Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? - Science/Technology (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? (91051 Views)

The Cobra I Killed Behind My House Last Night / The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? / Escaped Kano Lion Eats Ostrich As Zookeepers Mull Killing Animal (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Smartbinidude: 9:54am On Mar 10, 2017
That's a Bush baby...I heard it usually carries a small mystical mat that make pple become superrich!

O boy, where the mat dey?
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by chijioke012: 9:54am On Mar 10, 2017
yesterday's fixed game won, to subscribe for today's fix game , see details below

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Kurupt01: 9:56am On Mar 10, 2017
sainty2k3:
Despite our number on nairaland, no one has been able to identify appropriately the animal in question.
I'm quitting NL if the identity is not decoded in the next 48hrs. Thanks

The said animal is a Potto sometimes called Bowman's Potto and softy-softy.
It's conversation status is LC (least concerned)

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by MaeBlocks(f): 9:57am On Mar 10, 2017
zykson:
I just killed this animal in Uniben.please can someone help me with the name
It looks like a bear to me. Never knew we had them in Nigeria.
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by frisky2good(m): 9:59am On Mar 10, 2017
You miss road?

chijioke012:
yesterday's fixed game won, to subscribe for today's fix game , see details below
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by LordOfNaira: 10:01am On Mar 10, 2017
MaeBlocks:
It looks like a bear to me. Never knew we had them in Nigeria.

It is not a bear. It doesn't even look like a bear cub. Mind you, bears don't have tails.

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Babysho(m): 10:01am On Mar 10, 2017
apcmustwin:
I use to wonder why they don't show wild Nigeria on national geography. don't we have animals in our Thick forests? Now I know why. We kill and eat anything. Fish o, dolphins o, monkeys o, antelope even lion. Na only us hungry pass

One can make a fortune doing National Geographic in Nigeria. No one has even thought of doing it
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by sulakishop(m): 10:02am On Mar 10, 2017
I concur 200%, it's a Poto...might soon go extinct unfortunately cry cry

adanny01:
I have watched alot of National Geographic wild but cant figure what it is.

I can only say for sure its a tree dweller.

Modified

EUREKA!!!

I have been searching and finally got it.

Its called a Potto.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potto
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by mormoney85(m): 10:03am On Mar 10, 2017
damanjohn:

That's puma or panda
. is panda is that thing holds a stick it will take the entire village people to remove the hand grin
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by LordOfNaira: 10:06am On Mar 10, 2017
damanjohn:

That's puma or panda

Puma or Panda?

It doesn't look one bit like a Puma. It is obvious you don't even know what a puma is.

And Panda? Seriously, guy? I give up!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by ozoebuka1(m): 10:06am On Mar 10, 2017
Silvereze:

Guy did you kill it in Ekosodin or School Hostel.., I'm also curious to know what the animal is. Please reply if you found out
it's a slot...the laziest. animal on earth.
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Imonijesu: 10:08am On Mar 10, 2017
it look like koala
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by joenor(m): 10:10am On Mar 10, 2017
They will come for u later, why u kill am?
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by hajlat(m): 10:13am On Mar 10, 2017
frisky2good:
Maybe na the thing wey dem dey call bushbaby be dis. OP, you see mat for hin hand? grin

It's called IKI in Abeokuta.
It's not BUSH BABY.
The hands of IKI resembles human baby.
Bush baby is exactly human replica and has spiritual power,you can't kill it just like that.

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Oluwasteve23(m): 10:17am On Mar 10, 2017
The hands of the animal is just like that of a small human baby
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by LordOfNaira: 10:19am On Mar 10, 2017
Claessique1:
Jeez, scary oo
Looking like a polar bear
Just saying

Polar bear? Haba, my sister. That doesn't look like a grizzly bear let alone a polar bear. First, the animal in the OP is way too small to be a bear. Also, polar bears always appear white and are native to the Arctic Circle.

Also, bears don't have tails. Or should I say, their tails are not this noticeable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by ggoldmine: 10:36am On Mar 10, 2017
zykson:

baby bush grin
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by nams77: 10:50am On Mar 10, 2017
apcmustwin:
I use to wonder why they don't show wild Nigeria on national geography. don't we have animals in our Thick forests? Now I know why. We kill and eat anything. Fish o, dolphins o, monkeys o, antelope even lion. Na only us hungry pass
And you forgot Python.. Lala's favorite

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by nams77: 10:51am On Mar 10, 2017
[quote author=LordOfNaira post=54448476]

Polar bear? Haba, my sister. That doesn't look like a grizzly bear let alone a polar bear. First, the animal in the OP is way too small to be a bear. Also, polar bears always appear white and are native to the Arctic Circle.

Also, bears don't have tails. Or should I say, their tails are not this noticeable.[/quote
If you see bear, op. You go shit for pant
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Horlufemi(m): 10:55am On Mar 10, 2017
maasoap:

What will become extinct will become extinct. E.g. Mammoth and co. But the way we see this thing on nairaland irritates me. Even if you killed snake in your compound, they would complain. Haba!

If it will go extinct let it be a natural Extinction and not a man made Extinction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 11:49am On Mar 10, 2017
Is called pepper soup meat
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by sirExPresiDent: 11:50am On Mar 10, 2017
Bro that's a bush dog
and seriously you pretty lucky.
cause that's one violent beast.
bring it down must have not been easy I bet
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Codyt(m): 11:53am On Mar 10, 2017
BoboYekini:
That's a sloth. Oga you should be ashamed of yourself.
You better eat it. Abi you wan make e rotten waste again? Agbaya.
He could have managed to kill It cos it moves slow....
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by slysteel: 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2017
That's a specie of a possom.
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by sampariwa(m): 12:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
Dis is Panda..... National geograpgical warned dat dis very creature shuld not b killed because is no longer common in d world.... Dey found only 2 in brazil..... Few in America.... And is not aggrecive..... U shuld hav ask b4 u killed d animal...... Go nd carry chicken in d mkt... U hav won ...
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by luckydion(m): 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
the name is POTTO
zykson:
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Sunsets: 1:10pm On Mar 10, 2017
Potto confirmed, brilliant chaps are here
luckydion:
the name is POTTO
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by adanny01(m): 1:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
sulakishop:
I concur 200%, it's a Poto...might soon go extinct unfortunately cry cry

From the literature i have read, it is not endangered. It actually has very few predators because it is arboreal and nucturnal which means less contact with predators. Human beings are its major predators such as op himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Kaymaxine(m): 1:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
damanjohn:

That's puma or panda

Na nike or reebook!!!! grin grin grin

Gbegiri!!!

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by bellenornor(f): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
VeeGeeCee:
which kain question be that?
A very simple question
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by iblog: 1:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
Baby Bush Koala cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by KingGBsky(m): 2:13pm On Mar 10, 2017
bishopkay:

Which dirty scripture say not all meat should be eaten? Na the one when you write?
God told Peter nothing I created is unclean. Meaning can't be used for food.

We only have our preferences. Also, he's not trying to process guilt but y'all are making him feel guilty for killing a BUSH MEAT! OGA WAKE UP OOO THIS ONE NO BE AMERICA OOO. THIS IS 9JA

Boys even dey track Bush meat kill 4 USA on a low Na Kom for Nigeria abi

guy somebody like you suppose dey zoo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Stunning Shot Of Gorilla Surrounded By Butterflies Wins Photography Contest(Pix) / How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. / Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.