Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly (34595 Views)

Poll: Which team will win this friendly match?

Black Stars of Ghana: 16% (20 votes)
Super Eagles of Nigeria: 83% (101 votes)
This poll has ended

Ghana Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2015 (3 - 0) On 5th February 2015 / Ghana Vs Senegal: AFCON 2015 (1 - 2) On 19th January 2015 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 1:11am On Feb 07, 2007
Ww now gonna become object of ridicule, i called ma cuz who is in da uk and saw da match, he was so upset and he said some dudes were gona fight, and also dat da refree was harsh 2wards nigeria, we need ta stop makin xcuses, we suck!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Christino(m): 1:13am On Feb 07, 2007
I tire for una o, Brazil lose, Naija lose, why all the kerewa? Abeg, who are we flogging next, brazil?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 1:16am On Feb 07, 2007
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by LoverBwoy(m): 1:34am On Feb 07, 2007
im just going to have hot chocolate and go to bed or else angry
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 1:38am On Feb 07, 2007
grin grin grin grin

abeg my brothers! Eat and drink away your sorrow, those wingless chickens are not worth worrying about!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by bolaoni(m): 1:45am On Feb 07, 2007
@ Christi,

I'm not sure our footie died in the Hand or na leg of Roberto.

I can still trace our footie demise to that fateful night in Atlanta
when we won the Olympics. Aterwards, we began to think we are
on top of the world. We see ourselves unbeatable afterall we beat
Brazil and Argentina to win the Olympics Gold.

That was the greatest mistake we EVER did. We thought without even
preparing, we can stroll to the field and beat any thing. Look at what happened
in 1998; we refused to learn from that and 2002 was less pleasant yet our
attitude didn't change.

Look at where we have found ourselves now? Some people are saying it is
just a friendly match sad Let's wait till we meet this Ghanaian team in a
proper competition and let's see how BADLY we will be walloped.

I can't remember the last time I placed any hope on this team. Even when
the likes of Papillo were at thier topmost form, my approach is siddon look.
We can't continue to break the laws of existence and still believe we can
get away with it.

Those that will go on hunger strike because of this, GOOD LUCK TO YA ALL wink
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by superman(m): 1:48am On Feb 07, 2007
na lie!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by bolaoni(m): 2:16am On Feb 07, 2007
Come to think of it, so many naija people don boast before this match.

I am just reading their footie forum on Ghanaweb and men a lot of guys
go chop stick for there.

Na wa o
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Tmoni(m): 3:57am On Feb 07, 2007
i do not know how to face my ghanian flat mate ,
i was all around rating the loser eagles,
and he shrugs saying, well lets see, now see what we are seeing,

charley, i borrrrr and shy-shock
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by dblock(m): 6:51am On Feb 07, 2007
This is a bit late but here it goes.
Godddd Whyyy Me, me of all people why, what have i done to deserve this misfortune, whyyyy Lord Whyyyyy
Why didn't the eagles win, lorddd, Why must i suffer, God Why Why Why

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
cry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Christino(m): 7:16am On Feb 07, 2007
@ Bolaoni

Why I cited Baggio was because that was the last match after which I cried for Nigeria. I did not eat anything for 6 days just water. I lost appetite and ever since then things went from bad to worse, like the Intercontinental game I remember us losing to Mexico and all whatnot (CAMPOS) then we were banned from the Nations Cup that killed our youth team, thanks to a lil bit of Atlanta.

But since that dying minute goal by Baggio, our footie (at the senior level) has crumbled. You will agree with me that that was the best team we ever had. Naija almost ruled the world but for one moment of brilliance when a single player takes the glory for 22 men.

I don't know why Nigerians are feeling bad about this loss, its expected. I told kit before the match that i'm being patriotic knowing fully well that the game can go either way. If those guys were at their best we all know 11 of Essien on pitch wouldn't save them. How far as Agogo gone in his career, can he even Match the Yak? Let's face it, e don shele!!!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by dblock(m): 7:25am On Feb 07, 2007
That don't help cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Aite it does, thanks
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by deor03(m): 8:19am On Feb 07, 2007
there is no big deal about loosing the match 4-1 . we need to be real with ourselves. WE DO NOT HAVE A TEAM all we have are good players. This is not also the fault of the coach. we need to build a team. it is very good that we have been exposed.

i hope the FA and the coaches have seen that we have a long way to go to maintain that FIFA no 9.

please WE NEED MORE GRADE A , FRIENDLIES prefarably with FIFA No 1-20
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by magneto(m): 8:43am On Feb 07, 2007
na only God go punish those useless bufoons called Super Eagles players!!! angry angry angry. . . and to think that i staked some good money on their punk ass!!!! cry cry
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by texazzpete(m): 8:53am On Feb 07, 2007
why are you guys lamenting? Isn't there anyone else who found this defeat entertaining and amusing? I actually sat down and enjoyed good football from the ghanain side because our team was shyte and the coaching crew were dumb!
tell me how someone scores you 2 goals in 3 mins and you stil cannot make a change? Tell me how you have a team 3-0 down and still they are strolling.
i'm glad they beat us. at least now we can all agree that there are deficiencies in the Super Eagles
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by dblock(m): 8:59am On Feb 07, 2007
Hey, menn long time, cry cry cry cry cry, stiil traumatised from the PS2 thread but yeah i'm good

The match was really dissapointing, almost as heartbreking as ) october, 09 2005, my time, october 08 naija time
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Razorr(f): 9:19am On Feb 07, 2007
I'm beginning to wonder why you guys are so shocked about the defeat. I saw it coming and I wasn't fazed one bit. Infact, yesterday, I was very close to making a post stating that Ghana would whoop our asses, but I knew that I would have been screamed at.

