Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,893 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:08 AM

Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq (13740 Views)

Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! / Jesus VS Mohammad: How Both Men Treated Women *UPDATED* / Jesus Christ Vs Prophet Mohammad Who Is More Superior? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 5:38am On Feb 28, 2017
http://www.justislam.co.uk/images/Ibn%20Ishaq%20-%20Sirat%20Rasul%20Allah.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Ishaq

The link above,the first URL, is the link where you can download and read the biography of Mohammed by ibn ishaq, a renowned Arab historian who painstakingly compiled the biography of the propohet of Islam. Over 90% of what he wrote about Mohammed can be collaborated with the hadith. It is a good material that can be useful to the Jews, the Christians and the Muslims to have a better understanding of the person and character of Mohammed.

Ibn ishaq is an islamic scholar who lived about 60 years after the death of the prophet of Islam. He dedicated his entire life writing the biography of Mohammed. All the 5 schools of Islamic jurisprudence agreed with ibn ishaq's biography on Mohammed and his writing is used, atimes, in giving fatwas in most Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Sudan, etc.

Let's study ibn ishaq's biography on Mohammed for us to reach a conclusion if Mohammed was from God or not. The era of learning about Mohammed through the shieks and the imams is gone because all the imams and the sheiks also get their stories about Mohammed from ibn ishaq.

Download, read and let's discuss any page that is of importance for discussion. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by Pointblank09(m): 5:39am On Feb 28, 2017
We don hear
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by 1shortblackboy: 6:18am On Feb 28, 2017
why not go to the link copy and past here.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 8:26am On Feb 28, 2017
The book covers more than 700 pages. It takes time and patience to read it completely but revealed the brutallity and barbaric behaviors of the prophet of islam.

If you take time to read the book, pages 510-14 discussed mohammed's actions in khaibar, his ordering of the killing of kinana, safiya's husband, when he refused to disclose where the Jews hid their gold and some other atrocities. This incident was also recorded in the hadith.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 9:13am On Feb 28, 2017
true2god:
The book covers more than 700 pages. It takes time and patience to read it completely but revealed the brutallity and barbaric behaviors of the prophet of islam.

If you take time to read the book, pages 510-14 discussed mohammed's actions in khaibar, his ordering of the killing of kinana, safiya's husband, when he refused to disclose where the Jews hid their gold and some other atrocities. This incident was also recorded in the hadith.
Muhammad orders his son-in-law Ali, to behead Al-Nadr bin al-Harith on page 136.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by annunaki2(m): 9:24am On Feb 28, 2017
Following grin

Cc: rilwayne001, udatso, demmzy15, friendchoice, aminusanti come and learn more about your evil prophet here. tongue
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by Rilwayne001: 9:27am On Feb 28, 2017
Ok. I will download and read.

annunaki2:
Following grin

Cc: rilwayne001, ud.atso, de.mmzy15, friendch.oice, aminus.anti come and learn more about your evil prophet here. tongue

Mr man, so you have the chutzpah to mention me?

3 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 9:43am On Feb 28, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Ok. I will download and read.

Mr man, so you have the chutzpah to mention me?
Download and read with an open mind. Ibn Ishaq is the most authentic sunnah, second only to sahih Bukhari. You can also confirm the authenticity of the sunnah by Ibn Ishaq from your imams, sheiks and your ayatollahs. Make your research bro, no more excuse for ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 9:45am On Feb 28, 2017
true2god:
Muhammad orders his son-in-law Ali, to behead Al-Nadr bin al-Harith on page 136.
Muhammad approves the stabbing of Uqba bin Abu Muayt on page 308.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 10:24am On Feb 28, 2017
true2god:
https://www.sahih-bukhari.com/Pages/Bukhari_5_59.php

The link/hadith above is the comprehensive material on Mohammed's life, especially his wars, aggressions, calls to prayer, and calls to murder. The site is an official Saudi Arabia religious site and the hadith in question is sahih bukhari volume 5, book 59, number 1 to the end.

This are authentic al- hadith because it is impossible for over 600 unbroken chain of narrations to be false, besides, it is a sahih hadith by al-bukhari.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by udatso: 11:29am On Feb 28, 2017
Hahshahha
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 11:38am On Feb 28, 2017
udatso:
Hahshahha
We are looking into the biography of mohammed by Ibn Ishaq. Your contribution will be appreciated. You can as well download the link I provided on my first post.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by chiedu7: 11:54am On Feb 28, 2017
People have researched Mohammed.

