Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:16 PM

How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires (12896 Views)

The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best / Faced With Sexual Desires Or Have Wet Dreams & You Are Unmarried?learn From This / Who Are The Salaf? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by tintingz(m): 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Kb has done justice to it really. But lemme add to it. One thing is, wen it comes to the worldly issues like wen someone does a bad thing to me, it is A thing I can simply overlook etc.

But wen it comes to the deen, I can be harsh regarding that..
for instance, we see adults making noise in d masjid or just outside d masjid, I USLUBical tell dem straight up ni, 'ah daddy end disturb Wa or somtyn in a respectful manner. Sotey dem go shock say 'Alfa Rabeeu ti o gentle ko re ni...or Alfa Rabiu ti o man ba a won Omo kekere se awada re ni'.
SMH...

1 Like

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
Allaah says in suratul kahf;

Say "Shall we inform you of the greatest losers as to [their] deeds?

[They are] those whose effort is lost in worldly life, while they think that they are doing well in work."

how i wish people who engage in bidah stop their bidah, so they wont be like those mentioned in this aayah.

may Allaah guide them to the sunnah and may he keep us and perfect our ways in striving to follow the sunnah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2017
The people of innovation should reflect on the concluding part of this hadeeth.

Narrated Al-Bara 'bin `Azib:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said to me, "Whenever you go to bed perform ablution like that for the prayer, lie or your right side and say, "Allahumma aslamtu wajhi ilaika, wa fauwadtu `Amri ilaika, wa alja'tu Zahri ilaika raghbatan wa rahbatan ilaika. La Malja'a wa la manja minka illa ilaika. Allahumma amantu bikitabika-l-ladhi anzalta wa bina-biyika-l ladhi arsalta" (O Allah! I surrender to You and entrust all my affairs to You and depend upon You for Your Blessings both with hope and fear of You. There is no fleeing from You, and there is no place of protection and safety except with You O Allah! I believe in Your Book (the Qur'an) which You have revealed and in Your Prophet (Muhammad) whom You have sent). Then if you die on that very night, you will die with faith (i.e. or the religion of Islam). Let the aforesaid words be your last utterance (before sleep)." I repeated it before the Prophet (ﷺ) and when I reached "Allahumma amantu bikitabika-l-ladhi anzalta (O Allah I believe in Your Book which You have revealed)." I said, "Wa-rasulika (and your Apostle)." The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "No, (but say): 'Wanabiyika-l-ladhi arsalta (Your Prophet whom You have sent), instead."(Bukhari)

moral, stop where the prophet stopped, don't add, don't remove.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 23, 2017
can't believe i ignored this thread..... a short coming on my part..... may Allaah forgive our shortcomings..

Imaam as-Saaboonee (died around 449H) said about Ahlus-Sunnah that: "They follow the Salafus-Saalih the Imaams and the Scholars of the Muslims, and they cling to the firm deen that they clung to and to the clear truth. And they hate Ahul-Bid'ah (the People of Innovation) who innovate into the Deen that which is not from it. They do not love them and they do not keep company with them. They do not listen to their sayings, nor sit with them, nor argue with them about the Deen, nor debate with them. Rather, they protect their ears from hearing their futility; things, which if they pass through the ears and settle in the hearts, will cause harm and cause doubts and wicked ideas to appear. And concerning this Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, sent down: And when you see people engaged in vain discourse about Our Signs, then turn away from them unless they turn to a different theme."

