Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV (44409 Views)

Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque / Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift / A Review Of Range Rover Vogue: Wike's Official Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by AutoReportNG: 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
When talking luxurious, refined, well-engineered, and pioneering designs, there is probably one SUV that springs to mind … Range Rover.

Since its inception in 1969 (as a prototype), the brand has evolved into one of the world's most elegant and sophisticated SUVs, with any number of who’s who celebrities driving one, and it has since cracked more than one million units sold (1.7 million to date, to be exact).

Forty-eight years on and it’s hard to sum up the brand’s heritage in a simple two-minute space, but it was long enough for Range Rover to celebrate this motoring icon through a specially commissioned animation — created to mark key dates in history for the legendary SUV.

You can see that today’s incarnations retain many of the original design hallmarks established way back when in 1970. These include its ‘floating’ roof design, distinctive clamshell bonnet, continuous belt line, and practical split tailgate.

Timeline:
1969 Range Rover Prototype (Velar)
1970 Range Rover Classic (two-door)
1973 Range Rover Classic (Suffix C)
1981 Range Rover Classic (four-door)

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/02/48-years-of-range-rover-evolution-of.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by AutoReportNG: 1:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
Watch the video and more

Timeline...

1994 Second-generation Range Rover (P38a)
2001 Third-generation Range Rover
2012 Fourth-generation Range Rover
2014 Fourth-generation Range Rover Long Wheelbase

Source:

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by AutoReportNG: 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
Timeline:

2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography
2016 Range Rover SVAutobiography Dynamic

Source:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by decatalyst(m): 1:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
Innoson could be celebrating like this in years to come, provided we, and the government patronize the brand.

Buy naija product to grow our brands.

God bless Nigeria

138 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by AutoReportNG: 1:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
There are only 2 luxury SUVs, Range Rover and others..

See more pictures and video here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by AutoReportNG: 1:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
decatalyst:
Innoson could be celebrating like this in years to come, provided we, and the government patronize the brand.

Buy naija product to grow our brands.

God bless Nigeria

Let Innoson work on its customer service, those guys run that place like an open market of Ojota, and let their mangement invest more on advert promotions. They are not ready to spend... Innoson never ready as much as I am concern. Them go old for house

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by spartan117(m): 1:50pm On Feb 28, 2017
My dream suv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by kennyjam: 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
It is for us. Who wants me to buy it for Him/Her?

If Yes,{}

Help me pay my house rent first!

3 Likes

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by DollarAngel(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
Just occurred to me, if everything is revolutionizing, why as Nigeria refuse to revolutionize, even car does.
Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by amanze15(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nigerian artist wet dreams grin
Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by LastSurvivor11: 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
No b say I no like am but my money never reach for now..

God will do it one day with hardwork n prayers..
Amen if you believe..

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by solid3(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
If you love to have this ride, click like.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by chekas111: 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
The next car to drive come Xmas.

3 Likes

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by Ogashub(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by dotcomnamename: 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
Mtchewwwww, Panti...
Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by forayfleo(m): 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hmmm I truly believe that nigeria will be great someday

1 Like

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by Murjem(m): 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
That's really cool you know wink
Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by Feranchek(m): 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
This is truly an EVOLUTION!!!!

Chai!! unfortunately, the reverse is the case for our dear country............ We seriously need a REVOLUTION

by the way, for me ''I'll own one of these'' is an understatement oooooo!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

sombori say amin to that mbok!!!

2 Likes

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by curvilicious: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
They yus wan to kii us

1 Like

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by rectitude(m): 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
I love this brand of car
Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by oseiwe(m): 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
nice
Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
cheesy
Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by spayor(m): 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
grin ;DI believe someday this so called range rover go bcom taxi for naija..... ;DI believe someday this so called range rover go bcom taxi for naija.....
Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
I can't wait to c dat of Toyota highlander

1 Like

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by helphelp: 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
All Na motor wey go reach my Villa without qualms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by Vickiweezy(m): 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nice one range rover.
Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by Lexusgs430: 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
AutoReportNG:
There are only 2 luxury SUVs, Range Rover and others..

Lalasticlala, Seun, Marpol

The Maserati suv also looks very dope though.... ..... ..

1 Like

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by Enemyofpeace: 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
No b say I no like am but my money never reach for now..

God will do it one day with hardwork n prayers..
Amen if you believe..
You are now in your late seventies o
Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by fortunekaura(m): 5:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
i can see the range from a range and i know owning it wont be strange... So so optimistic

2 Likes

Re: 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
I love Range

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem / Man Burnt His SUV To Ashes While Trying To Make A Way For It (Photos, Video) / Volkswagen Reopens Assembling Plant In Nigeria, After 20 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.