Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (491355 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:28pm On May 19, 2017
Ramj:

Both airlines are great. Etihad has screning at Abu Dhabi though but u have nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide.

so choice will be hers to make and maybe the cheapest too.
well said by @Ramj and also look at the connecting time between the flight.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by buchhogonzalez(m): 8:15am On May 20, 2017
Hello house,
I intend travelling to the U.S soon. I would be spending my vacation with a friend, however, I want to book a hotel for like a day or two before joining my friend. At POE can I just state that I'm staying in a hotel or do I tell them I'm going to be with a friend?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by KaptainAfrika: 11:48am On May 20, 2017
Q1: Where are you staying?
Q2: Have you met this person before i.e your friend?
Q3: Why are you spending just two days in hotel, why not stay with your friend?

the answers to those questions, should be what you tell the CBP when you arrive.

buchhogonzalez:
Hello house,
I intend travelling to the U.S soon. I would be spending my vacation with a friend, however, I want to book a hotel for like a day or two before joining my friend. At POE can I just state that I'm staying in a hotel or do I tell them I'm going to be with a friend?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 2:06am On May 21, 2017
Do I need a Heath insurance for 2 weeks vacation in the states? First Timer.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by buchhogonzalez(m): 5:48am On May 21, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Q1: Where are you staying?
Q2: Have you met this person before i.e your friend?
Q3: Why are you spending just two days in hotel, why not stay with your friend?

the answers to those questions, should be what you tell the CBP when you arrive.

I'm visiting New York for vacation.
Yes, I have met him before, but in Nigeria as this would b my first time travelling out of the country.
I don't know how he got his green card that's why I decided to start off by staying in a hotel first to avoid unnecessary stories...what do you think?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Pesuzok(m): 9:22am On May 21, 2017
buchhogonzalez:

Yes, I have met him before, but in Nigeria as this would b my first time travelling out of the country.
I don't know how he got his green card that's why I decided to start off by staying in a hotel first to avoid unnecessary stories...what do you think?

During your interview, did you put your friend as the contact person? Stick to what you used for the interview

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by KaptainAfrika: 12:38pm On May 21, 2017
"During your interview, did you put your friend as the contact person? Stick to what you used for the interview"

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COURSE OF ACTION, AS YOUR PROFILE WILL BE BROUGHT UP ON THE SYSTEM WHEN YOU ARE ASKED.

buchhogonzalez:

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:44pm On May 21, 2017
keji157:
no need for health insurance if you're on a visiting visa.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by bigbus: 4:36pm On May 21, 2017
keji157:

Health insurance is not a prerequisite for visit to the US.

Although, people don't plan to be sick -especially on a vacation-, getting a travel/health/life insurance is an option open to anyone. Just make sure you read the small print of the insurance policy, ensuring they cover incidents in the US and the conditions you need to make a claim to them.
And don't go swimming in a beach where there are sharks.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by bigbus: 5:06pm On May 21, 2017
Washington: IAD.
Nice POE experience recently. Very simple setup: very little waiting time and smooth entry.

First there were no machines, so no print outs. It was straight to the queue and straight to the CBP interview/stamping in (plus immediate customs declaration). smiley

Me: Good ... afternoon. (I was pretty tired, wanted to say good morning, but realized it could not be morning. A little later, I realized it was about 7pm really)

BO: Wetin carry you come?
Me: Na vacation sir.

BO: Wetin you go come dey do?
Me: I go go visit the Mall, see the monuments.

BO: You no go go see your padi and your family people?
(My brain was slow in catching the question. Too tired.)
Me: I get uncle, but no be him I come see. Maybe I go see am sha.

BO: You no go go see your friends.
Me: I go see my friends.

BO: So you will stay with your friends.
Me: Yes, na with my friends I go stay.
(Had filled my friend's address in the immigration landing form. He asked me about how we met and became friends and I answered).

BO: You bring any food come?
Me: No. mbah. Na only Tomtom I carry come. (I had declared the candy and their $ value in my form.)
BO: No wahala.

BO: How much you carry come?
(Told him).

BO: Nno.
Me: Thank you.

