Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai (21015 Views)

Why FG Hasn’t Prosecuted Some Treasury Looters – Osinbajo / Court Orders El-Rufai, Police To Pay Choc City Boss, Maikori N40m / Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 03, 2017
Be careful what you write on social media.
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by NeutralJUDGE(m): 1:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
mapet:

The school was attacked? Prove it (at the expense of making yourself look more stupid)
I have to overlook your insult for the second time to prove your immaturity. The students were attacked or you give a better reason why the school is yet to open

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by NeutralJUDGE(m): 1:04pm On Mar 03, 2017
EazyMoh:

Why not go ahead and post more pictures of Liberian war as southern Kaduna crisis?
Go ahead I double dare you! nitwit!
If that would make the government know that people are killed daily,we would do that until the international community sees that we have an incompetent system

1 Like

Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by excel101(m): 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2017
Thumbs up to you El-Rufai. Come to think of it what about those herdsmen that has been killing the southern Kaduna people, does it mean that people has not been killed, who are the killers? And where are the Imams that have been making incisive statement in the mosque? Many questions without answers

1 Like

Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by Waspy(m): 1:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
PassingShot:

Is it wrong to prosecute someone who knew he was misinforming the public to discredit the govt?

Those who lost their life as a result of his irresponsible tweets, will his useless apology bring them back?

What he did was capable of causing civil war and he would have been jailed even in any sane society, including US and UK.

Freedom of speech doesn't give anyone the freedom to cause chaos and violence with obvious lies. As a lawyer, he should know better.
Guess you know little about El Rufais misguided public and media utterances.

1 Like

Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by dom(m): 1:23pm On Mar 03, 2017
"On November 25, 2014, Nasir El-Rufai, the current Governor of Kaduna State in a tweet questioned whether then President Goodluck Jonathan was traveling to Chad to plot Boko Haram attacks with the Chadian President.

On September 8, 2014 Elrufai, via a tweet accused then President Jonathan of funding Christians who masquerade as Boko Haram and accused the then President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor of being the commander of the so called Christian Boko Haram.

On the same day he also tweeted that pastor Ayo had been paid ₦50 billion for the purpose of his Christian Boko Haram whose purpose was to "tarnish the name of Islam".

On July 24, 2014 Elrufai via another tweet accused then President Jonathan of meeting with his terrorists from Nasarawa state.

On January 2, 2014, Elrufai alleged that he was number 6 on a list of politicians to be assassinated by then President Jonathan. This is the same Elrufai that has now instigated the arrest of Audu Maikori for allegedly inciting the public by spreading lies. This the biggest act of HYPOCRISY I have seen and I urge you to Google these tweets. Don't take my word for it." Reno Omokri

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by hush15: 1:29pm On Mar 03, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Mtcheeeeeeew this Elrufai with his archaic ways.
What happen to freedom of speech.
Agreed Audu posted a wrong information why not use the same means to refute or counter his claims
Then summon him and tell him his mistakes.
Publish it to create deterrent for others who might want to tow that line
Power shall undecided

Na Audu I blame for caving in, even as a lawyer. Your driver misinformed you and then... since you apologise for the misinformation, I don't think such anachronistic statements should be made by the government. He sounds like he already determined the fate of the guy.

I don't understand if we practising democracy or anarchy cos the way these fulanis rule, imposing and dictating.

If only Donald Trump was Fulani, America for don hear wen...

Useless governor...

1 Like

Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by kjhova(m): 1:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Agreed Audu posted a wrong information why not use the same means to refute or counter his claims
Power shall undecided

Suppose that I photoshop your face to an unclad body being man-handled by a mob and I post online that you were caught stealing i-phone... suppose that I have massive followership online and the story and pictures go viral...are you saying that it is ok as I am entitled to freedom of speech? Are you saying that a refutal from you is sufficient enough to undo the damage? Will you summon me and tell me my mistake? Will that deter anyone else?

I believe the picture is clearer for you to see now.
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by obowunmi(m): 1:52pm On Mar 03, 2017
El-Rufai and Omojuwa publishing fake news about GEJ.

How Come ElRufai can't find his Fulani terrorist brothers who murdered innocent people in Kaduna
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by ShootToKill: 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2017
Mynd44:
He should get his lawyers and defend himself in court. Let the law decide his fate.

