Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) (41605 Views)

Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG / Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars / Durability Of Innoson Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by fmlala: 11:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
[quote author=AutoReportNG post=54183768]I am forced to give you a rebruttal, but you don't deserve it.

If your firm can't take to corrections, just too bad, trust me, too bad.

God bless Nigeria[/quot

Wetin be your own self? Go and condem any latest BMW or Mercedes and let's see. The mouth way u na take kill mmm be that. Bad belle upandan
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by myplaydiary: 11:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
Victorclean1:
The greatest burden many have suffered in the past is being jealous but many later surpassed it with a lesson that it hurts more to the one having the jealousy than the one being jealous. My big brother myplaydiary, I understand your anger, and is a pity that you allow yourself to be drown in a very big ocean of jealously. I only pity your heart u ar exposing to hypertension. Truly you need help!!!!. Innoson has made it big, a billionaire dinning with FG, Tinubu, dangote etc. The rich know themselves and intermarry irrespective of tribe while many poor citizens queued up in naira land strangulating and suffocating each other with ethnic dichotomy. Chai, many need psychiatric intervention.
I think you are making a mistake in your post, i am not the one against Innoson here look through the comments you will find them, however if thats what you intended writing then i think you are one hell of a joker, your comedy really got me cracking, i think you should be on stage with the likes of I go die, basket mouth and Ay. if you dont think so then you need psychiatric help and if you are on meds already dont miss your drugs again and always sleep early, you need to relax your brain more often than not.
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Coolgent(m): 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mtss trash
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by EazyMoh(m): 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
ChiefSweetus:

Did you read the post at all or what?!
Innoson has at least 30% of the commercial transport market share in Nigeria. If you dont know better ask somebody!
My problem with you people is how you can comfortably lie to yourselves and then try to convince us it's the truth.
Do you know what 30% really is?
Commercial transport is dominated by Toyota Hiace busses and the Mercedes Benz Marco Polo Luxury busses. I have never seen an IBM used in commercial transport. And trust me I travel a lot. Port Harcourt to Kano, Kano to Lagos regularly.

6 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by MutantMetahuman: 11:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
ChiefSweetus:

Dont stay in Akute and think you have seen the world. I am not talking about intra-state, which is unfortunately ruled by the 1970 scooby-doo kombi buses of VW.
When I was traversing the country by road between 2005 and 2011, i know the frequency with which i came across Innoson. I used to take pictures then, because it was amazing.
Go to Ojota at 5pm, look out for the buses from the East. I bet you, 30% is a conservative figure. The days of Mercedes as promoted by the near-moribund Anammco that enjoyed their greatest spell in the 90s (with stiff competition from Volvo) are long gone.
dude

You have serious problem with mathematics. Atleast next time make it clear you are talking about 30% of new cars.

Tata is making waves more than innoson at the moment in the transportation sector. Next time you wanna make bogus claim, atleast come with proof.

I have never seen any innoson car before in my life and I travel a lot.

1 Like

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by myplaydiary: 11:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
Lordsocrates:

unlike AutoNg I love engagement, and I fight dirty.
i dont want to derail this thread atleast not now..
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by ChiefSweetus: 11:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
EazyMoh:

My problem with you people is how you can comfortably lie to yourselves and then try to convince us it's the truth.
Do you know what 30% really is?
Commercial transport is dominated by Toyota Hiace busses and the Mercedes Benz Marco Polo Luxury busses. I have never seen an IBM used in commercial transport. And trust me I travel a lot. Port Harcourt to Kano, Kano to Lagos regularly.
I have seen TOO MANY innoson buses in different shapes and sizes. Brand new and broken down. In the south west and south east.
Is Innoson feeding my kids and side-chics that i will hold brief for him? Facts are facts and i am speaking from my own unique experience/observations.
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by ChiefSweetus: 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
dude

You have serious problem with mathematics. Atleast next time make it clear you are talking about 30% of new cars.

Tata is making waves more than innoson at the moment in the transportation sector. Next time you wanna make bogus claim, atleast come with proof.