Na so I go collect my laptop (had to drop it at the boarding gate in Istanbul- a Turkish airlines offer that gains passengers a free 24 hours in-flight WiFi voucher- come see chatting over the Atlantic. grin grin grin )

Then, picked my bag; and was inspected by a dog labelled something like "Agricultural Sniffer". The leash handler of the dog thanked me and moved on.

The rest na just short simple march out of the airport. Welcome to America. God bless Nigeria, God bless America too.

9 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Dimejidude(m): 5:31pm On May 21, 2017
bigbus:
Washington: IAD.
Nice POE experience recently. Very simple setup: very little waiting time and smooth entry.

First there were no machines, so no print outs. It was straight to the queue and straight to the CBP interview/stamping in (plus immediate customs declaration). smiley

Me: Good ... afternoon. (I was pretty tired, wanted to say good morning, but realized it could not be morning. A little later, I realized it was about 7pm really)

BO: Wetin carry you come?
Me: Na vacation sir.

BO: Wetin you go come dey do?
Me: I go go visit the Mall, see the monuments.

You mean the CBP OFFICER spoke to you in Pidgin English?? Or is this some joke?

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ramj: 9:47pm On May 21, 2017
Dimejidude:

Me sef wan ask oo. Oa come and answer us oo. Pidgin Speaking CBP heheheh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:14pm On May 21, 2017
Dimejidude:
Haaaa come on... we all know it's not in pidgin and the way the poster delivered it in pidgin is topnotch... Enjoy your stay. grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by LaraPeperempe: 4:52am On May 23, 2017
Hello all, this is me giving back to this wonderful thread.
I spent so much time refreshing here because of the fear instilled in me as a first time traveller to the US.

But erm...i've always been a rebel. I did everything called a taboo for a first timer.
I packed all sorts for my cousin whom I'm visiting ( crayfish, ground pepper, egusi, ogbono, crayfish, pepper soup ingredients, stock fish, garri) I brought some African prints for her family as well. In short, I came with 2 big bags (40kg altogether) and one hand luggage.

I read a lot of negative reviews about Air Maroc but the rebel in me still went ahead to book a flight on their website. Paid at their office a sum of 364k (Good deal, I must tell).
Thursday , 18th of May, I headed to MMIA at about 3.30am. Flight was slated for 6.30am. Very smooth journey to Casablanca, 4hrs 30mins opposing the 4hrs 50mins stipulated time on my ticket.

With 5hrs layover, I was able to get a comfortable sofa to spread my body and sleep got me. I was woken up with a 'delicious' meal...chai. Their food is not it at all. I took snacks and soda to console my belly.

Fast forward, my journey to IAD (Washington Dulles airport) was coool. About 8hrs.

Straight to the POE.
It was a long one but the line started moving fast when some of us were directed to the self service machine. Some people found it difficult to use and went back to the long queue.
I quickly helped myself with it and got my print out. Straight to the guy on No 23 point. I arranged my cosmetic smile and...

CBP: Hi, can I have your passport and the print out? I won't be needing that (referring to the useless landing card given to us on board ) how long are you staying?

Me: just 3 weeks

CPB: What food items are you carrying? ( I declared I have food items on the self service machine)

Me: dry fish, ogbono, crayfish, ground egusi, pepp...

CPB: okay okay, that's fine. ( stamps my passport) Enjoy your stay.
Me: Thanks dear grin...

I come dey follow people going for secondary inspection, lol. The CBP guy with them just smiled at me and said " hi beautiful, you following the wrong people hun. Unless you wanna go back to Africa now" .
Ehn! If you see as I do usain bolt reverse. Hehehe.

Reporting live from Maryland.
Thanks people.

40 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by amuwo1980: 6:22am On May 23, 2017
where is air maroc office in lagos?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by LaraPeperempe: 10:27am On May 23, 2017
amuwo1980:
where is air maroc office in lagos?

Murtala Muhammad international airport.
Just ask anyone for direction when you get there.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by bigbus: 12:43pm On May 23, 2017
seyewest:
Haaaa come on... we all know it's not in pidgin and the way the poster delivered it in pidgin is topnotch... Enjoy your stay. grin grin grin

Thanks Seyewest.

