Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos (87782 Views)

Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos / Gabriel Igbinedion Poses By His Luxury Car / Oba Obateru Akinruntan's Rolls Royce (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by ebioloye1: 5:10am On Mar 05, 2017
omenkaLives:
Why's the car looking dirty? sad

What the hell have the palace servants been up to?

This is unacceptable! angry

From osun state to lagos is far and is raining season.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by omoyahaya(m): 5:11am On Mar 05, 2017
Epositive:
i'm sure the "bouncers" sitting around the king are fully loaded with charms.... the lord is their strength

#positivevibes
.now tell me how it take concern you

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by October1960: 5:48am On Mar 05, 2017
Nonsense. African emptiness.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by money1st: 5:58am On Mar 05, 2017
omenkaLives:
Why's the car looking dirty? sad

What the hell have the palace servants been up to?

This is unacceptable! angry

They must have traveled from ile ife (osun state) to redemption Camp (Lagos ibadan xpress way)
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 05, 2017
otipoju:

The Oba has no real power oo. Except what is permitted by the governor

You're right. He has no real POLITICAL power, but I'm sure he's powerful in other ways, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Besides our obas are custodians of our culture and tradition.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by hitman2911: 6:55am On Mar 05, 2017
Pidgin2:
Imagine they can't even make him remove his cap, this cannot happen in the Catholic Church, you will remove your cap by force.

What of the bishops and popes who always cap. What is the reason for their cap wearing?
I have seen many traditional rulers in the catholic church who wear their caps during mass.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by iglimen: 7:16am On Mar 05, 2017
HungerBAD:
Best OBA of them all.

A proud representative of the Yoruba People. The Custodian of the oldest,bravest and most respected tribe in Africa.

The most respected Monarch in Nigeria. It is not like some tribes,where money is used to by kingship.

The most respected monarch in Nigeria/Africa is the OBA of Benin.... go ask your parents

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by Nature8(m): 7:19am On Mar 05, 2017
I love that car..
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by shewa88(f): 7:26am On Mar 05, 2017
newbornmacho:

This is not about bigotry, but about disrespect for the divine, you people railed about ezendigbo entering the deji's palace with his crown but you love the ooni entering the church of the living God with his entire court.... False pastor Adeboye is to blame. I repeat , if I curse this I'd***t he will die young. But why bother.
And you think you have the power to curse him to death?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by princetom1(m): 7:49am On Mar 05, 2017
Lord have mercy, religion will take any shit to stay relevant
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by mcquin(m): 7:50am On Mar 05, 2017
Huddler:

Your type can be easily brainwashed.

How will religion solve the problems we have in africa?
what has caused the problem of extremism? Find the cause and the cure crops up. Yorubas lifestyle of accommodation has provided empirical proof that living and let live; accommodating one another is solution to the world crisis. My guy stop the hating. How does loving various people result in brainwashing? How many Yorubas have you seen brainwashed into involving in Bokoharam? America today creates room for various people with various belief and lifestyle to live in; Lagos does same; that is civilisation and not all this backward reasoning of hate. Even in Benin, Christian and Muslims live peacefully especially in Aduwawa area; have they been brainwashed? Auchi has a good population of Muslims, has the Christians been brainwashed? In Ebonyi, there is an Islamic school; on your way through to Afikpo; have the Christians there started bombing? Live and let live. You know the truth, do not let hate blind you, cause what you write here, the world see it and may use it against you sometime if future when you need the goodwill of everyone.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 05, 2017
Fowuzo76:
what western culture are we adopting? that the nigga should have taken off his useless cap in the presence of the almighty is a sign dat we have abandoned our old ways? I wont continue to dignify ur ignorance.
Yoruba Kings dont remove their cap. Even Adeboye knows that. Dont mix culture with religion.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by TheLawTheLegal: 8:07am On Mar 05, 2017
sarrki:

A Muslim can wear a cap in the church coz he didn't believe in what you believe in.

A Christian can wear a shoe to the mosque if he wish only out of respect will he pull it

Stop all this holier than thou stuff

so the Oba can wear is cap to a church because he doesn't believe in the Christian God??