I hate hypocrites, when will El-rufai prosecute himself for his own tweet-threats? He hurriedly removed his wicked posts after he became governor thinking that the internet forgets.

Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by ShootToKill: 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2017
stexsy:
Useless governor. This is a man that twitted lies upon lies against GEJ. Now he cant swallow lies again.

Lies that he quickly removed when he came into power thinking that the internet will forget. Of course he will still have zombiegerians who will support him as evil as he is.

No matter how evil you are in zoogeria, there are devils who will support you even if you caught behead an innocent kid on the street. Cursed country.

1 Like

Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2017
El Rufai lacks the temperamnet of leadership, he is extremely divisive and extremely vidicatative and a complete misfit
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by soulfood(m): 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by ogunsj: 2:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Power shall undecided
do you understand what freedom of speech is? have you heard of that word DEFAMATION? don't worry when he gets to court he will tell them he is riding on freedom of speech.
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Power shall undecided

That is wrong.
His statement could be deemed inciting and lead to death,
People have been arrested and prosecuted for less.
Incase you don't know libel, slander and hate speech are punishable offenses.

1 Like

Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by mahyowah(m): 2:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:
The Message is clear be very carefull of stuff you post around in the social Media.
You might just be posting yourself to Jail.
Front Page Please
how many murderers have been arrested and prosecuted since the unrest began
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by mapet: 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
NeutralJUDGE:
I have to overlook your insult for the second time to prove your immaturity. The students were attacked or you give a better reason why the school is yet to open

I did not know you have added conjectures to you confusion.....The Kaduna State College of Education Gidan-Waya Kafanchan released a statement immediately Audu peddled his falsehood that went viral.

The authorities of Kaduna State College of Education have accused Mr. Luka Binniyat, a Vanguard Newspaper reporter in Kaduna, of inventing a story that five of its students were killed by Fulani herdsmen in the southern part of the state at the weekend.....
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/fg-grants-50-year-concessions-deep-seaport-projects/

Contrary to media reports that 5 students of College of Education Gidan Waya in southern part of Kaduna State were killed, the School administrator, Professor Emmanuel Joseph Chom, has clarified that none of his students were killed.

Addressing a press conference Tuesday in Kaduna, the school administrator wondered why any person or group of persons ‎would want to destroy government’s determined effort at ensuring that normalcy returned to the area......
Southern Kaduna: ‎No student of Gidan Waya College of Education was killed – School Administrator

Meanwhile, did you read the misreable and idiotic reply/apology and reason from the same Audu you're defending?
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by ogunsj: 3:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
drsugar:
I've seen things like 'F*cK TRUMP' 'F*CK CLINTON' 'Trump Sex tape' 'Hillary is a pedophile' 'Hillary is a child trafficker' and the likes of such with supporting articles online. Even though most of this things might be untrue, I av never heard of anyone of these people trying to look for scapegoats to persecute online.

Says much about our level of thinking and priorities.

Same set of people were the ones spreading rumors that GEJ was training some snipers to kill opposition in 2014, now they are so thin-skinned. Hypocrisy at its height
same thing when you call him midget or he'll - rufai or when you call buhari slowpoke, dullard, dictator, Boko Haram etc, which are derogatory. I guess you know that nobody has been arrested for that. but when your publication or utterances are enough to incite the people against constituted authority or cause any form of breach of peace then you will have a date with the law. don't be deceived, nothing like absolute freedom. where your right ends another person's begins. I hope and pray El-rufai stand by his words so that others can learn.
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by Kazanchat(m): 3:36pm On Mar 03, 2017
Which is de worst? spreading wrong information and apologizing later or telling de world dat"I know de murderers killing souls and I have paid em to stop" sad enuf de murderers didn't stop. and am still defending dem. Who shud be prosecuted? fu*cking country.
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by Kazanchat(m): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2017
PassingShot:

Is it wrong to prosecute someone who knew he was misinforming the public to discredit the govt?

Those who lost their life as a result of his irresponsible tweets, will his useless apology bring them back?

What he did was capable of causing civil war and he would have been jailed even in any sane society, including US and UK.

