Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly (34588 Views)

Poll: Which team will win this friendly match?

Black Stars of Ghana: 16% (20 votes)
Super Eagles of Nigeria: 83% (101 votes)
This poll has ended

Ghana Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2015 (3 - 0) On 5th February 2015 / Ghana Vs Senegal: AFCON 2015 (1 - 2) On 19th January 2015 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 2:49am On Jan 26, 2007
As a Nigerian, for the first time since 1992 i see the black stars teaching the wingless Eagles a lesson in soccer artistry!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by kitaun(m): 2:53am On Jan 26, 2007
Even when it comes to our national team some peeps dont know who and how to play . . .na wa o!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 2:59am On Jan 26, 2007
Kitaun, how do you want to play against Ghana?. . .You want to bench Mikel in favour of Olofinjana?

My dream team will play in a 4-3-3 setting, we can't field a weak midfield player and bench an attacker all in the name of playing 4-4-2. We do not have Agali or Yekini or Aghaghowa that are good in the air, we need to take the game to the opponent on the floor. That is why I suggest Osaze/Martins/Kanu with 3 midfielders supporting Oruma/Obodo/Mikel or Ayila, never Olofinjana though, that guy can't play shit.

What about that Ikechukwu that plays with Recreativo, was he invited?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 3:01am On Jan 26, 2007
Kanu and Mikel = Weak and slow midfield. We would be murdered by Appiah and Essien in midfield!

Can you honestly see us winning the game? I wont be part of that national disgrace!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 3:13am On Jan 26, 2007
It will be a tough game but it's kind of ironic calling Mikel slow and saying he'll be murdered by Appiah. Appiah is as slow as a tortoise with arthritis.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by kitaun(m): 3:15am On Jan 26, 2007
Donzman, i wont bother arguing with u as u have once again shown why u ought to be asswhooped!! Davidylan, thank u jare!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by LoverBwoy(m): 3:21am On Jan 26, 2007
yea exactly Mikel vs appiah in midfield will make appiah look faster than asafa powell!

Oruma,Obodo are not exactly holding midfielders, oruma willl always attack,  when mikel is not with the ball he thinks he's on the bench like usual just watching the game

I think ayila will be good as the DMF

Utaka is good in the air
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 3:24am On Jan 26, 2007
Get rid of Kanu, Mikel is only good for Carling cup games!
Anyone seen Essien for chelsea this season or Appiah at the world cup?

Ghana and Ivory Coast are the new power houses of African soccer. Bye Bye eagles!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 26, 2007
Sometimes I wonder if it's the same Appiah I watch that you guys are watching, how is Appiah faster than Mikel?. . .Na by rolling your stockings down and exposing your shin guards?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by LoverBwoy(m): 3:43am On Jan 26, 2007
you don't get it, with Mikel obi in midfield appaid will look faster than Maurice Greene!

The guy is a bulldozer, in fact Mikel should still be playing,

Ghana is not just any other team anymore, apart from strikers they have some tough players, most Nigerian players will avoid getting injuries in friendly and Ghana will capitalize on that just bully them off the field esp in midfield, and you know our defence sometimes lose concentration
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by kitaun(m): 3:44am On Jan 26, 2007
@Davidylan, do you really think Ghana can sustain d tempo of being touted best in Africa, believe you me Inexperience and lack of a decent goalscorer *even if as worse as Pauleta of Portugal* would still husband them were they to play in any tourney even now. Even a Nairaland XI with U as Top Striker could demolish them not cos they arent gud but who would score d goals 4 dem? Yeboah or Abedi 4rm retirement?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 3:49am On Jan 26, 2007
they could pass the ball to Isaac Okoronkwo to help them
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by kitaun(m): 4:54am On Jan 26, 2007
Lmao
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by dblock(m): 7:42am On Jan 26, 2007
WHERE CAN I WATCH THIS GAME ONLINE?

Africast Baby, Africast
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by 9ja4eva: 9:04am On Jan 26, 2007
davidylan:

Get rid of Kanu, Mikel is only good for Carling cup games!
Anyone seen Essien for chelsea this season or Appiah at the world cup?

Ghana and Ivory Coast are the new power houses of African soccer. Bye Bye eagles!

I really see you are short of circuit up dere.Ao dere u call dose teams when Super Eagles are resting.FIFA is nt daft to say we are the best in Africa so please rest ur case.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by fentuo: 11:24am On Jan 26, 2007
u guys are certainly big jokers.do u ever dream of beatin thev blackstars again?not now.u are not goin to make it a hartrick in 2002,2006 and 2007.have u guys forgotten how u struggled before sneakin dat one nil win in egypt.now that was certainly the weakest squad of the black stars ever.without essien,muntari,babysooter(asamoah gyan),isaac boakye of wolsburg,and the sharpest goalkeeper kingston.eventhough the blackstars are not that serious with seekin revenge,i can assure u that nigeria's superiority over ghana will come to an end come 6th feb.have u heard about ibrahim salou?he is a bomb in attact.how about quincy owusu abeyie,formally of arsenal?these guys makin their debut for ghana and will impress as they try to secure a place in black stars.gooooo joe tex.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by waleleader(m): 11:46am On Jan 26, 2007
@fentuo,
i like the way you console yourself by exaggerating the strenght of the Ghanian team.
For fairplay's sake,Ill say let the best team win (But we all know who the best team is don't we?)
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2007
Africast Baby, Africast

Don't they need you to register and pay for the games?. . .I had a friend that I used his password during the CAN. I can't afford to pay for just one match.