One book on him titled The People Vs Muhammed caused a man to loose his mind on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=306NMgH31nw

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
true2god:
Muhammad arranges the beheading of Kab bin al-Ashraf on page 364-9.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by tbaba1234: 2:27pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ibn ishaq biography of Muhammad is full of unverified/false stories and narrations.

If you want to learn about Islam, you can learn from more authentic sources.

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
tbaba1234:
Ibn ishaq biography of Muhammad is full of unverified/false stories and narrations.

If you want to learn about Islam, you can learn from more authentic sources.
Ibn Ishaq wrote the biography of Mohammed over 1300 years ago and Ibn Ishaq materials on Islam can be found in all major religious libraries in Saudi Arabia. You can't be more Islamic than Mohammed or the Saudis. If Ibn Ishaq wrote something contrary to what Mohammed said or did, the Saudi religious authorities would have issued a fatwa to condemn Ibn Ishaq's biography of Mohammed.

Remember the Indian writer, Salman Rushdie, that wrote 'the satanic verses', a fatwa was issued by ayatollah Khomeini that commanded any Muslim to kill him for writing a book critical of Islam or the Islamic prophet. If Ibn Ishaq's work was a lie, it wouldn't have survived in Islamic libraries for more than 1300 years.

The work of Ibn Ishaq became a sort of embarrassment to Muslims because many people are reading it in English thus made them see the Mohammed as a wicked tyrant whose action can only be compared to Adolph Hitler.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
true2god:
Muhammad arranges the beheading of Kab bin al-Ashraf on page 364-9.
Muhammad personally beheads over 600 Jewish prisoners of war on page 494.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by tbaba1234: 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
true2god:
Ibn Ishaq wrote the biography of Mohammed over 1300 years ago and Ibn Ishaq materials on Islam can be found in all major religious libraries in Saudi Arabia. You can't be more Islamic than Mohammed or the Saudis. If Ibn Ishaq wrote something contrary to what Mohammed said or did, the Saudi religious authorities would have issued a fatwa to condemn Ibn Ishaq's biography of Mohammed.

Remember the Indian writer, Salman Rushdie, that wrote 'the satanic verses', a fatwa was issued by ayatollah Khomeini that commanded any Muslim to kill him for writing a book critical of Islam or the Islamic prophet. If Ibn Ishaq's work was a lie, it wouldn't have survived in Islamic libraries for more than 1300 years.

The work of Ibn Ishaq became a sort of embarrassment to Muslims because many people are reading it in English thus made them see the Mohammed as a wicked tyrant whose action can only be compared to Adolph Hitler.

Many of the Ibn Ishaq stories are not taken seriously even in Islamic circles. He simply gathered everything he heard, from every source, verifiable or not.

Great works have gone into verification and we have found most of the stories spurious at best.

It is still a great historical piece but it is ludicrous to base your stories on it.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by annunaki2(m): 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
tbaba1234:

Many of the Ibn Ishaq stories are not taken seriously even in Islamic circles. He simply gathered everything he heard, from every source, verifiable or not.

Great works have gone into verification and we have found most of the stories spurious at best.

It is still a great historical piece but it is ludicrous to base your stories on it.

Muslims and the lies they tell us to defend mohammed, very soon some muslims will tell us their "almighty" quoran has been corrupted when they see things in it that are too embarrassing just to defend mohammed.

3 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
tbaba1234:

Is there any fatwa issued to condemn some of the alleged lies by Ibn Ishaq against the prophet of Islam? No.

Is the biography of Mohammed by Ibn Ishaq still used all over the Islamic countries? Yes.

If great works have gone to authenticate the works of Ibn and found 'spurious at best', why is his works on Mohammed still in Islamic libraries? These are questions you need ask yourself. Burying your head in the sand and denying the works of Ibn Ishaq will not erase the fact that Mohammed did so many evil things. Even sahih Bukhari did not absolve Mohammed from any crime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by tbaba1234: 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2017
true2god:
Is there any fatwa issued to condemn some of the alleged lies by Ibn Ishaq against the prophet of Islam? No.

Is the biography of Mohammed by Ibn Ishaq still used all over the Islamic countries? Yes.