{Risaalah fil-I'tiqaad Ahlus-Sunnah Ashaabil-Hadeeth, p. 100, of Imaam as-Saaboonee.}

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
How good is this statement of Imaam Al- Awza'ee (رحمه الله تعالي):

"If Bid'ah appears and the people of knowledge don't fight it, it will become Sunnah"

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
Al-Hassan Al-basree(may Allaah have mercy on him) said;

DO not sit with a person of bid'ah(innovation in the religion of Allaah), for verily your heart will be sickened (by his bid'ah).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2017
Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah ( ﺭﺣﻤﻪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ) said:

( ﻣﻦ ﻇﻦ ﺃﻧﻪ ﻳﺄﺧﺬ ﻣﻦ ﺍﻟﻜﺘﺎﺏ ﻭﺍﻟﺴﻨﺔ ﺑﺪﻭﻥ ﺃﻥ ﻳﻘﺘﺪﻱ ﺑﺎﻟﺼﺤﺎﺑﺔ ﻭﻳﺘﺒﻊ ﻏﻴﺮ ﺳﺒﻴﻠﻬﻢ ﻓﻬﻮ ﻣﻦ ﺃﻫﻞ ﺍﻟﺒﺪﻉ )

“Whoever presumes that he takes from the Book and the Sunnah without taking the example of the Companions and follows other than their path then he is from the Ahl ul-Bid’ah.”

[Mukhtasir Fatawa al-Misareeyah, pg 556]

1 Like

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2017
Ibn Mas'ud (رضي الله عنه) said:-

"For every Bid'ah, Allaah has created a beloved worshipper who will refute them."

[Ibn Waddah Al- Bidah p14]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Demmzy15(m): 10:05am On Apr 13, 2017
angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by AbuHammaad: 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2017
Wow!! Awesome thread Abdelkabir..

How come I'm just seeing this? Jazakallahu Kahyran

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by AbuHammaad: 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2017
My Keyboard is always changing it to Jazakumullah Khayran even when I intend to pray for one person.

Praying for everyone isn't bad afterall grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 13, 2017
It is reported that Al-Ḥasan Al-Baṣrī – Allāh have mercy on him – said:

Do not sit with the people of desires (Bidʿah, heresy), even if you think you have a response [to what they say].

Al-Harawī, Dhamm Al-Kalām article 765

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by AbuHammaad: 2:54am On Apr 14, 2017
I dare say there is no religion on Earth with a Fiqh as robust as that of Islam, that's if they even have at all. All they rely on is logic and sense. There is no daily manual. You just do whatever you like your own way.

This is another proof of the trueness of Islam. I don't think all these false religions have tafsir of their scriptures either.

Our religion is a perfect one with no blemishes. Sorry, we aren't interested in debates.

Al yawmu aklamtu lakum diinakum wa atmamtu alaykum ni'matii wa radiitu lakumul Islam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by moufan: 10:27am On Apr 14, 2017
nice one op,jazakhumllahu akhiran
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Guruboi(m): 10:32am On Apr 14, 2017
And those are the people we have today (people of Bid 'ah)... All in the money they tend to innovate things in the deen. May Allah safeguard us!

But i have a question, pls is ceremony (named as Sadakah) after the death of someone, is it forbidding ?
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by talk2hb1(m): 10:33am On Apr 14, 2017
People mislead people out of ignorance, those who know not claim to know, and those who know claims not to know. Bidiah, Fatwaa, Blow Pentangon, kill Americans, september 11.
Boko Haram recruiters!!!
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 14, 2017
Guruboi:
And those are the people we have today (people of Bid 'ah)... All in the money they tend to innovate things in the deen. May Allah safeguard us!

But i have a question, pls is ceremony (named as Sadakah) after the death of someone, is it forbidding ?

Salam alaykum brother,

I think you might find your answers here.

https://www.nairaland.com/3300519/death-islam-proper-burial-techniques
https://www.nairaland.com/3309267/death-islam-proper-burial-techniques
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Guruboi(m): 11:34am On Apr 14, 2017
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by lebienconnu: 3:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
Bid'a is a very complex topic.
I have a question about using counting rosary (tesuba) being classified a bid'a because the holy prophet (saw) did not use it. Can someone please shed more light on this? The reason why I am confused is that tesbih itself is not part of solat. So why should using the rosary to do tesbih be called bid'a. please help explain.

1 Like

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
lebienconnu:
I have a question about using counting rosary (tesuba) being classified a bid'a because the holy prophet (saw) did not use it. Can someone please shed more light on this? The reason why I am confused is that tesbih itself is not part of solat. So why should using the rosary to do tesbih be called bid'a. please help explain.