Freedom of speech doesn't give anyone the freedom to cause chaos and violence with obvious lies. As a lawyer, he should know better.
What are U even talking about? didn't Fulani herdsmen invade FCE gida wire? and El-rufai has de right to pay those same herdsmen and they didn't even stop de killing. And he said he knows them. after paying them and they persist wit killing wont it be nice to arrest them if not for killing innocent souls for bridging of contract? He stills defends them and U are here defending them. U must be a Muslim cos U all are almost the same.
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by sshalom(m): 3:53pm On Mar 03, 2017
Gov. El Rufai should also be this active in prosecuting the identified killers of innocent people in Southern Kaduna and elsewhere in the state. That is when we get to know he is serious and fair minded.
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by Kazanchat(m): 3:57pm On Mar 03, 2017
EazyMoh:

Why not go ahead and post more pictures of Liberian war as southern Kaduna crisis?
Go ahead I double dare you! nitwit!
So pipo are not being killed is Southern Kaduna? U are pathetic. de moh in ur name must be Mohammed. U guys are all de same. no right tinkin person in dat religion. always being bias.

1 Like

Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by haulforte123: 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
HaulForte Resources.

Take advantage of our services.

You Can now Chat with Us at: www.haulforte.com

E-mail Us at: info@haulfort.com

Call Us on: 08121362702
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by ezenaija(m): 7:03pm On Mar 03, 2017
ehie:
i dont even undertand the rage, where is the outage of the Fulanis killing southern Kaduna, you are picking on Maikori because he has no political clout and you are in power, failing to realise you had power once and were out of it..i shudder to think of El Rufai as president, it will be terrible

Anyone who did what Maikori did should be in jail.
Meanwhile El Rufai will be President if APC presents him as candidate and he'll surely make a good President.. better than GEJ.
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 03, 2017
ezenaija:

Anyone who did what Maikori did should be in jail.
Meanwhile El Rufai will be President if APC presents him as candidate and he'll surely make a good President.. better than GEJ.
if that wish or hope is a curse , i send it back to you and your generations, el rufufai will never rule Nigeria on Jesus name
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by mayorwah98(m): 7:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
This El-rufai sef!!!! I so much hate him. He never pay salary, he kon Dey here they rant!!!
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by Elbowroom: 7:18pm On Mar 03, 2017
nzeobi:
make sure you prosecute him alongside those your fulani brothers you gave money

What about who gave Audu money to post false news?
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by Elbowroom: 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
stexsy:
Useless governor. This is a man that twitted lies upon lies against GEJ. Now he cant swallow lies again.

Your evidence

Or are you gej son
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
[b]What happen to freedom of speech.

Power shall undecided[/b]

Freedom of speech does not include freedom to lie and spread false information capable of causing a breach of the peace and possible loss of lives and property
And yes, the man was summoned to his mistake but he stubbornly refused to budge, choosing instead to irresponsibly stick to his false story - much in the same was as you deliberately chose to ignore this very part of the article.

@ TOPIC:
How I wish El-Rufia would also come sanitise Nairaland from so many outright deliberate propagators of falsehood along with those who choose to distort information to suit their agenda; the same should also be extended to the mainstream media houses because quite a few of them had been lazy and unprofessional in their reporting - imagine Vanguard publishing this blatantly false story as truth, without any verification before hand.

I think the national assembly should reconsider bringing back the social media bill in view of recent events concerning increasingly divisive inciting statements, often false or misleading by bloggers and in other social media platforms, as well as by some of our not so responsible political and religious leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
Why am I not surprised.
These days too many lies litter the cyberspace.
Pple tell all sort of lies jus to discredit the govt in power.
I don't even bother myself reading many of those reports, especially when they ve sources like vanguard.
Vanguard is such an embarrassment these days.
Even my old dad in the village told me recently when I went visiting not to by him Vanguard Newspaper.
I asked him why and he said 'Vanguard is too desperate. And they now tell lies like primary sch children.
Re: Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai by zedman1(m): 8:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
Waspy:
ElRufai comes across as a tyrant. It comes in handy for him. But Thanks goodness, he's not a military administrator or a Royal ruler
....bro be true to yourself, deep within your mind, was Audu right?...... Oya insult me, that's what they do on Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP To Oshiomhole: Stop Acting Like An Attack Dog / DSS Uncovers Plots To Incite Religious Violence In Selected States In Nigeria / 22 Killed In Mosque Bombing In Maiduguri - Aljazeera News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.