Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,548 members, 7,809,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

I Love My Dogs! - Pets (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Love My Dogs! (55216 Views)

Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs / Pls Suggest The Type Of Local Food I Can Give To My Dogs. / High Blood Content In My Dogs Urine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
countsparrow:

Hello, after mating ur dog, do u restrict their movement immediately after mating or u leave them free for some weeks before restricting.

Secondly, my Caucasian is approximately 9months now, good height but quite narrow, I want to believe she will fill out with time, or?

hi! I restricted movement through out her first pregnancy from day of mating till last days of whelping. For the second, I let her free only during the last days before whelping. This third time, I threw caution to the wind. She has been practically free all through. I am not recommending it but It's because I cannot help it. Becasue of the rains, I cannot chain her outside where I usually do.

I have a narrow caucasian too that does not love to eat. He is a year plus. I am sure with the right diet, your dog will fill out.Meanwhile you have to consider the genes as well.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by countsparrow: 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
jayned:

hi! I restricted movement thought out her first pregnancy from day of mating till last days of whelping. For the second, I let her free only during the last days before whelping. This third time, I threw caution to the wind. She has been practically free all through. I am not recommending it but It's because I cannot help it. Becasue of the rains, I cannot chain her outside where I usually do.

I have a narrow caucasian too that does not love to eat. He is a year plus. I am sure with the right diet, your dog will fill out.Meanwhile you have to consider the genes as well.

My Rottweiler was narrow initially, but exercise and good diet made her quite massive... I have rarely come across a female bigger than she is... Intact, she competes with males for size...

I am going to have to restrict my rottweiler now, I always feel for her restrained, but I feel that's d way to go now since she didn't get pregnant when I mated her d first time...

Lastly my Caucasian eats a lot though, and not as hairy as urs, I am jealous cry
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Floryangel8: 6:05am On Jun 12, 2018
Morning ma'am, read your post from 0-8. It has really help me. I got two females Caucasian in Jos. But really most people I asked what to feed them kept telling me they have their own formula. The dog are 7 weeks now. I will collect them next week. Please help a sister, won't mind to call or visit for a small enlightenment. Thanks.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 8:51pm On Jun 12, 2018
countsparrow:

My Rottweiler was narrow initially, but exercise and good diet made her quite massive... I have rarely come across a female bigger than she is... Intact, she competes with males for size...

I am going to have to restrict my rottweiler now, I always feel for her restrained, but I feel that's d way to go now since she didn't get pregnant when I mated her d first time...

Lastly my Caucasian eats a lot though, and not as hairy as urs, I am jealous cry

Please try and restrain her. Lolll. don't be jealous at least your caucasian eats alot.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 8:52pm On Jun 12, 2018
Floryangel8:
Morning ma'am, read your post from 0-8. It has really help me. I got two females Caucasian in Jos. But really most people I asked what to feed them kept telling me they have their own formula. The dog are 7 weeks now. I will collect them next week. Please help a sister, won't mind to call or visit for a small enlightenment. Thanks.

thanks for reading. Well I am always available if u need help. meanwhile, It will be wise if u feed them what the seller currently feeds them before switching gradually.

All the best. don't be a stranger!!!
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
well, it's day 56 today and Ira has not been this hyper active before all here life. She stretches at every given opportunity, She figured a way of opening her cage so she is always chasing all and sundry. Please don't do as I do RESTRAIN your pregnant dog's.

Well I feed her moringa now (dried and pounded). I mix with raw egg in form of a smoothie. It looks and smells disgusting but she likes it thankfully. I know I have talked against feeding eggs to pregnant dog's. well, I wanna experiment... and I learnt from google that protein in moderation is actually good for them .

The milk is finally here and her boobs are enlarged as well. Her baby bump is not so significant though.

She has also started nesting (digging all over) and panting alot.

We will do her grooming tmr and upload pictures as well.

