Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,780 members, 7,806,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

SPORTS Champions League: How Bayern Humiliated Arsenal 10-2 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / SPORTS Champions League: How Bayern Humiliated Arsenal 10-2 (395 Views)

Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca / Watch How Liverpool Humiliated Arsenal , Click To Watch ..https://ckk.ai/macd0 / Alex Iwobi: Why I 'Humiliated' Hamari Traore For Having 'Bad Breath' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SPORTS Champions League: How Bayern Humiliated Arsenal 10-2 by engrMikemd(m): 6:53am On Mar 08, 2017
Arsene Wenger blamed Laurent Koscielny ’ s dismissal for the 5 - 1 loss to Bayern Munich on Tuesday that condemned Arsenal to a humiliating 10 - 2 aggregate Champions League defeat .
Trailing 5 - 1 from the first leg , Arsenal pulled a goal back through Theo Walcott in the first half before Koscielny was sent off in the 54 th minute for a challenge on Robert Lewandowski .
Lewandowski scored the subsequent penalty and Bayern ran riot against Arsenal’ s 10 men as Wenger ’ s side limped out of the competition in the last 16 for the seventh season running .“ We produced the game we wanted and we were really unlucky , ” Arsenal manager Wenger told BT Sport at the Emirates Stadium .
“ Some of the decisions of the referee were very difficult to understand. Lewandowski ’ s offside , there’ s no penalty.
“ On top of that you get the red card . Of course that killed us . After that it was very difficult for us to finish the game .
“ It’ s difficult to understand what happened . My team has produced a huge effort and played very well . ”
Greek referee Tasos Sidiropoulos initially chose to book Koscielny , before showing the French centre -back a red card after consulting with the official behind the goal .
“ It’ s just not serious , ” Wenger said . “ When you see the importance of the game and you see an attitude like that .
“ I ’ m absolutely revolted and sorry for the people who paid a lot of money to watch this game . ”
A group of around 200 Arsenal fans marched in protest against Wenger prior to the game and some supporters held up “WENGER OUT ” banners at the final whistle.
Asked if the protesting fans reflected the mood at the club, Wenger replied : “ No , not at all. I have nothing to add . ”
http://punchng.com/champions-league-how-bayern-humiliated-arsenal-10-2/

(1) (Reply)

'I Sleep Better When Barcelona Lose' - Sergio Ramos Wants PSG To Win Barca / Nigeria Target Tammy Abraham Focused On Representing England Ahead Of U21 / Leicester City Advances To Quarter Finals (aggr 3-2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.