Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! (6681 Views)

Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / I'm Pregnant / My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by airminem(f): 12:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
I have 10months toddler and I just found out I'm pregnant again! To be honest I am scared because I had a c-section and I am a little embarrassed. It was a total accident, but I do admit I was not on any bc. I'm afraid I will have people judging me because our son and this baby will only be months apart. Not that it matters, but since I'm already uneasy about the whole thing it just bothers me more. Economically or financially we are working or as.ses out but aren't their yet! The one thing i notice is that no one is ever really ready to bring another child in the world!, it just happens but to me kids are a blessing from God!! My husband and I haven't told anybody because I told him not too yet, I am really embarrassed and don't know what to do. I just returned to work a month-plus ago since my job gave me few more months after c-section birth. How do I tell my work colleagues and family member i am having another baby. I really don't know what to do. I am happy about having another one but just embarrassed. Advice from those of you who can give useful idea.
Hold it! You better don't say congrats okay.

Thanks!
Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by thesicilian: 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
You need family planning support.

7 Likes

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by dupzy05: 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2017
undecidedEhya but DAT a gud news But y is it too fast?
Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by airminem(f): 12:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
thesicilian:

I get you artificial contraception right? fine, but i am pregnant now?

1 Like

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by dustydee: 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
I understand that it could be embarrassing but since there's nothing you can do about it then the best thing is to move on. Your child will be over a year old when the new one is born which is fine. As for your CS, it shouldn't be a problem. Your doctors will advice you on what to do and possible recommend a planned CS for you. Do not worry, I am sure your colleagues will be happy for you, but don't tell them yet.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by Monalisa185(f): 12:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
moral support? Give birth again.... Obago!!
Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by uboma(m): 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
thesicilian:

Very true!
Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
You just have to deliver the baby na. Why didn't you use pills or IUD or copper T? there are so many contraceptive.

1 Like

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by ElsonMorali: 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
airminem:
I have 10months toddler and I just found out I'm pregnant again! To be honest I am scared because I had a c-section and I am a little embarrassed. It was a total accident, but I do admit I was not on any bc. I'm afraid I will have people judging me because our son and this baby will only be months apart. Not that it matters, but since I'm already uneasy about the whole thing it just bothers me more. Economically or financially we are working or as.ses out but aren't their yet! The one thing i notice is that no one is ever really ready to bring another child in the world!, it just happens but to me kids are a blessing from God!! My husband and I haven't told anybody because I told him not too yet, I am really embarrassed and don't know what to do. I just returned to work a month-plus ago since my job gave me few more months after c-section birth. How do I tell my work colleagues and family member i am having another baby. I really don't know what to do. I am happy about having another one but just embarrassed. Advice from those of you who can give useful idea.

Thanks!

Why are you embarrassed to be pregnant. Be happy. Some women would give their right arm to experience what your experiencing right now.

It's your marriage, it's your body, it's your baby. Anybody who thinks they have a say in these private matters of yours had better be your God or at least paying your bills.

Shake off the guilty feeling, enjoy your pregnancy because whether you know it or not, your overall mood will affect not only the labor but also the child in the womb before parturition.

25 Likes

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by Richy4(m): 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2017
airminem:

Thanks!

You are back again....It's been a while we've heard from you dear..I guess u were very very busy smiley....But jokes apart..I wouldn't want to be born in a family that felt that I was a total accident....I suggest u do not say that again so that you won't get used to it....Because if you get used to thinking about how accidental the kid was, one day in future the kid may do something silly that might make you voice it out....There's a saying that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks...U can imagine the emotional and psychological damage that can cause...U need your husband around you at this moment to plan the next move and what the future entails... and please after this, invest on Condoms so you can recuperate....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by donbuchi1(m): 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hey, listen my wife and I were in exact situation some years ago. It felt awkward. Weird. We felt embarrassed. A friend told me, e bi like say you no dey sleep for night. Some laughed at us. Her boss was like, no family planning (FP) and condoms anymore. etc

We had our daughter Sept 2010 and Jan 2012 we had our son. A year and 4 months between them. By May 2011, she was pregnant.
Years later, both are strong and growing together. They look like twins and play together. Everyone has forgotten the past.

It could be another C-Section. Like our situation. My wife had 2 C-Sections. Talk to your doctors about your fears. You will be fine trust me.

Five years later we have not decided to have another kid. FP. No child is an accident please.

We have passed this journey before... smiles

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by okirewaju(f): 4:58pm On Feb 28, 2017
10 months and you say it's early?

I have seen 5 months and she had a beautiful girl
I have seen 3 months and she is still rocking her pregnancy.

It might be CS again so just prepare for it
Carry your pregnancy with joy

You are wiser now I suppose so as soon as you give birth, you go to your health provider for contraceptive.

All the best.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by Mimzyy(f): 5:09pm On Feb 28, 2017
It does not really matter what the society thinks 'cos the same society that you are worried 'bout now would have frowned at you if you are yet to conceive months/years after marriage.

What you should be concerned 'bout at this stage is your company policy as regards maternity leave considering the fact that you barely just resumed from one. Regardless of what you do, people will always talk. As long as you(and your hubby) are capable(financially and morally) to take care of the child(ren), then forget 'bout what people will think/say.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by eezeribe(m): 5:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
"The one thing i notice is that no
one is ever really ready to bring another child in the world!"

