Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (38239 Views)

We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 7:50pm On Jan 26, 2007
@ Mr. i am worried. I can see that you are actually worried, and inadequately or should I say misinformed. First of all Obanikoro as not been in the senate for 8years, he's only been for 3 going on 4. Now if you say you just heard the name Obanikoro during the 3rd term issue, den you're NO DOUBT a stranger to Lagos politics. Now on the name issue, its not a knew thing for people to adopt their chieftancy titles as their last names, we've heard of the Oniru's, Onitiri's, Onikoyi's and so on. These are all titles. Obanikoro was born to late Chief Bakare who was the son to the Obanikoro of Lagos. The name became popular and as a fatherless child at a young age, he adopted the name like the other families I mentioned. I've said and I keep saying, lets make informed contributions when we post in this forum. Don't just write something you dont know please. Thank you

Now again on that Pedro issue, I said already that he his a nice guy and I like, but the DUDE aint just cut out for the job. He can go back to the banking sector and govern over there, for all I care he can govern CBN, I'll vote for him all the wayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Now histy how can KORO be a failure when in every election is has been winning and now about to win another one? Tell me cos all I can say is It's GOD'S work. HE is the annointed one, not by Tinubu or by any party, but by God. I truly believe that and in God's grace, the must handsome man in Lagos will rule. LAGOS CAN BE PRETTY AGAIN HURRAYY!!!!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2007
for those in lagos next tuesdy dat will be interested in witnessing history, here is more information about Labour's rally

Labour Party holds rally
By Sun News Publishing
Friday, January 26, 2007

* Mores Stories on This Section

The Lagos State chapter of the Labour Party is set to hold a massive rally tagged Rally of Change on Tuesday, January 30, to display its political muscle. An estimated 200,000 Lagosians, party members, labour unionists and representatives of interest and political groups are expected at the rally., scheduled for Skypower Grounds, GRA, Ikeja at 11.am.

The rally, according to the state party chairman, Chief Olanrewaju Dada, will "send a clear signal to other parties that the Labour Party, within a short time, has caught the imagination of Lagosians and that it is the party to beat".

He said that as a mass-based party, Labour Party would rather show off average Lagosians who have been defecting to the party in droves and not recycled politicians hopping from one party to another.
"Let everybody prepare to witness the celebration of our own decampees, teeming Lagosians tired of the opportunistic politics of other parties, who are looking for change in Labour Party", Dada said.

Dada said the party’s uniqueness as well as the integrity and track record of its governorship candidate in Lagos state, Otunba Olufemi Pedro, had resonated with a majority of Lagosians who were enthusiastic to see a Labour Party government in Alausa in May.

He revealed that the feedback from local government and ward executive councils of the party inaugurated recently showed that Lagosians had always been waiting for a platform like Labour Party, judging by the large number of people signing up to be members of the party.

"These Lagosians are going to be celebrated on that day. This army of the people has resolved that it is goodbye to godfatherism and vacuous politics. They want to enthrone integrity, performance and service," Dada added.

The national president of the party, Mr. Dan Nwanyanwu, is expected to lead an assemblage of party stalwarts and candidates from across the nation to the rally. These candidates include Dr. Rahman Mimiko, the party candidate for Ondo state as well as other flagbearers of the party across the board.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2007/jan/26/national-26-01-2007-05.htm

LLcoolg5, I look forward to seeing you at the pdp rally, barring any crises

also, for those of you who want to read more about who femi pedro is, i found the link to his wikipedia. on the page, there are links to numerous articles written about him. check it out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femi_Pedro
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by funkybaby(f): 3:36pm On Jan 28, 2007
right now, i really do not care who becomes the next governor of lagos state. as long as he is not obanikoro. gosh! i am really looking forward to his disgrace in the forthcoming months. he has turned to bode george|s errand boy, so that they cant jointly wreck lagos state the same way bode george wrecked NPA.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by destiny2k7(m): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2007
Fellow Nairalanders,

In you spare time, view the recently uploaded campaign ad for Destiny 2007 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAu5jcUmrYA

in the coming days, we will post videos on Femi Pedro's Holistic Lagos Strategic Transformation Plan.

enjoy!

