Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA (16856 Views)

Naira May Rise Further Against Dollar As CBN Pumps Additional $195m / CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up / Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by ijustdey: 7:55pm On Feb 27, 2017
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has pumped fresh $180 million into the foreign exchange market, in its bid to solve the problem of forex scarcity, bedevilling Nigeria’s business environment.

The apex bank injected $80 million for personal travel allowance (PTA), school fees, and medical trips abroad, while another $100 million was sent into the system via banks for wholesale forwards market.

In a statement signed by Isaac Okorafor, the bank’s spokesperson, the CBN said its commitment to providing enough forex for legitimate business remains unshaken, reiterating that it would do everything possible to ensure the steady supply of forex to the market.

Within the last week, the naira appreciated drastically, following the CBN intervention at the interbank market.

A bureau de change operator told TheCable that the market is expecting the naira to settle around 385 per dollar, in the coming days.

The CBN had maintained that much of the dollar demand had been a bubble created by speculators and hoarders of the greenback.

On a radio programme on Monday the apex bank had warned market players and keepers of dollars to make hay and sell their holdings in order to avoid heavy losses.

https://www.thecable.ng/cbn-pumps-fresh-80m-fx-market-school-fees-pta

lalasticlala
Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by ekrizz(m): 8:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
I'll be particularly interested when N1=$1 as this government promised us during their election campaign. Anything short of that I refuse to be impressed for now.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by LoveMachine(m): 8:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
#385=$1? Not perfect but we are getting there. Things will surely improve with time. We just have to stay the course. We may not win them all but we can't keep losing.

29 Likes

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by SweetBoyFriend(m): 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2017

Why ??

CBN should stop spoiling our business

We were happy that $1 exchanged for 509 naira last week and now they're spoiling our business

Leave the naira the way it is, don't pump anything

We are here praying for $1 to exchange for N2,000 naira

I pray that Buhari would rule Nigeria for 50 years so that we all would enjoy $1 to N9,000

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by lifestyle1(m): 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
Cbn wan send hoarders/speculators go village grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by Turks: 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
Things will look up pretty soon. Sustainability is the watchword.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by nextprince: 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
God bless The ruling party. Wailers right now,

10 Likes

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by ephi123(f): 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
^^ The zombie above is conveniently calling "ruling party", it's hard to face the truth that Buhari is a constant k failure who only knows how to bring hardship to Nigerians.

---------------------

Nigerians can now see the difference between an illiterate in power vs an intellectual.
Missing certificate vs Degree in law

We may not be there yet but this is the right direction to be headed in.

Why weren't any of these positive changes happening until now? Big question.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hmmm, well done Prof

Kwantinu to rest well Baba

10 Likes

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
N1 -£
Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by MxtaMichealz(m): 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
sad
Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by yomalex(m): 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
Go down by force grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by HonabFaj(m): 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nice one

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by Kobicove(m): 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
That's good

All those hoarding forex will suffer massive losses!

9 Likes

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by Inception(m): 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
angry
Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by alatbaba1(m): 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
baba can stay more days
Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by Bealove: 8:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
Improvement
Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
E sure for us in Naija!!!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
I hereby authorize Buhari to take 3 more yrs of medical leave abroad, Buhari should not worry about his salaries, I will authorize that he be paid his monthly salary, even though he is on sick leave. I dont just want him coming back to mess these good news up.

And I hereby permit Osunbade to keep up the efforts, I know Tinubu is smiling now. grin grin grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by soath(m): 8:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
80 or 180?
Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by Abdulazeez007(m): 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2017
seriously, never head somtn of such during past administrations. [wailers note the S] The country is gonna b good!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by NNVanguard(m): 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nice move though quite belated.
Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by nextprince: 8:18pm On Feb 27, 2017
ephi123:
[s]You see the difference between an illiterate in power vs an educated person.

Why weren't any of these positive changes happening until now? Big question[/s].

Double speak. The recent appointment was made by the president but the the recent changes in fx was made by the ag president. How more confused and incoherent can wailers be?

7 Likes

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by Damilare6293: 8:18pm On Feb 27, 2017
wey me dey here dey trust God for Msc 65800 tuition which closes 12midnight.

1 Like

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by smemud(m): 8:18pm On Feb 27, 2017
we are getting there. Abeg tell babu make he no come home or else .....
Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by johnjay4u2u(m): 8:19pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nice move.
CBN playing chess
Them go soon checkmate.
Everybody hiding dollars go bring them out.
Dollar flood go soon happen

6 Likes

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by Adesiji77: 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2017
lifestyle1:
Cbn wan send hoarders/speculators go village grin

cheesy grin
Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by imoowo(m): 8:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
Very good,we all fall sick once in a while let have some sympathy on our leader PMB. Instead of insults let wish him well. PMB get well soon

1 Like

Re: CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA by SweetJoystick(m): 8:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nice, but I won't make money. Well, the ease of burden for Nigerians is better off than my greed grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Become Self Employed With 100k / GTBank Shuts Down HiTV Premises & Puts It Into Receivership / Top 5 Causes Of Business Failure And How To Avoid Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.