I have never seen any innoson car before in my life and I travel a lot.
How will you see when they load you inside the nama section of the lorry? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by DonaldGenes(m): 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
myplaydiary:
My write up must have hit a nerve for you to think i work with innoson, while i would love too work with them though, i however need to draw your errs to public knowledge. Your post was indeed very misleading, too bad for an auto blogger, i understand you must eat but do so with common sense, don't pull one down to exalt yourself, i would have love to educate you further but i see you are really hurting already.

Have a good evening.

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by nenergy(m): 11:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
AutoReportNG:

1. Customer Care/Social Media

A Chinese proverb says, "If you don't know how to smile, don't think of opening a shop." Nothing amounts to great customer service and relations, a cross check at Innoson Motors website is nothing to write about, the site was linked together with its parent company. Innoson is a brand itself and so should be made to stand out, the navigation, the contents there are just too boring to read or to assimilate. It is being expected that Innoson website ought to have a functional chat, email and social media that is up and running. A visit to their Twitter page shows that they last tweeted on 11th of Feb., 2017 and their facebook page 20th August 2016, where companies like Toyota, Peugeot, etc. tweets at least 5 times daily. Nothing amounts to having an excellent customer care, a responsive website, and a proactive social media personnel.

I agree with the above. See my message to them last year. sad

3 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by wristbangle: 11:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
U are getting it all wrong myplaydiary. What the guy mentioned earlier was the truth and learn how to imbibe constructive criticism instead of being too defensive. Your reaction speaks volume of the automobile brand readiness to other competitors in the market. I need to recall you about what sources gathered that most Innoson employees including the CEO use foreign brand vehicles which sends wrong signals to consumers.

Ofcours you will want to tell me he is entitled to use any automobile brands that suites him but hey! that doesn't speak well for his brand. You must have heard of how toyota management team sacked their employees who use competitor brands such as honda, mazda, etc. Why can't we emulate such? Charity truly begins at home.

5 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by EazyMoh(m): 11:30pm On Mar 01, 2017
ChiefSweetus:

I have seen TOO MANY innoson buses in different shapes and sizes. Brand new and broken down. In the south west and south east.
Is Innoson feeding my kids and side-chics that i will hold brief for him? Facts are facts and i am speaking from my own unique experience/observations.
I didn't say you never saw any, I myself have seen a lot, even on my street.
What we are arguing is the 30% you are comfortable quoting.
Let me give you an example, it means if I stand by the road side and count ten commercial vehicles then at least 3 of them will be innoson. Haba you too reason am now. The most likely scenario is that you will stand there for the whole day, you will be lucky to see just one!

4 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Sanchez01: 11:31pm On Mar 01, 2017
In addition should innoson, do many of the highlighted as mentioned by the OP he is shoting himself in the foot and indeed sending a signal to foreign car manufacturers who will see the prospect in setting up car plants in the country and in the long run throw the innoson car brand into the Abyss of One time Indigenous car Manufacturing brand best deal he will get is that they will by his plant over or partner with him but name changes.
This is absolute rubbish! Indigenous or not, every company must brace for competition. It is the best way of staying afloat. If at this stage, Innoson is scared of healthy competitions then it only implies it is not ready to succeed in the auto world as far as Nigeria is concerned.

First off, I have been observing the trend of the brand for over a year now and I am not surprised that the brand is yet to break even. How can it when the target audience are the wealthy and highly placed folks in the society who pose with your vehicles on social media but never drive them? I still believe the brand is still churning out prototypes as they are not yet ready.

Myplaydiary, kindly go through the emboldened as posted by you and find below what Auto Josh pointed out which, according to you, would make Innoson fizzle out;

1 . customer care/social media (The heart and soul of every business)
2. Show Rooms (the perfect breeding ground to exhibiting your array of vehicled)
3. Spare parts/accessories (Like hell!)
4. Advert (The heart of every business)

If you are scared of doing the above because it would stiffen the competition by seeing many rival companies here, then it's a way of saying the Innoson brand should not be trusted because rather than quality service, the brand is just profit conscious.