Seize the moment, secure the future,
www.destiny2007.com
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by donnymikky(m): 10:03am On Jan 29, 2007
for pedro to have declared for LP while serving as tinbu's deputy not minding the risk of been impeached i salute his courage

There is a mutual agreement between Asiwaju and His Deputy to that effect. Tinubu personaly wrote to the Lagos State Assembly not to impeach Pedro for deffecting to the Labour Party.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2007
WHETHER U LIKE IT OR NOT KORO IS RULING LAGOS STATE COME MAY 2007.HATE ALL U WANT (NO KORO NO VOTE)
KOROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
KORO 4 GOV
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2007
nobody is hating any candidate. the difference between the candidates is clear. you think koro is the best candidate, then tell us what makes him a better candidate. for months, ive been breaking down mr. pedro's candidacy, backed by facts. read this article, food for thought.

http://www.newswatchngr.com/editorial/allaccess/bob/10129121305.htm
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 9:32am On Jan 30, 2007
Mr Streetcyph, what exactly have been been breaking down? please enlighten, I seasoned banker (well known in the private sector) who happened to fit into the profile of what Tinubu and co were looking for. Now wants to be governor abeg abeg!!!!

I'm feeln you o Femilanggy "No KORO NO VOTES". To educate you Streetcyph cause you seem to be curious about KORO's credentials. That slogan was given to him by the people simply because of the results of the elections he's contested in. He has contested and won for the following elections:

Lagos Island Chairman 1990 primaries NRC ( Won but was disqualified, reason, newcomer)

State Deputy Chairman NRC (Won held position)

Lagos Island Chairman 1997 (Won held position)

1999 Gubernatorial election (Delivered the whole of Lagos Central for Tinubu, hence COMMISSIONER)

2003 Senatorial election (defeated Tinubu's candidate at primaries and won general at Tinubu's disproval)

2007 Gubernatorial election (Make no mistake, his track record is not about to change. VICTORY!!!)

So you see, there is a track record, so if it's experience NO CANDIDATE and I say it again, NO Candidate has the experience KORO has. Is it Legislative or executive experience you want, he's got it all. I believe he's a young man born to do it. energetic, tooooooooooooo passionate about Lagos. Like they say, there are two sides to a coin. Just like KORO you either Hate him or love him, the only difference his toooooooooooooo many peeps love this Cat. When I say peeps I mean the "people". If he aint loved, there is no way he will rise the way he has risen. Oke lomo lo!!!!!!! NO contest my people.

What is the Labour party going to do? who is going to be there You want to compare Tue to a rally that the who and who's of Nigeria were present at. You here that the likes of Aliko Dangote, Femi Otedola and co are having dinner for them, and your here promoting some rally Tue. By the way which sensible party would organize on a week day, when people are trying to go to work?? Lets chill on that Pedro's candidacy abeg, talk about someone who at least got a chance
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 9:40am On Jan 30, 2007
@ Street, what did you think about the rally, and tell me what you observed about their response to KORO? Let me know o, I'm sure your getting prepared for you rally today. Come n tell us how it went as well. SORRY I COULDNT MAKE IT, I WAS @ WORK.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2007
im off to the rally. will come with pictures and feedback.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 6:37pm On Feb 03, 2007
femilangy:

WHETHER U LIKE IT OR NOT KORO IS RULING LAGOS STATE COME MAY 2007.HATE ALL U WANT (NO KORO NO VOTE)
KOROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
KORO 4 GOV

No beef for KORO bt i dnt just think he is the right candidate for the job.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 06, 2007
9ja4ever who do you think is the right candidate for the job?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by sukiyaki(f): 1:36pm On Feb 06, 2007
FASHOLA BABA ni GUV'NOR. ITS FASHOLA OR NO ONE ELSE IN LAGOS STATE.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by IDERAWOLE(m): 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2007
Femi Pedro is Lagosians' best set. Apart from the thuggery required to rule a place like Lagos, all that is required for a definite change can only be found in PEDRO among all the packs of pretenders. Being the best does not translate to winning anyway, but me think that all serious minded people like those on this forum should begin to strategise on how PEDRO can take over at ALAUSA come may 2007. Every smart mind should know that the reason why Bobo TINUBU wants somebody planted in the office is just to avoid KIRIKIRI in june, I know he wont wait to be taken to KIRIKIRI. If you ask me, TINUBU will be in USA immediately after the polls in APRIL, at least on that note he is a smart guy. Make  u na leave the matter; PEDRO NA IM BE GUV. JARE. YOU REMEMBER BABA NO REGRET OF LAGOS STATE in 1991?, how did he win?, wait until then.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2007
peeps lets not decieve ourselves.fine we all want an economist like femi pedro to rule lagos but is femi pedro a grass Root man?is he a politician?this are questions we shuld ask ourselves.
Obanikoro is a grass root man to the core and the painful thing is that koro will surprise tinubu and his boys come april 2007.
i pray we all live to witness his victory

