Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard (6088 Views)

Most Purchased Cars This Christmas Season / Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? / Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by nams77: 10:15pm On Mar 02, 2017
PaperLace:

Nah, not counter-productive. Using luxury brands to debut new innovations might be one of the numerous reasons. It could also be a shot at market-segmentation _identify different classes of consumers and satisfy them.
Very very funny @ highlighted...e dey happen na.

The dashboard is cool, but not my 'preferred preference'.

You should make your topic, "(Why)Does Toyota invest more in its Lexus brand?". That way, impatient readers like the first 3 can get the subject of discuss without reading the OP grin.
I read in one management text that Toyota decided to give birth to Lexus because at the beginning of their car production, they were seen as makers of cheap, mass produced cars. Their coming out with Lexus is to break into the luxury market and compete with BMW and Mercedes Benz. They felt that making expensive and cheap models simultaneously under the Toyota badge will create conflict of interest and idea
Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by Dmanlex(m): 10:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
coolsegun2002:

You know wole shoyinka jokingly once said... if you want to hide an information from Nigerians...just put it writhing. It's clear you ddnt read the write up. Cos the statement you just made is right there in my write up.
Am talking about the topic of d thread not write up
Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
nurey:

Seems as if you are drifting your expensive Lexus SC to the kerb, you need to bring it back on the road. I am saying why the Lexus SC is not selling like hot cake in Nigeria, wetin concern me With FWD and RWD?

A Lexus SC is way expensive, 7 million, people who buy cars in that class don't even know what engine the car is parking, they don't care whether it's V1 or V20, they just want to buy that car that grumbles on road and is a Catchy rear gem.

THE LEXUS SC is not a Catchy rear gem to cars in that class, I will pick ford Mustang, Shelby GT, Chevrolet Camaro, Chrysler crossfire, Dodge charger, Dodge challenger, Benz SLK OR CLK, Chevrolet corvette, Mazda RX series, Mazda MX series, BMW 3 series couple, VW new Beetle coupe/convertible. My pen don finish

Brother no argue too much even the Solara is way popular than the SC go and do your research

Lol so its no longer the accord coupes, 406 coupe and Hyundai coupe S. Welldone sir. Nobody is talking about popularity here the car is not meant to be too popular it is not meant for everyone.. or how many sedans do u see on the road with V8 engine? This is not ur typical mass produced solara.

And just so u know its successor the Lexus LC 500 is a major contender for driver's car and most beautiful non super car of the year.

Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 03, 2017
nurey:

10years ago I dey do my own yahoo yahoo for digital space, snatched car, kill people and collect their money, do jobs for mafia boss, GTA style or simply join the US in protecting the world Ghost reacon style grin
Heyyyyyyy!
So, I am not the only one that is guilty of that in GTA? I done catch you!!!

nams77:

I read in one management text that Toyota decided to give birth to Lexus because at the beginning of their car production, they were seen as makers of cheap, mass produced cars. Their coming out with Lexus is to break into the luxury market and compete with BMW and Mercedes Benz. They felt that making expensive and cheap models simultaneously under the Toyota badge will create conflict of interest and idea
This is good to know, further buttresses my point.
I understand the whole concept of churning out the cars under a different name, thoughtful of them.

Thanks.
Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by nurey(m): 6:45am On Mar 03, 2017
greenhulk:

Lol so its no longer the accord coupes, 406 coupe and Hyundai coupe S. Welldone sir. Nobody is talking about popularity here the car is not meant to be too popular it is not meant for everyone.. or how many sedans do u see on the road with V8 engine? This is not ur typical mass produced solara.

And just so u know its successor the Lexus LC 500 is a major contender for driver's car and most beautiful non super car of the year.

YIMU grin

Call me when it trashes the Nissan 370Z or the Nissan GTR.
Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by ba7man(m): 6:56am On Mar 03, 2017
nurey:

I have not seen any car that isn't great, you have to know what sells a car isn't greatness, there are a lot of factors. The Lexus SC competition is too much not even from the Toyota, the best selling coupes are still from Benz the SLK and CLK, I saw one advert for this Lexus at 8million naira, why will I buy this Lexus when I can get MA self a CLK 55 AMG OR BMW Or even audi A4 convertible.