@kce

Stop spamming, it's annoying.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by LoverBwoy(m): 12:33am On Jan 27, 2007
does anyone know what the new jersey looks like?

I saw this one at Kitbag
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by debosky(m): 12:34am On Jan 27, 2007
thats the same one for now, thats what they used at CAN 06 so I dont expect those cheapskates to have changed it yet
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by LoverBwoy(m): 12:50am On Jan 27, 2007
thanks man

cheapskates lol, they just signed a N600m deal with glo, they got short-changed  cool
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Christino(m): 11:08am On Jan 27, 2007
Against a strong Ghana team, we should field:

Enyeama

Odiah Yobo Enakharire Taiwo

Ayila Obodo

Utaka Mikel

Obagoal Yakubu

Attacking Options: Kanu, Odemwingie, Uche, Ogbuke, Yekini

Midfield Options: Oruma, OlofinJana, Keshi

Defensive Options: Shittu, Udeze, George, Eguavoen

Goalkeeping Options: Vansekin, Rufai, Shorunmu grin

My only fear is i don't see Mikel surviving Killer tackles from Essien.
Ayila and Obodo cos we need Defensive MFs. Gone are the days of Oliseh, we have no Okocha so we can pray for Mikel to do his best otherwise, Experienced Oruma could be a more realistic ruggeddy. The nations cup back four remain the best, only that Enakharire hasn't been playing much of recent cos of club crisis and uncertainty of his future. Since I don't know what's been happening to home boy Ikedia, Utaka can do well in his place, considering his pace. I don't know if Aghahowa is clear of injury but we have far too many attacking options including unclaimed Agbonlahor.

Ghana can only pray Junior Agogo is prolific on that day, of which Yobo's on ground for him. I wish we had an Okocha to guarantee Essien a Red card, Maybe Kanu will do grin Infact Kanu should be our playmaker for that day! shocked

If you guys need a back up, call me, i'm better than Lawal, i can even play in goal or blow the whistle. Utility ni mi grin

Prediction: Ghana 2 Nigeria 4
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by candylips(m): 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2007
walelead. how far you don get tickets . i think i will like to go as well. let me know so that we can hook up. i'll give u a call
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by hadeybell(m): 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2007
It's a sure thing that the black stars of Ghana can never with stand the Super Eagles of Nigeria in any Lent, talking  about football, not even the form that the eagles are now. so what I expected as the question is what would be the score line. which I believe we'll beat not less than 2-0 wink
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by kitaun(m): 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2007
Walelead, Candy, Lover and co, abeg send una sef IMs jare before i give una 1 1 knock each for head, abi why u dey jandon-spam the thread?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by candylips(m): 4:32pm On Jan 27, 2007
Kitaun u wan watch the match too ?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by kitaun(m): 4:55pm On Jan 27, 2007
@Candy, who dash AJ boy ticket?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by waleleader(m): 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2007
@kitaun, since they don dey play for lagos, u hear Londoners complain?  This is our time grin

@candy, i was going to get my ticket today but one of my guys knows a guy that knows a guy (U get me), so he is hoping to get some free seats.
Tell u the truth, i don't think he will be successful but ill just wait till Teusday before i run down to Obalende to get one

@lbwoy, kitbag is expensive, u can get one for about £20 on ebay. Type in "NIGERIA SHIRTS" instead of jersey. Safe
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by danniecool(m): 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2007
I will stay glu to my Tv,
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by CrazyMan(m): 8:14pm On Jan 27, 2007
We are defeating Ghana

no doubt about that
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by candylips(m): 10:53pm On Jan 27, 2007
wale. i suppose try see if i go fit buy am for the place wey dem talk for woolwich tomorrow else maybe i'll go to obalende too

Kitaun. i used to think u were based in london oh
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by LoverBwoy(m): 4:02am On Jan 28, 2007
@christino, it should be something like this grin
Enyeama

Odiah Yobo Enakharire Taiwo

Ayila Obodo

Utaka Oruma

Obagoal Yakubu

overall i think we have a good first XI, we have so many strikers and enough midfielders,and not enough defenders, if something happens to yobo undecided I think the coaching crew should recruit guys from the nigeria league,give them some exposure

kituan, relax AYC dey there we no fit watch am, if i know how to download from africast i'll just sign up and share the password

Wale, thanx man, just done a buy it now from a guy in Glasgow wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Shares Selfie With Girlfriend ( Photo ) / FIFA Sanctions Nigeria Over World Cup Fracas In Abuja / Disgraced Nigeria U-19 Stranded After Angry NFF Dumps Them, Pays Them 5000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.