Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! (2414 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by SuRiUno: 11:34pm On Dec 14, 2009
Why are nigerian pastors in the UK more concerned about money and prosperity than actually preaching the undiluted word of God??
Re: Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by MrCrackles(m): 11:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
Go to some of the churches and ask the pastors there. . . .
Raise your hand up, tell the pastor you want to ask him a question and SAY IT. . . .
They will explain to you why they love money more than heaven!
Re: Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2009
really funny! smiley
Re: Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 16, 2009
@OP
How many churches in London have you sampled to come up with this sweeping allegation if we can get back to the topic?
Re: Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by AKO1(m): 9:26pm On Dec 16, 2009
@OP I feel your pain, no be today.

I can't speak for churches in the UK but this is the general theme of most pulpit messages today.
Its a sign of the end:

2 Timothy 3:
1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God
Re: Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by KunleOshob(m): 8:54am On Dec 17, 2009
SuRiUno:

Why are nigerian pastors in the UK more concerned about money and prosperity than actually preaching the undiluted word of God??
It is not just Nigerian pastors in the U.K it is also happening at home in Nigeria especially amongst the deluded pentecostal fold.
Re: Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by SuRiUno: 10:20am On Dec 17, 2009
@KunleOshob, you are right, its not just in the UK, it happens a lot in Nigeria and other parts of the world. I wonder why our people are just so gullible, a lot of these pastors are taking undue advantage of people's vulnerability and playing on their emotions.
Re: Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2009
There is nothing wrong whatsoever with paying or collecting tithes and offering. I don't know why anybody should be bothered by the fact that people choose to give their money to churches.They have every right to. Others spend their money on gambling, others on partying, so why the focus on those who give their money to chuRches?
Mind your business.
Re: Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by KunleOshob(m): 1:50pm On Dec 17, 2009
@tensor777
But there is a lot wrong with twisting the word of God and using his name to deceive people into parting with their money. The original poster spoke about prosperity gospel. Now any right thinking christian who has studied the scriptures well would know that prosperity gospel is not biblical and is from the deepest and darkest pit of hell. Primarily used to move the focus of christian away from christ and all he stood for to the love of money [which the bible descibed as evil] and marmon.
Re: Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by SuRiUno: 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2009
@tensor777, No one is saying it is wrong to give to the church, the emphasis is on these so called pastors who look for the easiest way to make money at the expense of vulnerable or people who have one problem or the other, these pastors make you believe that once you pay your tithe and "sow a very generous seed", all your problems will vanish, unfortunately, there are so many gullible people who believe this, the vast majority of these pastors have no tangible skill they can use to work and earn a decent living, so they choose the easy way out by brainwashing their congregation.  You should see the lifestyles of some of these pastors, while a large proportion of their members are still living in abject poverty, hoping for the "breakthrough".

Whilst it is good to give to the church in order to support the work of the ministry, one should not be blind about it.

Corinthians 9:7 - Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. - Do it from the bottom of your heart, not under duress.

The preaching of a lot of these pastors is nothing short of emotional blackmail, designed to make you feel as if without paying your tithe, you can't make heaven.

There was this pastor - former bus driver (formerly: Victory Church, now Victory To Victory) Pastor Douglas Goodman, who was sentenced to 3½ years behind bars for sexually assaulting members of his congregation, he lives in a £1.5million mansion in Notthingham, this was in the BBC news a few years ago.

Question: Would he have been able to afford to live in a 1.5 million pound mansion on his wage as a bus driver?

The fact of the matter is that these so called prosperity preaching pastors ruin so many vulnerable people's lives because of their love for MONEY.
Re: Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2009
Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn.(Deut 25:4) Sow to yourselves in righteousness,reap in mercy.(Hosea10:12)

There is no ambiguity in the issue whatsoever in a Christian voluntarily giving money to the church or officers of the church.
How does that affect you  OP??
Re: Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2009
There is no ambiguity in the issue whatsoever in a Christian voluntaily giving money to the church or officers of the church.

The fact remains that these criminals do not preach voluntary donation of money to the church.The twist bible passages and revive ancient and abolished jewish practices like tithes and first fruits to fleece their greedy and ignorant members of their hard earned money.

How does that affect you OP??

I am a christian and I can't afford to watch and see my religion ridiculed,besides I have a moral responsibility of educating their victims to free them from bondage.
Re: Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2009
^^
Actually my reply was directed at the OP.
Re: Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by SuRiUno: 2:45pm On Dec 22, 2009
@tensor777, I think you are deliberately trying NOT to get the point here, are you a pastor yourself or what? because, it seems you are defending what is indefensible here. What is wrong is wrong, and what is right is right,
@chukwudi44's quote "I have a moral responsibility of educating their victims to free them from bondage."
It's not good enough to just do nothing and let our people suffer, our failure to act sometimes constitutes failure on our part. we need to free ourselves from bondage.
My position is that every man including these prosperity preaching pastors should go out and work to earn a living, rather than sit down an expect other people to go and work and be handing out their hard earned money to them.
This does NOT apply to every black person, but it has often been said that if you want to hide something from a black person, just hide it in a book, they will not find it, that's because a lot of people prefer the Pastor to read the bible for them, and then interprete what the bible says, rather than reading the bible themselves.  Remember knowledge is no respector of persons, nobody has monopoly of knowledge/wisdom except God.

John Chp 4 vs 1 - Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Matthew chp 7 vs 15 - “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
Re: Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money! by ogajim(m): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2009
tensor777:

^^
Actually my reply was directed at the OP.

Dude sounds like one of those scamming preachers, why would you need OP to answer a question Chukwudi44 just answered?

My belief is that the days of those Scammers are numbered because with the current onslaught by well meaning Christians to see this scam "totally and permanently discredited and abandoned", we will continue to wage war against these infidels in suits who are only interested in fleecing the flock. They (and their cabinet) seem to be the only ones enjoying the "blessing", no wonder most of them are folks who can't get real jobs or jobs that wouldn't give them the kind of lifestyle they can obtain from this scam.

Their days are numbered angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Who Do Christians Truly Follow? / MODESTY - Marks Of A True Christian / UK Charity Commission Appoints Interim Manager To Manage Christ Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.