Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 (27896 Views)

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / How To Get A Job In Nigeria Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 04, 2017
Below is British undergraduate degree classification Nigeria is using First-class honours (1st, 1 or I) – typically 70% or higher Second-class honours, upper division (2:1, 2i or II-1) – typically 60–69% Second-class honours, lower division (2:2, 2ii or II-2) – typically 50–59% Third-class honours (3rd, 3 or III) – typically 40–49%
So 2.2 is now bad?
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by ldpele(m): 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2017
Superuser:
I graduated with a 2.2 in Biochemistry and I have worked in more than 5 multinationals including Maersk, Oracle, EMC, Reuters et al. While working at a Canadian company in Abuja I met a guy who graduated with Pass in Food Technology whom I groomed to becoming an IT Sales guru. Guess what? He worked with 2 local IT coys and he is at present working with a multinational IT coy earning $4000 monthly after tax.

Your grade is just a number if you don't believe in yourself!
Why are we on such thread if not to get the testimonies of those that will inspire us. Won't mind sending my CV please. hoping for a favorably response, thanks.
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by Gentlemedi(m): 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2017
jaysan82:
These things are relative. I graduated with a 3rd class in geology and never looked down on myself for a second. I have worked in an oil servicing company and 2 different media houses and earn what most nigerians would consider a very good salary. Thing is this, a lot of employers would offer you a job if ure confident, smart, look/ dress good, communicate effectively and ambitious. Develop urself and work on ur personality. Persona is everything.
that's good, please can you explain in details?
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by XaintJoel20: 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2017
Superuser:
I graduated with a 2.2 in Biochemistry and I have worked in more than 5 multinationals including Maersk, Oracle, EMC, Reuters et al. While working at a Canadian company in Abuja I met a guy who graduated with Pass in Food Technology whom I groomed to becoming an IT Sales guru. Guess what? He worked with 2 local IT coys and he is at present working with a multinational IT coy earning $4000 monthly after tax.

How do you guys get these high paying job

Is it connection?

God's grace and favour

Or what
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by ogasman(m): 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2017
op just shut up

I got 3.49

3.5 is 2.1

useless evil lecturers still let me in 2.2

it's not about the result ni..

3.49 is approximately 3.5 2.1

but lock up and go get a job or professional career or join yahoo and learn trade haba...

enough of this cgpa madness

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by ogasman(m): 9:50pm On Mar 04, 2017
either u make 1st class 2.1 or 2.2

u are okay...
no say any more shit who grades help
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by ogasman(m): 9:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
your presido get ond self
what of nce
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by ogasman(m): 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2017
your topic is useless
despite 2.2
you get any idea what certificate of attendance is
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by Superuser(m): 6:40am On Mar 05, 2017
biosoftng@gmail.com
ldpele:
Why are we on such thread if not to get the testimonies of those that will inspire us. Won't mind sending my CV please. hoping for a favorably response, thanks.
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by Superuser(m): 6:59am On Mar 05, 2017
Sent you my Email already. Kindly check you email.
Mekus7720:

Can we talk, privately please, here's my email :mekus7720@gmail.com,
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by Kenshinmunac(m): 7:03am On Mar 05, 2017
abasumike12345:

I have seen third class graduates that are doing better in life than 2.1 graduates. In the North, there are stark illiterates that are self made millionaires. Not all of us are born to work for others bro

That is very true
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by Kenshinmunac(m): 7:04am On Mar 05, 2017
Celsony:

I wonder o... If d OP can say this of 2.2, then 3rd class na death sentence be that.

Lol asin ehn
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by Kenshinmunac(m): 7:05am On Mar 05, 2017
pesinfada:
hahahahaha

just 1 odd

Lol that 1 ni they finish people so.
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by AljazeeraBCH: 8:54am On Mar 05, 2017
I am a graduate of biochemistry with lower grate, and PGD herbal medicine pls which professional certificate should I do to boost my chance of getting Job??tnx
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by ldpele(m): 9:37am On Mar 05, 2017
Superuser:
biosoftng@gmail.com
Thanks so much, really appreciate. Taking the corresponding action. compulsory for one to act in accordance with auto-reply I got?
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by danidee10(m): 12:59pm On Mar 05, 2017
Omotaday:
Please i have passion for this, i want to be a programmer. I am a final year student of mass communication, How can i get started?

DM me.
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by Omotaday(m): 5:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
danidee10:

DM me.
Done.
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by xxgig(m): 7:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
lonelydora:

I'm not here to know who's richer or not. You work for an international organization and I work for a multinational.
You run a blog and I run a haulage company for extra pay. You are big in your own way and I am big in my own way. That's all. Can I rest now?
please o! I need a job, and i read chemical engineering. You help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by guiddoti: 9:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
napoleon77:

You raised some excellent points!!

But the honest truth is that some organisations will not consider you for an aptitude test or interview if you make a 3rd class so you wont have the opportunity of showing how confident, smart, ambitious you are.

I am speaking from experience!!
You have spoken my mind. No one will tell us how they got the job with their 3rd or whatever. The truth is, getting requirement for any position is as getting good grade. Though, it may not totally be the yardstick but a way to be called for test or interview. Thanks for sharing your thought.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by Omotaday(m): 7:44am On Mar 06, 2017
danidee10:

DM me.
i am hoping you would reply sir.
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by MATEX30: 9:04am On Mar 06, 2017
yeah, with GOD, you can always get a good job, with wisdom, creativity and potential - http://dunamisblog.com/8-ways-to-get-good-job-as-a-graduate-with-2-2/
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by Baldg: 4:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
Superuser:

baba. I had to quote you concerning this. Abeg, make God use you. Let me send my CV
Re: 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 by ted2marv: 11:16pm On Mar 20, 2017
Superuser:

Ur story is a Testiomony and I'll claim with faith...
My Case is Different 4 Good o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal Scholarship-bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Awards / Chams Management Trainee Aptitude Test / How High Can You Work? Check These High Altitude Jobs(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.