You sound confused really.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by Lilimax(f): 8:13am On Mar 05, 2017
CplusJason:
I can only see this shape.
opiolo mango grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 05, 2017
newbornmacho:
Very stpid I'd**t , is he bringing his smelly entourage to set up court in the palace of the king of kings? This boy is a big fool. If I curse him he wouldn't last on that throne , but...whatever. And the useless redeemed people gave him a special front seat, why I will fight denominationalism to the bitter end.
which yeye palace?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by Olu317(m): 9:08am On Mar 05, 2017
KissChrixx:

And what are the principles of life? undecided
GIVE WHAT BELONG TO GOD TO GOD AND GIVE WHAT BELONGS TO CESAR TO CESAR....
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by dodelight(m): 9:13am On Mar 05, 2017
newbornmacho:
Very stpid I'd**t , is he bringing his smelly entourage to set up court in the palace of the king of kings? This boy is a big fool. If I curse him he wouldn't last on that throne , but...whatever. And the useless redeemed people gave him a special front seat, why I will fight denominationalism to the bitter end.
Do you even know God at all? I know you are a religious person- or, at least, so you sounded. But I'm sure someone who has a good relationship with the King of kings won't make that kind of comment, twas so filled with bitterness. Please find God
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by Defcon1(m): 9:23am On Mar 05, 2017
HungerBAD:
Best OBA of them all.

A proud representative of the Yoruba People. The Custodian of the oldest,bravest and most respected tribe in Africa.

The most respected Monarch in Nigeria. It is not like some tribes,where money is used to by kingship.

You were making sense till your last sentence.
And l guess you are in church today singing praises and making supplication...with hate in your heart.
it's well
#continu.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by AlNur: 9:28am On Mar 05, 2017
HungerBAD:
Best OBA of them all.

Ewu how can you be proud of a king that dragged an old kingship to church?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by buchibrand(m): 9:28am On Mar 05, 2017
bayinq25:
Well,this is one of the reasons so called Christians are hypocrites.They're just Christians because they want people to know they're holier than you.How do you know i'm not a true Christian?Have you checked yourself thoroughly?Well i'll answer your questions coming from the pits of your intellectual myopia:A Christian is anyone who choses to be christ-like in his dealings and follow the true commandments written in the scripture like not judging others when you don't know them.Work on yourself.Remember,your conscience is all youve got with you right now.Woe unto hypocrites like you.

Unfortunately christianity is not a religion and being a christian is not as a result of being a member of a religious organisation.
Christianity is a lifestyle, they were called Christians because they were living, walking, working, talking Like-Christ. So if you have the lifestyle of Christ and working to be like Christ daily you can never say you are ashamed to introduce yourself as a Christian(christ-follow). You can't be ashamed of Christ!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by kjhova(m): 9:33am On Mar 05, 2017
opribo:

So is church no longer the house of God? When you enter the of house of a mortal king you show obeisance how much more the Almighty.What if the oni has used that opportunity to show everybody that he is a man who respects God by following the rule and off his hat and show humility. Dont you know that God can strike him even as he is sitting down there. God does not share HIS glory with anybody and HE is no respecter of persons. Wise people all over the world who have understood this thing that we and i mean all of us living on this earth are only living on borrowed time, none is promised tomorrow even the Oni cannot boast of tomorrow because it is in God hands. Only HIM can say what will be and what will not be.

The Oni would have stood out if he did something unusual as a younger traditional head but pride wont let him. Humility cost nothing but gains much.

I am not quite sure that you got my point unless you chose to ignore it. Ooni came to honour God and the church programme and he didn't do anything to desecrate anything.

If it is about the crown on his head, you will have to show me bible verses which expressly instruct us to remove hats in church. Maybe also verses which command that eyes must be closed during prayers. If you consider the king proud, live Yahweh to strike him dead or something. If God didn't do that, he either doesn't mind whether one where caps or not or he even approves it.

No point in humans vexing more than the allegedly offended god as this is the same fault of Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by meccuno: 9:50am On Mar 05, 2017
sarrki:

A Muslim can wear a cap in the church coz he didn't believe in what you believe in.

