Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,278 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos (6023 Views)

Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? / How Do I Start A Fruit Juice Bar/restaurant In Nigeria? / I Want To Start An Ibo Restaurant In London And I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by bounce22: 9:34am On Dec 15, 2009
Greetings friends! I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there's a pizzeria in Lagos. If so, how is the quality of the pizza and what is the cost of a pie of pizza?
Re: Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by scottN(m): 9:43am On Dec 15, 2009
U can get a slice of pizza at city mall for 4,500 naira!
Re: Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by bounce22: 9:45am On Dec 15, 2009
Thanx ScottN. Have you eaten there? how does the pizza taste to you. Do you think It's something nigerian likes to eat? I am thinking about opening a pizza restaurant in Lagos. What do you think about the idea?
Re: Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by scottN(m): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2009
Yeah I have eaten there and it's ok. However if u 1 2 open such then focus around V.I and Lekki areas.
Re: Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by bounce22: 10:11am On Dec 15, 2009
Is pizza something popular to eat in Lagos? Why do you suggest V.I. or Lekki areas?
Re: Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by scottN(m): 10:16am On Dec 15, 2009
cos that's really where u'd really have a chance of customer base even tho' its not particularly popular amongst the folks generally especially on the mainland.
Re: Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by IykeD(m): 9:40am On Dec 16, 2009
There are quite a number of them like Pizza Splash on the mainland and island, Debonirs on Adeola Odeku and others in Ikoyi, Opebi etc so it's a not a new thing, and for the N4,500 pizza, i think it's on the high side, a family pack pizza goes for about N2,500 at most unless ofcourse it is made of "heavenly ingredients/spices".
Re: Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by mccloud224(m): 6:40am On Dec 17, 2009
After years of wondering what the hype was about pizza, i finally got to eat different forms and types from Palms and i have two words :

UTTER RUBBISH! ! !

The whole shindig is a glorified bread and stew concoction. . .nothing more.

Rubbish!

And to think i spent close to N30,000 experimenting with several flavors in the space of a month all in a bid to "figure out" what the pizza hype is all about.

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 17, 2009
^^

you might have to try the overseas ones for a better comparison-I'm not too sure about the Nigerian pizzas since I'm yet to taste them.

did the ones you ate look anything like this:

Re: Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by mccloud224(m): 7:04am On Dec 17, 2009
@tpia

Yes they did look EXACTLY like those.
Re: Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 17, 2009
hmm, I'm not too sure about that though you could be right.

look at this pizza place in PH

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7537146@N06/1314501443/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7537146@N06/1314501403/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7537146@N06/1314501425/in/photostream/

Considering the fact that even British and American mcdonalds burger joints dont always have the exact same burgers, how much more Nigeria and some other country.

Anyway, I cant say for sure until I try the Nigerian pizza sha.

but you're right- its mainly toasted bread topped with a lot of ingredients. Very tasty however.
Re: Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by bounce22: 10:33am On Dec 17, 2009
Thank you everyone for the inputs. I genuinely appreciate it.

I think pizza is good if it's done right. It's suppose to be an affordable meal for those on the go. Like with anything brought from where it originated, ingredients can be altered to fit local's taste buds. I will be in Lagos in January and will seriously look into opening the business.

If possible, can some one tell me what is a good price to charge for a slice of pizza? How much does an average professional nigerian spends on lunch or dinner. I am not referring to a high end meal, but an average meal.
Re: Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2009
^^I'm not too sure but some of the previous posts may have answered your questions somewhat.

My own question has to do with the availability of mozzarella in Nigeria. Do Nigerian pizzas have mozarrella and to what extent? Is mozzarrella easily available back home? Is it expensive?

I know all the other pizza ingredients are relatively easier to get. Except pepperoni of course, but you can always substitute that with something else.
Re: Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by tumfulu1: 6:50pm On Dec 24, 2009
You can get 2 slices of pizza for N2,369,000 at Italiana Super Pizzas located at 21, Ezekiel Ogun-Osasi Street, VI Lagos.
Re: Is There A Pizza Restaurant In Lagos by Katarina15(f): 4:43am On Feb 03, 2012
Honestly, I don't like an all meat pizza.  It's just that I don't see it as healthy as those which have veggies.
pizza party

(1) (Reply)

Trucards: Another Scam? / Prudential Life Insurance Acquires Major Stake In Zenith Life Insurance / New Biz/Entrepreneurship Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.