Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Why (& How) Fidelity Bank Is Now Better Than Gtbank - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why (& How) Fidelity Bank Is Now Better Than Gtbank (2217 Views)

World Bank Is Recruiting Team Assistant In Abuja (3-5 Years Experience) / How Fidelity Bank Helped Gov. Ortom Of Benue State To Launder N4.29 Billion / How Fidelity Bank Dupe Nigerians Of Millions Through Internet Banking On Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why (& How) Fidelity Bank Is Now Better Than Gtbank by DaySpringer: 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2017
This is not an Attempt to Promote one Bank, in this Case Fidelity. No. This is an attempt to Commend one bank for an improvement in their Services and Also Make the other Bank Sit up as regards their own services and customer Satisfaction.

I created an account with Fidelity bank 7 years ago and then i joined GTB shortly two years later. When GTB first came out, they had so many wondeful features, they were the new generation bank then with better Features than fidelity, like:
a. A Mastercard that could be used with international transactions. Fidelity at the time only had verve and visa cards.
b. They had a cool and nicely designed online banking platform. Even though you could only perform transactions with a token. Which brings me to the next thing
c. They had a token for security purposes that you could use to autorize your transactions, both on their online banking platform and on Quickteller.
d. They had Fasttrack (and still do) where you could use your atm card to make deposits or withdrawals over the counter. An innovation that saved the time spent in Queues especially if you are depositing into your account.
e. They even introduced 737 which allowed you to perform banking operations on phones without internet connection, I might be wrong but i think they were the first to introduce such a service.
These are practical features that customers use more often than their other features/services like Social banking.
I Quickly started using my GTbank account for many transactions and relegated my Fidelity Account to just a place to keep my money wthout touching it.

But in recent time starting from the second half of last year, Fidelity has improved in their operations and i can now say that they are better than GTB in many of their services offered including the ones listed above. I will list the areas in which Fidelity is now better, category by Category.

1. ONLINE BANKING PLATFORM. I am going to be straight in this one, Fidelity bank's online banking platform UI is more visually appealing and modern than GTB's own currently and that's saying something considering the fact that Fidelity's own used to be Wack.

2. Tokens: Fidelity bank's Token costs #1500 while GTB's token costs 2100 naira.

b. Token CC Service: Now when both my tokens were deactivated individually by both banks around the same time, i was advised to call their customer care lines and have them reactivated. I called Fidelity's own and after some Questions, my token was reauthenticated and could now authorise my transactions.
I finally called GTB and they promised they had done it but on getting back on their platform, my token was still unable to authorised any of my transactions. I was told to go to the bank by the Agent over the phone. On getting to the bank, thinking that the CC reps there would do something about it, i was told that if GTCONNECT couldn't solve the problem, that being told to come there means that i was (indirectly) being asked to get a replacement Token, which meant pay another #2100. Right now I don't have a token and i don't planning on spending money to get another when There was no explanation as to Why a token that is supposed to have a full life of 7 years suddenly stopped working. It felt like and still feels like a Big betrayal.

3. Fidelity Bank CC number is TOLL-FREE While GTCONNECT is not. What this means is that Calling Fidelity bank's Customer Care will not cost you anything from your credit but You have to use your own credit to call GTbank.

4. 770 vs 737: This should be in a thread of it's own but 770 now beats 737 hands down. GTB is a popular bank, I have many friends using it and family using it, so i have more examples of experiences with 737 to add to my own.
a. You can recharge #50 from your fidelity Account. You cannot do same with your GTbank.

b. 770 has never failed me. Never. Sounds like an Outrageous claim right? Fidelity users confirm in your replies. Meanwhile Gtbank 737 users can confirm how many times, they want to recharge their lines from 737, they get a confirmation and the money never gets to their sim.
I called a friend this morning and he said he has been trying to recharge his line with 737 and it hasn't been working. I told another friend to recharge my line let us talk, and he said he hasn't been able to use 737 to subscribe let alone recharge, or is it my Dad that would want to send money to my little sis and he would text me saying e-services not working. It seems 737 has downtimes and sorry for you if, you are trying to use the service in it's down time.

I don't know whether GTBank is too arrogant to acknowledge that their 737 has major issues or they just choose to ignore customers. I reiterate that 770 has never failed me.

Fidelity bank used to suck at all the above mentioned but their improvement astounded me on the other hand GT Bank my mistress has really gone worse and GT bank users who will come on this thread can confirm that.

cc. Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Why (& How) Fidelity Bank Is Now Better Than Gtbank by FearFactor1: 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2017
I use a fidelity account and a gtbank account. I have both tokens. But fidelity's is the bomb.

Gt na scrap.

1 Like

Re: Why (& How) Fidelity Bank Is Now Better Than Gtbank by obataokenwa(m): 2:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
Truth be told... I can't use Gtb cos they have few branches and if you have any issue, your name na sorry. Fidelity is so perfect.
Let me also call UBA to order, I reactivated an account I've not been using for long just to start using it for my business cos the bank is close to my business office, I collected Token from them and deposited hundreds of thousands into it just to enable me do transactions easily... Till today that token can't transfer money, I've been to the bank more than four times and the customer service always write to Headquarter to activate it till today nothing... I quietly transferred all my money back to my Diamond Bank acct. I'm planning to sue them for deducting 1500 from my account as token fee and I can't make use of it. Waiting for it to be up-to 2months as enough evidence to claim damages. I will never use UBA again
Re: Why (& How) Fidelity Bank Is Now Better Than Gtbank by sboba: 8:17am On Mar 14, 2017
ok !!! I had not taken note of Fidelity bank's internet banking till this post....the freshness is onpoint!! registered this morning and I already have access to an account I had since youth service days.

Na to turn my fidelity account to operative account be that!!

1 Like

Re: Why (& How) Fidelity Bank Is Now Better Than Gtbank by xaty: 9:12am On Mar 14, 2017
Fidelity Bank has stepped up from the drab and slow ibank, to a sleek and fast ibank. GTB not bad but long thing to transact both on 737 and ibank unlike Fidelity which is direct and sweet to use. i enjoy using Fidelity 770 for my quick recharge. Nice

1 Like

Re: Why (& How) Fidelity Bank Is Now Better Than Gtbank by Pablokay1: 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2017
Nice step from fidelity and I must honestly say I'm impressed. The 770 instant banking works like magic and to be honest I think I prefer it to even using online banking.@lalasticlala please do the needful and take to front page so other banks can see this and also step up their game.
Re: Why (& How) Fidelity Bank Is Now Better Than Gtbank by DaySpringer: 11:28pm On Mar 18, 2017
Pablokay1:
Nice step from fidelity and I must honestly say I'm impressed. The 770 instant banking works like magic and to be honest I think I prefer it to even using online banking.@lalasticlala please do the needful and take to front page so other banks can see this and also step up their game.

Tried to get it pushed but it seems Front page is only for Tonto Dike stories, BBnaija Stories, Romance Section topics and foootball

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Woman Begs P0rnstar "Kingtblakhoc" To Be His Sugar Mummy (see Details) / PHOTO:Hoodlums’ Attack On Tinubu’s Convoy / Vote Your Grinch Of The Year 2007(Valid till Dec 31 2007)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.