Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) (47107 Views)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by mekuso89(m): 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2017
you guys are stupid. going to Europe as if their is money on the tree over that useless place

1 Like

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
mekuso89:
but what's in this Europe that some body will kill him self for?
nothing bro, its just like gambling
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by Hoodfriend(m): 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2017
You made it across to Europe, we will also make it, IJN
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by Smooyis(m): 4:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
Contentment is the key. Charity begins at home. Let's stop speaking ill of our country and work towards her progress.

2 Likes

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by erico2k2(m): 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2017
namet:
Africans should stay back home and fight for their emancipation from the corrupt, thieving, mediocre, incompetent, and megalomaniac governments that plague the continent. For instance, in the case of Nigeria, instead of hopeless Nigerians going through this sort of hell in Libya and still dying, why not die at home but after making sure that people like Obasanjo, IBB, all former presidents, governors, senator - EVERY PERSON WHO'S HELD ANY POLITICAL/GOVERNMENT OFFICE are also killed and not allowed to enjoy the stolen wealth. It is called revolution, a non ethnic-based revolution that would "drain the Nigerian swamp of thieving elites." How achieve this?

If everyone takes up arms, our military does not even come close to stopping us. Imagine if 20 million men confront the less than 1 million highly incompetent Nigeria military force (with no special skills, training or equipment). Did you know most of our military people don't have any more tactical training, after their initial training when they joined the force? That is why they (our military) seem to perform ONLY if the civilians are unarmed.

It is this understanding that is responsible for how and why the ARAB SPRING succeeded in ousting those respective governments in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Yemen, etc. The military force of those countries were simply out-numbered and out-armed with superior weapons. What would happen if, for instance, groups of 2-3 million highly armed Nigerian men surround and attack ASO Rock, the 36 State houses, and key military formations/installations?

If Nigerians rise up and kill these people, no force can stop us (our military couldn't even stop Boko Haram, talkless of stopping 20 or more million people that are equally armed with superior weapons) and that is the only means by which we can return hope to our people. Ofcourse, you'd be naive to think people won't die from all sides. Many people would die but the country would be better for it, afterwards. It is called "sacrificing for the greater/common good!" We are all dying silently anyway (from lack of electricity, roads, hospitals, etc), so why not die much more honorably by stopping those who are causing the hardship? Why not die after killing your governor, senator, IBB and Obasanjo (so that you stop them from their continuous rape of the country)?

Dying that way is better than dying in the desert, in Libya, like this, allowing the looters to enjoy their lives with the loot. Did you know IBB, Obasanjo, and the rest of them collect more money than some states, monthly, from the oils wells they stole for themselves? Should it be so? Should a few people alot the resources of a country to themselves and their families while over 150 million people wallop in squalor and abject poverty and deprivation?

Ofcourse, ethnicity won't allow us to do anything like that! We can't think in this country because of ethnicity! Our youth can't think and act to correct this zoo called Nigeria because ethnicity has clouded their sense of reasoning. Oh ... we can't kill Obasanjo or IBB (to stop them from stealing from us) because they're from our village, local government, state, or ethnic group....eventhough they haven't done anything to benefit you or your ethnic group.

I cease having pity for Nigerians and Africans because we are unwilling to sacrifice for our own good. Continue to elect old and expired people and then expect the dead woods to provide jobs! Nigerians are cowards; the population is dumb, and the ethnic groups are a defeated people! No pity for Nigerians and Africans! Cowards!!!
Let me say this.u can never achieve peace by staying at home.you have to go out and make others not get to you. The freedom and enrichment enjoyed today was as a result of thier forefather who ventured unto unknown world's to hustle . These great explorers where the ones who gave the west it's advantages they are enjoying today .
Refrence purpose Read how Super Glue came to be . You will get where I'm coming from

1 Like

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by erico2k2(m): 4:37pm On Mar 06, 2017
space007:
nothing bro, its just like gambling
grin angry
Make I nor lie.of you pit Senate Job down amd for me to go to the West guy I go take the opportunity to go West any day any time..
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by guiddoti: 4:40pm On Mar 06, 2017
makdcash:
Greedy African leaders must be blame for this...death sentence to corruption or nothing..
....at least, war has been declared on them here, but some of us are still celebrating these thiefs.

1 Like

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by SirdimayG(m): 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2017
I am not understanding. What has really cause the death of those m seeing in the picture above. Somebody shed more light
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by davidif: 5:04pm On Mar 06, 2017
tunde1200:

Yeah I know but in a situation where you don't even know how to start the write up what should I do.

