Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:38 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (489279 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by asid(m): 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
watlat4sure:
Hi,

1. Want to confirm if Travelden is a reliable travel agent. Their ticket is cheaper than others.

2. Traveling with my family but will like to visit my uncle in houston and Newyork while my family travel direct to chicago.
My trip - lagos - Newyork - Houston - Chicago -Lagos while my family - Lagos - Chicago - Lagos.

We will all come back together but not leaving together. I mentioned i have other relative in my ds160. Our visa was issued separately but chicago is our destination.

Dont want to stress my pocket if am taking the whole family on my tour cos we are still going to Florida. We intend 2 spend 21days as stated in our ds160.Hope we are good to go. Just want to be on the safe side

@ seyewest and others.

Thank you.

Why not compare with wakanow & travelstart

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by watlat4sure: 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2017
Done that already. Travel start is 50k cheaper than Wakanow while Travelden is 100k cheaper than the two.

Thank u.

asid:

Why not compare with wakanow & travelstart
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by watlat4sure: 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
watlat4sure post=59902421

:

Done that already. Travel start is 50k cheaper than Wakanow while Travelden is 100k cheaper than the two.

Thank u.

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
watlat4sure:
Hi,

1. Want to confirm if Travelden is a reliable travel agent. Their ticket is cheaper than others.

2. Traveling with my family but will like to visit my uncle in houston and Newyork while my family travel direct to chicago.
My trip - lagos - Newyork - Houston - Chicago -Lagos while my family - Lagos - Chicago - Lagos.

We will all come back together but not leaving together. I mentioned i have other relative in my ds160. Our visa was issued separately but chicago is our destination.

Dont want to stress my pocket if am taking the whole family on my tour cos we are still going to Florida. We intend 2 spend 21days as stated in our ds160.Hope we are good to go. Just want to be on the safe side

@ seyewest and others.

Thank you.

If I'm in your position I will do Lagos-chicago-Lagos for everybody and get myself a domestic ticket to New york,Houston and Florida
or better still do Lagos-Florida-Chicago-Lagos and do a separate ticket for NY and Houston.
What do you think?
*Travelden is not really different price wise from travelstart or wakanow. Your measure should be by what the airlines are offering and seating class.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by watlat4sure: 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
seyewest:

Is same Airline ,Aircraft , departure and Economy on all the three travel agent website. Just wondering why theirs is 100k cheaper .

Thank you for ur suggestion, not a bad one.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by watlat4sure: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2017
[.[/quote]

Is same Airline ,Aircraft , departure and Economy on all the three travel agent website. Just wondering why theirs is 100k cheaper .

a
/quote]
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by westo2017: 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
Yes I know I will tell them the reason for extra 2 weeks but I'm just concerned if that will not raise red flag. I don't intend to overstay because I have to come back to my job.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:53am On Aug 29, 2017
westo2017:
Yes I know I will tell them the reason for extra 2 weeks but I'm just concerned if that will not raise red flag. I don't intend to overstay because I have to come back to my job.
Go ahead with your trip.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:55am On Aug 29, 2017
watlat4sure:

I've checked and compared from September through January the difference at most was N35000.
May you're talking about a promo fare.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jel10: 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
Pls how can I book a big vehicle than can convey me and my family to the hotel from the airport when I arrive us.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olumig(m): 6:34am On Aug 30, 2017
jel10:
Pls how can I book a big vehicle than can convey me and my family to the hotel from the airport.
Use Uber, Taxify or local airport cabs
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jel10: 9:59am On Aug 30, 2017
olumig:
Use Uber, Taxify or local airport cabs
In Us
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Sweetypie: 1:08pm On Aug 30, 2017
Good day every, i must commend the administrators of this site of the good job they are doing here.
Now back to my question. I have a US B1/B2 visa which i got last year july and the reason i gave was i was to accompany my MD with his family to Minnesota for vacation, unfortunately, the wife and kids went early this year (January precisely) but my MD is yet to travel which makes me not to utilize my visa yet because it seems he is not willing to travel again. Now I'm planning on travelling to Texas for vacation in March next year so as not to waste the visa, will the CBP not ask me why i am changing where i initially stated in my ds-160?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olumig(m): 12:21am On Aug 31, 2017
jel10:

In Us
YES
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jel10: 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2017
Would there be any need for insurance??
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Abuleoshi: 11:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
tolumartins:
URGENT ATTENTION!!!!

I NEED TO KNOW SOME THINGS...

I got my Visa August 1st ..B1/B2 Tourist Visa, On my Ds 160 Form i filled intended date of travel as 10th Nov ..but now i want to Travel Oct 6TH....

Would this be a problem at the POE ?

Also can i travel with 2 luggages full of clothes and foodstuff? (on my form i filled in 7 days of staying in the United States) ...

What type of Foodstuff isn't a problem?

Thank You..

I really need this information..Kinda scared...

