Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Why Are Nigerians Scared Of Marrying A More Successful Lady? Can You Marry One? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerians Scared Of Marrying A More Successful Lady? Can You Marry One? (916 Views)

Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? / The Disadvantage Of Marrying A Fat Woman (see Picture) / "Run Away From Any Successful Lady That Is Above 30 & Single" - Physiotherapist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Scared Of Marrying A More Successful Lady? Can You Marry One? by Medley(m): 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
Why Are Nigerians scared of marrying a more successful lady? Can you marry one?
Can you marry a more successful lady? Is there any condition attached?

Its baffles me when I see a very successful lady in her late thirties still in the league of singles and searching (even leading on the league table with a wide margin of point) with almost no date or proposal forthcoming. Based on my observation I think it’s more prevalent in our society and I begin to wonder if it’s a crime for a lady to be successful or dare to be.

IT’S BECAUSE OF THE ILLITERACY LEVEL OF OUR MEN

I could remember a conversion I had with a successful Nigerian man who is having a great career in the banking industry, in our discourse he told me without mincing words that he can never marry a lady that is more successful than he is even the lady is his last option, and I was like (perhaps this guy has married one in the world before if there is anything like that) so it’s not a case of the illiteracy level in our society because he is a chartered accountant and almost rounding up his second Masters degree.
Some men back their believe in a lie that men are naturally meant to be the head of the house so in any situation that the woman is wealthier or more famous that the marriage will never work because it means that they are two captains in the ship.

IT’S BECAUSE MOST WEALTHY LADIES ARE NOT READY TO DATE AN AVERAGE GUY

Though this assertion may want to seem true because of what we are meant to believe that at every point in time in our life time we always want to look up instead of looking down for the things we want. The very successful rich lady if you confides in her will tell you that she is ready to accept a guy that may not be wealthy but he should at least have a career he is pursuing or want to pursue but she will tell you that she hasn’t seen any forthcoming.

THEY ARE NEVER SUBMISSIVE AND WILL NEVER BE WELL TAKEN CARE OF

You find out that people that have not tried an endeavour or a venture tends to give you a thousand and one reasons why it will fail when compared to those that actually try. You can’t tell me that every successful lady have this attribute and that’s the major reason why they remain unmarried. The best gift is not a function of the price but a function of what it means to the receiver. Even a bracelet that is not expensive but was given in connection to what matters to a lady will forever remain the best gift she has received.

So what’s the problem? Why is it that the very successful ladies in our society remain unmarried?
What’s the condition that will make you marry a very successful lady? Someone once told me that she must not be the type that will be leaving for business meetings week in week out and must be ready to do what every wife do at home when it comes to house chores and… what’s yours if there’s any

see reactions on http://naijamatterashedeyhot..com/2017/03/why-are-nigerians-scared-of-marrying.html

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Scared Of Marrying A More Successful Lady? Can You Marry One? by BrightEye(m): 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2017
nice article . But those type of ladies are at least not vulnerable to imperfect Union from an early stage of their lives. Thus, they have higher chance of meeting the right man if only they strive to open their inner minds. obviously, so many men come to them, but they are only attracted to their wealths, and therefore those women can quickly identify such men.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Scared Of Marrying A More Successful Lady? Can You Marry One? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
they are always bossy and overbearing

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Scared Of Marrying A More Successful Lady? Can You Marry One? by Sugarboyy(m): 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Nigerians Scared Of Marrying A More Successful Lady? Can You Marry One? by Medley(m): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2017
2kaybiel:
they are always bossy and overbearing
have you dated one before?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Scared Of Marrying A More Successful Lady? Can You Marry One? by Heavance(m): 3:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
I still wonder too. But some men just like being bossy, instead of being friends with their wife. Men just have this ego of being in charge, forgetting they should be partners.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Scared Of Marrying A More Successful Lady? Can You Marry One? by Medley(m): 3:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
Re: Why Are Nigerians Scared Of Marrying A More Successful Lady? Can You Marry One? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
Medley:
have you dated one before?
negative, bt i av made a move to one and what i deduced are what i mentiond abv
Re: Why Are Nigerians Scared Of Marrying A More Successful Lady? Can You Marry One? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2017
Op your assumptions there are so wrong. Successful ladies are not ready to be walked all over on. Neither are they ready to hand over all their properties, cars and monies to average guys wooing them for marriage.
Some guys out there are simply diamond diggers. Not even gold. They start stylishly to possess all her worldly possessions in an orderly manner. If shes dumvb and desperate for marriage. She will end up transferring all she had worked for to the average guy. At the end the guy true colors pops up after some few years.
We've seen it happen before, no be today.
So because such guys cannot walk all over a successful lady they start saying bad things about ladies.
And who tells u, successful don't receive marriage proposals.??
They receive marriage proposals wella! But the ladies are juts been careful. Not to fall in the wrong hands.
Marriage no be boyfriend and girlfriend. It's a different serious ball game.
We like to be partners and companions to. Our men.. Not slaves or women to be trampled on because we wan marry.
No woman who has worked hard to where she is now and earned something good for herself will accept such role in marriage.
That's why u see a lot of single successful ladies out there.
Marriage is not by force.. Especially if it will give one unrest? Then make marriage wait first.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Scared Of Marrying A More Successful Lady? Can You Marry One? by Medley(m): 8:18am On Mar 10, 2017
alexialin:
Op your assumptions there are so wrong. Successful ladies are not ready to be walked all over on. Neither are they ready to hand over all their properties, cars and monies to average guys wooing them for marriage.
Some guys out there are simply diamond diggers. Not even gold. They start stylishly to possess all her worldly possessions in an orderly manner. If shes dumvb and desperate for marriage. She will end up transferring all she had worked for to the average guy. At the end the guy true colors pops up after some few years.
We've seen it happen before, no be today.
So because such guys cannot walk all over a successful lady they start saying bad things about ladies.
And who tells u, successful don't receive marriage proposals.??
They receive marriage proposals wella! But the ladies are juts been careful. Not to fall in the wrong hands.
Marriage no be boyfriend and girlfriend. It's a different serious ball game.
We like to be partners and companions to. Our men.. Not slaves or women to be trampled on because we wan marry.
No woman who has worked hard to where she is now and earned something good for herself will accept such role in marriage.
That's why u see a lot of single successful ladies out there.
Marriage is not by force.. Especially if it will give one unrest? Then make marriage wait first.
Did you really read the content of this post or the headings?

(1) (Reply)

See Photos of Nigerian Man Who Got Married To Two Women Today in Delta State / Guys, What Hairstyles Of Women Move You? / We Have Been Dating For 6 Months But We Hardly Go Out In Public.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.