Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! (11886 Views)

2018/2019 PTDF LSS Scholarship Award Discussions / Ptdf Lss Payment Alert Dropping / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by Mathemagics: 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2017
When Growing Nigeria in Nigeria by Nigerians is Failing: A case study of PTDF LSS scholarship 2015/2016

As one of the awardees of the prestigious PTDF scholarship, I felt welcomed and proud to be standing tall amongst some of Nigeria’s brightest minds during the three day (15th-17th July, 2016) induction ceremony held at the PTDF towers in Abuja. However, as the induction ceremony drew to a close, many of the local scholarship awardees(LSS Scholars) including me, noticed a dichotomy in the ways affairs of the LSS and OSS (Overseas scholarship) schemes were been handled.

While we were waved goodbyes after the induction ceremony, preparation and travel plans were being made for our fellow scholars to be flown abroad. Many of us understood the urgency in trying to finalize travel plans for the foreign scholars - as school resumption was due in September,2016. However, some of the LSS scholars too were in similar predicament – as it was mandatory for LSS applicants to be student or admitted into any of a few selected schools across the nation at the time of application (October, 2015), so during the time of induction many of the local awardees were close to the completion of their graduate studies in some of the nation’s most prestigious Universities in Nigeria.

It is sad to state that while many of the LSS scholars brandish award letters from PTDF, some have had their results ceased by their institutions pending when PTDF pays their tuition. Whereas, most of the OSS scholars have had their fees (tuition and living expenses) paid in part or in full as far back as November, 2016, despite the outrageously high Forex rate. Meanwhile, Students schooling in Nigeria can only hold on to a Pseudo-Believe that “one day PTDF will pay”.

We want to use this medium to urge those in charge to overcome whatever bureaucratic bottlenecks that has hindered the processing of funds for the local scholars for months and to bring to the attention of well meaning Nigerians the challenges we face. Otherwise, this scholarship may tread the pathetic path of neglect similar scholarships and youth empowerment programs have witnessed in past. The Presidential scholarship (PRESSID 2015) and Youwin Batch 3 are notable examples.
Hence, we need no more delay in the payment of our funds.

Sincerely,

Concerned LSS Awardee

cc seun, davido470, lalasticlala, all the mods
Please help us move this to frontpage

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by Bulletproof: 10:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
So sad and disgusting how Nigerian scholars will be treated this way when their foreign counterparts have already begun second semester in UK institutions and co.
You guys should try and get this through to their twitter handles.

CC Seun, Lalasticlala, davido470
move this to permanent site.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by JamesVIIILegend: 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2017
So many things in Nigeria, presently, do not make sense at all. Excellence that should be applauded and well rewarded is fast becoming forgotten and sometimes, even derided.
it is a pity.
But Op, I'd like to think you guys will all be remembered eventually.

1 Like

Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by John93(m): 4:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
Some people said they've been paid. How true is it that some LSS scholars that applied in October 2015 have been paid?
Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by urchboyoski: 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
I'm an awardee of PTDF LSS for undergraduates. We took the exam early 2016 in my school and by january 2017, we were issued laptops and award letters. However the cash reward is yet to be paid, still waiting patienty
Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by TheSCRYPT: 8:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
cc; Davide470

1 Like

Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by veekid(m): 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2017

Na so them dey do
Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by Pearly255(f): 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by Mopolchi: 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
Eh ya
Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by beetown(m): 9:31pm On Mar 01, 2017
and how does this quicken the recovery of our estranged President... Quote me and die!!!
Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by Sambest2(m): 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
If our predecessors haven't been paid till now, when will they pay me when I get this year PTDF LSS lipsrsealed cry undecided embarassed shocked sad angry

I always knew there is something phishing about this scholarship, why will they ask one to pay while applying for scholarship, not just a scholarship but a FG scholarship .

On this note, I have boycotted this scholarship programme, PTDF I dash una my application fee, I'm no longer interested.

Thank you.

