Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? (2526 Views)

2019 Senate: Can Obanikoro Be Trusted Again? / Yoruba PDP Caucus Slams Wike For Insulting The Yorubas & Obasanjo / Will Yorubas Be Able To Check The Awusa-fulani In Their One Nijeriya? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by mekaboy(m): 1:26am On Mar 06, 2017
2015 elections have passed and the APC have been unable to deliver 10% of what they promised and 2019 is fast approaching.

The situation of the country today is not the picture most Nigerians had in mind before voting APC into power.

President buhari hardly visited the SE and SS and have not visited since he won. APC needs to redeem their image and gain the trust of Nigerians before 2019. But the resources required to perform the miracle are scarce. Since the 5% and 97% saga,the people of the SE and SS have seen themselves as people neglected because of their decision during the elections.Rather than president buhari to find a way to create a bridge,went on to arrest Nnamdi Kanu, making him more popular than he was. This increased the agitation and collaboration between the SE and SS.

As it is today, buhari is not physically fit to carry out his duties as president, hence handing over to Osibanjo the VP.

Now, time is running out, economy is in a mess, and the APC have discovered how valuable the Niger delta oil regions are. They need the area to be calm so we can export more and raise enough funds to stabilize things. Rather than acknowledge this region, Buhari went ahead to search for oil in other regions. But even if they find the oil, before they can make meaningful use, 2019 is here and they are voted out.

Now osibanjo who is yoruba and Christian, believes he will be given a listening ear In the SS. He believes he can negotiate with the region to bring lasting peace for the country to move forward.

Now the demands of the Niger delta, is also interconnected with the biafran Agitation. In other for peace to come to the region, Nnamdi kanu must be released. If Kanu is not released, no peace in the SE and SS, no income for Nigeria, and failure for APC.

Now the VP osibanjo is doing this for his party interest and secondarily for national interest.

But what if he succeeds? What if he agrees to the conditions of the SS and SE and there is peace? What if there is improvement as a result of the peace? What if things begin to look good under him for the party?

Here we have another Goodluck Jonathan situation. President buhari unable to finish, osibanjo finishing his tenure, SS and SE happy with osibanjo and vow to secede if he is not re-elected. The SW also clamour for his reelection. Now history about to repeat itself.

Osibanjo to maintain peace and his agreement with the oil producing region, has to pick an IGBO VP .

So we have Osibanjo+SS+SE+SW+MB+A looking good Nigeria VS an Angry north.

So the question arises, can we from the SS and SE trust the yoruba not to chicken out when we through our weight behind osibanjo?
Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by chiefolododo(m): 1:29am On Mar 06, 2017
You cannot have the PRESIDENT AND THE VP FROM THE SOUTH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by mekaboy(m): 1:46am On Mar 06, 2017
chiefolododo:
You cannot have the PRESIDENT AND THE VP FROM THE SOUTH

Good point. Now, when the north speaks with one voice against osibanjo, and no northerner will agree to be VP to him, what happens?

The north is asking him to step aside, the rest of the country is asking him to continue.

Finally the u see the bigger picture. SE threatening to break out with SS, Yorubas threatening to break out, only the North fighting to be president of one Nigeria. What happens in this scenario?
Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by AkinPhysicist: 1:46am On Mar 06, 2017
cool angry angry cool

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by mekaboy(m): 1:48am On Mar 06, 2017
As it is today, the south is calling for restructuring while the north is against. We will eventually get to that boiling point.

3 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by Raphaelmary(m): 1:49am On Mar 06, 2017
Hmph... Ah smell front page.... Afonjas wia und dey?

3 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 06, 2017
I really wonder how IPOB can blackmail the Nigerian FG into releasing Kanu with threats of civil unrest or economic sabotage. Even the Avengers who tried blowing up pipelines to gain attention last year eventually saw the light. Nnamdi kanu is no special Nigerian, therefore he must pass throught the criminal justice system just like any other accused person. The govt cannot be arm twisted into releasing him

9 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by Horlufemi(m): 2:01am On Mar 06, 2017
They are not to be trusted

1 Like

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by mekaboy(m): 2:04am On Mar 06, 2017
By
kropotkin2:
I really wonder how IPOB can blackmail the Nigerian FG into releasing Kanu with threats of civil unrest or economic sabotage. Even the Avengers who tried blowing up pipelines to gain attention last year eventually saw the light. Nnamdi kanu is no special Nigerian, therefore he must pass throught the criminal justice system just like any other accused person. The govt cannot be arm twisted into releasing him

This is bigger than Nnamdi Kanu. This is bigger than IPOB. This is the bigger picture of where Nigeria is headed come 2019.

