Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

The simplicity of getting married. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The simplicity of getting married. (32008 Views)

They Met On Twitter, Now They Are Getting Married / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? / The Simplicity Of Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Abagworo(m): 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2017
Mr OP you are very very funny. Marriage is beyond your gimmicks

2 Likes

Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 16, 2017
The OP is like an agbero in this area. He's an unmarried bachelor n his 40s who has never married.

His advice hasn't helped him in life, don't be a guinea pig.
Take marriage advice from him at your peril.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The simplicity of getting married. by DavidEsq(m): 11:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
ObinzeRoyEmeka:
May the whole of your generation suffer severe leprosy. Your mortuary attentand father throw your junior sister inside a soak-away after he got drunk on cheap burukutu. No wonder you are born dead-brain. Your bridge sweeper mother inherited being a slut from her mother and you inherited _whoredom From her too so I'm not suprise at you giving blow_job to street beggers for just a box of snuff.

If you have a brain thats functioning you should know Fuckshit Has d right to post whatever he feels like. But you lack common sense. Hence all you ever know is to steal from your customers after they take you home for day break sexual romp. No wonder your kleptomaniac father was burnt alive at Jakanra market when trying to pick the some of #175 from an unsuspecting individual.

May the causes of your lineage befall you!
Holy man from Daura! Uncle why are u so dope with grammar but very wicked like dis na.

1 Like

Re: The simplicity of getting married. by neocortex: 11:50pm On Mar 16, 2017
dacblogger:
Marriage is a huge scam...pple just do it for the sake of the society and reproducing.

Are you married ?
Have you been scammed ?
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by DavidEsq(m): 11:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
OkoYiboz:
The OP is like an agbero in this area. He's an unmarried bachelor n his 40s who has never married.

See slaying! Are u a slayking? cry
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 16, 2017
Ladies loves to do a long case study on the guys they wish to marry... However you can't know a man or a woman fully. On my own perspective to have a long lasting marriage especially in this present world you will have to take your spouse as a friend and vice versa. Moreso have a basis for your marriage.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 16, 2017
Alesandese:
Could you pls desist from using the 'f' word all the time? You are shouting at your audiencesmiley

he can't his consistency in using the F word is part of his signature. He's not cursing at you that's just his trademark
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Acidosis(m): 11:59pm On Mar 16, 2017
You can never truly know anyone completely whether you spend a week or a century together. Nevertheless it is ideal to get the basic knowledge about your partner before saying "I do".

Getting married is way simpler than divorce. Divorce is not easy so don't make it sound easy. The time you don't want to spend knowing your partner, you will end up spending that time running to the magistrate and counselors when things turn out badly!

Do not rush in... You might rush out!

You don't have to live with someone to understand their basic lifestyle. In fact, it is better to study someone from afar before accepting to date or court them. Study your partner, study the family they hail from. Ensure you know your partner's siblings and parents before accepting that ring.

The ladies should take this advice more seriously. They are usually the worst hit when things change! Do not allow a man send you out of the house with 3 kids! Do not say you're not warned. Follow a man's step at your own risk. A 40 year old married man can disguise anytime and claim the single status. But you a woman cannot hide for too long. You all deserve good marriages.. your children deserve better...

A man at any age can bring home pros.titutes when his marriage crashes! But you a woman, because of your children, would have to spend the rest of your life running and hiding in guest houses just to protect your dignity and the shame that comes with the act.

Make I rest here

1 Like

Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 16, 2017
Alesandese:
If you aren't a deadbeat grotesque son of an orangutan you would have known that fvckshit and i were having a friendly conversation. And I pointed out what his frequent use of the 'f' word meant. But no your dried up brain couldn't figure that out morronic son of a bimbo. Your brain processed only the word its accustomed to. I blame your father whose role of fatherhood stopped at being a sperm donor! If only the useless drunk had pulled out we would have been saved yet another wasted entity.

Motherfucking son of a road side biitch spewing trash! may thunder strike you are your pathetic generation!

Idiota cheesy

1 Like

Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Sikay19(m): 12:08am On Mar 17, 2017
I want to marry at the age of 23 . what is your view about this. hope it is not too early @Toks
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by marltech: 12:15am On Mar 17, 2017
quiet amazing
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 17, 2017
For me two questions is this person adding value to my life. Can I handle my children sharing the same personality etc

This helped me stay away from deep end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The simplicity of getting married. by pocohantas(f): 12:17am On Mar 17, 2017
You keep speaking from two sides of your mouth.
Dating beyond one year is for kids?!