PS: I honestly don't understand what is wrong with the thinking of most Nigerian companies. It's as if we are programmed to making the same mistakes time and time again. Innoson is clearly not ready. It is not by 'it is our own'. You have to provide those things Auto Josh mentioned to create aggressive awareness about the variety of products and also assure potential customers that there are more than enough parts of your vehicles out there. And rather than note his points, you're being defensive with some flimsy excuses. So typical of Nigerian brands. Later they'll say we don't like patronizing our own.

14 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by lexy2014: 11:33pm On Mar 01, 2017
myplaydiary:
https://www.nairaland.com/3658014/why-nigerians-not-buying-innoson

OP while it might be safe to say your finding are correct on the surface but, in reality they are totally and flat out wrong, now Innoson is a businesses man and have professionals whom he pays hundreds of thousands of Naira to keep his business afloat and up par with blue chip companies in his line of business. Deep down in you mind do you really think Innoson or the numerous employees on his payroll don't know all these this things you listed up there i could even add more to make that list "10 reasons why Nigerians are not buying innoson cars".

Now to tell you your mistakes where you are wrong and why Innoson and his numerous employers are not paying attention to any of the things listed up there. First Innoson as an indigenous car manufacturing company is still quite young and in its Nursery stages, for this reasons they are not competing or want to be seen as competitors with any of the other leading foreign brands, we will get to why later.

Secondly, Innosson cannot even meet up with the demand on their hands and even take months and in some cases a year and some months to meet up with demands from some client customers, in most cases Federal, State government and many major transporters, many Nigerians don't know this, Many commercial inter-state buses you ride are actually innosson buses but frank be told you cant tell the difference.

In addition, should innoson, do many of the highlighted as mentioned by the OP he is shoting himself in the foot and indeed sending a signal to foreign car manufacturers who will see the prospect in setting up car plants in the country and in the long run throw the innoson car brand into the Abyss of One time Indigenous car Manufacturing brand best deal he will get is that they will by his plant over or partner with him but name changes.

Going forward innoson right now can only be the under-dog get a small niche whether from federal, state government or Transporters a niche is a niche, we can see he is extending to the military, and if you observe, the truth is innoson is not really interested in selling to individuals as that is the fastest way to kill the brand before it gains any relevance, you might be thinking how's that, Good question, Social media; with the current social media trend, one could buy a innoson vehicle when it gets a flat tire he goes to social media to rant how innoson vehicles cant go a km without a flat tire, she runs her battery down, the goes to social media to rant how her engine knocked cause the car cant start you cant imagine the list is endless, Even a Nigerian senator was guilty of this after using a car for 3 years with one issue. Then you can’t rule out the bad belle factor.

Innoson needs references, client and customers whom can give his business credibility, when he achieves this the growth of his car brand becomes organic and he would not need to do too much to prove to people that his car brands are reliable, he will simply just reference them to high worth groups, companies and agencies using his vehicles and their testimony will sell his cars, also if you do business the first rule is do not do business on sentiments, don’t say you have friends that will buy your products when you make them what if they don’t or what if when those products are not available your friends are Not, Innoson understands this so he is not creating his car for only the Nigerian market as he is already selling to Ghana.

Then talking about his car looking like other cars that is normal with technology, you make your product look like the trending one, look at the Mobile phone industry, the auto mobile industry, Computer industry, i remember you even posted an article her detailing why BMW and Mercedes Benz always have resemblance, these are called borrowed tech normal, totally Normal with any tech industry, call me one car brand i will tell you the next that looks like it and uses same spare parts.

Then coming to the Innoson wagon it has Not even been released or lunched yet it still in the works cut it a slack let them pull it out first, secondly that car was and is being specifically created for NASS, Yes the National Assembly, and we all know those guys do it big, so if Innosson cant offer Big they cant do Innosson its as simple as that. I hope my post has been able to correct the general mindset of Nigerians and Nairalanders that share the same thought process as the OP.