Who else is talking restructuring in Nigeria if not the south. Nnamdi kanus case is peanut. Even the almighty United state trade prisoners in exchange of their own. So Kanus case is insignificant, as soon as he decides to see things from osibanjo point of view.

10 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by chiefolododo(m): 2:07am On Mar 06, 2017
Osinbajo CANNOT step down under any condition. If he is forced to do so , we should forget anything called NIGERIA . Let's wait and see how everything plays out , my brother .No region is greater thanthe other
mekaboy:

Good point. Now, when the north speaks with one voice against osibanjo, and no northerner will agree to be VP to him, what happens?

The north is asking him to step aside, the rest of the country is asking him to continue.

Finally the u see the bigger picture. SE threatening to break out with SS, Yorubas threatening to break out, only the North fighting to be president of one Nigeria. What happens in this scenario?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by FastShipping: 2:15am On Mar 06, 2017
mekaboy:

You actually made that bolded statement up. Why do some of you like to deceive others? Can you mention one person who has asked Osinbajo to "step aside"?

7 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by mekaboy(m): 2:24am On Mar 06, 2017
FastShipping:

You actually made that bolded statement up. Why do some of you like to deceive others? Can you mention one person who has asked Osinbajo to "step aside"?

I am not talking about now but 2019. Before then he has gained trust of the regions, When Nigerians ask him to continue and the Northerners in APC ask him to step aside, claiming zoning agreement .

3 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by Bitterleafsoup: 2:25am On Mar 06, 2017
kropotkin2:

Has he been tried in the criminal court system like any other person?

If he was any other person making noise, he would have been already buried in an unmarked grave. Tell yourself the truth....

8 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by FastShipping: 2:28am On Mar 06, 2017
mekaboy:

I am not talking about now but 2019. Before then he has gained trust of the regions, When Nigerians ask him to continue and the Northerners in APC ask him to step aside, claiming zoning agreement .

Okay, sorry for the misunderstanding. I believe if he performs wonder between now and 2019 I don't see why would anyone have problem with him to continue being the president.
Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by yomi007k(m): 3:25am On Mar 06, 2017
grin

Noooooo.......I dont even trust myself and anybody else.
Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by KanwuliaExtra: 3:27am On Mar 06, 2017
NEVER!!!!!!
Never-Never.

Look at their past, present and future.

AFONJA SYNDROME!!! cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by Homeboiy: 4:11am On Mar 06, 2017
Trust a yoruba man today and die tomorrow
even if osibanjo becomes the president today, he will be against restructuring
forget the eyeservice he's doing today

8 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by Nobody: 4:42am On Mar 06, 2017
kropotkin2:
If you will just stop being economical with the truth. Let me remind you that it's only a person/institution of integrity that gets blackmailed or arm-twisted. Nigeria lacks this

Secondly, Mr. What specifically is Kanu's crime? Why hasn't his case done with all this while?

Kanu is just a mouth-piece of reality and destiny- Nigeria MUST be re-structured or it breaks. As long as we remain alive this day will come, that's the simple truth of things. That's the reality Nigeria has a date with

7 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by ImperialYoruba: 4:48am On Mar 06, 2017
Ahh, ani were ni ibo, were! angry

Everytime you trust us we betray you. Abi no be so? Una never learn?

Go find somebody else to trust. Yoruba no care whether you exist or not.

Awon asinwin!

8 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by ImperialYoruba: 4:53am On Mar 06, 2017
.....and for your information, Kanu must be hanged. If FG make mistake release am make dem make sure say he is taken straight to airport out of the country. SNIPERS are in wait for his @$$ should he get a release and stay put in this country.

Modafvkcng coward.

1 Like

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by 9jakool: 5:17am On Mar 06, 2017
What kind of thread is this?
Oh what perfect way to cause more divide.
Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by babyfaceafrica: 5:27am On Mar 06, 2017
Who cares?..all I know is that in 2019 na north go rule..simple!!!