If great works have gone to authenticate the works of Ibn and found 'spurious at best', why is his works on Mohammed still in Islamic libraries? These are questions you need ask yourself. Burying your head in the sand and denying the works of Ibn Ishaq will not erase the fact that Mohammed did so many evil things. Even sahih Bukhari did not absolve Mohammed from any crime.

Even Ibn Ishaq himself admits to the possible falsehood of the stories recorded.

"Throughout his work, Ibn Ishaq precedes every statement with the word za`ama or za`amu, he (they) alleged). It carries with it more than a hint that the statement may not be true, though it might be sound. This attitude reflects Ibn Ishaq's caution and fairness."

(Alfred Guillaume's introduction to his Translation of Ibn Ishaq's Sirat Rasul Allah (The Life of Muhammad), published by Oxford University Press, 1955.)

Several Muslim scholars do not consider it a reliable source of information:

Imam Malik, One of the biggest imams in Islamic history called Ibn Ishaq a liar, stating that some of the stories came from known enemies of islam at the time. Imam Malik lived about 80 years after the prophet's death.

Kadhdhab and Dajjal min al-dajajila. Uyun al-athar, I, 16-7

Imam Hanbal called it unreliable.

Tahdhib al-Tahdhib, Da’ira Ma’arif Nizamia, Hyderabad, 1326 A.H. vol.9 p.43

Bukhari hardly used his sources for his Sahih books because of the unreliability.

Even non muslim who have studied islam know this:

"False ascription was rife among the 8th century scholars and that in any case Ibn Ishaq and contemporaries were drawing on oral traditions." (Cook, M: Muhammad, Oxford 1983. pg. 65)

So yes, Ibn Ishaq is an important reference but only Islamophobes pick on his unverifiable stories to drive home their agenda.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by policy12: 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
true2god:
http://www.justislam.co.uk/images/Ibn%20Ishaq%20-%20Sirat%20Rasul%20Allah.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Ishaq

The link above,the first URL, is the link where you can download and read the biography of Mohammed by ibn ishaq, a renowned Arab historian who painstakingly compiled the biography of the propohet of Islam. Over 90% of what he wrote about Mohammed can be collaborated with the hadith. It is a good material that can be useful to the Jews, the Christians and the Muslims to have a better understanding of the person and character of Mohammed.

Ibn ishaq is an islamic scholar who lived about 60 years after the death of the prophet of Islam. He dedicated his entire life writing the biography of Mohammed. All the 5 schools of Islamic jurisprudence agreed with ibn ishaq's biography on Mohammed and his writing is used, atimes, in giving fatwas in most Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Sudan, etc.

Let's study ibn ishaq's biography on Mohammed for us to reach a conclusion if Mohammed was from God or not. The era of learning about Mohammed through the shieks and the imams is gone because all the imams and the sheiks also get their stories about Mohammed from ibn ishaq.

Download, read and let's discuss any page that is of importance for discussion. Thanks.

Bros respect sir, pls how else can you strengthen the faith of a new convert from Islam to Christ.God bless u: you do make my day with ur write up and makes me love Christ the more.

Bros what of if u do a book on ur write up.

Love u with the love of Christ if we don't see hers on earth I Op we will meet at heaven.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
tbaba1234:

So yes, Ibn Ishaq is an important reference but only Islamophobes pick on his unverifiable stories to drive home their agenda.

Your statement here is contradictory. While you praised the work of Ibn Ishaq on the biography of Mohammed, you also claimed that some of his stories are unverifiable. How can you say a man's work is an important point of reference and at the same time condemn his work? I don't understand this logic.

Please note that Ibn Ishaq is a better Muslim than you. He is a second generation historian of Islamic theology and his works are older than the famous bukhari's hadith. And no known Islamic scholar had written any scholarly work condemning his work. We non-muslims are interested in anything/action that disqualifies Mohammed as a decent man let alone a prophet and sahih Bukhari, al-tabari, sahih Muslim and ibn ishaq have enough proof that showed Mohammed as a fake prophet.

Thank you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 9:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
policy12:

Bros respect sir, pls how else can you strengthen the faith of a new convert from Islam to Christ.God bless u: you do make my day with ur write up and makes me love Christ the more.

Bros what of if u do a book on ur write up.