Fortunately, I've posted something on that right here on this thread, pls read patiently....

AbdelKabir:
Using of Tesuba/Masbaha/Tasbih is bid'ah; let us shut the manhaj of "Awon Baba so pe"(The babas said) or that dusty manhaj of Qaala shaykh!!

Let us hold tight to the rope of Allaah and punch down together the heavy storm of shaytaan (bid'ah)!!

bidah is what made Christianity what it is today, very far from its pristine religion.

Ash-Shaykh Muhammad Nasir al-Deen al-Albani
said in Al-Silsilat al-Da’eefah (1/110), where he quotes the (weak) hadeeth “What a good
reminder is the subhah [masbahah]" “In my view, the meaning of this hadeeth is invalid for a number of reasons:

Firstly, the subhah [masbahah] is bid’ah and was not known at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It happened after that, so how could he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) have encouraged his Sahabah to do something that was unknown to them? The evidence for what I have said is the report narrated by Ibn Waddah in Al-Bid’ wa’l-Nahy ‘anha from al-Salt ibn Bahram, who said:

'ibn Mas’ood passed by a woman with a masbahah with which she was making tasbeeh, and he broke it and threw it aside, then he passed by a man who was making tasbeeh with pebbles, and he kicked him then said, “You think you are better than the Sahabah, but you are following unjustified bid’ah! You think you have more knowledge than the Companions of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)!”’ Its isnad (chain of transmission) is saheeh (authentic) to al-Salt, who is one of the trustworthy (thiqah) followers of the Tabi’een (Successors).

[if a Muslim did this today, he would be labelled a fanatic]

Secondly, it goes against the guidance of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon
him). ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr (may Allah be pleased with him) said, ‘I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) counting the tasbeeh on his right
hand.’”

He also said (1/117): “If there is only one bad thing about the masbahah, which is that it takes the place of the Sunnah of counting on the fingers, even though all are agreed that counting on the fingers is preferable, then that is bad enough. How rarely I see people counting their tasbeeh on their fingers!

Moreover, people have invented so many sophisticated ways of following this bid’ah, so you see the followers of one of the [Sufi] tareeqahs (orders) wearing the masbahah around their necks! Or some of them counting with the beads whilst talking or listening to you! Or another one – the like of whom I have not seen for some time – riding his bicycle through a street crowded with people, with the masbahah in one of his hands!

They are showing the people that they are not distracted from the remembrance of Allaah for even an instant, but in many cases this bid’ah is a cause of their neglecting what is obligatory (wajib). It has happened many times – to others as well as myself – that when I greet one of these people with salam, they answer only by waving and not by saying the words of the greeting. The bad results of this bid’ah are innumerable, and no one can say it better than the Imam Maalik who said:

‘All goodness is in following that which went before (the salaf),

All badness is in the innovations of those who
came later.’”

And Allaah knows best.
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by AbuHammaad: 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
Just to add to the convo:

As regards the use of Masbaha, there is a hadith narrated by Umm Salamah reported in Sunan Abi Dawud that the prophet saw one of his wives counting stones during Dhikr. The prophet prohibited her from doing that and told her to count her fingers instead. And he said those fingers are going to intercede for her on the day of judgment

So you don't leave something as rewarding as this and start counting Masbaha because what counting stones is equivalent to today is the use of Masbaha

Shaykh Bakr bin Abu Zayd wrote in detail about this in his book, As-Subhah. He said the use of Subhah is from the Kuffar especially the Roman Catholics. So to be using that during worship might come across as imitating the Kuffar and we all know what the prophet said about that.

Also, there is no single authentic hadith that advise us to use anything other than the fingers.