I could continue on and on and on but let me stop here because i know nairalander like it short well i apologize this is already a long post.
some time ago AutoReportNG did a write up on gov obianos Toyota jeep.I was disappointed in his write up and asked him y he didn't rather showcase innosons products instead of toyota.he responded by saying that getting info from innoson about its products was a difficult task& he raised those issues in his write up today.I agree with him but am lost at d kind of responses u put up 2 his argument.in this age, innoson isnt active on d internet.it's a shame.being a new coy is even more teason to b active in d e-space.digital marketing is a great way 2 get ur msg out there except u aren't sure of urself.so when u say innoson and its employees "aren't paying attention" then how will it manufacture cars that will provide customers with a satisfying experience when it doesn't pay attention to whats happening in it's environment?

Again u say innoson isn't competing.this is strange cos if u aren't competing,then what are u doing?there is a market dominated by global brands.so u mean innoson isn't interested in getting a share of d market?

U say innosons products are in high demand.where?even in public transportation u talked about,Toyota is d dominant brand.

Again u said innoson needs ,"references, customers and clients" yet u said innoson isn't interested in selling to individuals. so how do u get references, customers and clients if u don't sell to individuals?

From ur write up innoson is scared of what customers would say if there are defects in d vehicles. last I checked,thats what is called feedback.if u scared of feedback then how do u improve ur product and that is what social media helps u achieve.many global brands from samsung to volkswagen to toyota, have recalled their products but that hasn't killed their biz.it shows that they are customer centric.

So for me, d excuses u gave are defeatist. if that is d thinking in innoson, then most of us would b disappointed cos we are eager to c innoson compete with bigger brands.it can't do that with d kind of mindset that u say operates in innoson

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Lordsocrates: 11:34pm On Mar 01, 2017
ChiefSweetus:

"A" park huh?

You must have offered your own Statistics course at Shagalinku Polytechnic, Borno. undecided

You said "ASK ANY BODY"... By the way I stay in Aks, all ATTC busses are Jinbee...
and then these this small mini busses that are trending now, cost 1.3mill, no single public transport here uses innoson... not even one..

I only see them, when I wake up early to see the trucks that dispose of our wastes

4 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by myplaydiary: 11:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
tdayof:
Op lacks buisness statregy. I'll never stay under because of a foreign manufacturer.

There are better ways to deal with a competitor, go to Quora and read first hand B2B plans. I don't like typing too much but your points about competing with a foreign competitor holds no water.
You are not seeing the clear picture here, we are talking about an indigenous company that can barely raise forex against multinationals, i hope you notice how federal government started to favour nissan the moment they indicated interest to setup shop in Nigeria and did you see how they got all the patronages when they came on stream while innoson looked on, like i said i only tried to keep the post short, i could keep going, but i needed nairalanders to read before commenting It's just like saying Big Cola going against coca cola. No chance bruv.
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by malaki39: 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
myplaydiary:
I really like the way you put your comment, yes i was in a hurry to reply and no i never intended to bash the first OP, infact this post was first posted on the original post by the OP but then it was already on third page by the time i finished so i copied it and created a thread for it. however in regards my response to the first OP,if you are sincere i hope you notice what he tried to do with that very comment of his which i replied, if he engaged me intelligently i would have dignified him with same. yes i will still edit the post to correct the typo's however i am glad you know that they are just typo's. thank you i really loved your response some how it felt really sincere though i still feel you tried to spite me though .

I'm sorry, it wasn't intentional. Do have a sound sleep please. Good night
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Sanchez01: 11:39pm On Mar 01, 2017
lexy2014:
some time ago AutoReportNG did a write up on gov obianos Toyota jeep.I was disappointed in his write up and asked him y he didn't rather showcase innosons products instead of toyota.he responded by saying that getting info from innoson about its products was a difficult task& he raised those issues in his write up today.I agree with him but am lost at d kind of responses u put up 2 his argument.in this age, innoson isnt active on d internet.it's a shame.being a new coy is even more teason to b active in d e-space.digital marketing is a great way 2 get ur msg out there except u aren't sure of urself.[/b]so when u say innoson and its employees "aren't paying attention" then how will it manufacture cars that will provide customers with a satisfying experience when it doesn't pay attention to whats happening in it's environment?

