Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

She Died - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / She Died (349 Views)

How I Began To Speak With Isabella The Day After She Died (II) / How I Began To Speak With Isabella The Day After She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

She Died by afamzikora: 12:54pm On Mar 03, 2017
SHE DIED.

i had a classmate that always picked on me for no just cause. sandra didnt like me at all,she would call me names and tell me am good for nothing.knowing how much words hurts i didnt ever insult her back.i thought ignoring her would make her stop but rather it made it worse, as the days went by she got new names to call.i was certain she checks the dictionary just fo this cause.i didnt mind being insulted but it got out of hands the day she insulted my parents ,angrily i told her she looks like someone that is being molested by her own father.

it was an angry word that was never meant but immediately the words left my mouth i regreted saying it.everyone around started laughing while sandra ran off.i felt so sad and guilty.in order to appease my conscience which was unres i went in search of Sandra.after scouting for her,i found her in the libray.i approached her and started giving my heart felt apology only for sandra to break into fresh tears because from the looks of it her eyes were swollen from already shed tears. i felt even worse and asked what i could do to make her feel better

she just said,Listen.still standing i kept quiet to let her do the talking while i do the listening.amidst tears she said ,''i am not crying because of what you said,am rather crying because its the truth''.puzzled,i asked. whats the truth? my father does molest ,me. it was hard for me to believe it because whenever sandra's father came to pick her up he looked so calm and gentle but thinking about it.sandra always acted strange around her father but i couldnt wrap my fingers around it.she was not my most favourite person so,for all i cared.she was weird in a creepy way but still the story was too hard to swallow but who says such mean

things about their father just for fun.i felt more bad and together we cried.we became friends and from time to time she skipped school and whenever she was around,she looked sad.i told her to tell someone about it.i promised to tell my parents about it but she made we swear never to say a word to any living soul. she said she fears telling her mother about it,.she argued that her mother was going through enough troubles already and that she worked more than her father.one day i asked her what i did wrong to make her pick on me sandra said she envies the relationship i have with my parents that she sees how excited i was whenever my parents or father came to pick me up and she has always wished for that togetherness and hapiness in her familly but it eluded them.two terms went by and on the day of resumption sandra didnt resume.

i didnt feel panicked yet because i felt she was having a late start and all my calls and messages went to her voice mail unreplied.i became very worried on the secound week when sandra didnt show up.sandra made sure i dint know where she lived because according to her no visitors are allowed.when i swore to tell my father about what she was going through in the hands of her father sandra claimed he has stopped.on the third week,words got in.she committed sucide,cause of death,drug overdose.she was discovered by a neighbour who kept knocking to tell her that their smoke alarm tripped off.sandra wrote a note explaining what she has been going through for the pass four years.she was only fifteen for crying out loud.i have not forgiven myself.i wish i spoke up,sandra could have lived.her parents got divorced anyways.

(1) (Reply)

Recounting A Fire Incidence (as It Happened) / The Revolution (episode 5) / My Life Starting From Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.