Who says you cannot teach and old dog new tricks? Well, Ira now obeys sit command and even lie down command. Her reward is I always palpate her tummy.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Floryangel8: 4:09am On Jun 13, 2018
Thanks ma'am, will get to you.

uote author=jayned post=68423612]

thanks for reading. Well I am always available if u need help. meanwhile, It will be wise if u feed them what the seller currently feeds them before switching gradually.

All the best. don't be a stranger!!![/quote]
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Hardeybohwarley(m): 10:04am On Jun 14, 2018
jayned:
well, it's day 56 today and Ira has not been this hyper active before all here life. She stretches at every given opportunity, She figured a way of opening her cage so she is always chasing all and sundry. Please don't do as I do RESTRAIN your pregnant dog's.

Well I feed her moringa now (dried and pounded). I mix with raw egg in form of a smoothie. It looks and smells disgusting but she likes it thankfully. I know I have talked against feeding eggs to pregnant dog's. well, I wanna experiment... and I learnt from google that protein in moderation is actually good for them .

The milk is finally here and her boobs are enlarged as well. Her baby bump is not so significant though.

She has also started nesting (digging all over) and panting alot.

We will do her grooming tmr and upload pictures as well.

Who says you cannot teach and old dog new tricks? Well, Ira now obeys sit command and even lie down command. Her reward is I always palpate her tummy.

Would love to get one too. Thanks for taking care of your dog. You made breeding/Pet(Ing) a sweet thing to do. We are waiting for pictures ooo
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 8:43pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hardeybohwarley:

Would love to get one too. Thanks for taking care of your dog. You made breeding/Pet(Ing) a sweet thing to do. We are waiting for pictures ooo

Thanks a lot for reading. Well I didn't know someone was following so I was not too quick to post the pictures.

Notice the little bulge in her tummy? (probably not) The picture did not really capture it and I don't know why.

Well her tits are significantly grown now. We cut the hair around them( it's harder than it sounds). Do u see the tits hanging in the second picture?

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 8:48pm On Jun 15, 2018
it's day 60 today and there is no sign of whelping any soon. Ira is still very hyper like she is on some drugs.

Her vulva is kindof swollen though. Her appetite is OK.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by faithesco(f): 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2018
jayned:
it's day 60 today and there is no sign of whelping any soon. Ira is still very hyper like she is on some drugs.

Her vulva is kindof swollen though. Her appetite is OK.
ira���,I wish you safe delivery darling!!and I pray there won't be any still born,all babies will come out healthy!!!!!From your biggest fan

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Hardeybohwarley(m): 12:41am On Jun 16, 2018
jayned:

Thanks a lot for reading. Well I didn't know someone was following so I was not too quick to post the pictures.

Notice the little bulge in her tummy? (probably not) The picture did not really capture it and I don't know why.

Well her tits are significantly grown now. We cut the hair around them( it's harder than it sounds). Do u see the tits hanging in the second picture?
Been following from day 1. I can see the tits. Wishing her safe delivery, please update us cause we can't just wait to find out.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by HARDDON: 3:33am On Jun 16, 2018
Down to earth. Adventorous. Sensitive to slight changes in pet. large heart and consistent!

Kudos J!

Just resumed Breeding Again because I got some time to care a lil now.

Below is Sheila. She just turned 4 months on Tuesday.

1St & 2nd pix @ 3 months

3 pix @ 2 months

Last pix on towel @ 1 month 2 weeks

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by HARDDON: 3:36am On Jun 16, 2018
Now you've inspired me to Create a thread : Chronicles of Sheila! wink
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 7:19am On Jun 16, 2018
faithesco:
ira���,I wish you safe delivery darling!!and I pray there won't be any still born,all babies will come out healthy!!!!!From your biggest fan

We all are blushing here. Thank you so much. Amen and Amen
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 7:23am On Jun 16, 2018
HARDDON:
Down to earth. Adventorous. Sensitive to slight changes in pet. large heart and consistent!

Kudos J!

Just resumed Breeding Again because I got some time to care a lil now.

Below is Sheila. She just turned 4 months on Tuesday.

