Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1138569 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by bentube(f): 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
mummy ibeji hope you are good?

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Sanniboi(m): 1:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
helo mrs hope ntin happen?
Re: Tradition - A Story by smartaphyl(m): 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2017
what's wrong na...why will she stop here

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
Please ooo my friends, fans and family, words cant even be enough for me to explain my nonchalant and lazy attitude towards this story... But all of a sudden, i think reading and writing too much stories with all its twists and turns has affected me somehow... I reject....

But many dramas that i only see in stories and movies has been happening in my life... I'm frustrated... I dont know what to do... I've shed enough tears that i've never shed before... You just wont understand... I come online just to read stories and keep myself happy... But one thing i want you all to know is that no one/family's perfect...

Story continues... Love you all!!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tradition - A Story by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Please ooo my friends, fans and family, words cant even be enough for me to explain my nonchalant and lazy attitude towards this story... But all of a sudden, i think reading and writing too much stories with all its twists and turns has affected me somehow... I reject....

But many dramas that i only see in stories and movies has been happening in my life... I'm frustrated... I dont know what to do... I've shed enough tears that i've never shed before... You just wont understand... I come online just to read stories and keep myself happy... But one thing i want you all to know is that no one/family's perfect...

Are expecting update tonight?
Re: Tradition - A Story by genius43(m): 6:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
Chumzypinky:

It is well ma...
Re: Tradition - A Story by Hantonia(f): 6:56pm On Nov 20, 2017
Chumzypinky:

It Is Well Ma May God Be With U And Ur Family May His Guidance Continue 2 Be Wit U Always never 4get 2 Put All Tinz To God In prayer
Re: Tradition - A Story by Gloryejims(f): 7:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
Chumzypinky:

Love you too...
It is well God is in control...

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
'so whats going to be your next step of action?' Chinwe asked as she entered the throneroom.

The Igwe gazed at her 'why are you here?'

'i sensed you'd be thinking about what happened today... So i thought i could speak with you'

'what do you think?'

'everything happened so fast... Just today we were asked to vacate the palace and then you're finding your daughter'

'i'm confused Chinwe. I should never have slept with Freda. My mistakes as a man started from that moment'

'did you ever love her?'

'who?'

'Freda'

'i...liked her. Lusted after her. She was beautiful and vulnerable then. I was lonely and needed someone beside me. I took advantage of her in the beginning.. That i'm really sorry for'

'what about Ngozi? I thought you loved her?' She sat on a stool close to him 'she was your favourite... She still is'

'i loved her... But she was hardly ever there for me... She never gave me peace of mind... I still love her. She remains my one and only'

She smiled 'that hurts'

'i'm sorry'

'no its nothing. We've all gotten used to it. The fact that you might never love us and treat us well' The smile never left her lips.

'i'm sorry Chinwe. I was forced to...'

'there's no need to explain...' She reached for his hands 'you gave me a wonderful gift... You gave me Mma. And she's the best thing that ever happened to me'

'will Mma ever forgive me?' He held unto her hands tightly 'i wronged her'

She closed her eyes then opened it again 'whatever you did, you thought was best. Mma should never have slept with Ikenna inside a bush. It was degrading for her status'

'what if they were truly in love?'

'no one approved of their relationship. Ikenna was a notorious pickpocket'

'perhaps Mma would have changed him. She has refused to get married. I feel guilty most times. She doesnt want to have anything to do with me. I'm her father'

'everything will be alright Igwe. If Mma and Ikenna are destined to be together... Nothing would come between them'

He breathed deeply 'i hope so'

'so you're going ahead with the DNA test?'

'yes. We've agreed to go for the test tomorrow. Remember we're leaving the palace in three days time'

'yes... Have you made plans? Where's everyone moving to?'

'oh yes. I've thought of it. And i've decided to let you all go. You deserve a better man Chinwe and the others also. You need another man that will shower you with all the love and attention you need. I would always cater for all my children. They will never lack as long as i'm alive. Wache has already decided to go back to her father's house... Start up a business and await the gods to choose another husband for her. I've decided to settle her with a million naira, rent a place for her and award her one of the cars. She'll never lack. I'll also care for my children'

'thats a good idea. But what about me?' Tears stung her eyes.

'you have to go Chinwe. Mma will always be my responsibility and i'll never see her suffer. Just tell me what you want and i'll do it for you'

She looked down at her expensive wrapper as a tear dropped on her thights 'i have no one to go to. My parents are dead'

'that doesnt mean the world has ended Chi. I'll get you a very good house here in the village or in the city... Start a business for you there and make sure you're established. I'll always be there for you and....'

'i want to go to Canada. I want to be with my sister'

'you want to relocate to Canada?'

'yes... Mma and i'

He squeezed her hands 'what will you do when you get there?'

