Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out (25369 Views)

Nigerians Spent ₦4.6 Trillion Eating Out In 2019 / 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out In Lagos !!! / 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 03, 2017
Shamstiel:
Some of us are bachelors who leave for work early, what will you prescribe for us?
changed
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by YourWife(f): 10:00am On Mar 03, 2017
snowblaq:
...says who?.....either of them is correct
shes correct. U eat toast bread (a bread that was toasted)
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Crowny11(f): 10:01am On Mar 03, 2017
Shamstiel:
Some of us are bachelors who leave for work early, what will you prescribe for us?

cook your meals
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Shamstiel: 10:03am On Mar 03, 2017
HateU2:
changed

changed? I don't understand

Crowny11:

cook your meals

I don't cook
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by YourWife(f): 10:04am On Mar 03, 2017
rawpadgin:
one wise man spotted

with 200naira i don eat belle full for mama Emma buka

can't even remember the last time i put on my gas
the day i will manage to cook u will see u urchins popping out from every corner with plates & spoon

u will need 2500 to prepare a decent pot of soup & the soup won't even last up-to 3days
If u have parasites around, its better u buy food outside. But if u stay alone in a responsible environment, its better to do ur food!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by lanryco(m): 10:04am On Mar 03, 2017
ITbomb:
This is ITbomb
ITbomb lives in a sweet neat apartment
ITbomb doesn't worry about flies or smells
ITbomb do not have unwashed plates and dishes
ITbomb eats outside
Be like ITbomb
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by YourWife(f): 10:05am On Mar 03, 2017
Shamstiel:

I don't cook

Well, the other option for u is to "Cook your food!!!"
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by ajbf: 10:05am On Mar 03, 2017
YourWife:

Cooking ur own food is actually cheaper. By d time u buy all ur ingredients and consumables, it might look like u have spent more money. But when u begin to use them, some of them might last for over a month. Also, u cook 2 milk cups of rice and u will eat it twice or 3 times.
Guys will eat 2 milk cups of rice once
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by lanryco(m): 10:06am On Mar 03, 2017
We gather dey
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by lanryco(m): 10:07am On Mar 03, 2017
ajbf:
Guys will eat 2 milk cups of rice once
We gather dey
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Eddygourdo(m): 10:08am On Mar 03, 2017
I fall sick once I eat outside, I woulda loved to be able to live like a real bachelor, rather than this haggling I do in the market where all these women take pleasure in cheating me, as well as all the dirty plate washing. Aaaaaaaargggghhhhh
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by maxiuc(m): 10:09am On Mar 03, 2017
only people staying in lagos or other states can eat out dont try that shit here in Abj cus eating out is more expensive
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 10:09am On Mar 03, 2017
YourWife:

If u have parasites around, its better u buy food outside. But if u stay alone in a responsible environment, its better to do ur food!
one stingy fellow sighted
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Shamstiel: 10:10am On Mar 03, 2017
YourWife:

Well, the other option for u is to "Cook your food!!!"

Maybe you can tutor me smiley
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by maddman: 10:13am On Mar 03, 2017
YourWife:

Cooking ur own food is actually cheaper. By d time u buy all ur ingredients and consumables, it might look like u have spent more money. But when u begin to use them, some of them might last for over a month. Also, u cook 2 milk cups of rice and u will eat it twice or 3 times.

Then you don't eat much. I can finish three cups of beans once. 2 milk cup of rice can't stay 2 hours inside my pot
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by lorhema(f): 10:23am On Mar 03, 2017
Sorry,you eat toast. Not toasted bread. Toast is bread that's toasted. Thanks
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by godson4u79(m): 10:26am On Mar 03, 2017
Op you are mouthed.... Following

Yarnvibes:
Variety of Dishes lavishly and tastefully displayed to invite and tempt people who want to feed their stomach. At Mama puts or Bukkas dotted around each city, you find bankers, civil servants and artisans jostling to buy food at these spots.

Madam give me Amala with efo riro, shaki, roundabout and pomo- they shout at the top of their voices.

In other cases, if you don’t like mama put, then the fancy restaurants is the place you frequent. While you regularly patronise these restaurants every day, have you ever considered cooking for yourself?

Of course, you are very busy and you have to leave home early in the morning and return late and this will not give you time to cook. Perhaps, these reasons shared by Kikiotolu.com will encourage you to cook instead of eating out every day.

1. You can trust what you eating
For those who eat out often, they are not in the know of the kind of ingredients that have been used in preparing the food. It what they are served that they eat. But if you cook at home, you have the discretion to add the content you without any worries.

2. You perfect your cooking skills
Men have the tendency to eat out more than women even though you find both genders at the mama put. Regardless, if you want to improve or perfect your cooking skills, it is not by visiting restaurants. You can find time out of your tight to cook. For the men who cook at home, they can brag to friends about their cooking skills and they can show off their cooking skills to their significant other. It is definitely a wonderful feeling.