1St & 2nd pix @ 3 months

3 pix @ 2 months

Last pix on towel @ 1 month 2 weeks

Sheila is a beauty! See those ears. GSD come dey hungry me. I am glad you are inspired.

I see you more than 'care a lil'. Seeing sheila covered with a towel on a table means caring alot. Way to go bro!

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 7:25am On Jun 16, 2018
Hardeybohwarley:

Been following from day 1. I can see the tits. Wishing her safe delivery, please update us cause we can't just wait to find out.

Nice to know u are an ardent follower. I will definitely update by God's grace. Thank you for the wishes.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by nonye6194: 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
we've had dogs as pets for almost two decades now but never documented anything on them. Your diary is an interesting read for any pet lover or stranger. Zeus na my guy lol

wishing Ira luck with the delivery.

Regards to Isis
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Hardeybohwarley(m): 6:15am On Jun 18, 2018
nonye6194:
we've had dogs as pets for almost two decades now but never documented anything on them. Your diary is an interesting read for any pet lover or stranger. Zeus na my guy lol

Regards to Isis
I tire for Isis oo, why he no give Zeus hin own portion.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 11:56am On Jun 18, 2018
nonye6194:

Regards to Isis

Thank you so much for following and commenting and for the wishes. We really need them as Ira is not showing any signs even on day 63.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
speaking of Zeus and Isis. Isis has been the one keeping watch for some time now. this is because anytime we let Zeus loose at night we see him with inflamed, red eyes the next morning. We initially thought it was snake venom but when it happened more than twice, we concluded he must be allergic to something.

Isis is very funny though when we started leaving her out at night, she would run to her cage and complain as if saying ' you all should come and lock me in ooo, as I don't feel safe outside' and I will be like 'see this dog oo. it's as if you don't know your primary assignment'. Anyway, she is getting a hang of it now she does not complain much neither do I hear her patrolling round the compound unlike Zeus. When ever he was let loose, we sure will not have a good night rest cos he barks and runs around for africa.

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 10:18pm On Jun 19, 2018
it's day 64 today and my people, fear dey catch me ooo as I can't see any sign except that Ira's boobs are enlarged. infact the small baby bump I used to see is no longer there. She is still agile and about her business like we are not expecting anything.

Infact her appetite has resumed sef. could this have been a phantom pregnancy? ( I hope not).

She still loves attention though. she even harasses me to rub her tummy. Initially, I would be the one to tell her to sit then lie down (remember I told u she learnt these commands some days ago) but now, the moment she sees me, she would then sit and use one of her front legs to touch me after which she would lie down and start growling and snarling if I don't get to work immediately ( well I try to tell her who is boss even though this new attitude scares me).

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Floryangel8: 6:15am On Jun 22, 2018
Morning ma'am, please at what age do you introduce solid food to puppies. Thanks.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 6:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
Floryangel8:
Morning ma'am, please at what age do you introduce solid food to puppies. Thanks.

I don't know what solid food really means but at 8 weeks, I feed them soaked and mashed Kibbles with eggs.

Meanwhile, the picture of the dog poo u posted is an eyesore maybe if you had posted the pictures of your puppies as well, you would have had a response by now.

In my opinion, the poo is like that probably because you changed their diet.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 7:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
it's day 69 today and nothing has happened. I contacted the guy whose stud we mated with and he said to wait till day 74. So I spent most of the whole day on google today and I learnt some dogs actually stay even longer than 74 days. I also learnt that some carry the pups within the rib cage so their tummy does not enlarge.

armed with this info, it's not strange that when I went out, I noticed Ira was large around the rib cage (hahaha). Meanwhile, I palpate her tummy at any given opportunity and I never feel anything only her regular muscle movements. Well, today, I did feel a movement just like a human heart beat but only on the left side of her tummy.

I also noticed she pees a lot more cos her room is always wet these past days. As for nesting, she does scratch the ground but so does Zeus, he even digs bigger holes and I am sure he is not pregnant. she sheds a lot and so does Zeus so I am not using these 2 parameters to judge.