'i'll start the jewelry business i've always wanted to'

'i'll provide funds for that'

'i'll miss you Igwe'

He smiled and drew her closer. He pecked her forehead. He had made love to her just twice since they've been married. First time was when he was drunk and she conceived. Second time was five years after Mma's death. She had come to his room that night with watery eyes begging him to make love to her. She was a woman and blood flowed in her veins. He had had pity on her.. And made that night everything about her. She was a wonderful woman.

'what about you. What are your plans?'

'Ngozi and i are relocating. We're going to Ghana. We dont want to be too far from home'

'hmmm.... You still chose her above everything' She smiled sadly.

'i'm sorry'

'its okay. I'm not sad. I'm happy for both of you....'

The door swung open and Ngozi entered with red eyes, they quickly disentangled 'Igwe, i need to see you right now!' She left closing the door behind her.

'maybe there's a problem' Chinwe said.

'i'm not interested. I want to be alone'

'please go'

He sighed and rose 'alright'

She quickly stood up 'lets make love this night. Please i beg you. For the last time'

TBC

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by cyndy1000(f): 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2017
Wao finally the long awaited update! I almost gave up on this story. Thanks for the update more strength, data, knowledge to you.
Re: Tradition - A Story by silver94(m): 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
Due to the long absence I ve forgotten who mma and chinwe is. First I read mma is my responsibility. In another paragraph, I read after mma's death. Pls someone should refresh my memory

5 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by brohimot(f): 11:24pm On Nov 20, 2017
Mum twins there's always ups and downs in life. Always pray over it and I'm sure God will make a way for u. Pls don't let it affect u physically and emotionally too much cos of ur family.
Re: Tradition - A Story by smartaphyl(m): 11:28pm On Nov 20, 2017
kinda confused too o
Re: Tradition - A Story by possibilita(m): 4:58am On Nov 21, 2017
embarassed
Re: Tradition - A Story by itsandi(m): 8:41am On Nov 21, 2017
Nice update smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Tradition - A Story by phayth(f): 10:43am On Nov 21, 2017
Thanks for the update.Whatever you are going thru, just know that "this too shall pass". I pray for strength and courage to rise above what is making you sad. It's well with you.
Re: Tradition - A Story by kendo60(m): 1:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mummy Chumsy, whatsoever that cause you to shed tears, will never happen again in your life. I will advise you to be strong whenever challenges come up. May God almighty be with You..!
Re: Tradition - A Story by onometee(f): 2:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
Share your stories with us.. send them to tinaonome8@gmail.com .... You can also sell your stories too..

just visit link below to view our website.. cool

www.topxnovellas.com
Re: Tradition - A Story by bimberry1307(f): 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2017
chumzypinky, my MIL, whatever you're going through now is just a phase. don't worry, it will definitely wear off. relax, you hear? na so married life be. it's gonna be okay.
Re: Tradition - A Story by donsanctus4real: 9:23pm On Nov 21, 2017
Chumzypinky:

my princess whatever you faces just keep calm nd hand everything to God cos he said dat d battles dosent belong to us but for him... d living God.. as a minor minister I proclaim all dose mouth that says against u shall come bk nd tell congratulations.. I need ur number so dat we can talk.

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 11:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
Thanks everyone for ur concern... I'm so sorry for not updating today... Pls forgive me.

God has been by my side all through and i promise that once i overcome what i'm passing through now, i'll share everything because y'all are my little family that i can always share things with and be happy.. But for now pray for me, i dont want the divorce to push through

2 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by SPDAZZY(f): 12:00am On Nov 22, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Thanks everyone for ur concern... I'm so sorry for not updating today... Pls forgive me.

God has been by my side all through and i promise that once i overcome what i'm passing through now, i'll share everything because y'all are my little family that i can always share things with and be happy.. But for now pray for me, i dont want the divorce to push through

May Jah help you and strengthen your marriage bond. Try your best to resolve whatever it is with your partner and ask God for the rest. It is well.
Re: Tradition - A Story by donsanctus4real: 1:30am On Nov 22, 2017
Chumzypinky:

my dear d Lord shall be ur strength... just keep in touch with him he will never let u down... pray till sumtin happen.. I will also remember u
Re: Tradition - A Story by xaviercasmir(m): 6:13am On Nov 22, 2017
Chumzypinky:

my God will see you through this problem ma’am. Just have faith
Re: Tradition - A Story by excelmerry: 6:27am On Nov 22, 2017
God will answer your prayers. As you've said it, so shall it be. May God keep u and your family together in an unbreakable bond. It is well with u dear..
Re: Tradition - A Story by Gloryejims(f): 7:15am On Nov 22, 2017
Chumzypinky:

Don't fear, God is in control dear... You'll surely come out victorious
Re: Tradition - A Story by saraphina(f): 7:38am On Nov 22, 2017
Chumzypinky:

I rebuke and reject every divorce surrounding you in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:13am On Nov 22, 2017
Chumzypinky:
'so whats going to be your next step of action?' Chinwe asked as she entered the throneroom.