[b]Again u say innoson isn't competing.this is strange cos if u aren't competing,then what are u doing?there is a market dominated by global brands.so u mean innoson isn't interested in getting a share of d market?

U say innosons products are in high demand.where?even in public transportation u talked about,Toyota is d dominant brand.

Again u said innoson needs ,"references, customers and clients" yet u said innoson isn't interested in selling to individuals. so how do u get references, customers and clients if u don't sell to individuals?

From ur write up innoson is scared of what customers would say if there are defects in d vehicles. last I checked,thats what is called feedback.if u scared of feedback then how do u improve ur product and that is what social media helps u achieve.many global brands from samsung to volkswagen to toyota, have recalled their products but that hasn't killed their biz.it shows that they are customer centric.

So for me, d excuses u gave are defeatist. if that is d thinking in innoson, then most of us would b disappointed cos we are eager to c innoson compete with bigger brands.it can't do that with d kind of mindset that u say operates in innoson

You just killed it and projected my thoughts better than I did! I don't understand how a brand isn't interested in market share just because they are Indigenous. They wouldn't enjoy feedback because apparently there response to issues could do more damage than what is on ground.

The moment a Nigerian companies starts raking in hundreds of millions of Naira, and or, hundreds of thousands of Naira, they throw caution to the wind, not minding the integrity they struggled to build.

4 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by myplaydiary: 11:40pm On Mar 01, 2017
dhantey324:

The guy couldn't take some mild words, even when his initial post on fp was trash!! All that ego and he doesn't know much. Thanks for d nice and educating post bro.
Thanks bruv, the only reason i replied him in that tone was because he tried to ridicule me and my post, without being intelligent about it. He could have just countered my post intelligently and it would have been a beautiful discuss where everyone will be educated and informed. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by lexy2014: 11:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
Sanchez01:

You just killed it and projected my thoughts better than I did! I don't understand how a brand isn't interested in market share just because they are Indigenous. They wouldn't enjoy feedback because apparently there response to issues could do more damage than what is on ground.

The moment a Nigerian companies starts raking in hundreds of millions of Naira, and or, hundreds of thousands of Naira, they throw caution to the wind, not minding the integrity they struggled to build.
tnx bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by wristbangle: 11:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
Sanchez01:

This is absolute rubbish! Indigenous or not, every company must brace for competition. It is the best way of staying afloat. If at this stage, Innoson is scared of healthy competitions then it only implies it is not ready to succeed in the auto world as far as Nigeria is concerned.

First off, I have been observing the trend of the brand for over a year now and I am not surprised that the brand is yet to break even. How can it when the target audience are the wealthy and highly placed folks in the society who pose with your vehicles on social media but never drive them? I still believe the brand is still churning out prototypes as they are not yet ready.

Myplaydiary, kindly go through the emboldened as posted by you and find below what Auto Josh pointed out which, according to you, would make Innoson fizzle out;

1 . customer care/social media (The heart and soul of every business)
2. Show Rooms (the perfect breeding ground to exhibiting your array of vehicled)
3. Spare parts/accessories (Like hell!)
4. Advert (The heart of every business)

If you are scared of doing the above because it would stiffen the competition by seeing many rival companies here, then it's a way of saying the Innoson brand should not be trusted because rather than quality service, the brand is just profit conscious.

PS: I honestly don't understand what is wrong with the thinking of most Nigerian companies. It's as if we are programmed to making the same mistakes time and time again. Innoson is clearly not ready. It is not by 'it is our own'. You have to provide those things Auto Josh mentioned to create aggressive awareness about the variety of products and also assure potential customers that there are more than enough parts of your vehicles out there. And rather than note his points, you're being defensive with some flimsy excuses. So typical of Nigerian brands. Later they'll say we don't like patronizing our own.

