Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,084 members, 7,807,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (491778 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2017
godsfavoritee:

Ethiopia only goes to Newark in Jersey..
Newark is less than 30 mins from manhattan,New York so newark is perfectly okay.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by DrGaius(m): 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2017
seyewest:

Tell them you came to hustle and that you have no plan to return.... Please don't come here again.. you're one of the reason they do not issue visa to genuine travelers to the U.S.

Oboy you well so?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Rachie83: 10:42am On Dec 30, 2017
We arrived at Newark, New Jersey exactly 7: pm US time via Ethiopian airline (1:am naija time). We left Lagos 11:25am got to Lome 15mins later stop over for like 30mins then proceeded to a journey of about 11hours:30mins. No problem at all at point of entry

My husband : How are you sir?

Officer : I am fine, where are you heading to?

My husband: Orlando florida

Officer: Then why newark

My husband: Ethiopia airline is fast and cheaper and no direct flight to orlando.

Officer : Are you here alone?

My husband : No with my wife, where is she? ( Meanwhile I was on the que thought other officer would have to attend to me)

We were stamped in but I didn't see any 3 or 6 month stamp o.

I just woke up in Newerk now (4:30am).
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tallboo: 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2017
Rachie83:
We arrived at Newark, New Jersey exactly 7: pm US time via Ethiopian airline (1:am naija time). We left Lagos 11:25am got to Lome 15mins later stop over for like 30mins then proceeded to a journey of about 11hours:30mins. No problem at all at point of entry

My husband : How are you sir?

Officer : I am fine, where are you heading to?

My husband: Orlando florida

Officer: Then why newark

My husband: Ethiopia airline is fast and cheaper and no direct flight to orlando.

Officer : Are you here alone?

My husband : No with my wife, where is she? ( Meanwhile I was on the que thought other officer would have to attend to me)

We were stamped in but I didn't see any 3 or 6 month stamp o.

I just woke up in Newerk now (4:30am).

Did u book from newark to orlando before you left naija?
Also coming to orlando very soon with family.
Can you pm so i can get more information. Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by oketg: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2017
Good day in the house. I need an advice. The family of 4 travelled to US. If husband decided to stay and the the wife with two kids retuned to Naija will this in anyway affect the wife and the kids to revisit US anytime. Please note the wife and kids only spent 2 weeks out of 6months given
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Rachie83: 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2017
tallboo:

Did u book from newark to orlando before you left naija?
Also coming to orlando very soon with family.
Can you pm so i can get more information. Thanks
No, we did not.We book an hotel for a night in Newerk. Let's talk here so that others can benefit.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2017
oketg:
Good day in the house. I need an advice. The family of 4 travelled to US. If husband decided to stay and the the wife with two kids retuned to Naija will this in anyway affect the wife and the kids to revisit US anytime. Please note the wife and kids only spent 2 weeks out of 6months given
Why will the husband want to stay behind?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Otg001: 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2017
seyewest:

Why will the husband want to stay behind?

The husband has lost his job while wife still has job to manage with and we all know Nigeria situation.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bossman(m): 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2017
Ok, then why is he not going back to Naija to look for another job? Why stay in US where he can't work legally anyway. He can certainly stay, as long as he has not exceeded the duration he is allowed to stay in the US.,

Otg001:

The husband has lost his job while wife still has job to manage with and we all know Nigeria situation.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by oketg: 12:41am On Dec 31, 2017
[quote author=Bossman post=63754878]Ok, then why is he not going back to Naija to look for another job? Why stay in US where he can't work legally anyway. He can certainly stay, as long as he has not exceeded the duration he is allowed to

Let leave him for now. I am only intrested on wife returning to us anytime. Will there be any issue for them?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2017
[quote author=oketg post=63756824][/quote]
Why are you forcing us to comment on something that is illegal... if they got the visa together just know that his family won't get visa anymore if the husband did not apply with them his travel history stated that he's still in US ...They're on their own.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Otg001: 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
seyewest:

Why are you forcing us to comment on something that is illegal... if they got the visa together just know that his family won't get visa anymore...They're on there own.