I remembered two other questions later, but catching up with old and new friends here delayed my coming back. I have to squeeze every minute here dry, that ticket fare needs to be converted into time well spent.

The BOCBP also asked:
BO: Na only you waka come? (Are you travelling alone.)
Me: Yes.
BO: Wetin you carry? (You have checked in luggage, how many?)
Me: Yes. One piece.

Greetings from Atlanta! First time here; too many hustlers, was my impression at the airport.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2017
LaraPeperempe:
Hello all, this is me giving back to this wonderful thread.
I spent so much time refreshing here because of the fear instilled in me as a first time traveller to the US.

But erm...i've always been a rebel. I did everything called a taboo for a first timer.
I packed all sorts for my cousin whom I'm visiting ( crayfish, ground pepper, egusi, ogbono, crayfish, pepper soup ingredients, stock fish, garri) I brought some African prints for her family as well. In short, I came with 2 big bags (40kg altogether) and one hand luggage.

I read a lot of negative reviews about Air Maroc but the rebel in me still went ahead to book a flight on their website. Paid at their office a sum of 364k (Good deal, I must tell).
Thursday , 18th of May, I headed to MMIA at about 3.30am. Flight was slated for 6.30am. Very smooth journey to Casablanca, 4hrs 30mins opposing the 4hrs 50mins stipulated time on my ticket.

With 5hrs layover, I was able to get a comfortable sofa to spread my body and sleep got me. I was woken up with a 'delicious' meal...chai. Their food is not it at all. I took snacks and soda to console my belly.

Fast forward, my journey to IAD (Washington Dulles airport) was coool. About 8hrs.

Straight to the POE.
It was a long one but the line started moving fast when some of us were directed to the self service machine. Some people found it difficult to use and went back to the long queue.
I quickly helped myself with it and got my print out. Straight to the guy on No 23 point. I arranged my cosmetic smile and...

CBP: Hi, can I have your passport and the print out? I won't be needing that (referring to the useless landing card given to us on board ) how long are you staying?

Me: just 3 weeks

CPB: What food items are you carrying? ( I declared I have food items on the self service machine)

Me: dry fish, ogbono, crayfish, ground egusi, pepp...

CPB: okay okay, that's fine. ( stamps my passport) Enjoy your stay.
Me: Thanks dear grin...

I come dey follow people going for secondary inspection, lol. The CBP guy with them just smiled at me and said " hi beautiful, you following the wrong people hun. Unless you wanna go back to Africa now" .
Ehn! If you see as I do usain bolt reverse. Hehehe.

Reporting live from Maryland.
Thanks people.
wow Ms Usain Bolt grin ... Nice of you to give back... Enjoy your holiday nothing do you...

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by MrLP: 1:09pm On May 25, 2017
MrLP:

Hello from NY. Enroute Boston now. Free wifi on the bus. Turkish airlines was splendid. POE...
Men....they didn't even have our time. Lol.
Thank God.
Uodate later. 17hrs on plane no be beans. I am so famished.
Update later!

Yeah...
I am back.
The journey wasn't funny at all.
Menh...Turkish airlines are very ok. I don't know why people run from them. The cabin crew were working almost all tru. Dem wan kill.person with food. Always asking u care for anything. From tea to coffee, juice, beer, wine...even shots of strong drink.
Well it was like 6:30 hours to Istanbul, journey was smooth but tiring. Just saw one movie. We were 5 traveling as a family. We utilized all our baggage allowance. We had 10big bags in total and 5 hand luggages. Trust US people... They want to sew this and that, bring this and that. Despite all the warnings not to carry too many load...omo, we carry am. We con be like who win visa lottery. Customs immigration and co...corrupt people. Dem say dem nor fit check all these bags oo. Make dem check 2 pass the rest..make we bless them cheesy. Smh. Immigrations to stamp us out delayed abit cos of my lil cuz. Had to go to their supervisor with the consent letter and all. I forgot to mention i bought hand scale... I measured all bags b4 we left home. The airlin officials were surprised that all bags no matter how big..was just on point. 23kg or a lil lesser. We were to have 1.45hrs layover but as we landed...by the time we got to our boarding gate...omo...they av boarded. We even sat down....thinking we can relax...na si dem shout..ur plane us about leaving...u want to sit...omo na so we jump up o. No much questions asked..straight to the plane. This time na Oyinbo full am....with my 5 member family...we were less than 10 Blacks. Lol. 10hrs 20mins journey began. No be smal thing. I tire!! When they announced we were in JFK and about to land. My mind started raising..the loads, money doesn't look adequate for 5 people, my lil cuz. All the stories i av read on NL. We joined the queue and i was thinking. Our turn

