Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,979 members, 7,803,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly (34578 Views)

Poll: Which team will win this friendly match?

Black Stars of Ghana: 16% (20 votes)
Super Eagles of Nigeria: 83% (101 votes)
This poll has ended

Ghana Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2015 (3 - 0) On 5th February 2015 / Ghana Vs Senegal: AFCON 2015 (1 - 2) On 19th January 2015 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by waleleader(m): 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2007
make una leave abbey george, blame strikers that could not score goals, blame midfielders that allowed appiah and essien to run the whole midfield as if its thier fathers house. Abbey is safe
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by superman(m): 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2007
c[b]helsea4li [/b]

damn i hope u are not tryin to upset me now! mikel obi blow it up for real. cus he let down the midfield that ghana were like walkin through to our goal. he shuold have bench him for real cus as u said in your post 2 goal in 3mins damn for Farkin sake can't u see ehh? what are u talkin about , oh please
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by superman(m): 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2007
the second gaol gerorge abbey should nt have back off from the ball, not only that he invited the ghana must go player to have a shot in the danger zone with so much space left

walelead sori so much goin on that i couldnt call u but anyhow there might still be other times still
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by waleleader(m): 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2007
@superman, no shit my brova.

I think the coach was stupid, our midfield collapsed in the second half and there was too much pressure on Abbey. even if he was at fault, he could have been changed. thats why i dont blame the poor boy. Why couldnt Osaze and Mikel score in the first half? Thats was when we should have finished the game.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by chelsea4li: 1:47pm On Feb 07, 2007
amn i hope u are not tryin to upset me now! Mikel obi blow it up for real. cus he let down the midfield that Ghana were like walkin through to our goal. he shuold have bench him for real cus as u said in your post 2 goal in 3mins damn for Farkin sake can't u see ehh? what are u talkin about , oh please

l am sorry if l upset u superman. but l was just pointing out the obvious.yes Mikel and osaze should have scored at the first half and that should have killed the game for us ,but unfortunately that didn,t happen.but Mikel was very lively in the first half and l still insist that he was our best player yesterday.he provided a fine through ball for john Utaka to have his shot safe early in the game.our problem was the poor tactital approach by the coaching crew and the bad defending by our players.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by kitaun(m): 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2007
Who would have replaced Abbey? Why not Taiye too should have been changed? An Osaze and Makinwa attack to scare who? Why was Olofinjana overworking himself in d 1st half only to fizzle out in d 2nd? Why wait that long to make substitution and how many did we make? Did Kanu dictate when and under what conditions he would play? Then he must be a 'wonderful Patriot' then! Why is Osaze too casual? Wouldnt Oruma and Obodo in d midfield not have been better? Why blame Mikel who was outstanding even if he lost a sitter? It took JJ donkey years to bang in d goals proper for us!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by chelsea4li: 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2007
kitaun:

Who would have replaced Abbey? Why not Taiye too should have been changed? An Osaze and Makinwa attack to scare who? Why was Olofinjana overworking himself in d 1st half only to fizzle out in d 2nd? Why wait that long to make substitution and how many did we make? Did Kanu dictate when and under what conditions he would play? Then he must be a 'wonderful Patriot' then! Why is Osaze too casual? Wouldnt Oruma and Obodo in d midfield not have been better? Why blame Mikel who was outstanding even if he lost a sitter? It took JJ donkey years to bang in d goals proper for us!

thanks for ur post kituan,this is exactly what l was trying to explain to superman.Mikel has never been a highscoring player,but a great provider.his greatest weapon are his passing and not his defending though he has been defending very well for Chelsea off late.all credit to the special one. those blaming him for the collapse of our midfield are very funny.what were seyi and Christian doing?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by kitaun(m): 2:13pm On Feb 07, 2007
Obodo go kill himself? Wasnt he d most hacked down Naija player yesterday?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by waleleader(m): 2:24pm On Feb 07, 2007
Infact, every single eagle lost it in the second half. Even enyeama that was making fantastic saves in the first half became blind. i blame all of them. Thier only excuse may be the weather sha, cos i no go lie u. IT WAS FREEEEEZING COLD. U should have seen us all shaking like chickens in the rain

