Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,744 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne (363580 Views)

Story That Touches The Soul. / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Ifecoded(m): 9:42pm On Mar 19, 2017
marianneada:
I can't type again tonight, but i must drop an update tomorrow by God's grace.
Alryt dear, the Lord is ur strength.
Stay safe.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Ifecoded(m): 9:45pm On Mar 19, 2017
Kimkardashain:

Ada Pls Dnt Let Amaka Be Mummyz Daughter,spice It Up Sweetie,dnt Disappoint Me,
Much Luv
Dnt Let Mummy Die Oh,
Ada pls spice it up by making Amy mummyz daughter
And may be let mummy goan rest jhoor.... tongue
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by jbaby265(f): 9:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
Chai plssss lord let nothing happen to mummy Amanda
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Aminzy(m): 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2017
U really deserve an award for this story @marianneada.....ive been following your story closely
more ink to your pen
more grease to your elbow
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by tosyne2much(m): 12:30am On Mar 20, 2017
What a good story.. Please update ooo
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 12:34am On Mar 20, 2017
Is getting real......
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 6:37am On Mar 20, 2017
Aminzy:
U really deserve an award for this story @marianneada.....ive been following your story closely
more ink to your pen
more grease to your elbow
thanks so much dear
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Aminzy(m): 6:50am On Mar 20, 2017
marianneada:
thanks so much dear
u are welcome...waiting for your update
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Ajboss(m): 9:00am On Mar 20, 2017
marianneada:
why do you ask?
am loving the story...whatelse could be my reason??
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Acode: 9:23am On Mar 20, 2017
Am loving ur storyline miss...BT e go pain me if den no end up together. (Nelson nd my honey.)
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by babysomeone(f): 11:03am On Mar 20, 2017
Ada y Di's long suspense na....u ar breaking my heart oo....loving dis story like I can't wait 4 d nxt update
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by horpeyeemy: 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2017
Aaaahn!dis suspense s nw getting out of hand o....cnt wait agn o....luv dis!!!

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Chizim1: 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2017
pls ma i love ur story kindly update, we are waiting 4 d next roll, more ink to ur pen
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Joettti: 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
We r still waiting oooooo let the update come ooooo!!!!
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by AmiJoy(f): 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2017
Haba na... wats wrong wit u sef? We shld beg u to update undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Sarphee: 7:01pm On Mar 20, 2017
Madam wn will u update us Na...........I don't like wat u re doing again seriously......... Since last night

3 Likes

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by feabzz: 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2017
if can't update, y start up d story in d first place?

3 Likes

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2017
feabzz:
if can't update, y start up d story in d first place?
I took my son to the hospital, i've been busy since morning, i'll drop an update right away , sorry for the delay.

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 8:17pm On Mar 20, 2017
Sorry for your son ill health. But still it is getting real y'all.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 8:22pm On Mar 20, 2017
CONTINUATION

I was hungry throughout the night,i woke up around 2.30am and went straight to the kitchen to look for something to eat,i checked for indomie only to find an empty carton, unfortunately for me, there was nothing in the house, i remembered Nelson loves storing ice cream in his refrigerator, he buys ice cream everyday for himself and i, he either sends his secretary or buys them on his way back from work,

I opened his fridge but there was no ice cream.
"God what will i eat now," i murmured

I went upstairs disappointed, i went straight to the bed, praying that morning will come fast.

He turned around and saw me awake.

"Baby why are you not sleeping?, dont tell me you're still thinking about mummy" he came closer to hold me

"I'm hungry,i'm surprised that there's no ice cream in your fridge, i lamented

" Oooh, baby i'm so sorry i forgot our ice cream in mummy 's freezer, "he told me

" Very sad, what will i eat now"i asked him
. "baby it' s already day break,i'll get you what to eat," he assured me

I nodded my head and laid down,but sleep was very far away from me.

Before i woke up in the morning, Nelson had already left to get me what to eat,i cleaned the house, bathed and dressed up,he returned with what he bought.

He bought indomie and egg, i prepared it without wasting time,we ate and left for the hospital.

The detective was already waiting for us at the hospital. Nelson greeted him and explained everything to the detective and he demanded to see the doctor.

Mummy was still unconscious but the doctor assured us that her condition is stable, daddy called to know how she's faring, and Nelson told him what the doctor, he said he has informed the police commissioner, that the police are on their way to the hospital.

Chy arrived before 11.am,she couldn't stop crying.

"Chy stop crying as if mum is dead, you need to be strong for her, i consoled her.

The detective came out from the doctors office and told Nelson to drive him to the house, the police also arrived, we all went to the house.