Also target market matters alot most married people using coupes have a second car they use (Nigeria context).

Besides wetin concern me With the Lexus, it's not even as fine as
1. Peugeot 406 coupe parafinna
2. Accord 2008 upwards coupe
3 Hyundai Tuscani/ coupe S
4. Benz CLK or SLK

See that the competition is killing don't let me get started with the American coupes
Those cars you mentioned aren't its competition, the Lexus's case is even worse.

Its rivals are the Mercedes SL, BMW 6 series, Jaguar XK, Porshe 911 etc.

They all made it look second rate.

1 Like

Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by nurey(m): 8:15am On Mar 03, 2017
ba7man:
Those cars you mentioned aren't its competition, the Lexus's case is even worse.

Its rivals are the Mercedes SL, BMW 6 series, Jaguar XK, Porshe 911 etc.

They all made it look second rate.

Yeah, but you stretched it too far Bros. The most respected Lexus/toyota sports car for now (after the celica and supra) is the Lexus LFA.

@OP, IF you looking for something different and has a Toyota back up, look at the SCION TC.
Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by ba7man(m): 8:21am On Mar 03, 2017
nurey:

Yeah, but you stretched it too far Bros. The most respected Lexus/toyota sports car for now (after the celica and supra) is the Lexus LFA.

@OP, IF you looking for something different and has a Toyota back up, look at the SCION TC.
Its price range put it more with the category I listed above.

I have tons of Topgear mags and I watched all episodes.......they always list the above as its rivals.

Audi TT, BMW Z4, Chrysler crossfire are more of the Benz SLK's rivals, never this lex.
Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by nurey(m): 8:40am On Mar 03, 2017
ba7man:
Its price range put it more with the category I listed above.

I have tons of Topgear mags and I watched all episodes.......they always list the above as its rivals.

Audi TT, BMW Z4, Chrysler crossfire are more of the Benz SLK's rivals, never this lex.

I am not saying you ain't right, grin, am saying you ain't fair to the Lexus SC. That's why I said you stretching the competition too much hehehegrin
Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by ba7man(m): 10:21am On Mar 03, 2017
nurey:

I am not saying you ain't right, grin, am saying you ain't fair to the Lexus SC. That's why I said you stretching the competition too much hehehegrin
You love the Lexus. cheesy......No wonder you're defending it.

It would have been my first choice too if not for the Merc SL.
Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by simiolu1(m): 11:10am On Mar 03, 2017
PaperLace:
@OP, it's kind of normal for them to design Lexus better, considering the fact that Lexus is their luxury brand.
I think the idea behind luxury brands was for manufacturers to develop and debut their technologies, then introduce them to mainstream cars when such feature is cheaper to 'mass produce'.

The problem with this strategy is that, some other competitive brands might offer same design and features that Lexus is hoarding, in their everyday non-luxury car. When other non-luxury cars offer such features, Toyota has no choice than to move on to something else.

I like the seat, looks very comfy. The dashboard doesn't appeal to me, I love dashboards that shoot out. grin
I love the car's ukwu, looks like a modification of one Chrysler that trended way back.

Like this abi grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by dee02(m): 12:46pm On Mar 03, 2017
Toyota, Lexus, same.... Case closed!
Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 04, 2017
whether Toyota designed it or not,its still a Lexus,thats all.....let the argument continue.
Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by billy187(m): 6:23pm On Mar 04, 2017
Funny thing....its this very Lexus that BBC's top gear dubbed the "worst car in the history of the world."
Re: I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard by mejai(m): 7:52pm On Mar 04, 2017
billy187:
Funny thing....its this very Lexus that BBC's top gear dubbed the "worst car in the history of the world."
u just stole my post grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Almost "Stole" A Car / Pictures Of Rims / Hybrid-electric Vehicles: Ask Mymotong (prius, Honda Insight, Camry Hybrid...)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.