Concrete words my brother. Well said

4 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by ChiefSweetus: 11:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
EazyMoh:

I didn't say you never saw any, I myself have seen a lot, even on my street.
What we are arguing is the 30% you are comfortable quoting.
Let me give you an example, it means if I stand by the road side and count ten commercial vehicles then at least 3 of them will be innoson. Haba you too reason am now. The most likely scenario is that you will stand there for the whole day, you will be lucky to see just one!
You are mad!
You lucky say i no quote 80% for you. grin abeg lets move on from this contentious 30%, i never chop bro. cheesy
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by ChiefSweetus: 12:00am On Mar 02, 2017
Lordsocrates:

You said "ASK ANY BODY"... By the way I stay in Aks, all ATTC busses are Jinbee...
and then these this small mini busses that are trending now, cost 1.3mill, no single public transport here uses innoson... not even one..

I only see them, when I wake up early to see the trucks that dispose of our wastes
Oya take the NL world cup and just leave me aristotle fawehinmi of our time. Abeg i never bath since wednesday, allow me be great. cheesy
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by Walphem(m): 12:07am On Mar 02, 2017
The thread your responded to as been vague was absolutely more in depth than yours. He gave facts, while you argued on emotions. As RIM where are they today? Also where is NOKIA today? If you don't take the right steps at the right time, one will just be part of evolution.

Innosson can not thrive with its current business model.

5 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by myplaydiary: 12:12am On Mar 02, 2017
wristbangle:
U are getting it all wrong myplaydiary. What the guy mentioned earlier was the truth and learn how to imbibe constructive criticism instead of being too defensive. Your reaction speaks volume of the automobile brand readiness to other competitors in the market. I need to recall you about what sources gathered that most Innoson employees including the CEO use foreign brand vehicles which sends wrong signals to consumers.

Ofcours you will want to tell me he is entitled to use any automobile brands that suites him but hey! that doesn't speak well for his brand. You must have heard of how toyota management team sacked their employees who use competitor brands such as honda, mazda, etc. Why can't we emulate such? Charity truly begins at home.

Like you rightly stated Innocent Chukwuma is privy to drive any car of his choice, he must not always be seen riding in an innoson vehicle all the time. i don't know about toyota but other motor coys allow their worker ride cars of their choice, i can provide links to prove that. About criticism, the op in the first thread, did no researched he just simply re-echoed what have always been said here on nairaland about innoson without any proper research or findings.

he even compared an indeginious company barely 12 years that cant raise forex with multinationals and car manufacturers that have been making cars for over 100 years, what do you call that. Ordinarily looking at this thread and the previous ones, going through the comment will see another reason why the brand is not selling in Nigeria, i dint want to include that so as not to tribalize this thread, but hey the tribalist are here already.

1 Like

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by DaPuncline: 12:13am On Mar 02, 2017
AwiLand:
Because He is an IGBOMAN..... Anything that is not done by the Masters up North supported by their Slave down South is not welcomed.
Your case is pathetic.

1 Like

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by DaPuncline: 12:16am On Mar 02, 2017
Marotzke:
They want innoson motors to run, when it is still learning to crawl.
Imagine the nitwit expecting the company to have a marketing budget similar to that of ford Motors! If it dosent do that, it doesnt measure up to whatever imaginary standard he set for them.
Must you call him a nitwit for sharing his opinion ?