The detective demanded to check the kitchen,we followed him, the police were also doing their work.

After what seemed like eternity, he saw a spoon someone used to scoop ice cream, he looked at it closely and asked who used it.

"The maids were off duty yesterday, Mum and Amaka were the only one at home when i came yesterday, so i dont know who amongst them used the spoon" Nelson explained
He turned to me,
"Baby did you use that spoon to scoop ice cream yesterday"? he asked me

"Nooo, i arrived here and slept off, when i checked on mummy and she was resting,i answered him.

" Who bought the ice cream and for who? "asked the detective

" I sent my secretary to buy ice cream for us " Nelson stated

" Who are you referring to as "Us",? The detective asked

" For Amaka and i"Nelson replied

"Where's the ice cream"? The detective asked

" I dropped them in the freezer " Nelson stated

" I want to see them"the detective demanded
Nelson opened the freezer and checked for the ice cream, he saw two plates of ice cream and opened them one after the other,one plate is chocolate, while the other is strawberry ice cream.

The police ended their search after turning the whole house upside down.

**"I'm taking this ice cream for test, there's no soup in the freezer, or any sign that she ate food before she collapsed,so i need to work with the ice cream, he promised to be back in three days, the detective left immediately, the police also left promising to come back the next day.

Nelson called the house helps to arrange the house.

Chy called us and informed us that mummy has gained consciousness, we left out of excitement forgetting to cook something for her.

....... *******We entered mummy 's ward and met her sleeping, we waited till evening when she woke up.

"What am i doing here"? mummy asked

"Mummy you passed away," he told her

"I did what"? She asked him

Mummy was too weak to talk, the doctor said she still needs some rest, we called daddy to inform him that mummy has regained consciousness.

Nelson took us out to eat at an eatery close to the hospital, i then told Chioma what the detective saw and how he left with the ice cream.

"Does it mean that someone poisoned the ice cream?" she asked me

"It's obvious that the ice cream was poisoned, but who did it"

"This is scaring, the ice cream was meant for you and Nelson, that shows that the person wants to poison either you or Nelson" she stated

"You're right, i never thought of this," goose pimple could be seen on my skin,

"But who wants us dead?", Is it Dave? ",

" Nooo, Dave cant think of doing such a thing, just because of a small issue he had with Nelson, you think he can do such a thing? "she asked

" I dont know what to think again, "

Nelson was busy on the phone talking to his detective friend, after eating, we bought something for mum and left for the hospital.

We slept at Nelson's house, this time we packed our clothes.

.......******Three days have passed and we're waiting for the detective to come with the result, he arrived some minutes later.

"The chocolate ice cream was poisoned, and you will be shocked to know who poisoned it," he stated

"Pls who poisoned it," Nelson asked

"Your secretary poisoned her ice cream," he said pointing at me

"What!, why would she do that"

"We dont know yet, but she has been arrested, and she's been questioned at the station"

"I need to see her right away" Nelson demanded.

We drove to the station to see Nelson's secretary and know why she tried to poison me.

3 Likes

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Aminzy(m): 8:30pm On Mar 20, 2017
marianneada:
I took my son to the hospital, i've been busy since morning, i'll drop an update right away , sorry for the delay.
heeeyaaa....sowi ma....May Almighty God grant him quick recovery....hope he is feeling better sha
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Chizim1: 8:55pm On Mar 20, 2017
ma sorry 4 d state ur son how is he now, tanx but is too short try and make it longer i know is not easy to type.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Funmilade11(f): 9:11pm On Mar 20, 2017
nelson ex is d devil, she sent d secretary to do it.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by feabzz: 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
Wat r u saying...........?
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2017
" I've never met the Secretary,i dont know why she would want me dead,"i thought to myself,
Immediately we got to the station, we rushed in to see her.

" oga this your secretary is very stubborn ooo, she never gree talk who send am make she kill your girlfriend" a police officer told us

"Can we see her"?, Nelson demanded,

" make i bring her out ",

She came out looking so haggard, Nelson rushed to hit her but i stopped him, he held her by the neck

" Who sent you to kill my girlfriend?, i swear you'll rot in jail if you don't say the truth" Nelson threatened her

"Oga, i'll die if i say the truth, i took an oath not to reveal the truth," the Secretary said,

"So you prefer to die here, no problem, since you want to die here, i'll tell the police to fasten your death," he warned her leaving the office.