2 bags full of clothes? Oga you want to "lun" away from Nigeria bah... I see your plans, CBP officer also knows your plans!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by purplecircle: 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2017
westo2017:

Hi, firstly just state what you filled on your form. Dont let anyone put you in trouble. If your form says 2 weks say it . Only go further if you are asked. Afterall you mostly will be stamped in for 6 months.
Because my reasoning is you stating 4 weeks oppose to ve filled 2 weeks is a GREAT RED FLAG.
Anywaz whichever works for you.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by purplecircle: 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2017
Bella78:
URGENT HELP

Hello,

Pls I have questions, I intend to travel to Dallas next month for 2weeks with my 2 kids (4 n 2)years old for vacation ,the father is not joining us ,this is my first time .pleas

1 what is the cheapest flight to take
2 what are the questions to be asked
3 at point of VISA we mentioned we were going to New York but change mind now to go to Dallas ,will der be a problem

Pls kindly respond thank you

This change of route is somehow o.. because from experience at POE your form is pulled up to ask you questions.
So once you go off the script RED FLAG.
So think well about that plan.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by KaptainAfrika: 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2017
He should say the truth or stick to his what he said at the interview/form. He might just be stamped in for just two weeks, its very possible.

purplecircle:

Hi, firstly just state what you filled on your form. Dont let anyone put you in trouble. If your form says 2 weks say it . Only go further if you are asked. Afterall you mostly will be stamped in for 6 months.
Because my reasoning is you stating 4 weeks oppose to ve filled 2 weeks is a GREAT RED FLAG.
Anywaz whichever works for you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by KaptainAfrika: 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2017
1. Think of the answer you will give to this potential question "WHY ARE YOU COMING TO DALLAS, AND NOT NEW YORK?"
Bella78:
URGENT HELP

Hello,

Pls I have questions, I intend to travel to Dallas next month for 2weeks with my 2 kids (4 n 2)years old for vacation ,the father is not joining us ,this is my first time .pleas

1 what is the cheapest flight to take
2 what are the questions to be asked
3 at point of VISA we mentioned we were going to New York but change mind now to go to Dallas ,will der be a problem

Pls kindly respond thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by purplecircle: 2:14am On Sep 03, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
He should say the truth or stick to his what he said at the interview/form. He might just be stamped in for just two weeks, its very possible.

Possible but rarely happens

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bella78: 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2017
My daughter was sick that's why we cud not make the trip to New york last year , now we r going to Dallas for 20days but d info we gave was 14days will it be an issue .
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Donaltus: 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2017
Bella78:
My daughter was sick that's why we cud not make the trip to New york last year , now we r going to Dallas for 20days but d info we gave was 14days will it be an issue .
I don't think there is any issue with that since they will stamp you in for 6 months,get any new invitation to USA and there will be no problem at the PO

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by KaptainAfrika: 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2017
So long as the explanation is reasonable to the CBP Officer. You will be fine.

Bella78:
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2017
Bella78:
In case they ask.. you have to explain why you're spending 20 days instead of 14days.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by naijarazzi: 12:17am On Sep 04, 2017
Hello guys,

I got visit visa last month for a two day training which I was supposed to attend tomorrow. Ur as it is, I won't be able to go, as I've been asked to stand in for a colleague who was given a bereavement leave. My company is planning to schedule me for the training against early 2018. However, my leave starts next month, and I'm thinking of going on vacation to us during my leave.

What are my chances?

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:23am On Sep 04, 2017
post=60107636:
Hello guys,

I got visit visa last month for a two day training which I was supposed to attend tomorrow. Ur as it is, I won't be able to go, as I've been asked to stand in for a colleague who was given a bereavement leave. My company is planning to schedule me for the training against early 2018. However, my leave starts next month, and I'm thinking of going on vacation to us during my leave.

What are my chances?
Don't even bother traveling to U.S if it's not for training/conference because it's a business visa and you must use it for that purpose.
So you have no chances... maybe you should look for a training and conference that coincidence with your travel plans.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by naijarazzi: 9:39am On Sep 04, 2017
seyewest:

Don't even bother traveling to U.S if it's not for training/conference because it's a business visa and you must use it for that purpose.
So you have no chances... maybe you should look for a training and conference that coincidence with your travel plans.
ok. Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jenny2007(f): 10:29am On Sep 04, 2017
post=60107636:
Hello guys,

What are my chances?

If you have the b1/b2 class of visa then you are free to travel with for vacation and / or business. You must show the CBP at the point of entry that you are a legimate visitor though and not an intending immigrant. Your purpose of visit on every trip should prove this.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by naijarazzi: 1:58pm On Sep 04, 2017
jenny2007:

If you have the b1/b2 class of visa then you are free to travel with for vacation and / or business. You must show the CBP at the point of entry that you are a legimate visitor though and not an intending immigrant. Your purpose of visit on every trip should prove this.
thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jenny2007(f): 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2017
post=60123274:
thanks

I forgot to add, incase if you are asked at POE why you didn't travel on the dates listed on your visa application, explain to the POE the reason for change of plans as you (mentioned here). Take any documentary evidence showing the post-ponement of the said training (I.e, from your office). This is just incase the POE needs to see this (he/she may or may not require it but better safe than sorry). Goodluck!

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Jephehe: 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I just wish to share my experience from US Visa application, POE and Itinerary.

I applied for US Visa to see a distance family friend in California that offered me an Invitation with his white lady. At the time of interview i said i am going to California and the Visa was issued to my whole family of 4.

The day we attended the interview our Host and his family was in Nigeria for their mother's burial.

After 4 months (The date in my DS-160 was a different one entirely) we all travel to New York and spend 2 days in NY and used a local flight to CA.

At the POE it was a never an interview setting as i have prepared for but just a smooth easy going thing.

last 2months I and my family flew to JFK NY and pick a local flight and head to Canada without any interview at the POE.

My kind advice is that since you have a valid US visa you can enter through any Airport in any part of US without stress, DS-160 information you filed in should not worry you.

Been there done that.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.