Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Eating Prebiotics May Improve Sleep, Cut Impact Of Stress - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Eating Prebiotics May Improve Sleep, Cut Impact Of Stress (350 Views)

How To Improve Sleep For Good Mental Health / Sleep Tips - Top Best Helpful Tips On How To Improve Sleep / Reduce Stress And Improve Sleep With These Common Foods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eating Prebiotics May Improve Sleep, Cut Impact Of Stress by carlitob: 10:58pm On Feb 27, 2017
New York: Intake of prebiotics -- dietary fibers found naturally in foods like chicory, artichokes, raw garlic, leeks and onions -- may help improve sleep and act as a buffer against the physiological impacts of stress, a study shows.
Prebiotics are certain types of non-digestible fibers that probiotic bacteria feed on, such as the fibers found in many plant sources like asparagus, oatmeal, and legumes as well as in breast milk.
The findings showed that rats on the prebiotic diet spent more time in non-rapid-eye-movement (NREM) sleep, which is restful and restorative and is dreamless, than those on the non-prebiotic diet.
"We found that dietary prebiotics can improve non-rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, as well as REM sleep after a stressful event," said lead author Robert Thompson, post-doctoral student at University of Colorado - Boulder.

http://www.carlybrigs.ga/2017/02/eating-prebiotics-may-improve-sleep-cut.html
Re: Eating Prebiotics May Improve Sleep, Cut Impact Of Stress by Roseey0(f): 7:48am On Mar 03, 2017
I just tried this with garlic and it worked. I slept all through the night, me that can wake up 2 to 3 times at night. I didn't blink till 6am.

It felt so good.
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

???? / Shocking Reasons Why You're Losing Your Hair / An Open Letter Of Appeal To Minister Of Health #severemalaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.