Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

The simplicity of getting married. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The simplicity of getting married. (32009 Views)

They Met On Twitter, Now They Are Getting Married / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? / The Simplicity Of Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 17, 2017
dacblogger:
Marriage is a huge scam...pple just do it for the sake of the society and reproducing.
not even society anymore, only reproduction seek.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by RichnNice247(m): 8:30am On Mar 17, 2017
Toks2008:

All these talks of I can't rush bla bla bla is exactly why many people remain single at over ripe ages...

I can know at least enough about you good enough to decide if I should take the risk of marring you or not in just a month.

If you want to know the persona of a potential spouse then do your due diligence by finding out about her from friends, family members,neighbors, work place and if possible,the ex...even if there could be some defamation at least you will have a clue.

What we see these days are sex starved people looking for a sex partner in the name of dating and courtship without vivid steps to be together in matrimony.

A man knows right from the first day he sees a lady if there is a good chance of marrying her so what should any lady waste her time dating a clueless guy for long while the guy is just catching his fun with her and enjoying free intimacy that should be enjoyed in marriage.

Except for the sake of fun,no reasonable courtship should be more than 3 months to a year max.

Lalasticlala I guess this is insightful enough.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by RichnNice247(m): 8:44am On Mar 17, 2017
Toks2008:

All these talks of I can't rush bla bla bla is exactly why many people remain single at over ripe ages...

I can know at least enough about you good enough to decide if I should take the risk of marring you or not in just a month.

If you want to know the persona of a potential spouse then do your due diligence by finding out about her from friends, family members,neighbors, work place and if possible,the ex...even if there could be some defamation at least you will have a clue.

What we see these days are sex starved people looking for a sex partner in the name of dating and courtship without vivid steps to be together in matrimony.

A man knows right from the first day he sees a lady if there is a good chance of marrying her so what should any lady waste her time dating a clueless guy for long while the guy is just catching his fun with her and enjoying free intimacy that should be enjoyed in .

Except for the sake of fun,no reasonable courtship should be more than 3 months to a year max.

Lalasticlala I guess this is insightful enough.[quote author=RichnNice247 post=54668096]
RichnNice247:
[/quote Honestly this is one of the most interesting posts I've read this morning. That said, I quite agree with d OP. Any serious or right thinking man/woman who is serious about settling down will know right from the moment he/she meets the one. Women/men can live in pretence for as long as possible so dating a person for so long in d name of "I want to know him very well" does not hold waters. Like the OP said, anything from 3months of being with ur person is a well enuf period to know the basic things that needs to be known in a potential spouse. There's more to marriage than the physical attributes. For most men, No matter how attractive, beautiful n elegant a woman is, once he sleeps with her so many times, those attributes won't mean anything to him anymore. So I so much agree with the OP to not waste time having very long courtship all in d name of I want to know him or her too well. No marriage is perfect. Compatibility is what is Paramount.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by chiboyo(m): 8:50am On Mar 17, 2017
FvckShiT:

The O.P has got some good points you know..

He just wants to get things over with..

lol ..Calm

So you can be normal??
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 17, 2017
I think this piece is not for serious adult who want to get married or else na one chance. Even if I'm in my late 40s I will still want to date till not less than 4years before I'm sure of marrying the person. Nothing can change my mind, not even this crappy post you posted up there grin
Toks2008:

This piece is not for teenage girls or girls who just want to grace the beds of guys for the fun of it but it's for adults who are focused and ready for marriage.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 17, 2017
Where did the 16 come from? undecided
fuckerstard:

4x-4 = -16 shocked

Re: The simplicity of getting married. by chiboyo(m): 8:57am On Mar 17, 2017
ItsQuinn:
I think this piece is not for serious adult who want to get married or else na one chance. Even if I'm in my late 40s I will still want to date till not less than 4years before I'm sure of marrying the person. Nothing can change my mind, not even this crappy post you posted up there grin

You are obviously a teenager!!
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 17, 2017
That's a big lie from the pit of hell. Who you one fool cheesy grin
Toks2008:

What you can not know in months of courtship may never be known in years of courtship.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by RichnNice247(m): 8:58am On Mar 17, 2017
ItsQuinn:
Ma'am, I assure u the very moment you meet that right guy, something in you will alert you. It works like magic. The only issue with today's marriages is that pple marry for the very wrong reasons. Like u said (which I know u were joking), so after dating a guy for 4 years n it doesn't work out, u will also date the next guy for atleast 4 years? Haba! 3months to 1 year is more than well enuf. Compatibility is paramount.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 17, 2017
You talk am grin[quote author=watered post=54664157][/quote]
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 17, 2017
I thought I was the only one noticing this shit sad
Compared to the other post he posted. its very hard for me to take him seriously grin
Korrection:
You are contradicting yourself....
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by omojeesu(m): 9:12am On Mar 17, 2017
Toks2008:
Each time I hear people talk about getting married as one big task I just shake my head at their ignorance.

Ask any single guy or lady of advanced marriageable age why s/he is still single and you are certain to hear words like..."I'm taking my time,can't rush in and rush out,I need to be sure I'm with the right person...." but the question is ;"Does the fact that you are extremely careful in choosing a spouse guarantees a happy marriage?

Getting married is the easiest task anyone can accomplish and far easier than complicated courtship but we tend to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

You can't be too careful or careless when it comes to your choice of spouse because there is no good or bad choice but what we have is "YOUR CHOICE". Good people can turn very bad and a great courtship is no guaranty of a great marriage so take the risk and stop wasting your time in the name of "being careful"

So if you are a man or lady who is really interested in getting married then read this.

1.For the guys
:

Ask yourself some vital questions about the type of woman you want,her tribe,physical attributes as well as inherent attributes and so on and don't just try out every lady in skirt.

Understand that whatever pleases your eyes will inadvertently please your soul so go for a lady that catches your fancy physically, ask her some basic questions about her persona,do a quick background check on her and if you are ok with your findings just take the risk as long as you can feed yourself and one more person and also have a place of your own.

If you can afford a lavish wedding then go ahead but if not talk to your woman about doing a small wedding by paying her bride price and going to the registry while you both plan for a bigger wedding.

If she refuses then help her foolishness by enjoying wify duties from her while she continues to wait but if she accepts your plan please go ahead and marry her and try to work out your differences...

Remember that you can never know a woman but you can only try to understand her gradually only when you start living together.

And remember that though GOD hates divorce,there is always an option of walking away from the marriage if needs be.

2.For the ladies
:

Save your self the bull poo of dating and courtship...it's a total waste of time cos it's no guaranty of a happy union.

Except you are a teenager or in your adolescent when dating is mostly just for the fun of it,if you are really interested in a purposeful affair then you don't need to court any guy for more than a year.

If you see a guy you have strong desire for and he says he wants you,...do a quick background check on him and if you are ok with your findings..take that risk and go for it...

Stop complicating your life about doing an expensive wedding by fire by force...you can always do that latter but if the money is available then go ahead with the wedding of your dreams

I have seen many guys and ladies despite their over Sabi and meticulous courtship still break up with their spouse so why fool yourself.

If you like continue to waste your time looking for the ideal man and fooling yourself in the name of courtship while actually getting used by the guy.

Dating and long courtship is for boys and girls who just want to catch fun.
No matter how hard you try and how long you court a man, you can never truly know any man until you start living with him and a guy that truly wants you as a wife does not need any yeye long courtship with you.

Marriage is overrated so stop killing yourself trying to be in the best marriage...just take the risk...if it favors you,stay and if it becomes unbearable,take a bow so why waste your time trying to be too careful when you can never be sure of getting an ideal man or woman no matter how careful you may be.

My take.

