Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture (2915 Views)

Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) / Please Tell Me About This Car / Abandoned Ferrari In Ibadan Is Not A real Ferrari But A Kit Car.picture Included (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by nickxtra(m): 2:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
Help, my car Nissan Primera car ( from within the engine passenger side)give a katikati sound at cold start, but later vanishes or stops after long in motion. Also at times, a strange noise (chain-like-sounds) come on when on motion, particularly when climbing a hill, but later stops. I told this to my mechanic in Abuja, he said it is oil seal(can't really remember the name again) that has 'chopped' and needs to be replaced.

Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by Inception(m): 2:27pm On Feb 28, 2017
nickxtra:
Help, my car Nissan Primera car ( from within the engine passenger side)give a katikati sound at cold start, but later vanishes or stops after long in motion. Also at times, a strange noise (chain-like-sounds) come on when on motion, particularly when climbing a hill, but later stops. I told this to my mechanic in Abuja, he said it is oil seal(can't really remember the name again) that has 'chopped' and needs to be replaced.

grin
Gazzuzz! Your attention is needed at the porter's lodge!

2 Likes

Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by nickxtra(m): 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
Inception:

grin
Gazzuzz! Your attention is needed at the porter's lodge!
That may not be the really description of the sound, it's something like that or kikikiki grin. If you know what am sayin, drop a needful comment, otherwise, remove your headset and receive healing to ears now.
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
nickxtra:

record sound, send to me on whatsapp. 08033910382
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by diportivo: 5:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ur car uses a timing chain

Na d katikati sound wey u dey hear be dat

Out of curiosity, which oil dyu use in servicing it?
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by Kjnwancaro: 10:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
nickxtra:

I know the sound very well. 3 out of 5 Nissan micra in Ibadan give that sound.

2 Likes

Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by nickxtra(m): 11:08am On Mar 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Ok, i will. Tnx
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by nickxtra(m): 11:11am On Mar 01, 2017
diportivo:
Ur car uses a timing chain

Na d katikati sound wey u dey hear be dat

Out of curiosity, which oil dyu use in servicing it?
I use Total 5w40.
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by mecheal365: 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2017
Meecheal excels limited offers a professional services for: accidental car repairs, engine repair, car wash services, car painting(Oven baking)
vehicle branding, electrical/air condition repairs, vehicle maintenance, auto computerized diagnostics and visual inspection, Alignment and balancing, auto tracking services etc. and our products are:
1. Original spare parts
2. Tyre's of all brands
3. Synthetic engine oil
4. Auto accessories
5. Batteries etc

Meecheal excels limited auto care centre is architecturally design to contain over 300 vehicles, we assure safety of our customer vehicle upon every task within the workshop environment with the use of electronic security camera cctv and man power security. kindly call 08026999465 or 08068857988, you can visit our website at www.meechealexcels.com for more inquiries.
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
mecheal365:
Meecheal excels limited offers a professional services for: accidental car repairs, engine repair, car wash services, car painting(Oven baking)
vehicle branding, electrical/air condition repairs, vehicle maintenance, auto computerized diagnostics and visual inspection, Alignment and balancing, auto tracking services etc. and our products are:
1. Original spare parts
2. Tyre's of all brands
3. Synthetic engine oil
4. Auto accessories
5. Batteries etc

Meecheal excels limited auto care centre is architecturally design to contain over 300 vehicles, we assure safety of our customer vehicle upon every task within the workshop environment with the use of electronic security camera cctv and man power security. kindly call 08026999465 or 08068857988, you can visit our website at www.meechealexcels.com for more inquiries.

you refused to make any useful comment.

1 Like

Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by LeJeun3: 11:08pm On Mar 01, 2017
nickxtra:
I use Total 5w40.

Is that the recommended oil!?

Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by ironheart(m): 6:30am On Mar 02, 2017
Sound like what they call metal bearing of the crankshaft, they normally change it from under the car. But be careful cos they can do a shoddy job n ur car will start blowing oil through the rings. Happen to me

1 Like

Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by AutosBay(m): 6:45am On Mar 02, 2017
Call 08181259891
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by nickxtra(m): 3:26pm On Mar 02, 2017
LeJeun3:

Is that the recommended oil!?

5w30 is recommended and 5w40 is suitable. Moreover, the service record book that came with car it that the car was serviced with 5w30 and at some points 10w40 or 5w40 Total.
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by nickxtra(m): 3:28pm On Mar 02, 2017
ironheart:
Sound like what they call metal bearing of the crankshaft, they normally change it from under the car. But be careful cos they can do a shoddy job n ur car will start blowing oil through the rings. Happen to me
ok. Tnx
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by oluwaseunla(m): 8:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
My suspicion is that the sound on cold start up is timing chain rattle. What is your engine size? (1.6, 1.8 or 2.0).