Love u with the love of Christ if we don't see hers on earth I Op we will meet at heaven.
Thank you brother. I will advise you an email to contact me on your first request, pls remind me tomorrow or later.

On writing a book on this subject, that's a great idea but for now let me limit my works to social media. Writing a book critical to Mohammed and Islam can easily expose one to danger. Safety first. If God approves that I write a book on this topic, I will do that. However I don't have that plan for now unless otherwise directed by God.

You don't fight God's battle.

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by policy12: 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
true2god:
Thank you brother. I will advise you an email to contact me on your first request, pls remind me tomorrow or later.

On writing a book on this subject, that's a great idea but for now let me limit my works to social media. Writing a book critical to Mohammed and Islam can easily expose one to danger. Safety first. If God approves that I write a book on this topic, I will do that. However I don't have that plan for now unless otherwise directed by God.

You don't fight God's battle.

Respect, never thought of it that way pls thread cautiously u mean so much to ur followers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by policy12: 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
chiedu7:
People have researched Mohammed.

One book on him titled The People Vs Muhammed caused a man to loose his mind on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=306NMgH31nw

Bros how can I get this book, or tell the link to download it.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by tbaba1234: 10:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
true2god:
Your statement here is contradictory. While you praised the work of Ibn Ishaq on the biography of Mohammed, you also claimed that some of his stories are unverifiable. How can you say a man's work is an important point of reference and at the same time condemn his work? I don't understand this logic.

Please note that Ibn Ishaq is a better Muslim than you. He is a second generation historian of Islamic theology and his works are older than the famous bukhari's hadith. And no known Islamic scholar had written any scholarly work condemning his work. We non-muslims are interested in anything/action that disqualifies Mohammed as a decent man let alone a prophet and sahih Bukhari, al-tabari, sahih Muslim and ibn ishaq have enough proof that showed Mohammed as a fake prophet.

Thank you!

Imam Malik condemned him, went as far as to call him a liar.

Imam Hanbal labeled his work as unreliable.

Those are the Imams of 2 of the 4 largest school of thoughts in Islam.

That is the position of the Muslims. Now you can go ahead and spread your propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by airmark(m): 11:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
tbaba1234:

That is the position of the Muslims. Now you can go ahead and spread your propaganda

Is sahih bukhari, a valid hadith?
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 4:36am On Mar 01, 2017
tbaba1234:

How do you mean by propaganda when I am quoting an Islamic source that's considered valid in the Islamic world? Can you go to Saudi and tell a Saudi man that Ibn Ishaq's biography on Mohammed is filled with lies and distortions? You probably know the consequence.

If Ibn Ishaq is a Christian, your argument might be valid but he is the oldest Islamic historian I am aware of and his work is used throughout the Islamic world.

However, since you seem to repudiate most of Ibn Ishaq's work, do you have a complete belief in sahih Bukhari's hadith? Sahih Bukhari is the most widely used Islamic source material second only to the Quran, do you have 100% confidence in the hadith collections of Bukhari?

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by tbaba1234: 4:38am On Mar 01, 2017
true2god:
How do you mean by propaganda when I am quoting an Islamic source that's considered valid in the Islamic world? Can you go to Saudi and tell a Saudi man that Ibn Ishaq's biography on Mohammed is filled with lies and distortions? You probably know the consequence.

If Ibn Ishaq is a Christian, your argument might be valid but he is the oldest Islamic historian I am aware of and his work is used throughout the Islamic world.

However, since you seem to repudiate most of Ibn Ishaq's work, do you have a complete belief in sahih Bukhari's hadith? Sahih Bukhari is the most widely used Islamic source material second only to the Quran, do you have 100% confidence in the hadith collections of Bukhari?

An Islamic source that is not considered reliable by the vast majority of Muslims.

It is not everything a Muslim writes that we take authority from.

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 5:17am On Mar 01, 2017
tbaba1234:

An Islamic source that is not considered reliable by the vast majority of Muslims.

It is not everything a Muslim writes that we take authority from.
Since you have repudiated some of the works of Ibn Ishaq as 'unreliable', do you have 100% confidence in sahih Bukhari?

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by uvalued(m): 6:58am On Mar 01, 2017
tbaba was civil...and true2god...nice thread following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between A Tithe, An Offering And A Seed? / Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! / Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.