Allaahu A'lam

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Empiree: 6:40pm On Apr 14, 2017
lebienconnu:
Salaam, I honestly avoided this bida thread bcus it is just one of the many irrelevant topics i see these days. As you rightly said, bid'ah is very complex topic. And all muslims past and present at some point have committed bid'ah. So i see this thread as pointing a finger at people but the rest of the fingers point right back at you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So you may have to ask for details of his narration above. We read in hadith about doing dhikr at maximum recorded to be 100 times. Like reciting subhanallah, Alhamdulilah, lailaha ilaAllah, Astagfullah etc 100 times. Be sincere to yourself, can you actually do this with your fingers without losing counts?.

There is also hadith where nabi(SAW) instructed his wives to recite tasbih 33 times each before sleeping. Can you do this when, in fact, you already half dosed?. The problem is, some people think they can be like sahaba. Sahaba have strength and are people of highest firasa (spiritual acumen) . How can you compare yourself with these people's levels?. So it is possible for some sahaba to recite tesbih without Masbaha. Those who could not do so with fingers used Masbaha. Even reciting subhanllah 33 times with focus, many of us today will still lose focus. You have the right to train your children to use their fingers to count up to 33 times each. There is no problems with that. But there are some dhikr you make in hundreds and thousands, there is no way you can count them with your fingers. What you need to ask now is, if using Masbaha (tesuba) is bid'ah, why is it now recognized by majority of muslims and muslim countries?. It is sold in Jeddah Saudi Arabia grin grin grin Go and tell those sellers it is bida'h, you will lose your head with it cheesy

See, those people that tagged it bida'h are lazy people. shocked shocked grin grin In the masjid i pray, they think just like op and co. They shout bid'ah all the time even though they believe in doing tasbih 33 times after fard salat. Not once i see them do tasbih(dhikr) after salat save once in a while. Once Imam says "salaam alaikum". They all stand up and leave 80% of the time. Yet, in the same masjid, Masbaha is sold grin grin grin

Why not condemn and send the woman packing for selling bid'ah?. Go to any masajid in USA, they have islamic bookstores inside them and they all sell Masbaha (tesuba). So these ones here dont understand perhaps. Why didnt Saudi ban it long time ago if it was bida'h and yet they are sold right under their nose?.

The thing is using it is private matter. Some silly people display it foolishly. Thank God the way i was raised. I use it where i pray and leave it right there. If i clutch it around, it is only in my room or compound. I dont display it foolishly and i dont condemn those who do so respectfully. I remember in 1998 when my brother was in Saudi Arabia, he met a Sheikh there and narrated his concern to him. The Sheikh advised him to do istighfar 70,000 times. Can you do this with your fingers?. The brother came from Saudi with a Masbaha of 1000 counts.

So stop wasting your time over petty thing. If you want to use it, fine.

There is a naflat called "Salatul Tasbih" in 4 rakat. You have to recite namaz certain amount. Tell me how you gonna do this with your fingers if tesuba is bid'ah?.

There is another masjid in NYC. In 2013 we did salatu tasbih. The Imams there also think like op and co. He used Masbaha throughout 4 rakat. Dont you think you wasting your time with double standard idea?

1 Like

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Empiree: 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
lebienconnu:
As for the idea that using masbaha is imitating kuffar is false. Masbaha was known those times. I dont even know why i am even involved in this. Even without daleel (proof), common sense says it all. There is no difference btw using masbaha and microphone for adhan. Both are not act of worship. So why condemn masbaha but they have no problem using mic to proclaim adhan? Another double standard right?

Anyways, it is very important to look into narrations in details when nabi(SAW) reproached something and when he is silent or approved the same thing in another narration. This is fiqh issue which means opinion varies widely on it. But to tag it bida'h is off. I use my fingers for small counts and i use tesuba when it is convenient for me.

This Is Question Asked By Someone WHo Think masbaha is Copied from Kuffar

Evidence about prayer-beads in Islam

It has been suggested by orientalists and by some Muslims reiterating their arguments that the use of prayer beads started in Hinduism and was carried over into Buddhism.

