Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria (59108 Views)

Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate / Interest Rates On Fixed Time/tenure Deposits In Nigerian Banks / Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by preciousgud(m): 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2013
I think the best investment in this modern age is biz.
You can be a boss of your own, why don't you think about opening a shop and create a website to generate more sales? Online shop and importation of phones and laptops ar the best biz so far nw.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Moneyb: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2014
You see, don't sweat it too much. The bible says my people perish because they lack knowledge. Instead of fixing your money in a bank that will yield you little or nothing, why not invest your money with reputable fund management organisation that will give @least 25% every 3 months. They will give you better returns on your money and you will not have to wait for a year those banks are even demanding. Check them out here http://marketsgain.net/fund-management-service/ Just saying anyway
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by wisdompraise(m): 7:06am On Oct 17, 2014
Here is how is calculated. The percentage bank give you, divided by hundred, times the amount you want to fix, times number of days it will last, divided by three hundred and fifty-five.

For example; if you want to fix hundred thousand (100,000) for 180 days (6months) and bank gave you at 6%. Study below.

6% divided by 100 x 100,000naira x 180days divided by 355day = 3042.2535211 that's your interest. Which simply means N3,000.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by icemann(m): 10:09pm On Oct 21, 2014
wisdompraise:
Here is how is calculated. The percentage bank give you, divided by hundred, times the amount you want to fix, times number of days it will last, divided by three hundred and fifty-five.

For example; if you want to fix hundred thousand (100,000) for 180 days (6months) and bank gave you at 6%. Study below.

6% divided by 100 x 100,000naira x 180days divided by 355day = 3042.2535211 that's your interest. Which simply means N3,000.

Oga that is not how to do compound interest

It is A=P(1+r/n)^n*t

A= final pay
P= principal
r= rate
r= number of times compounded
t= time
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by rednek: 8:42am On Oct 27, 2014
NOTICE! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!!

MAKE YOUR YOUR PATH STRAIGHT TO GREAT WEALTH.

GET 8% OF WHATEVER YOU INVESTED EVERY 30 DAYS,FOR AS LONG AS YOUR INVESTED FUND STILL REMAINS WITH THE COMPANY.

FOR THOSE THAT NEEDS LOANS RANGING FROM 20k to 100k, CAN ALSO OBTAIN LOANS WITHOUT COLLATERA,BUT IT INVOLVES SOME CERTAIN PROCESS A REPUTABLE REFFEREE AND SIGNED AGREEMENTS.

Why look for high profit internet investments,that will pay only but a few people just for a while,before they will disappear with your money without any trace,it had always happened that way.

INVEST WHERE you can Get 8% in 30 days of what ever you have invested,paid directly into your account,no stories and absolutely risk free.ONLY FEW PEOPLE ARE AWARE OF IT........this is not an internet transaction,it is a company with physical addresses,u will be requested to sign some legal documents and agreements with the institution on the payment arrangement.what is required of u is 2-PASSPORTS PHOTOGRAPH,A VALID I.D CARD and you must have,an account number with one of the listed banks,UBA,GTB,FIRST BANK,FIDELITY BANK AND ZENITH BANK.the minimum amount for investment is 50 THOUSAND and a maximum of 10 MILLION NAIRA.You will get your first payment 37 days after investment date,as 7 days is required for your money to be invested into the economy,while subsiquent payments will be within 30days interval.

You can still collect you invested fund if you wish,but you investment must have run for a minimum of 6months with the company,and you will give a 2 months notice in writing to the company before collection of invested fund.

The company also hosts an annual general meeting every 1st week of november where some certain issues are discussed.

To be honest with you,I get paid 0.6% monthly of what ever investment I attract for the company,for as long as the invested fund still runs with the company.

PLS the listed banks are the only banks from which u can get your money paid directly into an account,those are the banks we partner with.The company have had a steadily good reputation for over a period of 4years and 7months,with a plan of going international by 2017.TELL OTHERS AROUND YOU,NOW THAT THERE IS STILL SPACE FOR EVERYONE,BEFORE IT BECOMES A THING FOR ONLY THE RICH.