CBPO: (looks somehow) how many of u?
We are 5 ma'am

CAN I HAVE YOUR PASSPORTS
(hands over with landing form)

(STARTS SCANNING AND ASKS MY DAD TO PLACE IS THUMB......) Whist asking WHAT ARE YOU HERE FOR?
wedding of my daughter.

OH OK, HOW LONG ARE YOU STAYING?
6 weeks

(LOOKS UP) 6 WEEKS? HOW MUCH IS WITH YOU?
......$

(LOOKS UP AGAIN) AND YOU STAYING 6 WEEKS WITH 5 FAMILY MEMBERS?
(dad now jittery) we both stammered and reaponded that they already had everything taken care of before we embarked on journey (dad added he also sent some money down before coming)

WHAT DO YOU DO IN NIGERIA?
(me and dad answered together...dad saying a businessman, me saying he has his company)

AM I TALKING TO ONE PERSON OR TWO PEOPLE.
(we keep quite)

ARE YOU GOING STRAIGHT TO MD OR YOU ARE STAYING IN NY FIRST.
(Answer with my dad same time again) No straight to MD. (Dad taps me with code cos she squeezed her face a lil)

(CALLS THE NAME ON THE NEXT PP, FINGER PRINTS AND STAMPS IN- GOT TO MY COUSIN)
WHO IS SHE
Mum answers my sister's daughter

WHY IS SHE HERE
she is part of the bridal train
(mum tries to hand over consent papers..she collects scans for just a second, returned it...all the while she already stamps her in)

NOW THE SHOCKER

(SHE COMES OUT OF HER CUBICLE AND COMES TO MEET US WHERE WE WERE STANDING, HANDED OVER THE LANDING FORM AND SAID HAND THIS OVER TO ANY CUSTOM OFFICER AND TELL THEM YOU ARE 5, THEY WILL ONLY CHECK YOUR FOODS. (smiling at us this time.)...AND ENJOY YOUR STAY.

We got 9 boxes...one was missing. We looked for it and didn't see it. So we had to go to the next point handed over the card. Directed us to where they will check food...we were scanning all bags....they guy just said...dont worry about the rest.( dem nor get time.. Lol). They checked the foods... Allowed all to pass and we are out. grin

Went to report missing bag. Well they founf it 4 days after and used Fedex to send it. It was intact!

Parents went to MD, while me,my bro and lil cuz to Boston.

We are reuniting on Friday. Wedding is Sat in MD.

7hrs journey...my aunt her friennds all going with a rented Van

21 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:12pm On May 25, 2017
MrLP:

Yeah...
I am back.
Menh...Turkish airlines are very ok. I don't know why people run from them. The cabin crew were working almost all tru. Dem wan kill.person with food. Always asking u care for anything. From tea to coffee, juice, beer, wine...even shots of strong drink.
Well it was like 6:30 hours to Istanbul, journey was smooth but tiring. Just saw one movie. We were 5 traveling as a family. We utilized all our baggage allowance. We had 10big bags in total and 5 hand luggages. Trust US people... They want to sew this and that, bring this and that. Despite all the warnings not to carry too many load...omo, we carry am. We con be like who win visa lottery. Customs immigration and co...corrupt people. Dem say dem nor fit check all these bags oo. Make dem check 2 pass the rest..make we bless them cheesy. Smh. Immigrations to stamp us out delayed abit cos of my lil cuz. Had to go to their supervisor with the consent letter and all. I forgot to mention i bought hand scale... I measured all bags b4 we left home. The airlin officials were surprised that all bags no matter how big..was just on point. 23kg or a lil lesser. We were to have 1.45hrs layover but as we landed...by the time we got to our boarding gate...omo...they av boarded. We even sat down....thinking we can relax...na si dem shout..ur plane us about leaving...u want to sit...omo na so we jump up o. No much questions asked..straight to the plane. This time na Oyinbo full am....with my 5 member family...we were less than 10 Blacks. Lol. 10hrs 20mins journey began. No be smal thing. I tire!! When they announced we were in JFK and about to land. My mind started raising..the loads, money doesn't look adequate for 5 people, my lil cuz. All the stories i av read on NL. We joined the queue and i was thinking. Our turn