Useful. But not that simple. Thanks.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 17, 2017
I wasn't joking mister....after I date for 4 years and it doesn't work out, I will still date for 4 years again, and if it doesn't work out then I know marriage is not for me. Marriage is not for everybody so no big deal smiley
RichnNice247:

Ma'am, I assure u the very moment you meet that right guy, something in you will alert you. It works like magic. The only issue with today's marriages is that pple marry for the very wrong reasons. Like u said (which I know u were joking), so after dating a guy for 4 years n it doesn't work out, u will also date the next guy for atleast 4 years? Haba! 3months to 1 year is more than well enuf. Compatibility is paramount.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 17, 2017
That's your own cup of tea. I'm in my early 20s will soon enter my mid 20s tongue
chiboyo:

You are obviously a teenager!!
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by unmask: 9:19am On Mar 17, 2017
He was making sense.. .till he mentioned tribe
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by RichnNice247(m): 9:22am On Mar 17, 2017
ItsQuinn:
I wasn't joking mister....after I date for 4 years and it doesn't work out, I will still date for 4 years again, and if it doesn't work out then I know marriage is not for me. Marriage is not for everybody so no big deal smiley
Obviously marriage by default is not for everyone neither is it a do or die affair, but I assure you, the day you meet ur mister right..all these ur perceptions will change. Think positively and know that there's power in the words of ur own mouth. Wish urself well.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Amenphx: 9:49am On Mar 17, 2017
Marriage is more of a place of Tolerance, Patience and Endurance. So if u can not a type that is ready to endure, tolerate and be patient u can never marry and stay in the marriage.
I think before one should go for marriage He or She need to ask if these three qualities is in his or her life, if not u will marry today no matter how beautiful or handsome you will still find yourself walking away like my friend said.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Souljaboi1: 9:58am On Mar 17, 2017
Toks2008:
Each time I hear people talk about getting married as one big task I just shake my head at their ignorance.

Ask any single guy or lady of advanced marriageable age why s/he is still single and you are certain to hear words like..."I'm taking my time,can't rush in and rush out,I need to be sure I'm with the right person...." but the question is ;"Does the fact that you are extremely careful in choosing a spouse guarantees a happy marriage?

Getting married is the easiest task anyone can accomplish and far easier than complicated courtship but we tend to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

You can't be too careful or careless when it comes to your choice of spouse because there is no good or bad choice but what we have is "YOUR CHOICE". Good people can turn very bad and a great courtship is no guaranty of a great marriage so take the risk and stop wasting your time in the name of "being careful"

So if you are a man or lady who is really interested in getting married then read this.

1.For the guys
:

Ask yourself some vital questions about the type of woman you want,her tribe,physical attributes as well as inherent attributes and so on and don't just try out every lady in skirt.

Understand that whatever pleases your eyes will inadvertently please your soul so go for a lady that catches your fancy physically, ask her some basic questions about her persona,do a quick background check on her and if you are ok with your findings just take the risk as long as you can feed yourself and one more person and also have a place of your own.

If you can afford a lavish wedding then go ahead but if not talk to your woman about doing a small wedding by paying her bride price and going to the registry while you both plan for a bigger wedding.

If she refuses then help her foolishness by enjoying wify duties from her while she continues to wait but if she accepts your plan please go ahead and marry her and try to work out your differences...

Remember that you can never know a woman but you can only try to understand her gradually only when you start living together.

And remember that though GOD hates divorce,there is always an option of walking away from the marriage if needs be.

2.For the ladies
:

Save your self the bull poo of dating and courtship...it's a total waste of time cos it's no guaranty of a happy union.

Except you are a teenager or in your adolescent when dating is mostly just for the fun of it,if you are really interested in a purposeful affair then you don't need to court any guy for more than a year.

If you see a guy you have strong desire for and he says he wants you,...do a quick background check on him and if you are ok with your findings..take that risk and go for it...

Stop complicating your life about doing an expensive wedding by fire by force...you can always do that latter but if the money is available then go ahead with the wedding of your dreams

I have seen many guys and ladies despite their over Sabi and meticulous courtship still break up with their spouse so why fool yourself.

If you like continue to waste your time looking for the ideal man and fooling yourself in the name of courtship while actually getting used by the guy.