"Now everything is clearer to me, i warned her not to buy chocolate and she still went ahead to buy it, then she warned me seriously that the strawberry is for me and the Chocolate for my girlfriend, that it's a special ice cream for her. Nelson narrated

"this girl is wicked, wetin this fine, innocent girl do you that you wan waste her life just like that, a police officer asked her

'Sir, pls forgive me, it was the work of the devil, i was lured into doing it" the Secretary begged

"Let's leave here before i do something drastic here," Nelson was fuming with anger
I' ve never seen him angry like this,
We drove to the hospital to pick mummy, she has been discharged, mummy was hale and hearty back to her old self.

..... i've been going late to school and returning early to stay with mum, Chy told us that since mummy is ok, she would return to Abuja the next day, the burden of taking care of mum fell on my head, i packed bag home to be helping mum.

Nelson visits the house everyday, dad is still not yet back from his trip. His secretary has refused to say who sent her to poison, the police decided that her case is a delicate case and needs to be handled carefully. We allowed the police to do their work.

It was on one of Nelson's visit that mummy decided to tell us what happened that night she was poisoned,

"God is really great, i must book a Thanksgiving mass, i thought i would die,

" Remember i called both you to talk to you"
We nodded

A short while after Nelson came, i was thirsty and decided to get water from the freezer by myself since the maids were off duty, i opened the freezer, and saw two plates of ice cream, i opened them and loved the chocolate ice cream, i love chocolate ice cream, i scooped half of the ice cream, i loved the taste, i finished it before calling you that evening to know if you were around.I dont knw what else that happed afterwards.
She narrated

"This one is nollywood oooo" Nelson joked

We laughed at his joke

Mummy then cleared her throat,

******" Nelson you told me your feelings towards Amaka,...... I hope it's not one of your pranks, i dont have anything to say, but pls dont mess with her heart, pamper her like a baby, pls dont ever break her heart, she advised

I couldn't believe my ears, what did mummy just said

"mummy i love Amaka so much, i promise not to break her heart" Nelson said

She then turned to me

"Amaka do you love my son?"

I wasnt expecting that question,

"eeemmmm......... Mummy...... I stammered

"I understand you're shy, i can it in your eyes, it's obvious you're inlove with my son, pls dont break his heart. She stated

I was in short of words,she prayed for us before leaving her room.

My relationship with Neslon was no more a secret, everyone knew about it, mummy was the happiest person to hear the news, she advised us against pre marital sex.
Daddy returned and decided to take his wife to Cuba for holiday, he needs her to leave the country for a while since she has suffered alot that year, plans were going on for thier travel. I would return to my apartment once they travel to Cuba.

TWO MONTHS LATER

Chy is done with her IT, our second year second semester exam have just finished,we were home for the holiday, mum and dad had tavelled to Cuba.

I was relaxing on the sofa one evening when i received a message on my whatsapp from a strange number.
"Your boyfriend is laying in my arms right now, we just finished making sweet love," the message read.

Hot tears dropped from my eyes, pictures were sent immediately, i couldn't believe my eyes, i dialed his number and it was switched off, i showed Chy the messages and she was shocked too. The picture of the lady with him wasnt clear. I couldn't see her face.

My phone bleeped and it was another message from the same number

"Come to this address and see things for yourself,"
She sent the address and Chy said she knows the place, i ran out and entered her car, she drove off immediately.

When we got to the address,my hands were shivering, another message entered my phone

"He's exhausted after a rough ride with me, he's sleeping like a baby in my arms"

I smashed my phone on the floor, i opened the door, and i couldn't believe what i saw.
I blacked-out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 9:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
Aminzy:

heeeyaaa....sowi ma....May Almighty God grant him quick recovery....hope he is feeling better sha
He's getting better, thanks for your prayer
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Crowniey(f): 9:52pm On Mar 20, 2017
Amaka shuldnt av gone, and chy shuld av known its a trap. Well undertand she wasnt thinking straight,pray she comes out of it.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Leesah(f): 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2017
Dike was obviously drugged.. Amaka biko Dike is innocent... nice story I must confess m a ghost reader n av read many stories on nl but av never commented on any yours is d first coz its really awesome.. more ink dear
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Funmilade11(f): 10:06pm On Mar 20, 2017
wat is wrong wit nelson ex gan? notin must apen to d two lover birds o. is it a must nelson date u bk? na by force. do nt let me swear for u.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Chizim1: 10:07pm On Mar 20, 2017
this is a set-up from lizzy or dave, i know Amaka will not understand that Nelson was drug.
Adanne tanx pls give me one update b/4 mtn will sweep their mb
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by horpeyeemy: 10:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
oooh!sowie, hw s he feeling nw...may God heal him.take care ma
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by kweenie: 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
you r such a talented writer...more updates please

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply)

Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.