We are 5 ma'am

(STARTS SCANNING AND ASKS MY DAD TO PLACE IS THUMB......) Whist asking WHAT ARE YOU HERE FOR?
wedding of my daughter.

6 weeks

......$

(dad now jittery) we both stammered and reaponded that they already had everything taken care of before we embarked on journey (dad added he also sent some money down before coming)

(me and dad answered together...dad saying a businessman, me saying he has his company)

(we keep quite)

(Answer with my dad same time again) No straight to MD. (Dad taps me with code cos she squeezed her face a lil)

WHO IS SHE

WHY IS SHE HERE
(mum tries to hand over consent papers..she collects scans for just a second, returned it...all the while she already stamps her in)

NOW THE SHOCKER

(SHE COMES OUT OF HER CUBICLE AND COMES TO MEET US WHERE WE WERE STANDING, HANDED OVER THE LANDING FORM AND SAID HAND THIS OVER TO ANY CUSTOM OFFICER AND TELL THEM YOU ARE 5, THEY WILL ONLY CHECK YOUR FOODS. (smiling at us this time.)...AND ENJOY YOUR STAY.

We got 9 boxes...one was missing. We looked for it and didn't see it. So we had to go to the next point handed over the card. Directed us to where they will check food...we were scanning all bags....they guy just said...dont worry about the rest.( dem nor get time.. Lol). They checked the foods... Allowed all to pass and we are out. grin

Went to report missing bag. Well they founf it 4 days after and used Fedex to send it. It was intact!

Wow... This is another angle... Enjoy your stay.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by borryworld: 2:13pm On May 25, 2017
MrLP:

Yeah...
I am back.

We are 5 ma'am

wedding of my daughter.

6 weeks

......$

(we keep quite)

WHO IS SHE

WHY IS SHE HERE

NOW THE SHOCKER

Nice. Enjoy your stay

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by MrLP: 3:50pm On May 25, 2017
borryworld:
Nice. Enjoy your stay
Thanks
seyewest:

Wow... This is another angle... Enjoy your stay.
Yes o. Thanks.
I think they don't have time in that JFK..terminal 1.
As in she don even stamp my papa in as she dey ask questions.
Even the screening of bags..cos food was declared. As we pass like 4 bags....dem look the bags ...like abeg...leave this ones carry am pass...no need to scan. (No time)
The officer didn't even ask why we came in tru JFK, howmwe will get to MD..she just stamped us all in. And na she i dey fear b4...cos her face strong. On the queue... We were just like 10 blacks sef. Not sure she even pulled out our form online cos she didn't even ask anything about it. All the questions i was expecting being an adult with my bro..like where do u work.blabla...nothing. Na so we enter yankee o. All the preps j ad fear amounted to nothing
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:25pm On May 25, 2017
MrLP:

Thanks

Yes o. Thanks.
I think they don't have time in that JFK..terminal 1.
As in she don even stamp my papa in as she dey ask questions.
Even the screening of bags..cos food was declared. As we pass like 4 bags....dem look the bags ...like abeg...leave this ones carry am pass...no need to scan. (No time)
The officer didn't even ask why we came in tru JFK, howmwe will get to MD..she just stamped us all in. And na she i dey fear b4...cos her face strong. On the queue... We were just like 10 blacks sef. Not sure she even pulled out our form online cos she didn't even ask anything about it. All the questions i was expecting being an adult with my bro..like where do u work.blabla...nothing. Na so we enter yankee o. All the preps j ad fear amounted to nothing
Since you're not hiding anything you have no reason to fear... and it's better to be prepared.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by MrLP: 1:03am On May 26, 2017
Our van looks like Aeroplane. grin cheesy Lol

"Flying" us in a 7hrs journey to MD.