3. You save money
You have to spend nothing less than N500 to eat at your favourite restaurants daily. But if you cook, you won’t spend such an amount. Every penny is worth saving in this current recession.

4. You make healthier choices
Many of the foods you consume at restaurants are processed foods due to the ingredients they are used. Cooking at home not only help you select your own ingredients but ensure that you make choices that will not negatively affect your health.

5. It builds better relationships
Imagine one of those days your girlfriend who is always coming around to cook for and you told are not to bother about cooking. You will do it. Even though it may not be perfect, she will love you more. In fact, some women say that they prefer men who know how to cook. So, don’t be afraid to show off your culinary skills to your significant other.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/03/5-reasons-you-should-cook-at-home.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by pweetixandy: 10:32am On Mar 03, 2017
YourWife:

my dear woman, it is a lie. hope you added money for kerosene o. in this Lagos that I live, even 200naira buy you a decent meal. 2milk cups of rice, lol, just think of me as male, do you still think 2milk cups can feed me twice? we are talking about the average Nigerian o.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by wristbangle: 10:32am On Mar 03, 2017
Amarabae:
For unmarried people, Eating outside is more economical than home cooking if we look at it that angle.
I eat outside when I am at work mainly during afternoon.

Yes but health wise, you still have to give it to home cooking. Working class people whether single or married most times eat outside during the week and do home cooking during the weekend.

But come oh! Do u cook early morning before going to work?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by jlauren2006: 10:33am On Mar 03, 2017
Building bad relationship with canteen.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by jlauren2006: 10:37am On Mar 03, 2017
I prefer cooking by myself.

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by muskham(f): 10:38am On Mar 03, 2017
only in nigeria, you can save money by eating out
only in nigeria you are only sure of food safety at home

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Amarabae(f): 10:39am On Mar 03, 2017
wristbangle:

Yes but health wise, you still have to give it to home cooking. Working class people whether single or married most times eat outside during the week and do home cooking during the weekend.

But come oh! Do u cook early morning before going to work?
SOMETIMES,no!I will just buy a takeaway from a fastfood. A standard one like crunchies,mr biggs, not all this mamaput.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by snowblaq(f): 10:41am On Mar 03, 2017
YourWife:
shes correct. U eat toast bread (a bread that was toasted)
...a bread that was toasted is called toasted bread...which u eat.....either of them is correct
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by fergieboy: 10:41am On Mar 03, 2017
Well this are the only food stuff I have at home..

Milk
Milo
Sugar
Bread
G/oil and onion
Then one carton of noodles
One paint of beans

The rest I eat outside ..
Being working for me.. Since am a bachelor

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by wristbangle: 10:46am On Mar 03, 2017
Amarabae:
SOMETIMES,no!I will just buy a takeaway from a fastfood. A standard one like crunchies,mr biggs, not all this mamaput.

That means u are a big girl smiley, unlike someone like me who economise to spend @ mama put let alone a fastfood sad

U know those kind of meal - 3 wraps of Eba with one tiny meat.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by jojothaiv(m): 10:47am On Mar 03, 2017
Shamstiel:
I'm a bachelor too and i cook before going out! Nothing beats home made food bro!
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by egorov(m): 10:53am On Mar 03, 2017
IMO, buying food is cheaper.
Take for instance, I wish to eat well prepared, standard fried rice with chicken, Beef etc. I can goto an eatery and buy for as low as 1500 Naira. Let's say I want to cook that same dish to the standard I have in mind, I can't spend less than 5000. And after eating it once....i might get tired of eating it, eventually, majority of the food will be wasted or fed to the dogs. For a single person, buying food is very economical.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by ajbf: 11:04am On Mar 03, 2017
maddman:

Then you don't eat much. I can finish three cups of beans once. 2 milk cup of rice can't stay 2 hours inside my pot
She is probably a lady.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Martartins(m): 11:07am On Mar 03, 2017
I will forever be a fan of cooking my own meals, at least, until am married. It was one of the things that endeared me to heart my male and female friends in school.

Economically, it is cheaper. You just have to buy everything in bulk or partially, then you can complement.

It is the reason why I look plum, even though na me exercise pass.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by BobHIGHNESS(m): 11:08am On Mar 03, 2017
pweetixandy:
saying cooking at home saves money is seriously up for debate, cos I don't agree. do you know how much vegetable oil retails for? A derica of beans is 250, rice 350 or there about. not to talk off the price of kerosene and gas. you can eat out and eat healthy na, oyinbos are the ones who eat processed foods jor.
Are you going to eat it all at once? It saves money compare to mama puts or bukka. Ama man,i cooks for myself and by myself,i only go restaurant when i run out food stuff
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by zinny377(f): 11:19am On Mar 03, 2017
Thumbs up op grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAFDAC Bans Alcoholic Drinks In Sachets, Small Volume PET / Honey Combs From Un-processed Honey / Best Suya Spots In Lagos- The Vanguard Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.