Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Career Advice Please - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Advice Please (624 Views)

Career Advice: Should I Leave The Private Sector For The Public Sector? / 2019 Career Advice For You / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Advice Please by FuckTheM0ds(m): 1:31pm On Mar 04, 2017
i guys I've been so apprehensive and ambivalent of my future.

I'm a 26 year old individual that graduated from the uni 6 years ago when I was just 20 but my degree was nothing to write home about due to an egregious performance (severe sickness) that barricaded me from attaining a nice cgpa (I grad with a pass degree). I lost almost a session in the hospital as I was downed with pneumonia. Thanks be to God I later recuperated and was healed completely.

with the upsurge of first class degrees in our institutions you and I know well that a pass degree would mar you from having a good job except God intervenes. I studied history and international studies.

well ever since I've been hustling and working for some enterprises with a very meagre pay and now it has finally dawn on me that I need to go back to school to revenge and i do thank God my parents have been supportive on this resilient mission.

now my worry is the course I'd chose.

can't study mass communications due to the stiff competition of employees and the ridiculous age criteria that employers set for the employees.

I wanted choosing law but the feasibility that lawyers are successful is zero except they're politicised and engage in corruption or lies so as to be financially successful.
besides the years spent added with their voluminous courses made me lose interest for it.

if I'm admitted this year I'll be 30 years when i graduate and courses in the faculty of education wouldn't affect me cos age isn't a determining factor for employment.

so pals as I'm about to register for this year's jamb, I'm in a dilemma as to chose either Education and English, Education and Religious studies or should I choose Library and information sciences.
pls anyone here whose rich with informations about those courses stated above should advise me with salient proofs as to which of 'em is the best and prolific.
and also which one would be the easiest to be retained as a graduate assistant cos My sole aim is to graduate with nothing less than first class (cos I don really vex well well)
thanks as I'm all eagerly anticipating for your opinions.
Re: Career Advice Please by sleeknick: 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2017
Bro go for a professional course oh. Something that will make you self dependent.

I studied architecture but with same cgpa... While i was at that i was learning graphics design and other computer related stuff all by myself.

Right now I'm self sufficient. I'm currently an i.t consultant to some big companies. I get jobs so much it overwhelms me... I make close to 80k weekly.

My point is instead of going back to school y don't you learn a skill and be independent. In this computer age i suggest u pick a computer related skill. Trust me u will never lack. It's always on demand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Career Advice Please by dahmie2013: 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2017
I think u want 2 be a lecturer, if dats d case, go 4 a course in d education line. U might even own a skool in d future.

(1) (Reply)

Letter To The Soon To Be Medical Houseofficers / List Of I.t Training Centers And Their Fees In Abuja...anybody With Ideas??? / Help, Please Where Can I Get BOSIET In Port Hacourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.