I will be visiting Tx from there with family.

Will be going by air.

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Fabrepass77: 3:31am On May 26, 2017
LaraPeperempe:

Murtala Muhammad international airport.
Just ask anyone for direction when you get there.

Congrat...can you kindly share your visa interview transcript... Thank u

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:27pm On May 26, 2017
Fabrepass77:

Congrat...can you kindly share your visa interview transcript... Thank u
what transcript? she's giving someone direction.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by reasonbobo: 8:43pm On May 26, 2017
Good Evening House, please i really need your help, in my DS 160 Form i filled my point of entry is Texas. But i went to go visit my uncle in New Jersey first.
Please would i have any issue at the Airport cause of this ?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ess: 9:05am On May 27, 2017
MrLP:
Our van looks like Aeroplane. grin cheesy Lol

"Flying" us in a 7hrs journey to MD.

I will be visiting Tx from there with family.

Will be going by air.

Adding picture spices the thread more...enjoy!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by wande85: 1:56pm On May 27, 2017
Ess:

Adding picture spices the thread more...enjoy!
wande85:
hello everyone, my name is wande, am new here, good job guys
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by wande85: 2:10pm On May 27, 2017
wande85:
h
wande85:
hello everyone pls i need help, am a Masters student of an institution in Jamaica, have been here since August 2015 and i gt my b1/b2 US visa here in Kingston, Jamaica to attend my cousins wedding in Orlando ( Feb). i went with my uncle, the son, wife and his boss. we only spent 4 days and my uncle sponsored my trip. we all returned to Kingston, Jamaica together. Now am on Holiday and i attend to visit Dallas, Tx dis August and am planing to spend 6 or 7 days, just on tourism because i dont know anyone in Texas. Please i dont know if it would be safe for me to go because my brother who works with Chevron in Nigeria would be sponsoring my trip and my uncle here as well...... Tnx so much.... waiting for response please.

Note please my student visa would expire next year Feb, and i intend to extend it before the end of this year.
ello everyone pls i need help, am a Masters student of an institution in Jamaica, have been here since August 2015 and i gt my b1/b2 US visa here in Kingston, Jamaica last year Dec. to attend my cousins wedding in Orlando ( Feb). i went with my uncle, the son, wife and his boss. we only spent 4 days and my uncle sponsored my trip. we all returned to Kingston, Jamaica together. Now am on Holiday and i attend to visit Dallas, Tx dis August and am planing to spend 6 or 7 days, just on tourism because i dont know anyone in Texas. Please i dont know if it would be safe for me to go because my brother who works with Chevron in Nigeria would be sponsoring my trip and my uncle here as well...... Tnx so much.... waiting for response please.

Note please my student visa would expire next year Feb, and i intend to extend it before the end of this year.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:22pm On May 27, 2017
wande85:
hello everyone pls i need help, am a Masters student of an institution in Jamaica, have been here since August 2015 and i gt my b1/b2 US visa here in Kingston, Jamaica last year Dec. to attend my cousins wedding in Orlando ( Feb). i went with my uncle, the son, wife and his boss. we only spent 4 days and my uncle sponsored my trip. we all returned to Kingston, Jamaica together. Now am on Holiday and i attend to visit Dallas, Tx dis August and am planing to spend 6 or 7 days, just on tourism because i dont know anyone in Texas. Please i dont know if it would be safe for me to go because my brother who works with Chevron in Nigeria would be sponsoring my trip and my uncle here as well...... Tnx so much.... waiting for response please.

You're free to visit U.S anytime so far the CBP officer allow you into the U.S also look online and reserve a nice hotel of your choice.. I believe you're good to go.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ramj: 9:42pm On May 27, 2017
seyewest:

You're free to visit U.S anytime so far the CBP officer allow you into the U.S also look online and reserve a nice hotel of your choice.. I believe you're good to go.
I agree with sir SeyeWest. just have enough dollars on you and make your hotel reservation set

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.