Then on another thread you'll be the same person advising ladies to wait on their man. If the guy wants to marry the girl, but for specific reasons he can't, most especially financial stability...what does she do?
Move over to the next guy and date for another one year maybe.

Short courtship doesn't guarantee happiness, neither does a long one. People should take their time to make a life decision.
Ladies especially should take their time.

The world isn't fair on women during marital break-ups, OP isn't even married. If you're so knowledgeable on how relationship works, why hasn't it worked for you...

Imagine mentioning fornication, deceit and GOD in the same post...smh
Don't come for me with your comments, you'll be ignored.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The simplicity of getting married. by bababodmas(m): 12:17am On Mar 17, 2017
Alesandese:
Getting married is easy, staying in marriage is the hard nut. Both genders should take their time to get that near perfect one they can spend their lives with. smiley

Ma'am... This ur profile pic ehn..... I just weak for here
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by stagger: 12:29am On Mar 17, 2017
Toks2008:
Each time I hear people talk about getting married as one big task I just shake my head at their ignorance.

Ask any single guy or lady of advanced marriageable age why s/he is still single and you are certain to hear words like..."I'm taking my time,can't rush in and rush out,I need to be sure I'm with the right person...." but the question is ;"Does the fact that you are extremely careful in choosing a spouse guarantees a happy marriage?

Getting married is the easiest task anyone can accomplish and far easier than complicated courtship but we tend to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

You can't be too careful or careless when it comes to your choice of spouse because there is no good or bad choice but what we have is "YOUR CHOICE". Good people can turn very bad and a great courtship is no guaranty of a great marriage so take the risk and stop wasting your time in the name of "being careful"

So if you are a man or lady who is really interested in getting married then read this.

1.For the guys
:

Ask yourself some vital questions about the type of woman you want,her tribe,physical attributes as well as inherent attributes and so on and don't just try out every lady in skirt.

Understand that whatever pleases your eyes will inadvertently please your soul so go for a lady that catches your fancy physically, ask her some basic questions about her persona,do a quick background check on her and if you are ok with your findings just take the risk as long as you can feed yourself and one more person and also have a place of your own.

If you can afford a lavish wedding then go ahead but if not talk to your woman about doing a small wedding by paying her bride price and going to the registry while you both plan for a bigger wedding.

If she refuses then help her foolishness by enjoying wify duties from her while she continues to wait but if she accepts your plan please go ahead and marry her and try to work out your differences...

Remember that you can never know a woman but you can only try to understand her gradually only when you start living together.

And remember that though GOD hates divorce,there is always an option of walking away from the marriage if needs be.

2.For the ladies
:

Save your self the bull poo of dating and courtship...it's a total waste of time cos it's no guaranty of a happy union.

Except you are a teenager or in your adolescent when dating is mostly just for the fun of it,if you are really interested in a purposeful affair then you don't need to court any guy for more than a year.

If you see a guy you have strong desire for and he says he wants you,...do a quick background check on him and if you are ok with your findings..take that risk and go for it...

Stop complicating your life about doing an expensive wedding by fire by force...you can always do that latter but if the money is available then go ahead with the wedding of your dreams

I have seen many guys and ladies despite their over Sabi and meticulous courtship still break up with their spouse so why fool yourself.

If you like continue to waste your time looking for the ideal man and fooling yourself in the name of courtship while actually getting used by the guy.

Dating and long courtship is for boys and girls who just want to catch fun.
No matter how hard you try and how long you court a man, you can never truly know any man until you start living with him and a guy that truly wants you as a wife does not need any yeye long courtship with you.

Marriage is overrated so stop killing yourself trying to be in the best marriage...just take the risk...if it favors you,stay and if it becomes unbearable,take a bow so why waste your time trying to be too careful when you can never be sure of getting an ideal man or woman no matter how careful you may be.

My take.

You are obviously not married. I did a long courtship and I can tell you that my wife and I have achieved great things together with more to come. Marriage is a great institution if you make the right choices.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The simplicity of getting married. by marltech: 12:30am On Mar 17, 2017
I have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearable tears into something bearable, even hopeful.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 17, 2017
Toks2008:

I have lost friends who tend to be myopic as regards my articles. ..they juxtapose my realistic threads to who I am and I'm sorry I can't help them on that.