Wetin vex me pass be say my bros been get plans for some of the ghanian chics, How can u chat up a girl when u just got an ass-whooping from thier team.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by kitaun(m): 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2007
Did u say d weather could be used as an alibi then the Ghananians are from Europe?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Razorr(f): 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2007
Seun, abeg you fit delete all the Ghana vs Nigeria threads on this forum comot?
Abeg, the memory dey too painful. Our soccer administrators know what to do. We don't need to overstretch issues. angry
Let's move on to other topics, as this topic don dey depress me all day! Gotta cheer up!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2007
it had been Cameroun, it would have been okay but ghana?? we need a coach like westerhof mayne, ma stupid cuzin had a bet with his ghanaian barber, grin
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 2:57pm On Feb 07, 2007
@ Razor, how is the mood in Lagos? i bet ya'll were sick ta ya stomachs, funny thang is dat all da naija newspapers online aint talkn bout it,
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Razorr(f): 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2007
Nobody is talking about it. They are still shell shocked!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 3:07pm On Feb 07, 2007
you shell shocked? me i' BP, agip and texaco shocked!!

Eguavoen has answers,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/6337991.stm
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Razorr(f): 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2007
LMAO

Well, I'm not Texaco shocked. I saw this coming even before the last world cup.
The sad thing about Nigeria is that we are full of talk and no action!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2007
Ghana beat arch rivals Nigeria
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/6337991.stm

In pictures: Ghana celebrate win
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6338443.stm

I'm Enjoying my first day.
Obafemi Martins wasn't available. So Eguavoen was sore. Owen might not return this season nor Shola Ameobi. I'm sorry if you guys feel bad. Sports radio in Nigeria had many sad callers yesterday but I wouldn't lose sleep like I wasn't bothered that Brazil didn't make it to the last world cup finals nor lost 0-2 to Portugal yesterday. Try and cheer up. 'Berti Vogts for President!'
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2007
Berti volks ko, berti vodka ni,
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2007
_Berti Vogts for President!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by danniecool(m): 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2007
I post my formation coach no use am, he do lost now, e dey talk about Martins no come camp, tell us within make them loose the match, How many players he invite? wetin Yak dey do for bench?.

I tell my friend earlier, I say now Cameroun former coach they coach Ghana and he know say na physical football na them fit take beat Nigeria so he employed physical tactice.

Eguavoen shouldn't have use the duo of Osaze and Makinwa upfront, what can they do there? can dey pass mensah that big man?
well make i no talk to much here I don even tire to talk, I dey sleep since.

people like Olofinjana, Abbey, makinwa they have no business in the national team
I must say Taiwo need to work on his weight he cant move his leg any more.
Obodo should learn to release ball on time.

wetin again sef, NFA should organize more friendly match, Ghana played Team football yesterday because they have been together for long and they have been playing friendly matched. but Nigeria were playing individual game.

We have to commend Mikel he really show that he is talented, he was throwing the passes but no body to finish up.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by beyunce(f): 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2007
they Embarrassed us. 2 bad.

it was as if kids were playin on the field. 4 - 1
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2007
@ danniecool

you said exactly what my cuzin said,

it's a shame if naija can't beat ghana

because now apart form cameroun, ivory coast, senegal e.t.c we now have another obstacle,  we need westerhof
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by slimghost(m): 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2007
I think that white man Vogtz or Votes whateva should overhaul that team,people like makinwa,abbey.Aghahowa,obodo and taiye taiwo should be practising taekwando,kung fu or sumthing of that nature,coz to be frank football is not their calling.
                  @beyunce
                          what was ya prediction? as 4 me immediately i saw the line up,i predicted 5-0 in favour of Ghana.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 07, 2007
Vogts agrees to coach Nigeria
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/6339055.stm

_Berti Vogts for President!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 5:08pm On Feb 07, 2007
why are u so happy?? check his record wit coachin italy, disgraceful
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by egbon(m): 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2007
Au Revior to Ogun efon, what a silly excuse of blaming Martins for not showing up angry This man should not be anywhere near Nigerian football?