1 Like

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by Bitterleafsoup: 5:29am On Mar 06, 2017
FastShipping:

Okay, sorry for the misunderstanding. I believe if he performs wonder between now and 2019 I don't see why would anyone have problem with him to continue being the president.
I know your not new to Naijungo poli tricks, why this pretending?
Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by Bitterleafsoup: 5:31am On Mar 06, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Who cares?..all I know is that in 2019 na north go rule..simple!!!
Fastshipping would like you to explain why you believe the North must rule by force.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by babyfaceafrica: 5:34am On Mar 06, 2017
Bitterleafsoup:
Fastshipping would like you to explain why you believe the North must rule by force.
PDP and APC will zone their presidency to the zone..so weyin una won do?.....

1 Like

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by MrMaestro: 5:37am On Mar 06, 2017
Now the demands of the Niger delta, is also interconnected with the biafran Agitation. In other for peace to come to the region, Nnamdi kanu must be released. If Kanu is not released, no peace in the SE and SS, no income for Nigeria, and failure for APC.

What is this notion that the Niger Delta issue can't be solved without Kanu? Also, no one in their right mind would think releasing Kanu would bring any type of peace to Nigeria. Even the most politically inept politician knows this.
Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by sekundosekundo: 5:39am On Mar 06, 2017
mekaboy:
As it is today, the south is calling for restructuring while the north is against. We will eventually get to that boiling point.

The North knows that they're parasites hence their refusals for restructuring. They used military might to create more states for themselves for systematic looting and allocation of funds. All the states in the North are barren.

6 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by sekundosekundo: 5:44am On Mar 06, 2017
FastShipping:

Which tribe disrespects and calls him ordinary commissioner?. You should know that action speaks louder than voice.
Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by HiddenShadow: 6:11am On Mar 06, 2017
Yorubas will not taste power until an Igbo man has ruled.

If Yorubas by commission or omission , rule before Igbos, Nigeria will cease to exist. kiss

Mekaboy take note

Osibanjo rule ends 2019 and he will return back to the pulpit or become a VP to another Northerner who will rule for 8years and handover to an Igbo man if he wants Biafra to be forgotten.

So Osibanjo will never exceed the post of a VP until Yoruba turn which is 32years after 2023. cool

Igbo 2023-2031
North 2031-2039
SS 2039-2047
North 2047-2055
Yoruba 2055-2063

1 Like

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by mightyhazel: 6:18am On Mar 06, 2017
chiefolododo:
Osinbajo CANNOT step down under any condition. If he is forced to do so , we should forget anything called NIGERIA . Let's wait and see how everything plays out , my brother .No region is greater thanthe other
if ur son osinbanjo is forced 2 step down,nigeria will cease 2 exist eh?

But other ppl's sons can be excluded from presidency by hook and crook for decades while rolling out wicked marginalisation policies and u yorubas bask and rejoice over it!

Other ppl's son(s) cud be held in various prisons illegally and yorubas will dance all over the cyberspace,making jests of other tribes

But soon as tinubu's boy is denied presidency,..it will be 'up in flames'

Hmmmm!

Well let me (and my nwa afos) keep observing as things unfold!
No comments!

But count us out of any conflicts when your masters upnorth brings out the big stick 2 whip u mercilessly back 2 line!

because dats wot I see in the mirror cool

8 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by EasternActivist: 6:22am On Mar 06, 2017
Something tells me that the op is a typical afonja...

The president and Vice-president cannot come from only south or only North.

With the two faced nature of yorubas which region will ever trust them.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Yorubas Be Trusted? by ImperialYoruba: 6:23am On Mar 06, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
PDP and APC will zone their presidency to the zone..so weyin una won do?.....

Zoning is non existent in Nigerian Constitution or the APC Party Constitution. We are changing the landscape, trusted hands is what we need. We need Tinubu to install at the center the template used to make Lagos a State of Excellence.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kogi State First Lady, Rashida Bello Share Beautiful Photo On Her Birthday / Chief Awolowo's Greatest Life Regret! / S.E Govs Face Removal At The Next Election For Under Performance And Ipob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.