1 Like

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by hugoboss70(m): 12:27am On Mar 02, 2017
I took my time to carefully read both write ups and agree with certain points of both writers. I wish to point out some reasons why I tend to agree more with the rebuttal. In doing a major brand marketing and expansion of showrooms across the country the cost to innoson would run into billions of naira. Money which I don't think any indeginious manufacturer can afford to part with bearing in mind the risk involved in such a venture. Spending such huge amount of money could kill the biznes totally. Also imagine a scenerio where innoson actually borrows from a bank to do this all a foriegn manufacturer needs do to kill innoson would be to crash the price of there cars bearing in mind that they have access to cheaper electricity and government grants to protect there bizness. No one will buy a well marketed innoson suv for 8million when a Toyota suv could go for 7million. And with billions of naira spent on marketing and expanion innoson would definetly go under sooner or later. When dis happen the foreign manufacturer then steps in and buys over innoson. As much as we would all love to see innoson everywhere at once it makes more bizness sense to start small and gradually buy the hearts of the populace rather than involve in a popularity contest with a known maker. I believe he Is moving in the right direction in trying to get all levels of government and military to solely use his product then establish a fallback or backbone for his bizness before gradually entering the market. My personal opinion I may be wrong but it's just my own 2cents. Ps both ops mean well so I really don't see a need for bants being thrown or insults. NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT SOON

2 Likes

Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by myplaydiary: 12:57am On Mar 02, 2017
lexy2014:
some time ago AutoReportNG did a write up on gov obianos Toyota jeep.I was disappointed in his write up and asked him y he didn't rather showcase innosons products instead of toyota.he responded by saying that getting info from innoson about its products was a difficult task& he raised those issues in his write up today.I agree with him but am lost at d kind of responses u put up 2 his argument.in this age, innoson isnt active on d internet.it's a shame.being a new coy is even more teason to b active in d e-space.digital marketing is a great way 2 get ur msg out there except u aren't sure of urself.so when u say innoson and its employees "aren't paying attention" then how will it manufacture cars that will provide customers with a satisfying experience when it doesn't pay attention to whats happening in it's environment?

Again u say innoson isn't competing.this is strange cos if u aren't competing,then what are u doing?there is a market dominated by global brands.so u mean innoson isn't interested in getting a share of d market?

who says innoson is not active on social media the issue to be discussed is if he is doing enough on social media, and if it is established to a logical end that he is not doing enough, reason should be determined before judgement or castigation, non of which was established in the previous post.

Also is its only social media, that you interact with clients do you know for one if he has or uses other channels, do you know if he sends newsletters because i for one know he once had a partnership with a bank to promote and market the cars at subsidised rates, why didnt first OP give him credit for that.

Mr., is it only social media that you get information of what is happening in your enviroment, i dont want to believe you are trolling or just being sentimental.

Answer to your Questions:
Is the local bottle water made in your area competing with Eva water made by coca cola? but they sell? don't they?

Going by their current production capacity innoson is over strectched, so yes it is safe to say innoson is in high demand in Nigeria, by their own standards. Like i said at the moment innoson is in no competition with any "multinational" coy so why call toyota, when the time is right innoson will compete favorably.

Individuals are not necessarily the "references, customers and clients" i was referring too, infact i was not referring to individual at all, i cleary mentioned, Federal and state government also add Agencies, Parastatals, Corporate organizations, NGO's and Churches, if Innoson gets this right, like i said the sales becomes organic as trust and confidence will be establish in the car brand, and sales will come in via referral and word of mouth publicity.

Mr., That is for sincere and honest feedback, what you read on this thread by those who have never seen an innoson, but will still be the first to tell you that the tires will fall off or the car would burst into flames, are those honest feedbacks? or do you think these same people wont go and troll the innoson pages. See i was not being sentimental in my post and i was not trying to bash the op of the first thread i was simply trying to let him see through the lines but his ego let him take it personal.

If after reading my post and reading this comment and you still maintain thesame stand then you are not being sincere and i just wasted my time responding to you questions.
Re: RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) by myplaydiary: 1:01am On Mar 02, 2017
malaki39:

I'm sorry, it wasn't intentional. Do have a sound sleep please. Good night
Thanks i really do appreciate your sincerity, good night.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Innoson Vehicle Used By The Buhari's Administration (Photos) / This Is How To Crush A ₦49m Ferrari 360 Spider With A Bulldozer / What Is The Difference Between The Le,xle,se And S Versions Of Toyota Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.