Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,371 members, 7,781,044 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:57 AM

FICTION: Aunt Nekky - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / FICTION: Aunt Nekky (1368 Views)

Yewande Omotoso & Ayobami Adebayo Nominated Baileys Women’s Prize For Fiction / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) / My Aunt’s Husband (A Short Romantic Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FICTION: Aunt Nekky by trendope: 8:00am On Mar 06, 2017
I was only 12 when my mother died in a car crash and I went to live with her mother in the village. Since, I didn’t know who my Dad was (and my Mon didn’t know either), staying with my father was out of the question.

I am sure you’re wondering how come my Mom didn’t know who the father of her only son was. Well it’s not so strange if you believe the local legend that my mom had a habit of keeping men entertained, and when she got pregnant with me, all she could say was “It should be one out of those five guys…erm…14 if you count the nine other guys I slept with the previous week.”

Anyway, I was the result of one of those dalliances and of course none of those fourteen guys ever acknowledged me. So, I lived with my mom and despite her inexplicable late nights and the mysterious man –or woman-that came back with her on some nights, I was still well cared for.

My Mom must have been a hard worker indeed because there was always food on the table, good clothes on my body and she made sure I attended very good schools. I’ve often wondered what happened when my mom met with the Principal of an exclusive secondary school in his closed office, and told me to wait outside so that she can discuss with him. Whatever she told him must have worked because I was admitted in the school right away on the school’s scholarship. But I felt it strange that both parties seemed out of breath when they opened the office and were sweating. Obviously, the air conditioner was not functioning effectively.

Continue Reading Here http://trendope.com/2017/03/06/fiction-aunt-nekky/

1 Like

Re: FICTION: Aunt Nekky by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:51am On Mar 07, 2017
If you'll take this, using the next button every three second while reading on your site turns readers off greatly. Be wise.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Sweet Is Your Tweet? / Excerpt From My Book. Criticize Pls! / In Loving Memory Of Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.