I'm a realist and I dont write things to favor the way they ought to be rather I write stuffs the way they are.

I hate divorce but what if I marry today and the lady decides to divorce me against all odds would you blame me for that? does it not take two to tango?

People have blamed Chris oyakhilome for his wife's decision to divorce him and I keep wondering how people see things.

If you like preach about marital chastity but that does not change the fact that people leave their marriage daily and if a lady is too careful about getting married because she hates divorce then she should rather remain single for life cos shits happen in marriage even if you the lady is an angel.

My point is simple

Take the risk and dare the consequence rather than being careful forever which is never a guaranty of good marriage.

You some marriage counselor or something?
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by TinaAnita(f): 12:40am On Mar 17, 2017
Marriage wahala
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by emekaesc(m): 12:45am On Mar 17, 2017
watch this funny video from upcoming comedies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtEjtXg3-P8
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 17, 2017
YES! what an excellent idea smiley cheesy
FTBOY:
so what do you suggest? for men to have baby mamas and have kids by single parents or an orphanage?
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by bestspoke: 1:00am On Mar 17, 2017
pocohantas:
You keep speaking from two sides of your mouth.
Dating beyond one year is for kids?!

Then on another thread you'll be the same person advising ladies to wait on their man. If the guy wants to marry the girl, but for specific reasons, most especially financial stability...what does she do?
Move over to the next guy and date for another one year maybe.

Short courtship doesn't guarantee happiness, neither does a lonone. People should take their time to make a life decision.
Ladies especially should take their time.

The world isn't fair on women during marital break-ups, OP isn't even married. If you're so knowledgeable on how relationship works, why hasn't it worked for you...

Imagine mentioning fornication, deceit and GOD in the same post...smh
Don't come for me with your comments, you'll be ignored.

Me just wan say "weh done ma" cheesy...waiting for your real dp...shey you'll let us see yourreal face oneday.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 1:01am On Mar 17, 2017
Sorry I can't date or have a courtship less than a year. Kolewerk! undecidedMine is 4 years at least before tieing the knot. smiley
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by WiserPrince(m): 1:03am On Mar 17, 2017
ItsQuinn:
Sorry I can't date or have a courtship less than a year. Kolewerk! undecidedMine is 4 years at least before tieing the knot. smiley
Can I meet you, am a cool guy
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by EYIBLESSN(m): 1:06am On Mar 17, 2017
Toks2008:

Many ladies will remain single for long cos of this mindset.

You can't know a man until you live with him and it will be foolish to live with a man you are not married to

Sarcastically sarcastic
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 17, 2017
Thank you for that question. Like I seriously don't get it either
SmartMugu:
Let's just be realistic for a moment. What the purpose of marriage? If just having baby-mamas fills the gap, why overrate marriage like it's a do or die thing?
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 1:08am On Mar 17, 2017
Sorry I already have a bf smiley
WiserPrince:

Can I meet you, am a cool guy
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 17, 2017
You just pointed out the real truth of his agenda. Listen to the op at your own risk sad
OkoYiboz:

Re: The simplicity of getting married. by WiserPrince(m): 1:12am On Mar 17, 2017
ItsQuinn:
Sorry I already have a bf smiley
Ok that's good. We can still be friends, am different I don't try to date everyone I meet
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 1:14am On Mar 17, 2017
Sorry I'm a lone wolf.... I don't have friends and I don't plan on starting now. Take care smiley Good morning.
WiserPrince:

Ok that's good. We can still be friends, am different I don't try to date everyone I meet

1 Like

Re: The simplicity of getting married. by WiserPrince(m): 1:21am On Mar 17, 2017
ItsQuinn:
Sorry I'm a lone wolf.... I don't have friends and I don't plan on starting now. Take care smiley Good morning.
Ok no p, I respect ur decisions, do u mind Linkin me to a friend. Promise to be cool
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 17, 2017
dacblogger:
Marriage is a huge scam...pple just do it for the sake of the society and reproducing.

I concur, as you con be female i foh finish.
#respect

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stevin Babyking Dating 85-Year-Old White Woman, Blasts Haters (photos) / At Age 23 Still Scared Of Asking A Girl Out / Soldier Proposes To His Girlfriend In A Restaurant. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.