Her appetite is top notch so is energy level. I stopped feeding her eggs though cos I really don't want the puppies growing larger now that they don't wanna come out. So I use meat stock to encourage her eat her moringa.

No vaginal discharge and for the milk, I have to press the nipples a little bit harder. (very risky though cos she can bite me).

I also learnt that scanning is usually not effective especially if the puppies are within the rib cage.

For now, I scrub and mop her room everyday cos there is always pee and I spread a cloth incase the puppies if there are any decide to come out. I am not too worried sha but I really wish and pray there are puppies in there.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by gaby(m): 9:11am On Jun 26, 2018
Wow jayned...lovely lovely thread...I'm one who enjoys reading but never expected to be hooked on a canine diary even though I'm a doggy lover myself. Learnt so much from your diary.

I love to read great pieces and also try to learn to write readable stuffs too, but heck sis I must give it to you. Your descriptive and story telling prowess is super and captivating.

Read your thread from a to z this morning with no regrets. Kudos and nice job with the pawed ones..

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2018
gaby:
Wow jayned...lovely lovely thread...I'm one who enjoys reading but never expected to be hooked on a canine diary even though I'm a doggy lover myself. Learnt so much from your diary.

I love to read great pieces and also try to learn to write readable stuffs too, but heck sis I must give it to you. Your descriptive and story telling prowess is super and captivating.

Read your thread from a to z this morning with no regrets. Kudos and nice job with the pawed ones..

I am grinning from ear to ear. Thanks for reading and commenting Sis!
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Floryangel8: 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2018
Yeah, got them newly, was told they were fed with diamond puppy. But the puppies did not eat it so well. The purging has stopped. Thanks. Attached is the pics.

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
Floryangel8:
Yeah, got them newly, was told they were fed with diamond puppy. But the puppies did not eat it so well. The purging has stopped. Thanks. Attached is the pics.

They are really lovely! About their lack of eating, they may be suffering from separation anxiety. same thing happened to my Isis when her siblings left. She didn't eat well for over 2 weeks. Try adding eggs to the diamond, deworm them at the due time and feed them in the same plate to incite competition.

Don't worry. U will get a hang of it. All the best
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Eveezy(m): 7:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
jayned:
it's day 69 today and nothing has happened. I contacted the guy whose stud we mated with and he said to wait till day 74. So I spent most of the whole day on google today and I learnt some dogs actually stay even longer than 74 days. I also learnt that some carry the pups within the rib cage so their tummy does not enlarge.

armed with this info, it's not strange that when I went out, I noticed Ira was large around the rib cage (hahaha). Meanwhile, I palpate her tummy at any given opportunity and I never feel anything only her regular muscle movements. Well, today, I did feel a movement just like a human heart beat but only on the left side of her tummy.

I also noticed she pees a lot more cos her room is always wet these past days. As for nesting, she does scratch the ground but so does Zeus, he even digs bigger holes and I am sure he is not pregnant. she sheds a lot and so does Zeus so I am not using these 2 parameters to judge.

Her appetite is top notch so is energy level. I stopped feeding her eggs though cos I really don't want the puppies growing larger now that they don't wanna come out. So I use meat stock to encourage her eat her moringa.

No vaginal discharge and for the milk, I have to press the nipples a little bit harder. (very risky though cos she can bite me).

I also learnt that scanning is usually not effective especially if the puppies are within the rib cage.

For now, I scrub and mop her room everyday cos there is always pee and I spread a cloth incase the puppies if there are any decide to come out. I am not too worried sha but I really wish and pray there are puppies in there.
I would advice u do not set expectations any more, she may or may not litter again, so tho u should be hopeful, also put in mind DT she might nt.

Should be more like, hoping for the best but expecting the worse
Re: I Love My Dogs! by gman55(m): 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2018
Even in my busy schedule I take time out, to check if the good news of Ira safe delivery have been broadcasted.

Thanks for your time and care you devote helping other dog owners.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by 14teenK: 8:31pm On Jun 27, 2018
@ jayned when did you exactly start your 70 days count,is it immediately after the mating is concluded?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) / 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) / A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.