I am not forcing you. We are all here to learn and tap from wide range of experience. Happy new year in advance.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
Otg001:

I am not forcing you. We are all here to learn and tap from wide range of experience. Happy new year in advance.

Happy New Year in advance and let us not derail the thread.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by haywhy1: 1:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
My experience at the POE.... After the short queue for passport and visa verification alongside passport taking and finger prints

Me: Good morning.

CBP Officer: Morning; Passport please?

CBP Officer: Why are you in the U.S?

Me: For Vacation

CBP Officer: With Who?

ME: My sister

CBP Officer: Where does she stay?

Me: Maryland

CBP Officer: How long are you staying?

Me: 2 weeks

CBP Officer: Okay, welcome to the U.S. Stamped me in for 6 months.

Me: Thank you.

Me: heads to pick my luggages

No need for panic if your intention in the U.S is pure and straightforward.

N:B
If you are going to the US for the first time, please don't forget the address of the family or friends you used in filling your form..... Its very important......you will be asked .

I appreciate you guys for series of experience shared and most especially the administration of this forum..... GOD BLESS

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by coldsummer: 4:10pm On Dec 31, 2017
Good morning all. Arrived Atlanta yesterday about 6 pm. Will update you soon
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2017
haywhy1:
My experience at the POE.... After the short queue for passport and visa verification alongside passport taking and finger prints

Me: Good morning.

CBP Officer: Morning; Passport please?

CBP Officer: Why are you in the U.S?

Me: For Vacation

CBP Officer: With Who?

ME: My sister

CBP Officer: Where does she stay?

Me: Maryland

CBP Officer: How long are you staying?

Me: 2 weeks

CBP Officer: Okay, welcome to the U.S. Stamped me in for 6 months.

Me: Thank you.

Me: heads to pick my luggages

No need for panic if your intention in the U.S is pure and straightforward.

N:B
If you are going to the US for the first time, please don't forget the address of the family or friends you used in filling your form..... Its very important......you will be asked .

I appreciate you guys for series of experience shared and most especially the administration of this forum..... GOD BLESS
Nice to know... Which airport is your POE.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2017
coldsummer:
Good morning all. Arrived Atlanta yesterday about 6 pm. Will update you soon
Yes oooo
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by haywhy1: 4:08pm On Jan 01, 2018
seyewest:

Nice to know... Which airport is your POE.

JFK
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TheCongo2: 5:31pm On Jan 01, 2018
oketg:

As long as the husband doesn't overstay(going beyond the 6 months given), the family will be doing fine.
Hope all is well for the family
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:56am On Jan 02, 2018
[quote author=TheCongo2 post=63800295]

I will like to inform you that this thread is strictly for POE experience any other issue should be directed to the U.S embassy

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TheCongo2: 1:56pm On Jan 02, 2018
[quote author=seyewest post=63821462][/quote]

Ok boss. But on another thread u have told a nairalander not to tell u what to write. So, am I been bullied here?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by coldsummer: 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2018
MY OWN PORT OF ENTRY EXPERIENCE - Very Disappointing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

PORT OF ENTRY - ATLANTA

EQUIPMENT - AIR FRANCE

DATE 30TH DECEMBER, 2017

So I left Nigeria through Abuja as I went to the village for funeral and Christmas. On getting to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport with my brother, I passed my bags through the scan machine, collected them at the other end and proceeded to the Air France area. 1st lady stopped me and weighed my bags and wrote the weights on the bags, then wished me a safe flight. There was a guy sitting right before the check in area who requested for my passport, flipped through and asked where I was going and I responded Atlanta. ¨Boss wetin dey for me. Drop me something na¨. I did not respond. He put a security sticker on my passport and asked me to go to check in.

