Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Selfishness: Man's Greatest Enemy! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Selfishness: Man's Greatest Enemy! (466 Views)

Igbo Nation Has Been Drifting Backwards Since They Made Yoruba Nation Enemy / Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent / The Greatest Black City Of The Ancient World - Thebes - City Of A Hundred Gates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Selfishness: Man's Greatest Enemy! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
An average human being is selfish and that’s a fact, whether or not you believe me. Selfishness is part of human nature!

Like I always say, you cannot change people, everybody has one short-coming or the other, and nobody is without blemish.

Almost everything in our lives is determined by how selfish we are, from our thoughts, actions and even words.

For instance, someone you know walks up to you and says, ‘’may I please borrow your book to read?’’

The first thing you tell him or her is that you are either reading it or want to read it, even when it’s obvious you don’t need that book!

Selfishness is like a disease which has eaten up the human race, and it’s so bad that it spreads from generation to generation.

Even in relationships, selfishness plays a major role why most people break up, and both parties never want to accept blames.

Selfishness is found even at work places, every worker want to do their job and mind their own businesses against the company’s interest!

The worst place I have seen selfishness first hand is at home, as siblings, everyone wants to outshine each other.

I recall when I was younger and still in secondary school, I always wanted to be the first to shower, before my other siblings.

The reason was I want to be the first to eat, as my mom made it clear you have to bathe before you could eat your food!

The water was warm, so I would rush into the bathroom to use the water alone, not thinking about others, if they bathed cold water or not!

I visited one of my secondary school mates where she lived with her parents and siblings; they lived in a block of flats.

Right after the entrance gate was a heap of dirt, probably from each flat and it was over flowing and stray dogs were not helping matters.

I asked her why they left the bin to be filled to the brim without bothering to throw them away, to prevent germs and diseases.

She said, ‘’ we are not the only one living here, let others throw them away.’’ ‘’if they don’t throw it, that is their own business.’’

I couldn’t breathe because of the stench coming from the bin, and I told her, but she could care less.

If one of you threw the bin away, would it remove anything from you? I asked her, but she just looked at me and said nothing.

Selfishness has done so many terrible things and has brought about so many regrets too which cannot be reversed!

We only think about ourselves at any point in time, how the situation will benefit us instead of someone else.

I have been selfish severally, both in my thoughts and actions, and I have come to realize that it doesn’t pay, it is destructive.

It was selfishness that led to different wars between countries and their neighbors, fighting for land and space!

Always put people first and be selfless in all that you do, there is a reward for it both here on earth and in heaven!

Source: http://www.chichiuncensored.com

1 Like

Re: Selfishness: Man's Greatest Enemy! by Redoil: 4:10pm On Mar 04, 2017
Take it or leave it selfishness is part and parcel of man life and their is nothing we can do about it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Masquerade Spotted Proposing To A Lady In Anambra / Hugs Are Too Painful I Hate Them!!! / Amabutho...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.