Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Lenten Period, Holy Season 2017 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lenten Period, Holy Season 2017 (552 Views)

Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics / Why Anglicans Don't Do Wedding During Lenten Period / Lent: Lenten Fast And Liturgical Season Of Lent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lenten Period, Holy Season 2017 by toygod2: 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2017
Calvary greetings I bring to you, all Christian faithfuls.
As i usually feel lazy to create a topic here on nairaland but i feel this irresistible urge to do this right now. This is for God and humanity.
This is a reminder that tomorrow which is the first day of march [01-03-17] is ASH WEDNESDAY and this directly means the beginning of FASTING. This is going to span for 40days irrespective of our Christian denominations.

However, to some, there is the believe that it is a day you don't eat meat. But i know for sure, the period is a period to re-dedicate one's self to the living God, in fasting and prayers.

Remember GENEsIS 3vs19, ECCLESIASTES 3vs20 and ECCLESIASTES 12v7..... These 3 verses in the widely read holy book of the Christians bring me close to soberness, as i always feel remorse for my sins, mostly during this season.
May the almighty help us all and give us the strength to observe this period accordingly and as well resist us from all temptations.
May all our prayers and supplications before him be acceptable and God help us all, to be a partaker in the last supper of thy lamb. Amen.

Can we please make this the official thread as there are no other thread on this right now. Thanks dear admin OAM4J

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lenten Period, Holy Season 2017 by tchimatic(m): 11:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
It has just begun!!!

1 Like

Re: Lenten Period, Holy Season 2017 by toygod2: 8:19am On Mar 01, 2017
Yes bro, 40days!

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Family Brutally Wounded A Christian Man For Having Friendship With Their / How To Worship The Nigerian God / The Scarlet Woman And The Scarlet Beast Alias The Beast From The Sea Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.