Dating and long courtship is for boys and girls who just want to catch fun.
No matter how hard you try and how long you court a man, you can never truly know any man until you start living with him and a guy that truly wants you as a wife does not need any yeye long courtship with you.

Marriage is overrated so stop killing yourself trying to be in the best marriage...just take the risk...if it favors you,stay and if it becomes unbearable,take a bow so why waste your time trying to be too careful when you can never be sure of getting an ideal man or woman no matter how careful you may be.

My take.

Davide470 Ferdy Amicable
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by omhor(f): 10:38am On Mar 17, 2017
OP it seems you were once married or still in marriage, because you av bulky knowledge of marriage. Big kudos to you.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by rosalieene(f): 10:40am On Mar 17, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
lolz....nice one..no dulling..so what next after service.. Masters or work?
both of them
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Jammiiee(m): 10:43am On Mar 17, 2017
Do u even know that that time they're taking favours the guys more. But that time can be divided into two.

1. " I'm still taking my time "
while courting , you're not sure you both will end up together but you've spent more than a year doing combined service with each other but you're still taking your time smiley while your value gradually fades in his mind .

2. " We're still still taking our time "

You've both passed the stage of courtship, have assessed each other well and confirmed that both of you will end up together but he is not well funded atm, hence waiting to have the financial capacity to start a life for two .

To be sincere, it shouldn't take up to a year for a guy or a lady to know if they are both going to end up together. If it passes one year at most and you're still not sure, that's un seriousness . undecided

He will soon chicken-out of the relationship angry undecided because, he's tired of you but just pretending lipsrsealed

Toks2008:

If you like take all the time in the world...it's still no guaranty..

You can only take your time to get a lady that is srxually appealing to you but a good lady can turn bad.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 17, 2017
Toks2008:

A realist.
How long have you been married?
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Jammiiee(m): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2017
Sister get Toks right. At that point u accept to date a guy, you must have assessed him and he must have scored your first marks for someone u may likely end up with. That was why you accepted to date him angry .Now you start dating him, you don't need so much of a time to know if he is worth ending up with or not. That shouldn't take time undecided
What is she waiting for again
Alesandese:
Of course one shouldn't suffer in marriage for the sake of the children but the innocent lives are entitled to a happy and complete home. So why not take your time to set things right before bringing them in.

Sure anything can happen in marriage but this is where the love and friendship the marriage was built on plays its role. How do you build such friendship / love your proposed period of time?

Like I stated earlier, Marriage is more than cohabiting! smiley
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by babyfaceafrica: 10:54am On Mar 17, 2017
rosalieene:

both of them
hmmmm..hope you can cope sha..which state are u based?
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 17, 2017
Toks2008:

Now put your left hand on your head, raise the right one up and repeat these words after me very loudly like one who is shouting for help after being kidnapped by boko haram..

"MY FATHER MY FATHER,every enemy of my life preventing me from having common sense...die by fire"....

You're a funny dude.

Baba, go marry before you come dey confuse these small boys for Nairaland.
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by viktor01(m): 12:35pm On Mar 17, 2017
Toks2008:

You just nailed it...booty call and that is why it gets do frustrating

I claim to be in courtship but what I'm actually doing is sampling...I'm trying to see how good she screws in bed and how sweet her body structure feels in my hands....is that courtship?

Even with real courtship you tend to miss out on many things.

See let's not fool ourselves...a man knows if he will posibly marry a lady he sees for the very first time...we know what we want so that courtship thing is just a facade we use to sample ladies.

Correct talk..
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 17, 2017
FvckShiT:

....and so fůcking what grin
this should b curse... Sorry
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by rosalieene(f): 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
hmmmm..hope you can cope sha..which state are u based?
by God's grace I will
I reside in lagos
Re: The simplicity of getting married. by babyfaceafrica: 3:51pm On Mar 17, 2017
rosalieene:

by God's grace I will
I reside in lagos
good,nothing do you ,reside in Lagos too,started masters in UI.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldier Proposes To His Girlfriend In A Restaurant. Photos / I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? / Do You Do This Too As A Single Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.