OBANIKORO FOR GOVERNOR
KORO IBOOOOOOOOOOOO
NO KORO NO VOTE
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mariory(m): 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2007
Does this Obanikoro fellow have a campaign site?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 08, 2007
sukiyaki, who is fashola?a stooge of bola tinubu and u want that man to rule Lagos?so bola tinubu can continue as underground governor?never.we dont need Godfatherism in Lagos politics let every man fight for him self.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by upson(m): 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2007
how come know one as mentioned the likes of Gbajabiamila and Agbaje  embarassed ? it only goes to show how restricted forum participants are when it comes to Lagos politics
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 7:23pm On Feb 08, 2007
Gbaja who Agbaje what? dere not in the race am sorry. but for those interested in koro, he's website is still being developed but he has posted his manifesto for people to read which is think is the most important thing. www. koro2007.com check it out.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2007
Let the best man with a good heart rule every part of Nigeria.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by upson(m): 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2007
how can anyone on Nairaland be interested in a candidate that does not have online presence. llcoolg05 just think about that, in dis present age and time  , a candidate wanting to govern Lagos is still developing his website 1 month to election. In fact, it sounds weird that u would campaign for such a person ONLINE. The likes of Hakeem Gbajabiamila that u wrote off, as got web presence since June 2006 www.gbajabiamila2007.com www.gbabe2007.com , and i guess Agbaje too.
9ja4eva i feel u jare. let the best man win   wink
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 10, 2007
story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have u checked the website and it tells u its under development?try checking it out and see what our guy has to offer.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by LePhilippe(m): 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2007
Excusse my ignorance but who is running??
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 3:36am On Feb 12, 2007
Website no count oh eyin people.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by BigB11(m): 5:13am On Feb 12, 2007
According to a reliable source, Obanikoro was in DC area yesterday and he was very impressive with the way he comported himself. He seems to be focused and has the right material to restructure Lagos State back to the real capital of Nigeria.

He has a better chance to become the next Lagos State Governor.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 10:22pm On Feb 12, 2007
Well i really think if Koro comes in he wont do any better.Pedro shld be given the chance too.If only Funsho Willams was alife.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by LePhilippe(m): 10:39pm On Feb 12, 2007
I thin Fonsho Wiliams would have given the City a goood stance in the world!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry If only!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 10:40pm On Feb 12, 2007
LePhilippe:

I thin Fonsho Wiliams would have given the City a goood stance in the world!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry If only!!

I feel u my brova.Na true talk b dt.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by LePhilippe(m): 10:46pm On Feb 12, 2007
Lagos jus JAGAJAGA. c beta person for there they con kill am!! Na wich day we go beta
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2007
You its really sad that when someone dies, that's when people know to start bestowing all glory on the person. Wasn't Funsho Williams (God rest his sole) alive during the last two elections? How come the majority of the people in Lagos didn't give him the chance to rule. I know he won the first primaries in AD before he decamped but at the general elections he lost. But now that we lost the man, everyone now wants to start saying ONLY IF. ONLY IF cannot change lagos and thats fact. We need what will change lagos. KORO can change Lagos. The energy in the man is too much. A very vibrant individual. My guy I heard DC was beautiful , he was in jand as well, I heard that was teewww madd. NOw you here Fashola too wants to go to jand. This guy sets the trend, by the way he was the first politician in Lagos to put up bill boards, now every Dick and Arrow tooo is putting up bill boards. Who is KORO? an Icon of Dynamism. Carry on dey gooo jare, Kosi Koro Kosi ibo. KORO all the way!!!!!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by lewa(m): 5:09pm On Feb 13, 2007
It's gonna be tough for Koro or whatever the thug's name to win-if he does i see a worse rendition of Tinubu's reign!The chap is a glorified urchin, that is the problem of politics in Nigeria to day-i wonder where the civil and mature ones are?PDP is a bandwagon of rogues,kleptocrats,killers, bandits and the like.Apart from Cross River where have they governed well?. Not endorsing AC/AD/PPA/DPA or whatever 3-letter alphabets they go by either
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 6:15pm On Feb 13, 2007
dc london or chicago is not where the election is taking place. it is holding in Lagos. this is the exact problem we r facing. it is only nigerian politicians that will travel abroad to hold political fundraising, when they can spend their time and resources campaigning door to door in lagos. *smh

about the billboards, he was the first to put them up because he was the first to declare. i dont see how that factors into anything.

i am waiting to hear where the candidates stand on issues of importance, not on "he said, she said, he stole, she stole" issues,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Somto Akunyili Weds Chinonso Azuzu (Photos) / GEJ Losing A Poll Carried Out By His Aide / Bandits: Soldiers And Vigilante Storm Zamfara Forest (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.