Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,336 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (31335 Views)

30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Underlying Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by northvietnam(m): 8:45am On Apr 03, 2017
mattyboy007:
Are u fucking kidding me? angry

No Sir...
I'm kidding fucking
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:52am On Apr 03, 2017
Chapter 4

As he walked out of the cemetery gate, he remembered the many times he had passed by the place when they were in school, and now his friend was buried there. It was all over. His body had been laid 6 feet deep, and it finally dawned on him that he would never see Tunde again. Guilt slowly crept in as he felt he could have done a lot more for his friend.

Anita had asked if he could drive her down to their alma mater, and they were heading towards his car now. They were initially walking together, but were displaced by the crowd leaving the cemetery. She had on a grey skirt suit and the scarf she had used to cover her head at the cemetery was now around her shoulder. The end part of her jacket sat on her big behind. For some reason, he thought of Mercy Johnson. The skinny little girl his friend had been dying for in college was now unbelievably hot. She looked back at him; sunshades covering her eyes as she urged him along with a slight head movement. He walked up to catch up with her and they walked quietly to his car.

A lanky teenage boy was posing to take a picture by the black Mercedes Benz 280 SEL, and he stylishly bounced along when he noticed they were approaching the car. Anita looked at Andrew and smiled as she walked over to the passengers’ side of the classic.
“This wasn’t the car you drove yesterday.” She said as she fastened her seat belt.
“Umm! No.”
“Your MC job really pays I guess.”
“Well…I do other things.” He said as he navigated out of the tight corner he was parked in.
“Hmm! I’d love to know what those other things are. This banking job is killing me.”
“Maybe we can talk about that over a drink after…”
“No girlfriend to get to?” She said, cutting him off. Her voice was a higher pitch than her normal husky tone.
“Nah!”
“Okay. I understand. Girlfriends?” She enquired and they both laughed.

………………..

Andrew parked at an open space at the end of a dead-end road when they got into the University. The person Anita wanted to see was staying at the hostel just beside the parking lot. She called and found out the girl had gone out to eat, and would catch up with them in 5 minutes.
“What was Tunde into?” She asked in a low tone.
“Umm!”
“I am guessing you guys were still close, right?” She said and turned sideways in her seat to face him.
“Yea, we were.” He said and paused to switch gears. “He…He actually was…You know him, always trying to do everything at the same thing.” He added and they both laughed.
“You know I feel really guilty.” She said after a moment of silence.
“Why?”
“He…Let’s just say Tunde was the man I should have married.” She said and looked away. “I loved him, but…you know…he just couldn’t get his shit together.” She said and laughed a little. “So I went and married this stable guy my parents liked and…the marriage didn’t even last 4 years.” She added.
“Oh! I didn’t know…”
“Yep! I’ve been divorced for about three years now. Definitely not how I thought my life would turn out.”
“Any kids?”
“Nope. And I don’t even know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.” She said. Her phone started to wring and she pulled it out of her bag. She spoke to the person on the other end for a few seconds before excusing herself out of the car. Anita walked over to a short and chubby lady with glasses on, standing in front of the hostel gate.

In the car, Craig David’s Walking Away song came on and memories came flashing back again. Andrew shook his head as the guilt feelings started to creep up. He slowly removed the gold cuff-links he had on, placed them in the glove compartment of the car, and rolled up his shirt sleeves. From the side of his eye he saw Anita approaching with a big brown envelope in her hand. She got in, closed the door and placed the package at the backseat. She massaged her neck and then turned over to Andrew before saying, “Okay. Let’s go and get that drink you were talking about.”

4 Likes

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:54am On Apr 03, 2017
YINKS89:
Kom ND continue ooo

I just posted a new chapter. I will post more chapters in the afternoon.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:54am On Apr 03, 2017
visagroup:

waiting curiously

I just posted a new chapter.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by YINKS89(m): 11:07am On Apr 03, 2017
kayo80:

I just posted a new chapter. I will post more chapters in the afternoon.
nice job man .... Meanwhile b4 I comment let mi call ma people...... Ritababe olojuede1 snaki86 fiyah ...et al forgive ma blur memory... Kom join mi. Vip sit dey.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 11:09am On Apr 03, 2017
YINKS89:
nice job man .... Meanwhile b4 I comment let mi call ma people...... Ritababe olojuede1 snaki86 fiyah ...et al forgive ma blur memory... Kom join mi. Vip sit dey.

Thanks for the promo.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Tori46(f): 11:17am On Apr 03, 2017
Following

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by tripleking64(m): 11:56am On Apr 03, 2017
following .......