And at the same time scare of horrible experience along the route to Libya.
Guy let's just forget about it and continue with life.
Thank you

Find a writer to write for you. There are so many good writers in the literature section of nairaland. You can contact them via PM and narrate your story to them. Who knows? You might win a publishing right. It never hurts to try. Remember that you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by hope4life: 5:05pm On Mar 06, 2017
I've read the story from different perspectives. It's pathetic and horrific. Get these books compiled by Missionaries who served in Ouagadougou Burkina Faso. It contains experiences of these victims who shared it with them. You can get it in any Baptist bookshop. Most women were forced into prostitution and all manner of animalistic treatment. Statistics shows that only 5%made it to Europe. Many of the do undignified jobs in North Africa but gives their families back home the impression that they are in Europe.

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by Zane2point4(m): 5:06pm On Mar 06, 2017
namet:
Africans should stay back home and fight for their emancipation from the corrupt, thieving, mediocre, incompetent, and megalomaniac governments that plague the continent. For instance, in the case of Nigeria, instead of hopeless Nigerians going through this sort of hell in Libya and still dying, why not die at home but after making sure that people like Obasanjo, IBB, all former presidents, governors, senator - EVERY PERSON WHO'S HELD ANY POLITICAL/GOVERNMENT OFFICE are also killed and not allowed to enjoy the stolen wealth. It is called revolution, a non ethnic-based revolution that would "drain the Nigerian swamp of thieving elites." How achieve this?

If everyone takes up arms, our military does not even come close to stopping us. Imagine if 20 million men confront the less than 1 million highly incompetent Nigeria military force (with no special skills, training or equipment). Did you know most of our military people don't have any more tactical training, after their initial training when they joined the force? That is why they (our military) seem to perform ONLY if the civilians are unarmed.

It is this understanding that is responsible for how and why the ARAB SPRING succeeded in ousting those respective governments in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Yemen, etc. The military force of those countries were simply out-numbered and out-armed with superior weapons. What would happen if, for instance, groups of 2-3 million highly armed Nigerian men surround and attack ASO Rock, the 36 State houses, and key military formations/installations?

If Nigerians rise up and kill these people, no force can stop us (our military couldn't even stop Boko Haram, talkless of stopping 20 or more million people that are equally armed with superior weapons) and that is the only means by which we can return hope to our people. Ofcourse, you'd be naive to think people won't die from all sides. Many people would die but the country would be better for it, afterwards. It is called "sacrificing for the greater/common good!" We are all dying silently anyway (from lack of electricity, roads, hospitals, etc), so why not die much more honorably by stopping those who are causing the hardship? Why not die after killing your governor, senator, IBB and Obasanjo (so that you stop them from their continuous rape of the country)?

Dying that way is better than dying in the desert, in Libya, like this, allowing the looters to enjoy their lives with the loot. Did you know IBB, Obasanjo, and the rest of them collect more money than some states, monthly, from the oils wells they stole for themselves? Should it be so? Should a few people alot the resources of a country to themselves and their families while over 150 million people wallop in squalor and abject poverty and deprivation?

Ofcourse, ethnicity won't allow us to do anything like that! We can't think in this country because of ethnicity! Our youth can't think and act to correct this zoo called Nigeria because ethnicity has clouded their sense of reasoning. Oh ... we can't kill Obasanjo or IBB (to stop them from stealing from us) because they're from our village, local government, state, or ethnic group....eventhough they haven't done anything to benefit you or your ethnic group.

I cease having pity for Nigerians and Africans because we are unwilling to sacrifice for our own good. Continue to elect old and expired people and then expect the dead woods to provide jobs! Nigerians are cowards; the population is dumb, and the ethnic groups are a defeated people! No pity for Nigerians and Africans! Cowards!!!

Good write up brother, i can assure you many youths feel the same way as you do
What annoys me is till date obasanjo still have mouth to talk and disturb nigerians because of party nonsense, how many times have we heard past presidents like bill clinton or bush talk and take sides with party affiliation,
They will of cause, they know this is a zoo and even if obasanjo runs for an election ,the zombies might still elect him, i wonder what we did wrong to be born is this hell call NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 5:12pm On Mar 06, 2017
nerilove:
Very gory pictures. But why dont they use those money they pay for boat space and set up small scale businesses in their country? I'll say it's greed. They know how difficult it is and still want to try.

Pure greed and covetousness.

I'd imagine that anywhere in Africa, $850 is enough to start some kind of business, and definitely so in the Gambia. I know people who have started with $10 and are doing good today. This one in particular, that is teling this story must have expended at least $1,500 and his own goal is just to get there and become a parasite to the system.

What is worse is that he is not actually discouraging people from going to Europe the back way, but he is only warning them not to use the Libya route.
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by erico2k2(m): 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2017
SmartyPants:

Pure greed and covetousness.

I'd imagine that anywhere in Africa, $850 is enough to start some kind of business, and definitely so in the Gambia. I know people who have started with $10 and are doing good today. This one in particular, that is teling this story must have expended at least $1,500 and his own goal is just to get there and become a parasite to the system.