Modify: I just saw where one claimed a laptop was issued. PTDF I dey joke before wink

2 Likes

Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by Ekponoimo(m): 9:40pm On Mar 01, 2017
beetown:
and how does this quicken the recovery of our estranged President...
Quote me and die!!!
How would u have sense

2 Likes

Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by MoyoGENERAL: 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
Nigeria which way.
This is nauseating.
How can you send over 180 scholars abroad and pay their tuition plus living expenses worth at least 10 million naira each( current exchange rate) and you cannot pay the meagre "tuition and other" allowances of local scholars?
Absurd and unbelievable shocked
Abi these guys want to use cunning medium to siphon the funds ni!!!

So sad that capacity building and development in Nigeria, if continued to be handled this way, still has a long way to go!
Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by kings09(m): 9:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
So much for the govt of change. Maybe osibanjo will attend cos now we know buhari has bn the obstacle to the progress of nigerians. That man beta stay in London till 2099

2 Likes

Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by gadgetman: 9:46pm On Mar 01, 2017
kk
Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by beetown(m): 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
Ekponoimo:
How would u have sense
this one is a wailer grin
Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by saintclem7: 10:01pm On Mar 01, 2017
Someone is definitely not doing his job. How can Induction be held since August 2016? And they have requested for LSS awardees account number since dec. 2016 after issuing out award letter? Meaning the fund has been disbursed by the FG at the same time with the OSS awardees. Moreso the OSS awardees school fees has been paid since October, 2016 while still withholding the LSS awardees school fees. My opinion is some croonies in PTDF must have embezzled the fund in a fixed deposit account.

When will this corruption end, even when we are in Change regime?

Mathemagics:
When Growing Nigeria in Nigeria by Nigerians is Failing: A case study of PTDF LSS scholarship 2015/2016

As one of the awardees of the prestigious PTDF scholarship, I felt welcomed and proud to be standing tall amongst some of Nigeria’s brightest minds during the three day (15th-17th July, 2016) induction ceremony held at the PTDF towers in Abuja. However, as the induction ceremony drew to a close, many of the local scholarship awardees(LSS Scholars) including me, noticed a dichotomy in the ways affairs of the LSS and OSS (Overseas scholarship) schemes were been handled.

While we were waved goodbyes after the induction ceremony, preparation and travel plans were being made for our fellow scholars to be flown abroad. Many of us understood the urgency in trying to finalize travel plans for the foreign scholars - as school resumption was due in September,2016. However, some of the LSS scholars too were in similar predicament – as it was mandatory for LSS applicants to be student or admitted into any of a few selected schools across the nation at the time of application (October, 2015), so during the time of induction many of the local awardees were close to the completion of their graduate studies in some of the nation’s most prestigious Universities in Nigeria.

It is sad to state that while many of the LSS scholars brandish award letters from PTDF, some have had their results ceased by their institutions pending when PTDF pays their tuition. Whereas, most of the OSS scholars have had their fees (tuition and living expenses) paid in part or in full as far back as November, 2016, despite the outrageously high Forex rate. Meanwhile, Students schooling in Nigeria can only hold on to a Pseudo-Believe that “one day PTDF will pay”.

We want to use this medium to urge those in charge to overcome whatever bureaucratic bottlenecks that has hindered the processing of funds for the local scholars for months and to bring to the attention of well meaning Nigerians the challenges we face. Otherwise, this scholarship may tread the pathetic path of neglect similar scholarships and youth empowerment programs have witnessed in past. The Presidential scholarship (PRESSID 2015) and Youwin Batch 3 are notable examples.
Hence, we need no more delay in the payment of our funds.