The second sound on climbing hill, I strongly believe it will be a knock sensor sound. Bad knock sensor or harness, coupled with another underlying issue. Curiously, do you have a loss of power when you have the sounds on trying to climb a hill?

Meanwhile, just send the recorded sound as requested for.
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by mecheal365: 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

what useful comment have you made here? (correcter/omini knowest) i directed him to an auto workshop where the vehicle can be diagnosed and the problem solved. pls stay away from my comments as i didnt direct it to you. you can see your useful comment up-here.
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by mecheal365: 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you refused to make any useful comment.

what useful comment have you made here? (correcter/omini knowest) i directed him to an auto workshop where the vehicle can be diagnosed and the problem solved. pls stay away from my comments as i didnt direct it to you. you can see your useful comment up-here.
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
mecheal365:

recorded sound received, consultation given.

3 Likes

Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by Readonee35L(m): 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
mecheal365:

This place is not mechanic village.
It's Cartalk.
A place where people talk about the issues with their cars.
If the user decides to call you to fix it. It's left to them.
If you have nothing positive to post on her issues . Leave it . Don't post number up and down. The user has lots of mechanics around but chose to come here and seek advice not look for mechanic.

I need to be a mod in this car talk.
I go dn bn so many irresponsible people .

3 Likes

Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by kingreign(m): 6:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
mecheal365:

You speak out of the level of jagbagantis in your head. angry
If you reply me, Na 28mm ring spanner I go use back ya toe angry

2 Likes

Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by diportivo: 7:55pm On Mar 03, 2017
kingreign:

If you reply me, Na 28mm ring spanner I go use knack ya toe angry

Fixed!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Jiji mechanic angry

2 Likes

Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by kingreign(m): 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2017
diportivo:

Fixed!!

Jiji mechanic angry
Na mumu android autocorrect
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 04, 2017
grin Education & entertainment.
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by ukandi1(m): 6:56am On Mar 05, 2017
Timing chain
Wrong Engine oil.
These two can cause u a whole lot of similar troubles.
I suspect them. From my experience though
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by SmartchoicesNG: 10:51am On Mar 05, 2017
diportivo:

Fixed!!

Jiji mechanic angry
You are very okay as in very alright.... Lol jiji Mech ko
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
mecheal365:

You're a maroon.

He was infinitely more helpful. You offered nothing but a lame brain dead advert that makes no iota of sense.

1 Like

Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
grin O ti to naa.
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by mecheal365: 9:03am On Mar 06, 2017
[quote author=Readonee35L post=54242136]
This place is not mechanic village.
It's Cartalk.
A place where people talk about the issues with their cars.
If the user decides to call you to fix it. It's left to them.
If you have nothing positive to post on her issues . Leave it . Don't post number up and down. The user has lots of mechanics around but chose to come here and seek advice not look for mechanic.

I need to be a mod in this car talk.
I go dn bn so many irresponsible people

MUMU, go and google the website of the company i sent to him, am not a mechanic if you care to know, but decided to help solve the problem, i think what the owner needs is solution not to just hear mere comments like yours, if you care, you can post your own contribution and stop quoting others if you think you have better contribution to make.
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by mecheal365: 9:07am On Mar 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You're a maroon.

He was infinitely more helpful. You offered nothing but a lame brain dead advert that makes no iota of sense.

you and your family members are morons MUMU, go and google the website of the company i sent to him, am not a mechanic if you care to know, but decided to help solve the problem, i think what the owner needs is solution not to just hear mere comments like yours, if you care, you can post your own contribution and stop quoting others if you think you have better contribution to make.
Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 06, 2017
mecheal365:

you and your family members are morons MUMU, go and google the website of the company i sent to him, am not a mechanic if you care to know, but decided to help solve the problem, i think what the owner needs is solution not to just hear mere comments like yours, if you care, you can post your own contribution and stop quoting others if you think you have better contribution to make.

You don't even have the gumption to stand behind your own advert grin

4 Likes

Re: What could Be The Problem With This Car? - picture by mecheal365: 9:20am On Mar 06, 2017
kingreign:

If you reply me, Na 28mm ring spanner I go use back ya toe angry

maluuuuuu like you, look at you, if you don't know the meaning of a slang you hv been hearing of, why not shut up instead of spelling it wrong jagbagantis instead of jagbajantis, since you don't have respect for woman hood and you hv decided to talk to your mother anyhow, if you think am a mechanic like you, (note ) am not one, am a woman that have your mates at home, better learn how to talk to people online, you don't just open your stupid mouth and talk anyhow. fool of the century.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuel Consumption For Honda Crv 2004 / Price Of Engine For Honda Academy 94 Model / Honda Element And Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.