Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? (2655 Views)

My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel / At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by hopey8088(m): 10:47pm On Mar 02, 2017
Guys pls, I'm 25 and I'm planning to leave my father's house and town to a close by town to hustle for myself as I feel staying there is making me lazy. Also there are a lot of quarells between me and my dad that I just don't like. Everytime I raise the issue of leaving, my mum is always against it but I'm seriously considering it. Pls is it right to do that.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by SafeDavid(m): 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
Please do, just make sure your pursuits are noble and your chance of succeeding is high.
Your mom will always kick against it since you're never too old to be her child.

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 02, 2017
The moment u noticed u have q joystick grin
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by stealthtiger(m): 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nowadays it immediately after higher institution.

Guys want to get away from the rules bounded on them in their parents house. As guys grow older parents get scared that their authority, ability to influence their sons decisions is waning , so they become over reactive just to emphasize their authority over their son.
And guys want that latitude to be able to make their own decisions but it almost impossible to do that without been reminded you're still in your father's house.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by cappyLEE200(m): 11:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
when a man decides to be responsible...hurray!!! itz my birthday, embarrass me with likes joor

12 Likes

Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by acenazt: 11:25pm On Mar 02, 2017
When He Is 35 years, so keep chillin. dnt waste time,

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by MummyIMadeIt: 11:58pm On Mar 02, 2017
sharperly, my guy leave oo as long u have the means, or frnds to squat with... grin

But i will always advice not for you to join Bad gang oo!!, it wont last nor take you to your dreamland....

wink i go soon join you move out slf...

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by zeb04(f): 1:47am On Mar 03, 2017
I think 25 is ideal although I left at 21

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by moonraker(m): 4:06am On Mar 03, 2017
left at 17, true story.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by timilehing(m): 6:18am On Mar 03, 2017
Once you leave, no coming back. God bless your hustle

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by Opistorincos(m): 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2017
@op thanks for bringing this up, was just about to ask
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by prela(f): 5:08pm On Mar 03, 2017
NL guys, where una dey. For those still waiting for mummy to cook and serve food, this is a wake up call
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by hopey8088(m): 9:06pm On Mar 03, 2017
MummyIMadeIt:
sharperly, my guy leave oo as long u have the means, or frnds to squat with... grin

But i will always advice not for you to join Bad gang oo!!, it wont last nor take you to your dreamland....

wink i go soon join you move out slf...

Thanks, I have no intent of joining a bad gang, I want to stay alone, I have no friend or family where I'm going, I'm just fed up and I need some space and moreso, I need to take up some responsibility also.
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by hopey8088(m): 9:10pm On Mar 03, 2017
timilehing:
Once you leave, no coming back. God bless your hustle

Thanks bro!
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
prela:
NL guys, where una dey. For those still waiting for mummy to cook and serve food, this is a wake up call
grin
prela:
nairaland gals, I think would solve the problem for us nah.
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by helinues: 2:44pm On Mar 04, 2017
Try and be sure before you make the move.. The moment you left the house, do not expect anything from them.
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by hopey8088(m): 6:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
helinues:
Try and be sure before you make the move.. The moment you left the house, do not expect anything from them.

Thanks
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by Gpopsicle(m): 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2017
my dear op, be sure you have something sustainable because the moment you leave that house, you are more or less living on your own without the interference of your parents be it financial wise or there about.. think it through, weigh your pros and cons...thanks
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by dungas30(m): 6:15am On Mar 05, 2017
DONT BECOME THE PRODIGAL SONG. DO NOT USE FREEDOM TO LIMIT UR LIFE CIRCLE STILL SEARCH UR MOTIVE
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by MVLOX(m): 7:52am On Mar 05, 2017
Well it depends oooo... For me I plan on leaving dis year at age 30.... I have stayed around all dis while cuz we just live with our dad and mom is late... Plus I had to take care of younger ones.... But I will have to leave dis year despite the fact that dad will just be alone with our 8 years old stepbrother..... I nid to start my own family
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by hopey8088(m): 8:13am On Mar 05, 2017
Gpopsicle:
my dear op, be sure you have something sustainable because the moment you leave that house, you are more or less living on your own without the interference of your parents be it financial wise or there about.. think it through, weigh your pros and cons...thanks

