Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun (14602 Views)

Pls My Dashboard Is Not That Black As It's Used To Be, Any Remedy? / See The Typical Dashboard Of Danfos In Lagos (PHOTOS) / WARNING!!! Don't Put Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by Armorall: 8:16am On Mar 07, 2017
For your Leather, protect it with this beautiful product

Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by Armorall: 8:18am On Mar 07, 2017
For your Dashboard, it is protected 100% by using this product every weekend or two
Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by Armorall: 8:19am On Mar 07, 2017
For your Dashboard, protect it 100% by using this wonderful product every weekend or two

Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by divinelove(m): 8:20am On Mar 07, 2017
dokyOloye:
Recently moved to a new apartment which does not have any form of shade unlike d old one and I can't start constructing a carport for a landlord who might decide he wants to give his house to his nephew and give me quit notice d next month.
Recently noticed something funny,started d car one hot afternoon 2 days after I used it last and d tachometer started from 700RPM unlike the usual a little above 1000RPM meaning that this Abuja sun has already warmed d car for men,lol.Same day,I also noticed outside temperature was 108 degree farenheit.
Hardly drive d car during d day cos workplace is less than 2 minutes walk from my gate.
Make una epp a brother with suggestions cos I no wan do any unnecessary repairs in this recession cos I sure say if na Camry muscle,d dashboard for don melt since.
It's a W204 C class.

So na this be ur problem tongue dnt worry the rain is almost here
Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by hacops: 8:33am On Mar 07, 2017
To protect your car, from the heat burnt, there is this material call silicone polish, it is stable up to 295 degree, if used on the body of a car or on the dash board, it reflect the sun rays thereby reducing the direct heat on the surface.
look for car wash or dash board polish with silicone polish.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by k2kay(m): 8:44am On Mar 07, 2017
Libo45:
2500 ke. E go dn reach 7k
Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by babaireti(m): 9:02am On Mar 07, 2017
Good one
Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by Stanleyeires(m): 9:08am On Mar 07, 2017
aguiyi2:
Dashboard spray helps too.
I don't know if it was the brand I bought but that dashboard spray broke my dashboard
Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 07, 2017
Imoala:
The cartons of your home appliances like deep freezers, washer and gas oven should not be discarded, u can use them to cover the screen and roof of your cars, thank me later

What if children light fire on it.
What if it is windy
Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by dokyOloye: 9:40am On Mar 07, 2017
divinelove:

So na this be ur problem tongue dnt worry the rain is almost here
Mehn,d sun in Abuja currently is something else.
The thing acts like it wants to drill a hole in your head.
Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by dokyOloye: 9:42am On Mar 07, 2017
RZArecta:
There's this thing like an aluminium foil mat sold by roadside hawkers (those guys who sell wipers, car mats etc), you stick it on your windscreen from inside when parking your car in the sun for extended periods.
You can temporarily use thick cardboard boxes, wedging them in place with the windshield wipers cool
thanks boss.
Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by dokyOloye: 9:43am On Mar 07, 2017
lonelydora:
Go and buy "car cover" and cover the entire car. It is just N2500.
Haa,will this serve?
I'm talking about protection from heat oo not dust.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by dokyOloye: 9:44am On Mar 07, 2017
kinstinct:

Car covers are generally for dust. For the sun, after about 10min the temperature penetrates right through.

A reflective mat dash cover which is usually placed over the dashboard from inside the car would help
More like it bro.
Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by dokyOloye: 9:45am On Mar 07, 2017
Btruth:
If your compound is safe, when you park your car, reduce all the four windows for cross ventilation. The heat in the car need to escape.
Was also considering this but also afraid of accumulation of dust inside d car.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by dokyOloye: 9:48am On Mar 07, 2017
hacops:
To protect your car, from the heat burnt, there is this material call silicone polish, it is stable up to 295 degree, if used on the body of a car or on the dash board, it reflect the sun rays thereby reducing the direct heat on the surface.
look for car wash or dash board polish with silicone polish.
Ok sir.Will ask for it.
Do U live in Abj?Have any idea where I can get it there?
Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by Btruth: 9:50am On Mar 07, 2017
dokyOloye:
Was also considering this but also afraid of accumulation of dust inside d car.
the dust is the problem in this case. If not, it will be helpful.
Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by lonelydora: 10:01am On Mar 07, 2017
dokyOloye:
Haa,will this serve?
I'm talking about protection from heat oo not dust.

It will serve
Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by femyodsky(m): 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2017
Libo45:
2500 ke. E go dn reach 7k
I got mine for 3k
Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by Fadolistic(m): 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
Good day ma'ams/sirs, have you heard of ENVIROSHADE? ENVIROSHADE is a Nigerian company in technical partnership with CAPESHADE of South Africa, dedicated to provide innovative and cost effective solution in all weather shades! So do you need a carport to protect your lovely cars? Or you just need a shade for your swiming pool? How about an entrance shade to give your business or home that sophisticated look? What are you waiting for? We offer the best possible quality and design. Original galvanised steel. Best possible finish and design - high density polyethylene shade net triple stitched with a monofilament thread and applying french seam stitching techniques...... Get in touch with ENVIROSHADE now via email: Frankfounder@gmail.com or through their telephone number: 0703 859 2625, 08077356782,08029226311. Hurry!!!! You wont regret it ..thats how you protect your leather and others ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by Fadolistic(m): 1:29pm On Mar 07, 2017
Good day ma'ams/sirs, have you heard of ENVIROSHADE? ENVIROSHADE is a Nigerian company in technical partnership with CAPESHADE of South Africa, dedicated to provide innovative and cost effective solution in all weather shades! So do you need a carport to protect your lovely cars? Or you just need a shade for your swiming pool? How about an entrance shade to give your business or home that sophisticated look? What are you waiting for? We offer the best possible quality and design. Original galvanised steel. Best possible finish and design - high density polyethylene shade net triple stitched with a monofilament thread and applying french seam stitching techniques...... Get in touch with ENVIROSHADE now via email: Frankfounder@gmail.com or through their telephone number: 0703 859 2625, 08077356782,08029226311. Hurry!!!! You wont regret it ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by Imoala: 6:59pm On Mar 07, 2017
kenonze:

What if children light fire on it.
What if it is windy

Always be positive my angel
Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by dmarientes(m): 9:37am On Dec 09, 2019
Protect with #carshade #windowcover

Re: How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun by dmarientes(m): 7:24am On Dec 20, 2019
By #carport #carcover #danpalon #tapoline #shadenet

(1) (2) (Reply)

Now You Can Pay For Items With This Newly Launched Car Key / Watch Koenigsegg Agera RS Become The Fastest Car Ever Made With 284mph Top Speed / Flooded Obiwali Road, Rumuigbo, Port-Harcourt (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.