At the time of the Arab expansion, Afghanistan and western Persia were primarily Buddhist. The mystics of Islam and the mystics of Buddhism of course recognized each other, and thus the notion of counting prayers on a string of beads made its way westwards. The Christians got them from the "Saracens" (Turks, mostly) during the Crusades. However this view of the origin of the tasbih is incorrect:

Allah says in His Holy Book to His Holy Prophet, "Remind people, for reminding benefits them." The reminder of Muslims has various forms, public and private. A public form of this reminder is the adhan. The masbaha or subha or tasbih, or rosary, or prayer-beads, has had since the earliest companions the function of a private reminder. It is for that reason that the tasbih was called by them mudhakkira, "reminder."

The statement, often heard today, that counting dhikr on beads is an innovation, is mistaken. The use of beads for counting dhikr is a sunna attested by the sahih hadith of Saad ibn Abi Waqqas, who related that the Prophet, Peace be upon him, once saw a woman using some date stones or pebbles (nawan aw hasan), and did not prohibit her to use them. This hadith is found in Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nisa'i, Ibn Maja, Ibn Hibban, and Hakim. Dhahabi declared it sahih. Another sahih hadith to that effect was related by Safiyya, who was seen by the Prophet, Peace be upon him, counting "Subhan Allah" on four thousand date stones. This hadith is found in Tirmidhi, Hakim, and Tabarani, and was confirmed by Suyuti.

The Indian hadith scholar Zakariyya al-Khandlawi relates in his book "Stories of the Sahaba" that Abu Hurayrah said: "I recite istighfar (formula of asking forgiveness) 12,000 times daily" and that, according to his grandson, he had a piece of thread with 1,000 knots (or 2,000) and would not go to sleep until he had said Subhan Allah (Glory to God)on all of these knots. According to her granddaughter through Imam Hussayn, Sittna Fatima also used to count her dhikr on a thread with knots.

Mawlana Zakariyya continues, "It is well-known that many other companions of the Prophet, Peace be upon him, used beads in their private devotions, such as Saad ibn Abi Waqqas himself, Abu Safiah the slave of the Prophet, Abu Sa`d, Abu Darda', and Sittna Fatima, May Allah be pleased with them all. Stringing or not stringing the beads together does not make any difference."

It is also well-established that counting dhikr is a sunna of the Prophet, Peace be upon him. He himself advised his wives, Sayyidna cAli, and Sittna Fatima to count tasbih (subhan Allah), tahmid (al-hamdu lillah), and takbir (Allahu akbar) thirty-three times each before going to bed at night. Ibn `Amr relates that he saw the Prophet, Peace be upon him, count the times he said "Subhan Allah" on his hand.

Imam Suyuti recounted in one of his fatwas entitled "al-minha fi al-sibha" (The Profit Derived From Using a Rosary) the story of Ikrima, who asked his teacher `Umar al-Maliki about the rosary. `Umar answered him that he had also asked his teacher Hasan al-Basri about it and was told: "Something we have used at the beginning we are not desirous to leave at the end. I love to remember Allah with my heart, my hand, and my tongue." Suyuti comments: "And how should it be otherwise, when the rosary reminds one of Allah Most High, and a person seldom sees a rosary except he remembers Allah, which is among the greatest of its benefits. “The idea that the sibha comes from Buddhism or Christianity was one of the Hungarian scholar Ignaz Goldziher's (fl. 1897) legacies to orientalism.

Blessings and Peace on the Prophet, his Family, and his Companions

Fouad Haddad, Naqshbandi-Haqqani Foundation of Ahl al-Sunna wal-Jama`a.

http://www.the-wayfarer.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=132:evidence-about-prayer-beads-in-islam&catid=10:additional-prayers&Itemid=9

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Demmzy15(m): 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2017

This is a PhD level exam at Imam Saud University. Exam questions on the deviations of Sayyid Qutb, Jam'aat at-Tableegh, takfeer etc.

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by lebienconnu: 8:50am On Apr 15, 2017
Empiree:
As for the idea that using masbaha is imitating kuffar is false. Masbaha was known those times. I dont even know why i am even involved in this. Even without daleel (proof), common sense says it all. There is no difference btw using masbaha and microphone for adhan. Both are not act of worship. So why condemn masbaha but they have no problem using mic to proclaim adhan? Another double standard right?