Checked in my bags and collected my boarding pass with customs declaration paper where i was asked to declare how much I was carrying. I did. It was time for me to proceed to the waiting area upstairs and as i was going, i was asked by a customs guy to return the declaration paper. He looked through and started looking at me like kilode. I was just looking like I didn´t even know what was going on. Then he said oga find us something. you dey run leave us for Nigeria for this new year. I said I didnt have Naira, he said buy you fit give us from the dollars. I just ignored and said if you are done please i would like to go upstairs. He said ok and handed me the passport.

We left at 11:20 pm and arrived Paris CDG airport at 5:50am. I Had 8 hours wait for I moved to Immigration and got stamped into Paris. (I have a valid Schengen Visa). came back to the airport and went to wait for clearance. 2 men asked everyone same questions,

1. Are you travelling for business or pleasure.
2. Did you pack your bags yourself.
have a nice flight

Oh the food on the plane from Paris to Atlanta was BAD. Couldn´t swallow it.

FINALLY WE GOT TO ATLANTA

Upon arrival, we were directed to the machines to scan our visas, and get a print out. Did mine and moved to go wait in line. It was less than 4 minutes. Finally it was my turn and the CBP beckoned at me to come.

Me: Hi
CBP: Hi. (reaching out for my passport and opens it) Do you have anything to declare?
Me: No
CBP: (stamps me in 6 months and handed my passport). Enjoy your stay

I was angry. why did you not ask me why i came, where i wil stay, what i do, if my belt fits, will i like the food here, its cold will i be ok.

I vex. I vex no be small.

anyway, the cold here no be joke sha. -11 degrees. Sun will be shinning like this but it´s not like Nija sun that can fry plantain. This sun is weak.

I went out to buy a sim card yesterday o, the guy says $40. I paid and he said they were doing a promo so I was entitled to a phone. Na the phone i dey use browse since o. A cute Samsung phone looking like an iPhone 7.

People here are randy sha! chaaaaiii everywhere you go, someone is very willing cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2018
TheCongo2:

Ok boss. But on another thread u have told a nairalander not to tell u what to write. So, am I been bullied here?

Haaaa bro your own too much grin but let us not derail it.. How're you? Happy New year.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
coldsummer:
MY OWN PORT OF ENTRY EXPERIENCE - Very Disappointing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

PORT OF ENTRY - ATLANTA

EQUIPMENT - AIR FRANCE

DATE 30TH DECEMBER, 2017

I went out to buy a sim card yesterday o, the guy says $40. I paid and he said they were doing a promo so I was entitled to a phone. Na the phone i dey use browse since o. A cute Samsung phone looking like an iPhone 7.

People here are randy sha! chaaaaiii everywhere you go, someone is very willing cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

wow... Nice transcript remember to visit Lennox Square... grin
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by nigeriainfo: 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2018
hello@oga seye. please I will be visiting U.S soon. my question is can I drive with Local driver Licence issued here in Nigeria? or i should get international driver licence here before leaving Nigeria? I wish to drive ooo. @oga seye. please I will be visiting U.S soon. my question is can I drive with Local driver Licence issued here in Nigeria? or i should get international driver licence here before leaving Nigeria? I wish to drive ooo pls advise and other gurus can contributes
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
nigeriainfo:
hello@oga seye. please I will be visiting U.S soon. my question is can I drive with Local driver Licence issued here in Nigeria? or i should get international driver licence here before leaving Nigeria? I wish to drive ooo. @oga seye. please I will be visiting U.S soon. my question is can I drive with Local driver Licence issued here in Nigeria? or i should get international driver licence here before leaving Nigeria? I wish to drive ooo pls advise and other gurus can contributes

I don't know oooo... you can google and research it.. please get back to us when you get something on it.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Mbamto: 9:19pm On Jan 02, 2018
seyewest:

Haaaa bro your own too much grin but let us not derail it.. How're you? Happy New year.
but I don't think thecongo2 derailed by answering, the question is about POE, if the husband stays back a little longer and the rest return, will the wife and kids have issues at POE when next they are visiating the US?