I welcome Vogt with open hands. Sleeping Eagles need some transformation and the fact of the matter is that this oyinbo man will do it!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by egbon(m): 5:55pm On Feb 07, 2007
Au Revior to Ogun efon, what a silly excuse of blaming Martins for not showing up angry This man should not be anywhere near Nigerian football?

I welcome Vogt with open hands. Sleeping Eagles need some transformation and the fact of the matter is that this oyinbo man will do it!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2007
BUT HIS TRACK RECORD IS SHAMBOLIC

JUS COS HE'S WHITE DONT MEAN HE'S DA ANSWER!!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by rikkyjen(m): 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2007
If there is one thing i want us to agree,it's that this current super eagles team are so overrated and mediocre ridden. The fact is that our team played as individuals but Ghana played as a team. Abbey George lacked confidence,olofinjana should be in cape-verde plying his trade,Obi and his stupid lateral passes,pherhaps he should return to the scandinavian.

From the second half,the whole team was shitty.The main differnce was the coach.We dominated them in the first 45 mins, Only God knows what Leroy,their coach told them,they invaded our 18 and walked through our midfield like have seen in recent matches. Look, the fact is that since 1998 we lost our mojo and midas,that was when we had a team last. Forget those Bronzes in latter ANC's. Since 1998,we've been huffing and puffing to win matches and relying on individual's brillances.

Imagine we huffing to beat Niger,lesotho and loosing to Angola.The fact is that we are overrated.FIFA needs to drop us ASASP to Number 120,so that we can hobnobb with the likes of Fiji island,Jordan,Sao tome and prinicipe and the Yemenis. It's a good thing Ghana kept us in our deserved place.

What's annoying is that Ghana would have the bragging rights  for the next 10 years and i even lost $7 watching the junk on africast live .I never knew nairaland guys visited www.ghanaweb.com. I visit there every now and then as a visitor just to read what they type. There is this guy called Deceiiva,he is their Mod,the guy has always whitewashed Naija.He analysed our weaknesses before the match and exactly what he typed came to reality.Imagine a mere Mod without a crash course in coaching reading our team before hand? That shows our soccer is in the doldrums innit?

Anyway,it's all good we've all seen we are not that super duper after all, Vogts has got enough assignments to do. No natural leader,colossal defending,indiscipline (martins) are all vices Vogts would contend with. prolly,Vogts should give 'em eagles the westerhoff treatment. when westerhoof first came to Naija, the players disobeyed him like Crazy,what he did was that he called bouncers to supervise 'em eagles during training. Dem no born those guys well to make any sound during push up's. Thats what we need, Don't we?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by beyunce(f): 6:43pm On Feb 07, 2007
@ slimghost

I did nt predict anythin. just did nt expect that Ghana will beat us lik we are kindergarten players.  jessssse

They really embarrassed us. Shit.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by 9ja4eva: 7:42pm On Feb 07, 2007
I dont even want to think of it.Well i tink its time Nigeria begins to groom home based Eagles as dose ones wont mess them up.Its a shame on the part of the players anyway.Hope we dont get to play Ivory Coast or Togo sef.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by superman(m): 8:45pm On Feb 07, 2007
haha emmm superman in the make!

ehh i think to say that super eagles arnt super is a bit emh 2 harsh! well im sure someone out there will agree with me. 1st half was just ok but second half yes we all knew was poor cus emm well ok poor!

ghana play to their full ability! they used all the gears they got.

well my point is beleive it or not now forget that whiteman coach now cus coach white coach aint the answer if the same match is repeated i put my savin on it [b]there is no way ghana will win[/b] ! u heard

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Shares Selfie With Girlfriend ( Photo ) / Beauty Uguoere Siasia: They Keep Kidnapping Me - Siasia’s Mother Cries / FIFA Sanctions Nigeria Over World Cup Fracas In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.