This part made me comment.
its you who lacks self discipline to do family planning and child spacing.
People plan to conceive and have children at their own pace, not by accident.
Speak for yourself and stop generalizing from your myopic point of view.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
eezeribe:
"The one thing i notice is that no
one is ever really ready to bring another child in the world!"

This part made me comment.
its you who lacks self discipline to do family planning and child spacing.
People plan to conceive and have children at their own pace, not by accident.

Speak for yourself and stop generalizing from your myopic point of view.
Exactly!, at the embolden. I wonder why she didn't go for family planning after her first child. Knowing fully their financial state. This is an era women don't joke with family planning, else you'll keep getting accidental pregnancy.

My advice to you is: forget about what people will say since the deed has already been done, but after this one please go for family planning.

1 Like

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by izzou(m): 6:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
airminem:

Thanks!

What kinda advice should we give? It's like putting the cart before the horse.

Just born and call us to come and chop rice grin

But sincerely, you and your husband need to plan angry

He needs to stop scoring goals. He should play the midfield or defense for now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by Ranchhoddas: 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
Is Roe v Wade out of the question?
Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by espionage48(m): 7:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
Must you advertise everything that is happening in your life in social media?..You are a married woman and mother Please grow up small!!!

6 Likes

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 28, 2017
You have a husband/father for the child.
You are married (?).
You are not starving, I hope.
You have a roof over your head.
The situation could be much worse.

But your kids will have the perfect age difference.
They can play together.
And the younger one can use the things of the older one (clothes, buggy, toys etc.) so you can save money here.

No need to feel embarrassed. See the advantages.

May you have an easy pregnancy, safe delivery and a healthy bunch of joy.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by ifyalways(f): 7:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
Regardless of when and how you get pregnant, people must talk. . . Behind your back,ofcourse.

Live your life for you. No child or pregnancy is a mistake. I was once there, I simply made a joke out of it ; the twin that decided to come out 7 months late. Lol

No biggie. No one actually cares when you get preggie or not, unless you are going to be a burden financially to him or her. So long as you can pay your bills, it's all good.

Rejoice and be glad. This is the story of a whole lot of women, nothing new!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by blank(f): 8:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
Awww. Reminds me of my situation so many years back. Had just started a new job and my baby was 11 months when I got pregnant. It turned out to be another Csection although the doctor gave us the option to choose.

Even now, I find it hard to mention their ages but the kids are like twins. Find out what your workplace says about people that need to take maternity leave so close. You will be fine.

Congratulations on your soon to be bundle of joy.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by tinutunde(f): 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2017

1 Like

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Is Roe v Wade out of the question?

Haaa! Even Roe before her death said that case and what it led to was one of the biggest mistakes of her life.

Say no to Roe V Wade. Say yes to life.
Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by Ranchhoddas: 10:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
Gaborone:

Haaa! Even Roe before her death said that case and what it led to was one of the biggest mistakes of her life.

Say no to Roe V Wade. Say yes to life.
The only thing we need to say ''no'' to is 'bornism bornism'. There is impending famine in the land. Make una stop indiscriminate 'borning'
Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by Ranchhoddas: 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
tinutunde:
10 months difference, you try small, am in dilemma cos am 8 weeks postpartum and it looks like am pregnant, I've not gone for PT and don't even know how to tell my husband if peradventure the PT is positive...
Hey God! The future is bleak.
Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by TheeDetective: 11:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
There are women looking for the fruit of the womb and they don’t have it. You have it and you are here complaining again. Don’t you ever get tired of complaining? Pay no attention to what others say about the pregnancy being so soon. Carry your pregnancy with happiness woman and never ever say a pregnancy is an accident. Be careful what you say as I’m sure if the child gets to hear it, it would not sound cool to the child.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
Actually by the time you gave your baby, your son will be 1.8yrs. That's not so bad!

I have friends with 3month age gap, meaning they got pregnant while the baby was still 2 months. That's the embarrassing situation, not yours.

PS, it really is very possible to plan your delivery. All it takes is self control and a sense of commitment. People really do decide it's time to have another child, I'm talking from experience.

But don't feel bad, like I said yours isn't so bad really.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by tinutunde(f): 8:08am On Mar 01, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Hey God! The future is bleak.
you are not God,
Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 01, 2017
No one is a mistake, the circumstances surrounding our birth does not determine what we are. Your unborn child won't be so happy if he someday got to know you once referred him as a Mistake. Though human beings are quick to critise but after a while they learn to overlook, accept and conform with situations. You have to be strong and move on. Never let people's words determine Your Life .
Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by Ranchhoddas: 9:09am On Mar 01, 2017
tinutunde:

you are not God,
A person does not have to be God to discern these things...and I was talking about the future of our nation, race, species and not necessarily yours.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by Richy4(m): 9:13am On Mar 01, 2017
espionage48:
Must you advertise everything that is happening in your life in social media?..You are a married woman and mother Please grow up small!!!

Bro..In as much as I do not like her way of bringing family matters on social media...But Cut her some slacks on this one...Even an adult might be going nuts thinking on what to do..she needs all the encouragement she can get from people that has passed through the same phase..

5 Likes

Re: I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!! by NL1960: 9:35am On Mar 01, 2017
airminem:

Thanks!

You are very funny. Why do you think a boy of 10 months is too young to have a sibling?. My son was born in September of 2005. His sister was born in February of 2007. Do the maths yourself to know how old he was when his sister was conceived. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... / Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. / How To Spend Your First Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.