Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,200 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos (39540 Views)

Policemen Beat Soldier For Refusing To Wear Face-Mask In Benin / Man Who Defied Lockdown Order Slaps Soldier For Punishing Him (Video) / Pregnant Woman And Her Sister Gang Raped By Soldier At Mami Barracks. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by TheArticleNG(m): 8:26am On Mar 03, 2017
A Lagbus driver, Idowu Kolawole, who was accused of putting the lives of his passengers and road users at risk with his rough driving by a soldier, was allegedly flogged mercilessly by the soldier.

According to eyewitnesses of the incident which happened in Marina, Lagos, the wrong driver was flogged, as they disclosed that the soldier snatched a cane from some motor unionists in the area, which he used in flogging the driver.

When begged by the passengers, he allegedly replied “Are the people in that Danfo bus not human beings?” The eyewitnesses further disclosed that the commercial bus driver, who had stopped illegally to pick passengers, moved suddenly, forcing the BRT bus coming behind him to swerve sharply to avoid hitting the bus and other vehicles.

The soldier then ordered the Danfo driver to chase the Lagbus bus vehicle, and block it on top of the bridge on the Marina. When begged by the passengers to stop beating the poor driver, he allegedly replied “Are the people in that Danfo bus not human beings?”

“It was the Danfo driver that was at fault. If the BRT driver had not swerved, he would have hit the bus and some of the passengers would have been injured. He did what he could to avert trouble yet he was punished" a passenger said. When interviewed by the nation, the poor driver said;

“The man just used his power on me. If he had been inside the Lagbus vehicle and witnessed what the Danfo driver did, he would have jumped down to beat the driver.

“The driver did not watch the road before he moved so I was forced to swerve to avoid hitting the car on the fast lane on my left. Because of him, the soldier beat me and even used his boot to kick my side. Unfortunately, I did not see his (the soldier’s) name well enough to identify him."

http://www.thearticle.com.ng/2017/03/lagbus-driver-flogged-mercilessly-by.html

1 Share

Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by pyyxxaro: 8:28am On Mar 03, 2017
That soldier should be posted to Borno state immediately

33 Likes

Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by SexyNairalander: 8:38am On Mar 03, 2017
booked
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by Jabioro: 8:41am On Mar 03, 2017
Eyah. sorry. Mr driver, you just been unlucky..
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by koolet: 8:42am On Mar 03, 2017
Soja no dey hear word oo

4 Likes

Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by koolet: 8:43am On Mar 03, 2017
Like peak milik it's in them... lipsrsealed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 03, 2017
Oya bring video....call names......give compensation..... Send him to prison...

Wash!!!!!!! There is a reason its called a force!
Fear is part of the job. Who will take a smiling soldier seriously. Especially these spoilt children of nowadays!!.
Nothing go do am...as nothing do the other colleagues....oops!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:13am On Mar 03, 2017
I tire for Niger soldiers

1 Like

Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 03, 2017
hg
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 03, 2017
Wey the person them flog?
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by Thisis2raw(m): 10:27am On Mar 03, 2017
This is one of the reason America and the rest of them refuse to sell us weapons because of this kind of behaviors

5 Likes

Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by veekid(m): 10:27am On Mar 03, 2017

soldier, I fear soldier pass my papa, soldier go beat you finish like this, only you go dey ask if God dey
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by Dayoto: 10:28am On Mar 03, 2017
Video/picture of the soldier beating him or you are a lier
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by Juell(m): 10:29am On Mar 03, 2017
I keep wondering if the uniform makes them superhuman. A lone soldier, unarmed for that matter. Until civilians start fighting back dis rubbish wont stop.

3 Likes

Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by DozieInc(m): 10:30am On Mar 03, 2017
What stupid logic. The soldier is likely brainless.
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by purissimo1998(m): 10:30am On Mar 03, 2017
purissimo says "ok"
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by Vanpersie200(m): 10:30am On Mar 03, 2017
na waooo
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by troubleshooter: 10:30am On Mar 03, 2017
U don't need to be there, if you drive on Lagos roads, you know that the yellow Danfo and Vanagon bases are the velociraptors of Lagos roads. They either don't have side mirrors or ignore them when pulling out of the shoulder into the road spine.
They rudely expect you to hit your brakes or swerve and kill someone else.
That soldier just perpetrated a miscarriage of justice simply because he was observing the view from a wrong lenses.

4 Likes

Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by FILEBE(m): 10:32am On Mar 03, 2017
in a Sane country, Military soldiers are not something you see on the road everyday.

I remember those days when we will argue who is stronger between Army and Soldier. We hardly see them on streets and when we do... it is always like a privilege with their "action" dressing, hence making us wish we will one day grow up to be one

1 Like

Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by sureteeboy(m): 10:32am On Mar 03, 2017
The article is not even comprehensive. How did "the danfo driver" come into the equation in the first instance when danfo has never been used in the writeup before this?
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by DollarAngel(m): 10:33am On Mar 03, 2017
Is their work.........Soft Cane
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 03, 2017
Since when did enforcing traffic law become the duty of the military and also when did we include "cainning" as punishment for traffic violation.

So many things are wrong in my dear country, from the bus driver that violates traffic laws that are meant to safe his life and that of other road users, to traffic marshal that are meant to enforce traffic laws up to the law makers that made those laws without empowering law officers with the required tools to do their jobs effectively.

Every single area of our national life is in a disgraceful state.

3 Likes

Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by sinistermind(m): 10:36am On Mar 03, 2017
Thugs/touts in Uniforms.
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by Tushborn: 10:37am On Mar 03, 2017
u people jst read d headlined insulting d soldier u dnt kno dat d driver was d culprit. rushing to comments. SMH
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by PqsMike: 10:37am On Mar 03, 2017
Really....well....that's bad now. They aren't road safety officials.

Meanwhile,

Are u planning to build a house Check my profile , you'll be amazed at what you'll see. grin grin
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 03, 2017

Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by Kennyodinye(m): 10:37am On Mar 03, 2017
Atleast It Was Deserved
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by Larrykaysail(m): 10:40am On Mar 03, 2017
koolet:
Soja no dey hear word oo
until the driver kill someone ?

1 Like

Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by daudu23: 10:40am On Mar 03, 2017
Re: Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos by ibnquasale(m): 10:40am On Mar 03, 2017
If you are a regular road user in Lagos, then you will definitely know what those 'stewpid' lagbus drivers are capable of doing.

I am not in anyway supporting the attitude of the soldiers, but those lagbus drivers can be very mean. I can't wait for government to send them packing...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of The Men Who Killed An Uber Driver In Lagos / Lady Rescued From Jumping Off CMS Bridge, Lagos In Suicide Attempt (Video) / Illegal Oil Well In A Lagos Church Discovered By The Nigerian Army And NSCDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.