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Marchborn123: 4:31pm On Apr 03, 2017
Nice work

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:08pm On Apr 03, 2017
Marchborn123:
Nice work

Thank you.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Missmossy(f): 7:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
Something seems amiss, interesting piece keep it coming cheesy

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 2:27am On Apr 04, 2017
Missmossy:

Thank you. I will post more chapters later today.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Kpeshi10(m): 6:36am On Apr 04, 2017
Yo Kayo80, i still dey wait oo, d tori dey sweet me gan..... Nice work

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by boriowoope: 7:49am On Apr 04, 2017
nice story, pls kip updating

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by EvaJael(f): 7:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
northvietnam:
Love is for the weak
Hehehe....wondaful

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by EvaJael(f): 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
kayo80:

I just posted a new chapter.
Thank u sir...Angelinastto ,Lilyjoe567 I invite u to read from a nlander of like passion

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
Chapter 5

It was about 3pm and the bar was scanty. They got a seat at a table next to where the band stand was. Four metal chairs with cushions were placed at each side of the metal table. They took seats opposite each other. The place was a relief from the hot weather outside and she complimented him for bringing her there. Andrew had forgotten his second phone in the car and excused himself to get it after placing his order. The waiter was just dropping their drinks when he walked back into the bar. He sat back, poured himself a glass of Guinness Stout, took two quick gulps and sighed. He took a look at her drink before saying, “Orange juice?”
“Yep!” She said and took a sip from her glass.

“I was thinking you would have wine or at least Smirnoff Ice.”
She put down her phone and looked up at him. “The last time I tasted alcohol was with you and Tunde, and I can never forget what happened to me.”
“What? When was that?”
“That stupid concoction you guys used to take back in Jaja Hall.”
“What?” He said, looking confused, and then like he realized what she was talking about, he said, “Oh! You’re talking about our special cocktail?” He said with a smile on his face.
“Please don’t try and make it sound funky. It was some cheap rum and milk.” She said, and he laughed.
“Oh my God! I can’t even believe you remembered that.” He said between laughs. “It was Dark Sailor and milk.”
“Yea, I remember. I don’t know what made me drink it that day.” She bowed her head and laughed a little before adding. “Please don’t bring up what I did that day.”
“You…” He was saying and stopped to chuckle.
“Don’t.” She said, with a frown on her face.
Just then, his phone started vibrating on the table, and his countenance changed immediately before picking up the call. He spoke for a few seconds and said ‘one hundred dollars’ a few times before ending the call. He dropped his cell phone back on the table and then looked up at her with a smile on his face.

“What are you selling for one hundred dollars?” She enquired.
“What? Oh, yea.” He said and paused to take a sip from his cup. “I told you about the other thing I do.”
“Yea, I almost forgot about that.” She said and smiled at him. “So what is that other thing you do?”
“I rent out classic cars.”
“Hmm! You mind explaining further?”
“The car we came in is a 1983 Mercedes Benz SEL. It is popularly called Shagari Benz.” He said and stopped to crack his knuckles before adding, “It was used in the movie, Coming to America by Hakeem’s parents.”
“Oh! I think I can remember that movie.”
“Yea, I am sure you can. Anyway, people would pay good money to rent cars like that for a music video, or a wedding, or just for a night out.”
“Okay.”
“So, I buy up some of rarest vintage cars, and rent them out to people that value them.”
“That’s lovely.”
“The one I got a call for is the latest in my collection; a 1982 Porsche 911.” He said before gulping down the drink in his cup.
She studied him for a while and then said, “You know I can actually get you a really low interest loan from my bank if you ever need money to expand.”
“Hmm! I think I might need that soon. I am trying to get that James Bond Aston Martin…” He was saying when his phone started ringing again. He picked up, spoke for a while, and then hung up. “So, as we were saying… I think I would need a loan soon, maybe like…” He was saying and stopped to pour himself a drink. “Anita, I think we should stop the formal talk and just reminisce.”
She smiled for a while before yelling out in a low tone, “Anita! Anita!” Andrew looked at her with an inquisitive look on his face.
“You don’t remember?”
“No. What…”
“The shocking fridge at your house.”
“What?”
“The party you had at your house in our first year at the University.”
“Oh!”
“Yea, I didn’t know about the shocking fridge, and I went to get drinks for guests.”
“Yea, I remember now.” Andrew said as he sat up in his seat.
“And you guys came running, shouting my name, trying to save me from getting electrocuted.”
“God! Your memory is something else.”
“I had the best times with you guys.”
“I am still wondering how you didn’t get shocked by that fridge.”
“You guys said it was because I was dark skinned and you guys were light skinned.”
He laughed a little before saying, ‘How old were we?”
“18. Well, we were 18, but Tunde was 19.” She said and then there was silence. They both stared at each other, but their minds were miles away. And then Andrew signaled to the bar man to bring him another bottle.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2017
Missmossy:

I just posted another chapter.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2017
boriowoope:
nice story, pls kip updating

I just posted another chapter.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
Kpeshi10:
Yo Kayo80, i still dey wait oo, d tori dey sweet me gan..... Nice work

I just posted.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by YINKS89(m): 7:39pm On Apr 05, 2017
Kayo80 abeg consistency is d key please do consider ur readers by dat comments would flow in Na beg I dey beg oooo.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Rahmoney(m): 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2017
Lovely update..

