Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,535 members, 7,801,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie (22790 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Hosts Lupita Nyong’o In Lagos / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by WhiteHouseNaija: 8:43am On Mar 08, 2017
[img]http://2.bp..com/-UCxaAbW_VhE/WL-gqLgbc3I/AAAAAAAAArY/Dt9L7Rg5Gd4UvV-AUCi_BciiJE_WrNgdwCLcB/s280/Chimamanda-Adichie-600x400.jpg[/img]

Award-winning Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, wants women to be treated as though they have “penis.”

Adichie stated that her aim for feminism drive was to ensure that marriages change for good, and that women are treated same as “someone who has penis.”

Speaking with The Guardian of London, the novelist noted that having a feminist label attached to her has changed things.

She said, “I was opened to a certain level of hostility that I hadn’t experienced before as a writer and public figure.”

The award-wining writer recounted her encounter with a young male admirer during an official outing in Nigeria.

Adichie said, “I used to love you. I’ve read all your books. But since you started this whole feminism thing, and since you started to talk about this gay thing, I’m just not sure about you any more. How do you intend to keep the love of people like me?”

In her response, she told the man, “Keep your love, because, sadly, while I love to be loved, I will not accept your love if it comes with these conditions.”

https://uzomediangr./2017/03/08/women-should-be-treated-as-those-with-penis-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by kaykay1980: 8:50am On Mar 08, 2017
Go buy am now, this na why una dey no dey marry again

24 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by amani337(m): 8:52am On Mar 08, 2017

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Jayson1: 8:54am On Mar 08, 2017
“Keep your love, because, sadly, while I love to be loved, I will not accept your love if it comes with these conditions.”

Quote of the month.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Jayson1: 8:59am On Mar 08, 2017
But wait a minute, if by any chance they're been treated as "someone" with joystick, what will the world look like?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by johnbuck81(m): 9:19am On Mar 08, 2017
this is wrong..a woman is a woman and a man remains a man.treat the pussy as a cat and the dick as Harry.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Speedyconnect7: 9:27am On Mar 08, 2017
trash talker

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by TMDavidWest(f): 9:33am On Mar 08, 2017
In her response, she told the man, “Keep your love, because, sadly, while I love to be loved, I will not accept your love if it comes with these conditions.”

That response, I echo it. If your love has conditions, please keep it. Let me be me. Thank you

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by ShitHead(m): 11:14am On Mar 08, 2017
I can't until I see their joysticks...even if I do, I no go fuvk tranny...idots. #TeamPussy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by NNVanguard(m): 11:14am On Mar 08, 2017
Controversial Chimamanda

1 Like

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by cremedelacreme: 11:14am On Mar 08, 2017
Chimamanda I am one of your biggest fans but you are falling my hand lately with this your feminism stuff.

7 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 08, 2017
Lol funny quote grin grin grin
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Nne5: 11:15am On Mar 08, 2017
Chimamanda! smiley

Myy own chimamanda.

Love you!

Love you plenty!! smiley smiley

ShitHead:
I can't until I see their joysticks...even if I do, I no go fuvk tranny...idots. #TeamPussy.

3 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by saerkon: 11:15am On Mar 08, 2017
life would become much more difficult 4 d female folks

4 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by olahero(m): 11:16am On Mar 08, 2017
hmmmm short of word.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 08, 2017
Seun lalaaticlala, I'm still trying to understand why parts of the body like 'pënis and vagina' are automatically changed to joystick or whatever useless name.

Isnt it stupid that one can type 'leg, knee, head, finger' without it been changed, but can't use penis? There is no part of the body called 'joystick'

This is plain hypocrisy and childishness!!!

It will really be interesting to know the lame reason for this

30 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Ekpekus(m): 11:16am On Mar 08, 2017
This one don come again with her feminist wahala

1 Like

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Donmoris212: 11:16am On Mar 08, 2017
nonsesical no wonder d divorce rate is getting high women lyk diz will jxt make our ladies useless is already happening
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Scatterscatter(m): 11:17am On Mar 08, 2017
I dislike the insincerity of acclaimed feminists.

"Women should be treated as those with joysticks" but when armed robbers attack, the same women will run behind those with the "joystick" and the "joystick" will willingly receive the bullet on her behalf.

I really pity our Nigerian ladies who are doing copy-copy of the nonsense feminism wave blowing in the West.
Ever wondered why the rate of divorce and separation has increased in Nigeria since the advent of Social Media?

Ladies, be wise as no man will ever give his best to any woman that dare challenge his authority all the time. Make a man feel less of himself and watch a Prince turn to a dare-devil!
Men are naturally egoistic in nature, stroke his ego positively and trust me, you will have him do anything you wish without conflict.

34 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by ymdo(m): 11:17am On Mar 08, 2017
Feminist and their wahala

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Earth2Metahuman: 11:17am On Mar 08, 2017
Ok

So if I punch a woman in the face for saying shit, you still won't come for my head ehn? Adickche

3 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by izzou(m): 11:17am On Mar 08, 2017
grin

I pity broke and struggling ladies that will heed to her advise.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by bewla(m): 11:18am On Mar 08, 2017
y
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by rawgurl(f): 11:18am On Mar 08, 2017
She is chasing the wind, feminism is us (the females) fooling our selves.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Acidosis(m): 11:18am On Mar 08, 2017
If you got that treatment, you would not be at this level today

1 Like

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by xynerise: 11:19am On Mar 08, 2017
But they don't have joystick undecided
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by martineverest(m): 11:19am On Mar 08, 2017
True...... As they will also contribute to their homes equally with people with joysticks.

Women will now also be Men ATM too
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 08, 2017
Well we already know they now carry their own dong in their hand-bags... shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 08, 2017
Crap!
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 08, 2017
Lilyqueen

Whats_ur_opinion?
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by LagosismyHome(f): 11:20am On Mar 08, 2017
I admire her work but lately her mouth just runs left and right just to be in the press.... you hardly hear her say anything positive about Nigeria

Why does she only talk about negative experience she encountered while in Nigeria. Surely she had many positive experience too..... yawn undecided

Next week you see another -ve post abt 9ja from her, just watch

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. / Trapped By Passion (18+) / DESIRE 2(house On Fire) By John Mfon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.