Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Why Do People Tell Lies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Tell Lies? (1450 Views)

Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / Shocking! Recorded Voice Tape of TB Joshua Bribing Journalists To tell Lies! / Why Do People Tell Lies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Tell Lies? by Hebzi: 3:04am On Jan 19, 2007
why do people tell lies so easily and feel comfortable
without seeing anything wrong with it?I don't think God
is pleased with the frequency with which our lips give birth to lies.

what makes you tell a lie so comfortably?
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by shahan(f): 3:08am On Jan 19, 2007
Have you ever told a lie? What makes you tell one so comfortably? smiley
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Hebzi: 3:16am On Jan 19, 2007
just saw your question.my post was not to make you think i am a puritan.

i guess when i used to lie,i did so out of fear so that some wrong doing
is not dicovered or punished somehow.i guess this is just one of the few
resons why many people lie.
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by shahan(f): 3:29am On Jan 19, 2007
That may well be one of the few reasons.

In my dark days, I lied out of fear, frustration, fun, . . .or plain fury!

Never knew it was so easy to live a transparently honest life before God and man - but thank God for His saving grace in the Lord Jesus Christ. cheesy
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by trinigirl1(f): 4:51am On Jan 19, 2007
Hebzi:

why do people tell lies so easily and feel comfortable
without seeing anything wrong with it?I don't think God
is pleased with the frequency with which our lips give birth to lies.

what makes you tell a lie so comfortably?

Hebzi,

was your post meant to sound so accusatory and presumptuous? Because it sounds like you assume that everyone here lies but u don't.

what's your point? u doing a survey or u lookin for self help?
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by feelgood(m): 10:41am On Jan 19, 2007
I lied out of fear, truancy, when I needed something badly, to impress, and for varied other reasons.
However, I have since learn't that lying is not good business because time is when one will tell one lie too many.
But then, as shahan said, it takes the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ to live a decent, transparent and honest lifestyle.
I remain grateful to God for the blood of the lamb that washed me who was once a vain and vile offender.

@trini girl,
why do you take delight in reading meanings to simple and straight posts? And it does appear that you get offended
easily, in which case you proceed to 'rain' abuses and go for such a person's jugular. As we say in Nigeria, your stance appears
to be 'if you tarka me, I will daboh you' (Matt 5:46-48; 1Peter 3:10-12 is quite instructive for us christians) sad sad
I no doubt realise, that this could raise your ire and earn me your now 'famous' counters. But then,

(1) (Reply)

Tb Joshua On Time Magazine On Malawi Prophecy / The Gospel Of Jesus Wife Papyrus Debunked / Theists And Atheists, Please Stop The Insults!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.