Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! (16911 Views)

I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. / Uniabuja Student Gives Birth In The Hostel By Herself / Pix..newborn Baby Found In Toilet Pipe After Student Gives Birth And Runs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by LFJ: 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2009
Outrage and amazement are some of the emotions currently on display in Yola, Adamawa State, after the startling revelation contained in a letter addressed to a radio station in the state capital, Radio Gotel, by a lady who claimed to be an undergraduate of the Federal University of Technology Yola (FUTY).

The lady, in the letter which was sent to the producer of the programme, "Heart to Heart", said she contracted the Human Immuno-deficiency Virus (HIV) from her student boyfriend and has, in revenge, willfully slept with some 124 students and lecturers at the school.

The letter also contained the writer's threat to make public the names of those who have had sex with her "on the notice board." This has led to panic and spirited discussions among the male population in Yola, especially within the school community. The school's authorities, however, claim to be unaware of the letter, but promised to look into it.

The letter reads, in part: "I have a well-documented report of all those guys and lecturers who crossed my path, since I got infected with this deadly disease in the campus. So far, I have had 124 students and lecturers; out of these, only six (6) used condoms".

On a revenge mission

Continuing, she said in the letter, "I owe nobody an apology and am still on a spreading till I spread it no more."

The writer, who did not hide the trauma and disappointment she faced, explained in the letter that her first impulse upon the discovery of her HIV status was to take away her own life.

"I, however, did not confide my status to anyone until today (i.e the disclosure via the letter)," she said. "Since 2006, I promised myself that it's in the university I got it and here I will leave it. I have indeed lived to keep my promise.

"I was in year three when a student on his attachment in our school proposed for a relationship. He had all the qualities a woman would want in a man so I gave in. He told me all a girl would want to hear. In my innocence and naivety, I succumbed to his pressure to have sex with him. Consequently, I lost my virginity to him.

"After his placement, he reported for his final year and we still had contacts. I visited him on a number of occasions, I have even lost count the number of times I visited him. He was my first and only love and, therefore, hanged on every word he told me.

"My boyfriend later graduated and we lost contact until last month when his sister told me about his whereabouts. Before registration in the faculty of science, I went for medical test as is the requirement. I then opted for an HIV/AIDS test, which unfortunately turned out to be positive.

"It then dawned on me that I have traded the rest of my life for a university student who had deliberately and intentionally preyed on my innocence".

Danger of casual sex

A medical worker, who gave her name as Agnes, said the only lesson from the letter is that people should be careful about casual sex.

"Whatever you think, it is a fact that casual sex is very popular and for a lot of people, it's something that either satisfies a desire or serves a purpose," she said. "It is, therefore, an issue that affects many young people today, as they patronise casual sex under the various terms like ‘No strings attached' and ‘the one night stands' culture gaining foothold in our social life."

According to the United Nations AIDs agency, a vast majority of people with HIV and AIDS live in lower and middle-income countries. Around half of all people who become infected with HIV do so before they are25.

Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by tanimz(f): 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2009
So sad, cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2009
Wow that's so sad
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by r231(m): 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2009
,wow
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2009
So far, I have had 124 students and lecturers; out of these, only six (6) used condoms".

shocked terrible:::

Zip Up Guyz!!
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by patwhizkid(f): 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2009
Thank God i don't have a brother in that school o.
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by platinumnk(f): 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2009
They had something like that in my University

A guy contacted HIV and was deliberately giving it to males and females

I think he infected at least 300 in 3 years

He was finally caught and is now rotting away in prison
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by silvernice(m): 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2009
keep on the revenge baby. for all osho free guys who no get self control. get your piece of the sting.
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by omega25red(m): 5:58pm On Dec 15, 2009
silvernice:

keep on the revenge baby. for all osho free guys who no get self control. get your piece of the sting.

That is cruel and insensitive to say ^^^ just because you are a virgin and no woman will give you some should not have you support someone who is delibratly spreading a disease she got from her own boyfriend. If she was so mad she would have asked him to use a condom when they were doing it. I hope this is a hoax and if not if they catch her, firing squad will be too good for her
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by foyeks2001(f): 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2009
a ni resu oo
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by omega25red(m): 6:05pm On Dec 15, 2009
foyeks2001:

a ni resu oo
ami oo
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by igotalk(m): 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2009
Heard stuffs like this happen all the time, i remember reading in the news some white girl spreading hiv to black guys cuz she got infected by a black guy sad thats y i stay strapped
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by Sauron1: 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2009
faakay:

So far, I have had 124 students and lecturers; out of these, only six (6) used condoms".

shocked terrible:::

Zip Up Guyz!!