Anyways, it is very important to look into narrations in details when nabi(SAW) reproached something and when he is silent or approved the same thing in another narration. This is fiqh issue which means opinion varies widely on it. But to tag it bida'h is off. I use my fingers for small counts and i use tesuba when it is convenient for me.

This Is Question Asked By Someone WHo Think masbaha is Copied from Kuffar

Evidence about prayer-beads in Islam

It has been suggested by orientalists and by some Muslims reiterating their arguments that the use of prayer beads started in Hinduism and was carried over into Buddhism.

At the time of the Arab expansion, Afghanistan and western Persia were primarily Buddhist. The mystics of Islam and the mystics of Buddhism of course recognized each other, and thus the notion of counting prayers on a string of beads made its way westwards. The Christians got them from the "Saracens" (Turks, mostly) during the Crusades. However this view of the origin of the tasbih is incorrect:

Allah says in His Holy Book to His Holy Prophet, "Remind people, for reminding benefits them." The reminder of Muslims has various forms, public and private. A public form of this reminder is the adhan. The masbaha or subha or tasbih, or rosary, or prayer-beads, has had since the earliest companions the function of a private reminder. It is for that reason that the tasbih was called by them mudhakkira, "reminder."

The statement, often heard today, that counting dhikr on beads is an innovation, is mistaken. The use of beads for counting dhikr is a sunna attested by the sahih hadith of Saad ibn Abi Waqqas, who related that the Prophet, Peace be upon him, once saw a woman using some date stones or pebbles (nawan aw hasan), and did not prohibit her to use them. This hadith is found in Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nisa'i, Ibn Maja, Ibn Hibban, and Hakim. Dhahabi declared it sahih. Another sahih hadith to that effect was related by Safiyya, who was seen by the Prophet, Peace be upon him, counting "Subhan Allah" on four thousand date stones. This hadith is found in Tirmidhi, Hakim, and Tabarani, and was confirmed by Suyuti.

The Indian hadith scholar Zakariyya al-Khandlawi relates in his book "Stories of the Sahaba" that Abu Hurayrah said: "I recite istighfar (formula of asking forgiveness) 12,000 times daily" and that, according to his grandson, he had a piece of thread with 1,000 knots (or 2,000) and would not go to sleep until he had said Subhan Allah (Glory to God)on all of these knots. According to her granddaughter through Imam Hussayn, Sittna Fatima also used to count her dhikr on a thread with knots.

Mawlana Zakariyya continues, "It is well-known that many other companions of the Prophet, Peace be upon him, used beads in their private devotions, such as Saad ibn Abi Waqqas himself, Abu Safiah the slave of the Prophet, Abu Sa`d, Abu Darda', and Sittna Fatima, May Allah be pleased with them all. Stringing or not stringing the beads together does not make any difference."

It is also well-established that counting dhikr is a sunna of the Prophet, Peace be upon him. He himself advised his wives, Sayyidna cAli, and Sittna Fatima to count tasbih (subhan Allah), tahmid (al-hamdu lillah), and takbir (Allahu akbar) thirty-three times each before going to bed at night. Ibn `Amr relates that he saw the Prophet, Peace be upon him, count the times he said "Subhan Allah" on his hand.

Imam Suyuti recounted in one of his fatwas entitled "al-minha fi al-sibha" (The Profit Derived From Using a Rosary) the story of Ikrima, who asked his teacher `Umar al-Maliki about the rosary. `Umar answered him that he had also asked his teacher Hasan al-Basri about it and was told: "Something we have used at the beginning we are not desirous to leave at the end. I love to remember Allah with my heart, my hand, and my tongue." Suyuti comments: "And how should it be otherwise, when the rosary reminds one of Allah Most High, and a person seldom sees a rosary except he remembers Allah, which is among the greatest of its benefits. “The idea that the sibha comes from Buddhism or Christianity was one of the Hungarian scholar Ignaz Goldziher's (fl. 1897) legacies to orientalism.