YOUR MONEY IS 100% Secured and YOUR monthly returns are also 100% sure,no delays,no stories of losses.

Many of our clients who started with just 50k for fear of losses,came back some months later to invest even more.

You too can test us with the minimum,but I bet you will come back to invest even twice the maximum.

THE ALMIGHTY GOD HAS BROUGHT THIS TO YOUR NOTICE,DON'T HOLD IT BACK FROM OTHERS.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON HOW THE COMPANY OPERATES,,PLS CONTACT MR UGWU DANIEL OF THE MARKETING DEPT.on 09096447387 or 08069334214.

AN INVESTMENT YOU CAN TRUST

1 Like

Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by chukwuwike2ny(m): 9:40am On Oct 28, 2014
Hello,

Do you have a Volkwagen Vanagon bus? Are you looking for an Honest person to manage your bus? Or are you intrested in getting into passsenger Transport Business?

Owning a 14 sitter Volkwagen Vanagon can be a money spinner if managed by Experienced. And Honest Person.

I have 1 that is mine and 2 others that I manage for people, and business is doing very good.

I thought I can earn more if I increase the number of buses I'm managing. So this is an opportunity for anyone who own or want to own a 14 sitter Volkwagen Vanagon.

Ajah-lekki is where my buses are plying and that's where all others will be plying too.

And like already stated, maintenance is on us and we pay N100K per Month

This is the best offer you can get anywhere!!!

My contacts:
Click2ny@gmail.com
BBPin:2895029C
WhatsApp: 08111595550

Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 5:09am On Oct 31, 2014
for those if you who have 100k and above and are ready to keep it for more than 6 months, why not DO kgif the interest rate is 12% no with holding tax though it's a Mutual funds but what you are after is your interest and its guaranteed in kgif. just saying.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by xpensiv: 9:08pm On Nov 01, 2014
I have 1m fixed in Abbey mortgage bank here in Nigeria. My friend works there and asked me to assist him meet his target so I did.
Initially I was told 10% then after a while he came back to say his boss said the market is crashing and in I fix for 6months I'll get 8% I refused and stuck to 3months @ we finally agreed on 5.5% which I know is terrible!
But what can I say I did it to help a friend!
Btw it's percentage is per annum, so I'm getting less than 15k for the three months which is a joke to me.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Tpharell: 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
icemann:

Oga that is not how to do compound interest

It is A=P(1+r/n)^n*t

A= final pay
P= principal
r= rate
r= number of times compounded
t= time
It's simple interest
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by chukwuwike2ny(m): 7:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
Hello,

Do you have a Volkwagen Vanagon bus? Are you looking for an Honest person to manage your bus? Or are you intrested in getting into passsenger Transport Business?

Owning a 14 sitter Volkwagen Vanagon can be a money spinner if managed by Experienced. And Honest Person.

I have 1 that is mine and 2 others that I manage for people, and business is doing very good.

I thought I can earn more if I increase the number of buses I'm managing. So this is an opportunity for anyone who own or want to own a 14 sitter Volkwagen Vanagon.

Ajah-lekki is where my buses are plying and that's where all others will be plying too.

And like already stated, maintenance is on us and we pay N100K per Month.

Alternatively, you can get 5% ROI with 10% Principal Repayment per Month.

My contacts:
Click2ny@gmail.com
BBPin:2895029C
WhatsApp: 08111595550

Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Frankpiska(m): 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2014
aywills:
Really, you can't make money from FD. To me, it's design for those who doesn't know what to do with their money at a given point in time.
If i have a million naira. I will invest in fish/meat-selling business. I will start importing meat from botswana to nigeria and will make a hell of money. FD is a lame source of money, it doesnt even worth knowing the interest rate of banks.
Sent you a pm,please let's chat.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 16, 2014
whatalife:
the money is reasonable when the sum is large. a friend got 16.5% with fidelity for 14million naira.

16.5% monthly or annually ¿

Besides u lying, no Nigerian bank would ever give you above 12%

1 Like

Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2014
whatalife:
the money is reasonable when the sum is large. a friend got 16.5% with fidelity for 14million naira.