Alright, thanks, I will do that.
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by Gpopsicle(m): 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
hopey8088:

you are welcome brother
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by mrjojo: 1:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
Left last year at 24,didn't leave exactly, finished service and stayed back. Before moving out make sure you have a source of income, and have this at the back of your mind, you will be completely on your own. It wouldn't be easy at first, but you will get use to it. I use to hate thinking of what to eat cos at home, I just come back and meet food grin

And staying by yourself makes you work harder, when you know if you don't hustle hard no food for you. Good luck and don't abuse the excessive freedom that comes with it.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by khiaa(f): 9:53am On Jun 08, 2017
hopey8088:

What's up?
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by yvesboss(m): 12:39pm On Jun 08, 2017
The age you know you can feed yourself
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by hopey8088(m): 7:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
khiaa:

What's up?
I wanna talk to you in private pls,
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by khiaa(f): 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
hopey8088:

I wanna talk to you in private pls,

About what?

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by addictiv(m): 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2017
op i know how you feel, my only advice is you ensure you have a strong financial backing before you do. in my case i will be 26 by oct, graduated, ran some buiz on the side and all that...wanted to leave home for the very same reasons you want to leave but dad wouldn't support my move even after i have finalized deals to rent a 2 bedroom apartment. It made him so worried that he gave me a car and promised to be fuelling it if i stayed but i get no car and loose his support if i move (cheap blackmail if you ask me)..my mum saw my move as a welcome development expected of a first son but since my dad wasn't in support she encouraged me to stay back and i did, used the opportunity to start a masters and pursue other goals. That fact is i cant stay with my parents for ever. I am looking to settling down soon and its definitely not going to be in my father's house. i believe staying alone could help you become more productive and less distracted. But your reasons for moving should be the right ones and not basically because you want to be free of parental guidance. if you are convinced that moving is your next step, you can have a chat with your mum. Understand why she doesn't want you to move and put her fears to rest. its important you get the support and blessings of both parents, it lays a good foundation for others behind you....
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by bukatyne(f): 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
hopey8088:
Guys pls, I'm 25 and I'm planning to leave my father's house and town to a close by town to hustle for myself as I feel staying there is making me lazy. Also there are a lot of quarells between me and my dad that I just don't like. Everytime I raise the issue of leaving, my mum is always against it but I'm seriously considering it. Pls is it right to do that.

@OP:

I don't know how it works in other places but in my side, you get a job (around 24/25) and you move out if your work is far to your home/ you are ready to get married.

The first thing is to ensure you have an income (job/business/hustle) which can sustain you and your short term goals.... why should I move out of my parents' home if I can use the rent & sustainance money to do my masters/ expand my business/ invest etc.

However, if your home is a war zone or you are staying with relatives, you can think of moving out fast.

@Respect: How you carry yourself determines the respect you get and moving out doesn't mean they will respect you; we still have mama's boys who are married.

You also need to be responsible; you obviously can't be sneaking in by 1am everyday when you are with your parents or change romantic partners like underwears. If you are earning, you must also be responsible for something (s) in the home to ease the burden on your parents so you are not a freeloader.

Finally, watch 'Pray for me' by Darey.... you need your parents' prayers and blessings to succeed.

It is not how hard, it is how well.

Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by hopey8088(m): 9:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
khiaa:

About what?
can it be private pls?
Re: At What Age Is It Right For A Man To Leave His Father's House? by hopey8088(m): 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
khiaa:

About what?

can it be private pls? just need guidance and help on something. I just wanna ask few questions.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Best Way To Handle This Situation Before I Make Mistake. / Nairaland Top 10 Threads Of The Decade!! / Why Are Some Parents Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.