Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit (5817 Views)

Manchester United Launch New Adidas Kit...back To Old School Kits / Nigeria Reject Hotel Booked By Kenya FA / Nigeria Reject Bafana Friendly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Pharoh: 6:25pm On Dec 14, 2009
Nigeria have rejected the kit currently being marketed worldwide as their 2010 World Cup jerseys, saying a new design had yet to be signed off with kit makers adidas.

The 'new' kit has been on sale in stores worldwide, and was even on display at the 2010 World Cup Draws in South Africa, but NFF's Head of Marketing, Idris Adama, told KickOffNigeria.com that the NFF had yet to see the jerseys that have been on sale.

"We have not finalised anything about our new jerseys," Adama said. "We are looking at some designs with adidas, but we havent signed off on anything yet."

Adama added that the NFF were looking to come to a final decision before the African Nations Cup but did not say when the new kit would be ready.

The current kit (pictured) has angered many Nigerians, who have described it as a generic, off-the-shelf offering with little creative design.

It has led to an online petition against the German kit makers at www.ipetitions.com/petition/newjersey with a demand for a more befitting design ahead of the Nations Cup and World Cup

http://www.kickoff.com/2010/news/12830/nigeria-reject-adidas-kit.php
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by FBS: 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2009
Very interesting. . .
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by dominique(f): 10:32pm On Dec 14, 2009
then they should design the kits themselves.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Digriz(m): 11:54pm On Dec 14, 2009
we need a better kit for goodness sake and they have taken the right step.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by chidyke77(m): 11:56pm On Dec 14, 2009
i never fancy the former one.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by mamagee3(f): 1:07am On Dec 15, 2009
Nigeria rejects everything. angry
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by FBS: 8:57am On Dec 15, 2009
^^^They have the right to reject the jersey. Adidas should/can do better than that.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Iyineda(m): 12:10pm On Dec 15, 2009
Finally! Some good news. cool
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by ichommy(m): 12:41pm On Dec 15, 2009
Iyineda:

Finally! Some good news. cool

Lol grin
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:42pm On Dec 15, 2009
We had a fancy kit in France 98,,, where did it take us.

It is not the kit that makes the team,it is the creativity and gameplay displayed on field. Our success at the world cup can make the SE a brand to chase after, but sadly (as usual) we are always focusing on really strange stuff, like when we hide our team training so that spies from other teams cannot know our strategy. only to fall like a truck-load of Maluuus, when we enter the field of play, We should stop pre-empting failure at this early stage. Because I know Festus Onigbinde and Amodu will claim that poor branding was responsible for our failure at South Africa 2010
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by victorazy(m): 12:54pm On Dec 15, 2009
the kit na rubbish jaree
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by blacksta(m): 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

We had a fancy kit in France 98,,, where did it take us.

It is not the kit that makes the team,it is the creativity and gameplay displayed on field. Our success at the world cup can make the SE a brand to chase after, but sadly (as usual) we are always focusing on really strange stuff,  like when we hide our team training so that spies from other teams cannot know our strategy. only to fall like a truck-load of Maluuus, when we enter the field of play,  We should stop pre-empting failure at this early stage. Because I know Festus Onigbinde and Amodu will claim that poor branding was responsible for our failure at South Africa 2010

Thanks

No mind them se na kit person wan chop or abi make them put goals inside net for me
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by otukpo(f): 12:59pm On Dec 15, 2009
The jersey is not what is going to help us win the trophy.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by victorazy(m): 1:00pm On Dec 15, 2009
Believe me, kit do alot beyond your imagination dude
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by agabaI23(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2009
'O buro jersey na-agba, pam pam na-agba'.
That's the song we used in tghose old days when we beat well dressed teams.