The Igwe gazed at her 'why are you here?'

'i sensed you'd be thinking about what happened today... So i thought i could speak with you'

'what do you think?'

'everything happened so fast... Just today we were asked to vacate the palace and then you're finding your daughter'

'i'm confused Chinwe. I should never have slept with Freda. My mistakes as a man started from that moment'

'did you ever love her?'

'who?'

'Freda'

'i...liked her. Lusted after her. She was beautiful and vulnerable then. I was lonely and needed someone beside me. I took advantage of her in the beginning.. That i'm really sorry for'

'what about Ngozi? I thought you loved her?' She sat on a stool close to him 'she was your favourite... She still is'

'i loved her... But she was hardly ever there for me... She never gave me peace of mind... I still love her. She remains my one and only'

She smiled 'that hurts'

'i'm sorry'

'no its nothing. We've all gotten used to it. The fact that you might never love us and treat us well' The smile never left her lips.

'i'm sorry Chinwe. I was forced to...'

'there's no need to explain...' She reached for his hands 'you gave me a wonderful gift... You gave me Mma. And she's the best thing that ever happened to me'

'will Mma ever forgive me?' He held unto her hands tightly 'i wronged her'

She closed her eyes then opened it again 'whatever you did, you thought was best. Mma should never have slept with Ikenna inside a bush. It was degrading for her status'

'what if they were truly in love?'

'no one approved of their relationship. Ikenna was a notorious pickpocket'

'perhaps Mma would have changed him. She has refused to get married. I feel guilty most times. She doesnt want to have anything to do with me. I'm her father'

'everything will be alright Igwe. If Mma and Ikenna are destined to be together... Nothing would come between them'

He breathed deeply 'i hope so'

'so you're going ahead with the DNA test?'

'yes. We've agreed to go for the test tomorrow. Remember we're leaving the palace in three days time'

'yes... Have you made plans? Where's everyone moving to?'

'oh yes. I've thought of it. And i've decided to let you all go. You deserve a better man Chinwe and the others also. You need another man that will shower you with all the love and attention you need. I would always cater for all my children. They will never lack as long as i'm alive. Wache has already decided to go back to her father's house... Start up a business and await the gods to choose another husband for her. I've decided to settle her with a million naira, rent a place for her and award her one of the cars. She'll never lack. I'll also care for my children'

'thats a good idea. But what about me?' Tears stung her eyes.

'you have to go Chinwe. Mma will always be my responsibility and i'll never see her suffer. Just tell me what you want and i'll do it for you'

She looked down at her expensive wrapper as a tear dropped on her thights 'i have no one to go to. My parents are dead'

'that doesnt mean the world has ended Chi. I'll get you a very good house here in the village or in the city... Start a business for you there and make sure you're established. I'll always be there for you and....'

'i want to go to Canada. I want to be with my sister'

'you want to relocate to Canada?'

'yes... Mma and i'

He squeezed her hands 'what will you do when you get there?'

'i'll start the jewelry business i've always wanted to'

'i'll provide funds for that'

'i'll miss you Igwe'

He smiled and drew her closer. He pecked her forehead. He had made love to her just twice since they've been married. First time was when he was drunk and she conceived. Second time was five years after Mma's death. She had come to his room that night with watery eyes begging him to make love to her. She was a woman and blood flowed in her veins. He had had pity on her.. And made that night everything about her. She was a wonderful woman.

'what about you. What are your plans?'

'Ngozi and i are relocating. We're going to Ghana. We dont want to be too far from home'

'hmmm.... You still chose her above everything' She smiled sadly.

'i'm sorry'

'its okay. I'm not sad. I'm happy for both of you....'

The door swung open and Ngozi entered with red eyes, they quickly disentangled 'Igwe, i need to see you right now!' She left closing the door behind her.

'maybe there's a problem' Chinwe said.

'i'm not interested. I want to be alone'

'please go'

He sighed and rose 'alright'

She quickly stood up 'lets make love this night. Please i beg you. For the last time'

TBC
Ate you a lover of babecue?

Check my signature
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 22, 2017
Chumzypinky:

May God see you through.. It is well
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chigold121(f): 8:45am On Nov 22, 2017
Chumzypinky:

. My dear God is ur strength, everything will be fine again to the glory of God.
Re: Tradition - A Story by bummybummy(f): 9:36am On Nov 22, 2017
I pray that God should scatter every plan of devil in ur marriage in Jesus name. ur Home z healed nd I bring back love and unity into ur household in Jesus name. be strong my sista, d storm is over
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nickibeauty(f): 11:01am On Nov 22, 2017
God is your strength ma be strong

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.