Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) (47106 Views)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by Litmus: 9:49pm On Mar 06, 2017
applebee:

Your a fool

And look at what the fools did to Libya. The West sowed the seeds of revolutionary fervour in the heads of those Libyans not already hankering after one themselves because of tribal differences with Gadafi. And when the West saw the opportunity to go after Qaddafi, to settle old relatively petty grievances, there was a ready supply of "revolutionaries" to call upon. Revolution, for that is what the coups, insurrections and ethnic strife amount to in their own small ways, is and always has been the undoing of Africa.

African nations merely need continuity (years upon years without strife) as hard and difficult as this may be to accept for the century of revolutions are way behind humanity. The world is now too interconnected for successful revolution, the Arab one was doomed to failure from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by erico2k2(m): 9:57pm On Mar 06, 2017
mekuso89:

not when you washing dead body .
some don't even come out in the day time and only at night so how will he make it there
. if that person invest that N1m in farming business here that person will be traveling to Europe often to chill
Another Ignorant kid from the bloc,I have lived abroad for up to 17 years, I have traveled from the Uk to visit friends and family in major Eu countries America and Canada,I have never seen or known anyone who washes dead Bodies,I do not know from where yah lot get that shyte from
And for your Information those who wash dead bodies will definitely be earning above £2500 after tax per month, so whats your Beef?
In your own little corner, you recon N1M is one massive fund abi
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by erico2k2(m): 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2017
Litmus:

And look at what the fools did to Libya. The West sowed the seeds of revolutionary fervour in the heads of those Libyans not already hankering after one themselves because of tribal differences with Gadafi. And when the West saw the opportunity to go after Qaddafi, to settle old relatively petty grievances, there was a ready supply of "revolutionaries" to call upon. Revolution, for that is what the coups, insurrections and ethnic strife amount to in their own small ways, is and always has been the undoing of Africa.
Today the Libyans have been barred from traveling to the US.them eye don clear.

1 Like

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by youngsahito(m): 10:50pm On Mar 06, 2017
I can only relate this to frustration and suffering in Africa
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by thonyrule(m): 10:51pm On Mar 06, 2017
ken55:
I can totally relate to this story.

I made that journey once (or rather Twice...I actually crossed the Sahara Desert to and fro). oh....the adrenaline...the reality of living between life and death... when nothing else matters but life and the air we breathe each second that we so take for granted...

Death stares at you and you use all your will to keep your eyes open. At that point nothing else matters...you just want to get home and fall into the embrace of your loved ones. A new vista of understanding opens up to you and you begin to see life differently. I gazed into the endless distance of the desert sands one evening at sunset and i had an epiphany....hmmmm. The journey was a big mistake...but somehow I am glad I was there and back again. It was an adventure of a life time.

I Thank God I am alive.

congratulations
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by jimb(m): 10:51pm On Mar 06, 2017
tunde1200:
I AM ALSO A VICTIM OF THIS LIBYA TRAVEL ROUTE.
IT IS TOTALLY DEADLY FOR ONE TO TRY IT

welcome sir
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by adellam16(f): 6:07am On Mar 07, 2017
PhilAmadeus:
Short of words.....and we av leaders in this continent.
as how? What did. D leaders do in dis? They said d route I dangerous n ur calling leaders.
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by oladimejiX: 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2017
hope4life:
I've read the story from different perspectives. It's pathetic and horrific. Get these books compiled by Missionaries who served in Ouagadougou Burkina Faso. It contains experiences of these victims who shared it with them. You can get it in any Baptist bookshop. Most women were forced into prostitution and all manner of animalistic treatment. Statistics shows that only 5%made it to Europe. Many of the do undignified jobs in North Africa but gives their families back home the impression that they are in Europe.

I will like to read these books, you pictured here, but getting a Baptist bookshop, eish! not sure I have that anywhere near me.
Anywhere one could get these books online, like place an order online.
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by suyamasta(m): 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
This is the height of desperation, this is the result of bad leadership if our country good who go one travel by force

1 Like

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by hope4life: 4:34pm On Mar 07, 2017
oladimejiX:

I will like to read these books, you pictured here, but getting a Baptist bookshop, eish! not sure I have that anywhere near me.

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by hope4life: 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2017
oladimejiX:

There is no website in the book. You can make order and they send it to you. They are about 6series. The whole cost shouldn't be up to 1500.They are small books. Cross of Christ Communication 08033704933.The Publications Department. Baptist Building PMB 5113,Oke Bola Dugbe Ibadan07029298465. The publisher of the book ema:ajacobrachel@yahoo.com.Thats the third series.

Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by DBlackCeazer(m): 12:41am On Mar 16, 2017
ojimbo:
no it is wood which they use as a support while hanging on the pick up toyota bus
funny
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2019
YUNGLURD:
irrespective of the condition i find myself, i dnt think i can embark on a journey through this deadly means...to scale through is like 2/10

African leaders re just wicked!

no be prick i dey see so?
why are you so gay?
Re: An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) by hollerbaby: 7:23pm On May 12, 2020
oladimejiX:

If you are in lagos. They have one in d Baptist compound, obanikoro by the pedestrian bridge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cynthia Precious Imhansi-Jacob Certified As Pilot By US Flight Academy / Hyena And Magnificent Antelope Spotted At Yankari Game Reserve In Bauchi. Photos / The First Plane Crash In Nigeria At Igbo Ilapa Hill In Ikogosi, Ekiti In 1942

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.