I am very happy though, that our string of lucks has come to an end. We can now face the reality that we do not have a solid national team and stop bragging about being the giant of Africa.

WHAT A SHAME! sad

I hope our leaders would take a cue from yesterday's defeat and restructure our soccer.
I would suggest that private organisations get involved in soccer, and help us get a good world class team manager and training facilities.
We need to have a team manager who would be given all the resources he needs to train a great team, without any government interference.
Then, and only then, would Nigerian soccer be revived!

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Uche2nna(m): 9:40am On Feb 07, 2007
A sign of better things to come
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Uche2nna(m): 9:41am On Feb 07, 2007
A sign of better things to come.

This is one of the best thing to happen to Nigerian football in years
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by otokx(m): 9:44am On Feb 07, 2007
I did not bother to watch the match because I am not yet ready to die of a heart attack. How people engage in organized self deception beats me hollow and really its high time some one did some thing really drastic.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by deejay1(m): 10:05am On Feb 07, 2007
at a pitty maybe we will bat bllackstar's next time saaa embarassed embarassed angry sad cry shocked
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by bolaoni(m): 10:09am On Feb 07, 2007
I am just enjoying the posts at ghanaweb's forum.
Those Ghanians are tipsy now.

Let them enjoy it jare.

You can be guest at:

http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=45864&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=510
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by dblock(m): 10:18am On Feb 07, 2007
Why be a guest If ur a member grin
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by breeolan(f): 10:38am On Feb 07, 2007
well, i'd say our guys didnt take d match well, cos the ghanians played like its some kinda world cup match or champions league(african version) anyway, i must say i was really dissapointed in some of our players, tho' we ad a couple of stars(dat doesnt matter, we saw dat in yest's match)the issue is dat we nid to learn to understand eachother's skills and play as a team, not that sme players will play while others will ruin it alll, my man of the match is Eyanma(pardon my spellin, goal keeper)NFA shd pls do sumthing!!!!!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 10:51am On Feb 07, 2007
This is more cause for concern
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/sports/2007/feb/07/sports-07-02-2007-001.htm

I honestly can't blame Eguavoen, he tried his best with the little that he had, the problem has to do with NFA, no organisation, discipline or accountability, and to even think that we are now employing the German, Berti Vogts as our new coach is comical, this was the former coach os Scotland and they lost all their matches and gat whooped, now we think he's the answer to all our football problems??
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Razorr(f): 11:04am On Feb 07, 2007
Please can you tell me what that article has got to do with Berti Vogts and Eguavoen?     
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2007
I just signed up. Guess Why?
, Berti Vogts for President!, That's if the Jimmy Carter-Bill Clinton ticket doesn't
work out  grin. If he was the TM before the match, people would have been calling for his head  wink.
Please give him some time if that is what is needed to promote hard work and
commitment.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by chelsea4li: 12:27pm On Feb 07, 2007
after a kitty contested first half which ended goalless.poor display by Christian Obed lead to the first goal in the 49th minutes.And barely three minutes later, pathetic defending by Abbey George, whose inadequacies at this level were exposed, lead to the third goal.l still cannot comprehend how a player like George abbey who is played for a division 2 clubside could make it to our nation team.his defending were really pathetic yesterday.only Mikel was lively for the disappointing makeshift Nigerian team yesterday.as for coach,l was sad why he refused to  make changes after we conceded 2 goals in 5 minutes.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by waleleader(m): 12:35pm On Feb 07, 2007
@Loverbwoy, at least u had hot chocolate, i went to bed hungry and the hunger strike continues

@deoro3, if u were in my shoes, U will know that this is a big deal, a very big one

Ghanians in london are gonna skin us alive, Im calling in sick at work cos i cant bare passing thru Tottenham and Edmonton where Ghanians will be celebrating on the streets. Infact I feel sick

@uche2nna,
i hope it is a sign of new things to come as u said, infact anything positive is what i need to hear now
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by waleleader(m): 12:39pm On Feb 07, 2007
chelsea4li:

after a kitty contested first half which ended goalless.poor display by Christian Obed lead to the first goal in the 49th minutes.And barely three minutes later, pathetic defending by Abbey George, whose inadequacies at this level were exposed, lead to the third goal.l still cannot comprehend how a player like George abbey who is played for a division 2 clubside could make it to our nation team.his defending were really pathetic yesterday.only Mikel was lively for the disappointing makeshift Nigerian team yesterday.as for coach,l was sad why he refused to  make changes after we conceded 2 goals in 5 minutes.

Guy,
what match were u watching? is your Tv black and white? Abbey George did most of the defending, Yobo's clearings were pathetic. How many times did Yobo almost score an own goal. Our biggest problem was Eguavon abi na Ogun-efon. thats how he killed us in 1994 world cup as a terrible defender. He should have removed Mikel from the first half. Did u see the amount of goals Mikel lost in the first half?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by 1forall: 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2007
Theres nothing new to say here but I'll reiterate:

Crappy approach to the game

Coach devoid of ideas, in such friendlies you can make up to 6 changes (am I right?), what was he thinking?
(I saw Kanu warming up at a point, someone said maybe he chickened out when he saw the scores)

Who is Taye Taiwo?

Meeen, lets forget football till majority our citizens can afford 3 square meals and other basics of life.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by kitaun(m): 1:12pm On Feb 07, 2007
Walelead, Abbey George was the worst player in our line-up, which defending did he do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

99.9% SURE 2 ODDS ROLLOVER FOR 2WEEKS(14/14) / Xenophobia: Madagascar Pulls Out Of Saturday's Friendly Against South Africa / Ogenyi Onazi Donates N1million To Falcons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.