What is worse is that he is not actually discouraging people from going to Europe the back way, but he is only warning them not to use the Libya route.
Cost far less
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by Drikojigzy(m): 5:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
tunde1200:
I AM ALSO A VICTIM OF THIS LIBYA TRAVEL ROUTE.
IT IS TOTALLY DEADLY FOR ONE TO TRY IT

good day sir.. I am a filmmaker would love to meet you sir.. please contact me..

crystalfilmz@gmail.com
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by winj3: 5:33pm On Mar 06, 2017
They are all a disgrace to the continent of Africa!
the people who born them with no plan to cater for them even more disgrace!
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by guiddoti: 5:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
tunde1200:

Yeah I know but in a situation where you don't even know how to start the write up what should I do.

And at the same time scare of horrible experience along the route to Libya.
Guy let's just forget about it and continue with life.
Thank you
I Don't even belief your claim, though. Peace
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by maasoap(m): 5:57pm On Mar 06, 2017
makdcash:
Greedy African leaders must be blame for this...death sentence to corruption or nothing..
Only if you realise just how many youths whose future has been robbed still defending these corrupt leaders on nairaland. To these sets of youth, it is all about politics even if they don't have voter's cards.

1 Like

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 06, 2017
dckng16:
After someone I knew helped me to raise the money, I eventually managed to get on another boat after paying 1,200 Libyan dinar ($870, £585). "Even in crisis, Libyan dinar has more value than Naira
I thought I was the only one that saw this
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by applebee: 7:40pm On Mar 06, 2017
lol

2 Likes

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by tunde1200(m): 7:43pm On Mar 06, 2017
Drikojigzy:

good day sir.. I am a filmmaker would love to meet you sir.. please contact me..

crystalfilmz@gmail.com

really?
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by tunde1200(m): 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
guiddoti:
I Don't even belief your claim, though. Peace

Is not necessary you believe me now.
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by tunde1200(m): 7:50pm On Mar 06, 2017
hope4life:
I've read the story from different perspectives. It's pathetic and horrific. Get these books compiled by Missionaries who served in Ouagadougou Burkina Faso. It contains experiences of these victims who shared it with them. You can get it in any Baptist bookshop. Most women were forced into prostitution and all manner of animalistic treatment. Statistics shows that only 5%made it to Europe. Many of the do undignified jobs in North Africa but gives their families back home the impression that they are in Europe.

exactly
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by tunde1200(m): 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2017
davidif:

Find a writer to write for you. There are so many good writers in the literature section of nairaland. You can contact them via PM and narrate your story to them. Who knows? You might win a publishing right. It never hurts to try. Remember that you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

hmmm thanks i will try it.
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by Drikojigzy(m): 8:00pm On Mar 06, 2017
tunde1200:

really?
please sir.. I am waiting for your call o...
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by tunde1200(m): 8:15pm On Mar 06, 2017
Drikojigzy:
please sir.. I am waiting for your call o...

i will call you tomorrow presently in the office working till tomorrow morning!!
thanks
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by davidif: 8:23pm On Mar 06, 2017
tunde1200:

hmmm thanks i will try it.

No problema.

You can get a book deal or movie deal of your trip.
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by nkemjacob2(m): 8:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
i hope the useless and bastard political holders can see this pictures..... keep stealing public funds and make life uncomfortable for nigeria your generation will die young and miserably.

USELESS COUNTRY
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by remonics: 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
mekuso89:
but what's in this Europe that some body will kill him self for?
there is hope in Europe. the survival chance there is 50-50.
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by ken55: 9:08pm On Mar 06, 2017
I can totally relate to this story.

I made that journey once (or rather Twice...I actually crossed the Sahara Desert to and fro). oh....the adrenaline...the reality of living between life and death... when nothing else matters but life and the air we breathe each second that we so take for granted...

Death stares at you and you use all your will to keep your eyes open. At that point nothing else matters...you just want to get home and fall into the embrace of your loved ones. A new vista of understanding opens up to you and you begin to see life differently. I gazed into the endless distance of the desert sands one evening at sunset and i had an epiphany....hmmmm. The journey was a big mistake...but somehow I am glad I was there and back again. It was an adventure of a life time.

I Thank God I am alive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by mekuso89(m): 9:25pm On Mar 06, 2017
remonics:
there is hope in Europe. the survival chance there is 50-50.
not when you washing dead body .
some don't even come out in the day time and only at night so how will he make it there
. if that person invest that N1m in farming business here that person will be traveling to Europe often to chill

1 Like

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 06, 2017
mekuso89:

not when you washing dead body

Are those washing it complaining to you?

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by mekuso89(m): 9:31pm On Mar 06, 2017
ollah1:

Are those washing it complaining to you?

OK sorry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cynthia Precious Imhansi-Jacob Certified As Pilot By US Flight Academy / Hyena And Magnificent Antelope Spotted At Yankari Game Reserve In Bauchi. Photos / The First Plane Crash In Nigeria At Igbo Ilapa Hill In Ikogosi, Ekiti In 1942

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.