16.5% indeed, blatant liar.

1 Like

Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
4rexpalace:
i wonder why people are scared of forex trading well that is part of what i do and i find it rewarding but i undertand it is not for everybody.well back to the discussion i amnot talking of forex .if you want us to talk pls send a mail to forexpalace@yahoo.com

If forex has rewarded you,u would be so busy with stuffz & barely would knw that nairaland do exist.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
puskin:
Im into an investment that pays me btw 15-20% per month.
Iv been in it for over a year nw.
They hv neva defaulted in paying me.
I hv always ask'd 'em what they do, all they say is forex but I knw they do more than just dat.
Anywayz, who cares? Iv collected my invested sum more than X2 and the interest is still coming.
Iv given them a strict warning dat the day they default payment, im collapsing the investment.

The post above ⇑⇑⇑ should be ☏ reported a$ap #BeWareOf419 grin grin grin
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Destinygrl(f): 9:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
hi pls does any1 knows how much one should expect as interest frm HIDA account when the amount saved is 420,000.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by atilla(m): 11:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
X2X:
@Roforofo

I am in the similar position as yourself (work location overseas and primary earnings in Sterling). I am considering opening a FD account too. Wondering if you could kindly provide answers to the following:

I am traveling home in March (no BA strike, fingers crossed) and hope to sort out the rate negotiations with GTB or Diamond but I would like to open the accounts (Domiciliary, for "9ja-ward" transfer, if it is needed) from here (before traveling) so that I could initiate the transfers while still here.

Thanks.

My broad a friend of mine staying in Dallas opened accounts when he came. Since ur in the uk y don't u contact the Gtb branch there. I think it's called non Resident Nigerian service. Please verify my info from sources below as I'm not 100 percent sure
http://www.gtbankuk.com/
http://gtbank.com/about-gtbank/our-brand/brand-centre/296-gtbank-uk.html
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by aspirebig: 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
2009 posts...I was surprised when I was seeing oceanic bank, I was like ....abi I dey dream?
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Sunny4Gold: 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
@3% on 1 million naira, you will only gross N30,000 for 1 year or N2500 per month. If you less the government 10% withholding tax,
you will net N2,250 per month or N27,000 for 1 year.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Dollarboom: 3:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
If you are brave enough, I can manage a forex account for you profitably and I will prove this before you invest. Call 08162868544
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by chinedudollar1: 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2016
Helo friends!, Why are we killing , wasting our presious time and energy looking for which bank in Nigeria or outside Nigeria that pays the highest intrest in FDs, when we all know that even if it is 15% or 10% intrest, is still low either monthly or yearly, When we have what or where to invest our money and in less than 2 to 3 months it doubles, or have u not heared of cryptocurrency b4, ur. Question here should be what is cryptocurrency and how can i belong to it and which one is most sucessful i should follow, pls i want us make reasch on our on own about Cryptocurrency and not wasting time debeting on fiat money that the value is being gorvned and control by our greed Government, pls go to www.cryptocurrency.com. And see things on ur own and call on me on 08065993501 for more details thanks
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by chinedudollar1: 7:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] Helo friends!, Why are we killing , wasting our presious time and energy looking for which bank in Nigeria or outside Nigeria that pays the highest intrest in FDs, when we all know that even if it is 15% or 10% intrest, is still low either monthly or yearly, When we have what or where to invest our money and in less than 2 to 3 months it doubles, or have u not heared of cryptocurrency b4, ur. Question here should be what is cryptocurrency and how can i belong to it and which one is most sucessful i should follow, pls i want us make reasch on our on own about Cryptocurrency and not wasting time debeting on fiat money that the value is being gorvned and control by our greed Government, pls go to www.cryptocurrency.com. And see things on ur own and call on me on 08065993501 for more details thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Before You Go Ahead To Provide Help As MMM Returns, Take Note! / Dial 112 If Any One Attempts Suicide Due To MMM "Crash"- LASEMA Advises / MMM Surprises Nigerians, Throws Party In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.