Blessings and Peace on the Prophet, his Family, and his Companions

Fouad Haddad, Naqshbandi-Haqqani Foundation of Ahl al-Sunna wal-Jama`a.

http://www.the-wayfarer.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=132:evidence-about-prayer-beads-in-islam&catid=10:additional-prayers&Itemid=9

Jazakumullahu khairan. May Allah increase you in knowledge. In fact, you took that microphone comparison from my mouth.
Tagging use of tesuba as bid'a is too extreme. Perhaps they do not understand the meaning of bid'a.

This is applicable to many other things they tag bid'a thus making our religion more confusing, complex and confounded.

One of them was arguing with me about darood. He said dong it "too much" is bid'a. What I know is they are suffering from confusion secondary to hypertoxicity of overdose of their so called "knowledge".:

Nay, the religion of Allah is a straight one.
How many tarowih did the holy prophet observe? None for your info. Is that one bid'a too.

1 Like

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Empiree: 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2017
lebienconnu:

Jazakumullahu khairan. May Allah increase you in knowledge. In fact, you took that microphone comparison from my mouth.
Tagging use of tesuba as bid'a is too extreme. Perhaps they do not understand the meaning of bid'a.

This is applicable to many other things they tag bid'a thus making our religion more confusing, complex and confounded.

One of them was arguing with me about darood. He said dong it "too much" is bid'a. What I know is they are suffering from confusion secondary to hypertoxicity of overdose of their so called "knowledge".:

Nay, the religion of Allah is a straight one.
How many tarowih did the holy prophet observe? None for your info. Is that one bid'a too.
you dey mind them. Sending salams on the prophet (saw) has no limit. In sura 33:56, it is "present continuous tense" (Mudhaari) which means as we speak Allah and His malaikat are sending salams on him uncountable times every SECOND, MINUTE, HOUR everyday. So who are we to restrict sending blessing.

The best way to becoming waliy is being steadfast on darood. He's the gate that opens the way to Allah.

Do they expect nabi (saw) to sit down and do darood. Who would he do that to? .himself?. Does that even make sense. That's not his job but ours
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Demmzy15(m): 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
This renegade wants to poison the youths of Ogun State. May Allaah protect us all!! angry embarassed cry

#modified

I purposely cancelled the addresses and phone number, I don't want to be a source of spreading evil and falsehood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2017
The prophet (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, “Verily Allaah has prevented repentance from every person of innovation.” [Silsilat Al-Ahaadeeth As-Saheehah (1620)]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by FriendNG: 9:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
AbdelKabir:
The prophet (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, “Verily Allaah has prevented repentance from every person of innovation.” [Silsilat Al-Ahaadeeth As-Saheehah (1620)]

Slm. Elucidate more on this hadith. Repentance as in how.?

1 Like

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Nobody: 3:11am On Apr 24, 2017
FriendNG:

Slm. Elucidate more on this hadith. Repentance as in how.?

An innovator....... rarely does he repent because he thinks that he is upon the truth, NL is a good case study, you see them saying all sort of nonsense and rubbish which they have no knowledge of just to justify their bidah.....

This is contrary to the sinner for he knows that he is disobeying Allaah and that he is committing a sinful deed. As for the innovator, he considers himself to be obeying Allaah and to be upon obedience, so how is it easy for a person of innovation to repent? This is why innovation, and Allaah’s refuge is sought, is worse than sin. And this is why the Salaf warned the people from sitting and gathering with the innovators.....
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 16, 2017
Shaykh al-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullaah) said:

“You shall never find an innovator except that he loves to conceal the texts that oppose him. He detests disclosing them, narrating them, speaking of them, and he detests those who do all that.”

Majmoo’ al-Fataawaa 20/161. . .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by IbnMajaah: 4:47pm On May 23, 2017
Subhanallah, just saw this on someone's whatsapp profile status

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Black Man And His Allah / How Should We Return The Greetings From A Non-muslim / Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.