Thecongo2, how is the snow? My kids are willing to tell the CPB officer that we want to see snow grin
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2018
Mbamto:
but I don't think thecongo2 derailed by answering, the question is about POE, if the husband stays back a little longer and the rest return, will the wife and kids have issues at POE when next they are visiating the US?

Thecongo2, how is the snow? My kids are willing to tell the CPB officer that we want to see snow grin

Well it's not like they shared their POE experience here while the question is about status and what they're trying to do is illegal and you know it so it makes no sense trying to help them.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by signature2012(m): 12:34am On Jan 03, 2018
nigeriainfo:

You can drive with your local naija license.Just make sure you have your international passport with you while driving.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by haywhy1: 2:19am On Jan 03, 2018
coldsummer:

PORT OF ENTRY - ATLANTA

EQUIPMENT - AIR FRANCE

DATE 30TH DECEMBER, 2017

So I left Nigeria through Abuja as I went to the village for funeral and Christmas. On getting to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport with my brother, I passed my bags through the scan machine, collected them at the other end and proceeded to the Air France area. 1st lady stopped me and weighed my bags and wrote the weights on the bags, then wished me a safe flight. There was a guy sitting right before the check in area who requested for my passport, flipped through and asked where I was going and I responded Atlanta. ¨Boss wetin dey for me. Drop me something na¨. I did not respond. He put a security sticker on my passport and asked me to go to check in.

Checked in my bags and collected my boarding pass with customs declaration paper where i was asked to declare how much I was carrying. I did. It was time for me to proceed to the waiting area upstairs and as i was going, i was asked by a customs guy to return the declaration paper. He looked through and started looking at me like kilode. I was just looking like I didn´t even know what was going on. Then he said oga find us something. you dey run leave us for Nigeria for this new year. I said I didnt have Naira, he said buy you fit give us from the dollars. I just ignored and said if you are done please i would like to go upstairs. He said ok and handed me the passport.

We left at 11:20 pm and arrived Paris CDG airport at 5:50am. I Had 8 hours wait for I moved to Immigration and got stamped into Paris. (I have a valid Schengen Visa). came back to the airport and went to wait for clearance. 2 men asked everyone same questions,

1. Are you travelling for business or pleasure.
2. Did you pack your bags yourself.
have a nice flight

Oh the food on the plane from Paris to Atlanta was BAD. Couldn´t swallow it.

FINALLY WE GOT TO ATLANTA

Upon arrival, we were directed to the machines to scan our visas, and get a print out. Did mine and moved to go wait in line. It was less than 4 minutes. Finally it was my turn and the CBP beckoned at me to come.

Me: Hi
CBP: Hi. (reaching out for my passport and opens it) Do you have anything to declare?
Me: No
CBP: (stamps me in 6 months and handed my passport). Enjoy your stay

I was angry. why did you not ask me why i came, where i wil stay, what i do, if my belt fits, will i like the food here, its cold will i be ok.

I vex. I vex no be small.

anyway, the cold here no be joke sha. -11 degrees. Sun will be shinning like this but it´s not like Nija sun that can fry plantain. This sun is weak.

Are you talking about the boost mobile?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by haywhy1: 2:25am On Jan 03, 2018
nigeriainfo:

You can't drive with the Nigerian drivers license.... Its better you process the international drivers license before coming down. It is acceptable for international drivers during their short stay. It normally takes few days in processing... All you need is your current drivers license, 2passport photographs and processing fee...... I hope this helps?

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TheCongo2: 5:09am On Jan 03, 2018
seyewest:

Well it's not like they shared their POE experience here while the question is about status and what they're trying to do is illegal and you know it so it makes no sense trying to help them.

seyewest, at least for this one let's try to agree to disagree
Otg001 or oketg indicated that at the POE, a family of 4 were given permission to stay in the States for 6 months.
After 2 weeks, the wife decided to return to Nigeria with the kids while the husband stay behind.
What is illegal about that? So long as the husband doesn't go beyond the 6 months, there is nothing wrong.
I have seen that you have been throwing a lot the word illegal on many posts and you have been accusing people without any proof.
What happened to the presumption of innocence?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.