Translation: No be Jersey dey play, na pam pam dey play. lol
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Borat1: 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2009
Those stupid hausa f.o.o.l.s at the NFF know nothing!!
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Knight1(m): 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2009
Funny i think the new kit is okay o,
I like the simplicity
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by greateliso(m): 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2009
~Borat~:

Those silly hausa f.o.o.l.s at the NFF know nothing!!

guy, ur mouth no GOOD
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by MUNEER2(m): 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2009
Because jerseys can't score goals doesn't mean they should think we'll take any junk that is being given to us

We don't want that jersey, and that's the final, Gbam!
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by denony(m): 1:23pm On Dec 15, 2009
We Nigerians could sometimes be a mirage
i remember when that jersey was unvailed here
some peeps started critisizing it, talking how bad and simple it looks,
now the NFF is asking for a better one, some peeps who said rubish about the jersey
started asking some flimzy questions, if the jersey will do the playing

Naija Lowa Kilo Nshele?

Lets appreciate something for once.

ANYWAY, BOLD STEP FROM THOSE THIEVES  grin
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Digriz(m): 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2009
Imagine wearing a bad jersey and playing badly at d sem time hw does it sounds? We need a beta stuf to redeem our image even if we play badly bt i dnt think we gonna play badly.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by MUNEER2(m): 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2009
Digriz:

Imagine wearing a bad jersey and playing badly at d sem time hw does it sounds? We need a beta stuf to redeem our image even if we play badly bt i dnt think we gonna play badly.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by victorazy(m): 1:38pm On Dec 15, 2009
~Borat~:

Those silly hausa f.o.o.l.s at the NFF know nothing!!
\
Guy ur mouth no good.
i like the rejection of the jersey cuz is time we stand boldly on what on what need or don't need.
the first day i saw the kit, i never gbadu am cuz since we're not going to do well (am sorry, we should not be offended), lets wear the best jersey if that one will fetch us award.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by MUNEER2(m): 1:45pm On Dec 15, 2009
victorazy:

\
Guy your mouth no good.
i like the rejection of the jersey cuz is time we stand boldly on what on what need or don't need.
the first day i saw the kit, i never gbadu am cuz since we're not going to do well (am sorry, we should not be offended), lets wear the best jersey if that one will fetch us award.

Abi jawe grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by joxiri: 1:45pm On Dec 15, 2009
we should sign up with puma and get a decent kit like ghana and cameroun, look at the relationship cameroun and puma have, addidas dont care about nigeria, we are just a small customer
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Digriz(m): 1:54pm On Dec 15, 2009
@joxiri
Ur absolute right.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by MUNEER2(m): 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2009
joxiri:

we should sign up with puma and get a decent kit like ghana and cameroun, look at the relationship cameroun and puma have, addidas dont care about nigeria, we are just a small customer

Pu what?

To make us body hugs like those of Camerounean?

Addidas and Nike are far better lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by joxiri: 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2009
well look at the jersey adidas is making for us
  cameroun is identified everywhere in the world cos of their jersey from puma
   that jersey from adidas is just like a high school jersey
theres no way you can identify nigeria from looking at it, but thats not the case with cameroun, puma managed to bring out their identity from the jersey
you go into a sports shop when you see a cameroun jersey you know immediately, unfortunately its not the case with nigeria
addidas just ripping us off
please puma will definetly do a a better job
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Digriz(m): 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2009
Puma and kappa are good.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Sonofpeace(m): 2:25pm On Dec 15, 2009
This is bullshit and medicine after mortuary. This particular jersey has been on sale for more than 3months now. May be one of have betrayed them(judas eat carrot) by making jersies in china to sabotage them, As it is now they wont make more money even if they print new jersies today as the so called fake jersey has circulated world wide market. Nigeria ndo nu(sorry).
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by HERO111: 2:32pm On Dec 15, 2009
eyyyng jersey no de play ball ok make dem kuku wear agbada or better still sleeveless singlet go d play na. some of una just de tlk like say adidas de do dem free for us. haba we no gree weda na ADADA ABI NA ADUPE-DAS u must do a good work else go away no be only u sabi do am.
NFF carry go jo! grin
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by vislabraye(m): 2:39pm On Dec 15, 2009
The fact that the jersey wouldn't make us play well does not mean we should accept substandard quality.  Or if there is substantial evidence that the kit would make us win the world cup, that is the only reason we should go for it. We have been wearing beautiful jerseys, but this one is very awful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Golden Eaglet Good Enough For The World Cup Title! / Do 1xbet Pay In Dollars / Super Eagles Vs Senegal Friendly Gets March 23 Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.