Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

My Date Episodes: My Encounter With Ken - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Date Episodes: My Encounter With Ken (500 Views)

My Encounter With Kate / How An Encounter With A Marijuana Smoker Helped Solved My Problem- Johnspeak / My First Girlfriend - My Life Story (in Episodes) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Date Episodes: My Encounter With Ken by maestro2000(m): 7:19am On Mar 01, 2017
I walked up slowly down the road, exhausted and eager to see my building in sight. I heard a car horn and as I attempted to make way for it, adjusting to the left side of the road, the car stopped and the passenger alighted. I hissed, ‘so much for only alighting from a vehicle?’

I walked further ahead and the passenger who just alighted, a young boy shabbily dressed, looking quite unfed and unsure of himself walked up to me. ‘Ken said I should call you,’ he said.

‘Excuse me, I pretended not to hear’ ‘Ken said you should come’, he further reiterated. ‘Ken?’

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

I looked at him strangely, ‘Who is Ken?’ he pointed towards the car which had pull over to a side of the road. I looked at him with bloodshot eyes and began walking faster. He could be a kidnapper or ritualist,I thought to myself. Just before I walked past the car, I was stopped by a hefty man who looked three times my age and five times my size; the typical Lagos ‘Baba Olowo’. He was well balanced behind the wheels and introduced himself as the ‘Ken’.

I now understood that the young lad was only an emissary and I was prepared that I would scream if anyone appeared from the backseat and tried to force me into the car. Those were the exact forms kidnappings occurred in many of the Nigerian movies I could remember.

I tried to be pleasant so I could walk away but he wouldn’t budge. He asked for a few of my details and it occurred to me that names were still used to call the victims for slaughter in the Nigerian movies I watched as well. I thought of the name my parents forgot to bear me, and almost not thinking of its meaning, I answered ‘Tijesunimi’,(I am the Lord’s) in my mind, the demons would find the name either too long to fathom or that the ‘Jesus’ in it, will send fire and brimstones from heaven on them. My mission was accomplished, my abductor (because he held me bound for almost five minutes) told me he couldn’t remember the name. I told him to try harder and left him to a game of guessing.

CULLED FROM:

http://megasblog.com/my-date-episodes-my-encounter-with-ken/

(1) (Reply)

This Thread Has Been Removed / Importance Of Editing And Reviewing A Manuscript / The Broken Glass: Humanity Is The Cure.. A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.