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 8:29pm On Apr 05, 2017
YINKS89:
Kayo80 abeg consistency is d key please do consider ur readers by dat comments would flow in Na beg I dey beg oooo.

I feel you. Unfortunately, I am on the road right now, and can't post again till Friday afternoon. Sorry about that. But I will post consistently from Friday. And for my next story after this, I would remember to post consistently. Thanks for this comment.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
Rahmoney:
Lovely update..

Thank you.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Missmossy(f): 8:42pm On Apr 05, 2017
Interesting, keep it coming....

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Kpeshi10(m): 12:19am On Apr 08, 2017
Ah Kayo08, it's friday already oo, nd u havn't post any chapter yet, hope all is well??

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:57am On Apr 08, 2017
Kpeshi10:
Ah Kayo08, it's friday already oo, nd u havn't post any chapter yet, hope all is well??

I actually traveled interstate and I got delayed. But I am back to my base right now. I will start posting this afternoon. Thanks for the concern.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Lilyjoe567(f): 11:07am On Apr 08, 2017
EvaJael:

Thank u sir...Angelinastto ,Lilyjoe567 I invite u to read from a nlander of like passion

I'm here, sorry I took long

What a lovely piece author, good job

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 11:48am On Apr 08, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

I'm here, sorry I took long

What a lovely piece author, good job

Thank you.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2017
Chapter 6

Andrew had his eyes on the pastor, following his every movement on the altar, but his mind was someplace else. Two things were bothering him. Once he managed to get rid of one, the other thought would occupy his mind. It would have made sense to entertain the positive out of the two, but it was so foreign to him that it scared him. He had even turned down a Sunday afternoon visit from Veronica, one of his favorite lays. It would have been a great distraction right now, but he was trying to face his fears head-on.

Everyone in the congregation got up in response to something the pastor had said, and he saw himself rising with them. He closed his eyes and started praying.

………………..

Anita had had to change churches a lot in the last couple of years and she was getting tired of the act. It usually happened when people started asking too many questions about her private life and trying to reconcile her with her ex-husband. She always wondered why most of them didn’t understand the difference between separation and divorce.

So far at her new church, things had been going okay, till a particular couple found out they lived close to her. They started trying to make her attend home fellowship services which were held every Wednesday at their house, and they also always wanted to follow her home after church.

Today, she was hoping to get out of church as quickly as possible without having to greet anyone, so before ending ‘the grace,’ she was already on her feet heading out. Standing at the church entrance, along with the other people waiting for the second service was the friendly couple. Anita sighed and contemplated headed back into the church. She quickly replaced the frown on her face with a smile when she noticed they had seen her. They were about the same height and looked like teenage siblings in the matching Ankara outfit they had on. Anita exchanged greetings with them and was relieved when they said they had to rush in to get seats.

As she walked to the main road, she thought of calling up her Uber guy and heading to the mall. She had been longing to see the new Beauty and the Beast movie, and she felt like right now would be the perfect time to do so.

A bus pulled up right in front of her when she got to the bus stop, and she instinctively walked up to get in but stopped when she saw there was just one vacant seat and an old lady had been waiting at the bus stop before she got there. The lady said some prayers to her in Yoruba before getting on the bus, and Anita just smiled and nodded her head.

A few people joined her at bus stop, and minutes went by with no bus in sight. She removed her hat and fanned herself, hoping not to stain the collar of the white shirt she had on with sweat. A fancy looking car drove by and she instinctively thought of Andrew. A smile appeared on her face thinking of their time together yesterday.

Working in a bank, and dealing with strangers all day and having to be formal with most of her human interaction had made her too rigid, and she had enjoyed being carefree with Andrew the last couple of days. But she felt it would be awkward calling him up to hangout when they spent the most part of yesterday together. And he would probably be with one of his girlfriends anyway, she thought to herself.

She pulled out her phone from her handbag, and scrolled through the recently called numbers. She was about to dial his number, but changed her mind and put the phone back in her handbag. Something cast a shadow in front of her, and when she looked up, the exotic looking car she had seen a few seconds ago was parked a few inches from where she stood. That’s strange, she thought to herself. She put her hat back on her head and took a few steps back. The car engine went off and the driver got out and leaned on the roof of the car. She looked at him and smiled.

7 Likes

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by sirblero(m): 7:36pm On Apr 08, 2017
wow wow woww...

nice story..loving this story to the moon and back..

#sips alomo and akara..
#qwan-tea-new please..

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:52pm On Apr 08, 2017
sirblero:
wow wow woww...

nice story..loving this story to the moon and back..

#sips alomo and akara..
#qwan-tea-new please..

Thanks. Next chapter in a few minutes...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eothen-Our losses / Inheritance / A Bolt From The Blue (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.