Statistically, only 38 of the 124 students/lecturers will be infected.
It's not so bad. cheesy
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by sjeezy8: 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2009
oluwaa ooooooo shocked shocked
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by joekudi360(m): 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2009
chineke mo chai
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by puskin: 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2009
^ . . .that number will still be less than 38.
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by MsDiva1(f): 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2009
Come on people, condoms are not that freaking expensive.

LFJ:

The letter reads, in part: "I have a well-documented report of all those guys and lecturers who crossed my path, since I got infected with this deadly disease in the campus. So far, I have had 124 students and lecturers; out of these, only six (6) used condoms".

But @ her for writing a "well-documented report" in case any of the guys were in doubt lol.

Sauron did you check for your name lol?
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by sjeezy8: 6:27pm On Dec 15, 2009
at d same time male to female transmission is more likely than female to male
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by MsDiva1(f): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2009
sjeezy8:

at d same time male to female transmission is more likely than female to male

LOL!!! Where did you get that from?
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by sjeezy8: 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2009
its true

During sex, HIV is transmitted from men to women much more easily than from women to men.
http://www.aids.org/factSheets/610-Women-and-HIV.html
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by Sauron1: 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2009
Ms Diva:

Sauron did you check for your name lol?

I left Naija years before this happened?
Yola of all places?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ms Diva:

LOL!!! Where did you get that from?

If an infected woman sleeps with 10 men. . . . . .Only 3 of those men will be infected.
If 10 infected men sleep with a woman at different times. . . .She will get infected by each one of them.
It's that simple. . . . . .A woman's [i]v[/i]agina is a[i] c[/i]um deposit. grin grin grin grin
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by MsDiva1(f): 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

Yola of all places?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I know you have "connections" everywhere so I had to ask lol.

~Sauron~:

If an infected woman sleeps with 10 men. . . . . .Only 3 of those men will be infected.
If 10 infected men sleep with a woman at different times. . . .She will get infected by each one of them.
It's that simple. . . . . .A woman's [i]v[/i]agina is a[i] c[/i]um deposit. grin grin grin grin

sjeezy8:

its true

During sex, HIV is transmitted from men to women much more easily than from women to men.
http://www.aids.org/factSheets/610-Women-and-HIV.html

That is because men, on the average, are hoes and have multiple sex partners.
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by sjeezy8: 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

Yola of all places? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

lol that sounds sooo messed up
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by MsDiva1(f): 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol that sounds sooo messed up

lol I'm not surprised anymore. It's Sauron, during the day he's a male chauvinist. When night falls, his flirtatious side comes to life lol.
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by sjeezy8: 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2009
Ms Diva:

lol I'm not surprised anymore. It's Sauron, during the day he's a male chauvinist. When night falls, his flirtatious side comes to life lol.

lol
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by MsDiva1(f): 6:46pm On Dec 15, 2009
Oh, you still owe me an email
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by Sauron1: 6:46pm On Dec 15, 2009
Ms Diva:

I know you have "connections" everywhere so I had to ask lol.

I don't know anyone in Yola.
I pray i don't meet anyone from that part of Nigeria.

That is because men, on the average, are hoes and have multiple sex partners.

God loves us.
All these misconducts and still nature has a way of protecting us. . . . .
I can't imagine men getting pregnant. . . . . . I woulda had 500 babies. grin grin grin grin

Ms Diva:

Hehehehehe. . .
Errrrrrrrrrrrm, i think it's the reverse. grin
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by sjeezy8: 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2009
Ms Diva:

ok i got you wink
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by Phlota(f): 6:52pm On Dec 15, 2009
hers is such a sad tale bt revenge only increases d hurt. we all av 2 b CAREFUL!
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by MsDiva1(f): 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

I don't know anyone in Yola.
I pray i don't meet anyone from that part of Nigeria.

God loves us.
All these misconducts and still nature has a way of protecting us. . . . .
I can't imagine men getting pregnant. . . . . . I woulda had 500 babies. grin grin grin grin

You're such a hoe. But I still love you so you better keep that condom handy in case one of the dudes from Yola come to your side of London to sow his wild oats sugar-coated with HIV.

Phlota:

hers is such a sad tale bt revenge only increases d hurt. we all av 2 b CAREFUL!

She's just being a cheerful giver.
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by sjeezy8: 6:58pm On Dec 15, 2009
Ms Diva:

I dont have you email since the mod deleted it in the other thread
e mail me
sjeezy8@aol.com
Re: Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! by Sauron1: 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2009
Ms Diva:

You're such a hoe. But I still love you so you better keep that condom handy in case one of the dudes from Yola come to your side of London to sow his wild oats sugar-coated with HIV.

I carry ma device with me at all times: HIV detector. cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For December 30 2020 In Nigeria / Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG / Lagos Discharges Five More Coronavirus Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.