A Christian can wear a shoe to the mosque if he wish only out of respect will he pull it

Stop all this holier than thou stuff
stop being naive. a christian CANNOT wear shoes in a mosque.....stop saying what you dont know

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by dadaadec(m): 10:35am On Mar 05, 2017
Redeemers go start to take selfies with dat ride... One advantage

Abi charm no work again ni... Diz one our grt obas don dey enta church...

Just wondering like a Bolton wanderers. undecided cry
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by bayinq25(m): 10:46am On Mar 05, 2017
buchibrand:

Unfortunately christianity is not a religion and being a christian is not as a result of being a member of a religious organisation.
Christianity is a lifestyle, they were called Christians because they were living, walking, working, talking Like-Christ. So if you have the lifestyle of Christ and working to be like Christ daily you can never say you are ashamed to introduce yourself as a Christian(christ-follow). You can't be ashamed of Christ!
We all have emotions and admittance.What we practice in Nigeria is mental slavery and hate all in the name of religion.Either you like it or not Christianity is a religion.What the pastors preach to you could basically be hyperbolical emphasis.Religion is simply how you communicate with the supreme being based on the promises made in the holy books and teachings.in Africa,we seem to use religion as a tool for extortion,pride,hypocrisy and segregation.We're all working based on beliefs not evidences because we weren't present in the time of old.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by Nellybii: 10:48am On Mar 05, 2017
Fowuzo76:
what western culture are we adopting? that the nigga should have taken off his useless cap in the presence of the almighty is a sign dat we have abandoned our old ways? I wont continue to dignify ur ignorance.

The only thing I will say about you is that you are not a Christian. The one am sure of is that you are so rude and uncultured. You definitely don't have home training, school training or any training at all. Otherwise you wouldn't refer to Oonirisa as nigga and refer to his crown as a useless cap. The Bible says you should honor whoever is greater than you. Am sure you don't respect your parents at home. A nonentity that is what you are. I will stop here for now. I have made my point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by greatnation2: 12:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
sarrki:

That's why we don't do religious bigotry and hatred

We are OMOLUABIS
Nice one
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by bamiworld(m): 12:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
newbornmacho:
pls who is d boy u want to curse,... Cus i dont know why some people will act like dey know God more than anybody whereas they u empty and rag i front of God, #shitdamnit

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by Adebowale89(m): 1:59pm On Mar 05, 2017
newbornmacho:

This is not about bigotry, but about disrespect for the divine, you people railed about ezendigbo entering the deji's palace with his crown but you love the ooni entering the church of the living God with his entire court.... False pastor Adeboye is to blame. I repeat , if I curse this I'd***t he will die young. But why bother.

you're talking like a baby. who are u to cause someone to die young when the king of kings you're talking about do not reason the way Human reason even Jesus mingle with sinners most in his lifetime on earth

I don't know who you're representing in this your baby talk.

you're not God and is only him that put a king on throne. can a father neglect his son coz of his position

no wonder Muslim laugh at us most times coz of our discrimination

thank God for the life of redeemed church and winners that neglect that indiscriminating mentality

you're on public forum, stop disgracing yourself
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by ebuclassic18(m): 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
sarrki:

Serious ignorance on display
Ow is bead charms
So wearing of suit is not charm
We so much believe in western culture and shun ours
ur lost,,,so u think his empty his fully loaded with charms
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by BANGERLEE1(m): 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2017
newbornmacho:
hmmm
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by donnie(m): 4:07pm On Mar 05, 2017
No wonder he magnifies the name of Jesus to the shame and dissappointment of wicked people.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos by Fowuzo76(m): 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
femojie:

Yoruba Kings dont remove their cap. Even Adeboye knows that. Dont mix culture with religion.
bullshit, lack of respect in the yoruba tradition. u dishonor yourselves in the presence of God. if u accept christainity as a monarch you will have live by the rules of christendom. Dats,wat I believe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can You Remember Those Pry Sch Songs We Love 2sing Back In D Days? / Nigerian Proverbs (in English) / Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.