Sincerely,

Concerned LSS Awardee

cc seun, davido470, lalasticlala, all the mods
Please help us move this to frontpage

2 Likes

Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
RECESSION HAVE CATCH UP WITH THEM
Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by jtcospwa: 10:03pm On Mar 01, 2017
its quite a pity that this nation does not value excellence in its local contenr.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by fasho01(m): 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
urchboyoski:
I'm an awardee of PTDF LSS for undergraduates. We took the exam early 2016 in my school and by january 2017, we were issued laptops and award letters. However the cash reward is yet to be paid, still waiting patienty

I was/am an awardee of PTDF LSS scholarship and I can tell you that since laptops were given to us, we didn't see any cash reward up till now. Then, we made numerous calls to the then coordinator and sent several mails all to no avail.

I'm glad someone has put this up now so the monumental fraud in that sector can be put to an end.(one time the person that picked the call on the phone number on their site requested for money before he can help us. Imagine!)

PS: We're all graduates now though 'patiently waiting' to get alert of all that was/is accrued to us one day.,

1 Like

Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by ekolina(m): 2:13am On Mar 02, 2017
It is unfortunate the way things are done in PTDF.......However your statement with regards OSS is not true. No OSS school fee has been paid, also a number of scholars have not been paid a penny since they arrived UK. So my friend we are all in the same situation.
Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by Oduok(m): 3:13am On Mar 02, 2017
All I observe is that you must be rich to be a PTDF scholar. That is paradoxical, anyway. You need to have money for your education as a PTDF scholar then PTDF will pay you in arears. I was a PTDF undergraduate scholar (2011 - 2015). We experienced serious delays, some were worried but I was not because I so much understood the Nigerian system. At a point I was tired of receiving calls and answering questions from my colleagues. But the truth is, as I speak PTDF is not owing us anything. All our entitles were paid to the latter, though with delays. The cordinator always used to tell us, "you know there are different tables approvals need to be obtained." So OP be patient and do not discourage people (like us) that want to take M.Sc scholarship from PTDF. You are lucky you are LSS. The delay bits worse for OSS because as Nigerians in Nigeria we can always survive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by seguno2: 6:48am On Mar 02, 2017
Buhari is an all round failure.
Anything that he touches turns into dust.

1 Like

Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by John93(m): 2:08pm On Mar 03, 2017
Oduok:
All I observe is that you must be rich to be a PTDF scholar. That is paradoxical, anyway. You need to have money for your education as a PTDF scholar then PTDF will pay you in arears. I was a PTDF undergraduate scholar (2011 - 2015). We experienced serious delays, some were worried but I was not because I so much understood the Nigerian system. At a point I was tired of receiving calls and answering questions from my colleagues. But the truth is, as I speak PTDF is not owing us anything. All our entitles were paid to the latter, though with delays. The cordinator always used to tell us, "you know there are different tables approvals need to be obtained." So OP be patient and do not discourage people (like us) that want to take M.Sc scholarship from PTDF. You are lucky you are LSS. The delay bits worse for OSS because as Nigerians in Nigeria we can always survive.

Wow...Only Laptops and award letters have been issued. Please permit me to ask,How much were you paid and when were you paid?
Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by Oduok(m): 4:16pm On Mar 03, 2017
John93:

Wow...Only Laptops and award letters have been issued. Please permit me to ask,How much were you paid and when were you paid?
We received payment in June, maybe six months after we collected letters and laptops. It always came every June. But there was this year, our third time of collection, that we waited June came and gone. It was until December that we received for that year. As for the amount, everything you paid as school fees (on the receipt) plus the amounts stated on the letter will be paid into your account.
Re: 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! by John93(m): 6:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
Oduok:

We received payment in June, maybe six months after we collected letters and laptops. It always came every June. But there was this year, our third time of collection, that we waited June came and gone. It was until December that we received for that year. As for the amount, everything you paid as school fees (on the receipt) plus the amounts stated on the letter will be paid into your account.

Thanks. Please do you have their contact phone number?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Keren Chigozie-nnah Wins Nigeria Spelling Bee! / Result And Admission Status Of Delta State School Of Health Ufuoma-ugheli 2012/2 / Prisoners Set For 2018 NECO Exam In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.